|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the assassin's face?
2. What is Zaibatsu's most numerous faction?
3. What doesn't Lindsay correct Dr. Prager on?
4. Where does the child want to go?
5. What is risky to Nora?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lindsay tell Nora that he would deny if she repeated?
2. What is the point of Carnaval and why do the pirates want the Shapers to join in?
3. Why is the name "Fuzzy" a private joke?
4. Why does the Alien's arrival signal the start of peace between the Mechanists and Shapers?
5. What are the three things the President makes sure that Lindsay understands?
6. What does Greta suggest when they arrive back at her suite?
7. Why does it take courage for Lindsay to approach the Nephrine Black Medicals?
8. What does the camera want to know from Lindsay once he hasd woken up?
9. How does Nikolai come to find the central question of the universe? What is the central question?
10. What do the surgeons do to Kitsune?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the political system on Dembowska. How is it easily misinterpreted by outsiders? Are they totally wrong in their assumptions? Why or why not? Explain whether or not this political system has an advantage over political systems on Earth.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Lindsay's relationships throughout the novel. What is interesting to note about each of them? What relationship lasts the longest, in the course of the novel and in years elapsed? Why do you think that is?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Investors and the unity that formed against them. How is this unity rallied and agreed upon? What is the catalyst, and how is this evident to the reader? What would be required for the Investors to become the primary political force? Would this occur? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,737 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)