|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As what does Ryumin tell Lindsay to think of him?
2. What stops Nora from killing Abelard/Lindsay?
3. Why is language not necessary for the tape?
4. What does Lindsay tell the camera that he doesn't have?
5. How old is Lindsay when he goes in for a decatabolism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Greta suggest when they arrive back at her suite?
2. How do the locals view marriage to Carnassus?
3. What is Wells' main issue with the aliens?
4. Why is Lindsay so freaked out about fire?
5. What do the surgeons do to Kitsune?
6. What initially causes Lindsay not to trust the woman who is going to do his rejuvenation?
7. Why won't Nora come with Lindsay?
8. What are the three things the President makes sure that Lindsay understands?
9. What does the drogue do to Lindsay?
10. Why is Lindsay thrilled when the tape mimics an Investor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine Dr. Afriel's desire to exploit the Swarm for the benefit of his faction. Is this behavior any different from what people try to do in general? How or why not? Cite examples from human history to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Investors attachment to their "pet." How does this go against the knowledge previously offered about the Investors? What does this suggest about their social system? How does this make them more human-like?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the political system on Dembowska. How is it easily misinterpreted by outsiders? Are they totally wrong in their assumptions? Why or why not? Explain whether or not this political system has an advantage over political systems on Earth.
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)