|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has come to visit Lindsay?
2. The woman who meets up with Lindsay at the clinic is _________________?
3. How close does Lindsay get to the impact site?
4. Who is the one with luck?
5. What do Lindsay and Nora have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is rumored about the people beyond the Wall?
2. How do the locals view marriage to Carnassus?
3. What does Alexandrina view as very sad?
4. What does Greta suggest when they arrive back at her suite?
5. Who is Evan Kelland to Lindsay?
6. How does Vera come between Constantine and Lindsay? Why does she do this?
7. What does Lindsay tell Nora that he would deny if she repeated?
8. What had the Investor queen done that was so bad?
9. What does Ryumin attempt to convince Lindsay he should do?
10. What are the three things the President makes sure that Lindsay understands?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lindsay's parting gift to Kitsune. How is this gift more than a little morbid and psychopathic? How could it backfire on Lindsay? What is the problem with giving a being that is hungry for power more and more of it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the political system of the Schismatrix. How is this system in a state of constant flux? What does an individual have to do in order to maintain control? Who or what controls the system throughout most of the book? How is this evident?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the political system on Dembowska. How is it easily misinterpreted by outsiders? Are they totally wrong in their assumptions? Why or why not? Explain whether or not this political system has an advantage over political systems on Earth.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)