|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had killed Lindsay's assassin?
2. What has Lindsay contracted?
3. Why is it recommended that Lindsay breathe shallowly?
4. What doesn't Lindsay correct Dr. Prager on?
5. Which direction does Lindsay fly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes it clear that the Investors hadn't intended to trade their pet?
2. How has Spider Rose's pet helped her overcome issues?
3. Why does the Alien's arrival signal the start of peace between the Mechanists and Shapers?
4. What does Greta suggest when they arrive back at her suite?
5. What interesting information does Lindsay find out about Wellspring?
6. Why is the Queen's departure the death knell for CK?
7. What has Landau been waiting for, and why did he have to wait?
8. What does the book refer to in Chapter Nine regarding the strain on humanity?
9. What does the drogue do to Lindsay?
10. Who is Evan Kelland to Lindsay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the form of currency in the Schismatrix. Why is this form of currency efficient? How is it a trading currency? What are some of the logical issues behind a currency based on energy? Would it be easy to gain a stranglehold on such a market? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Lindsay's initial lack of desire for going in for treatment for aging. What is he afraid to lose? Do these fears have merit? Why or why not? What could Lindsay stand to gain?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the political system of the Schismatrix. How is this system in a state of constant flux? What does an individual have to do in order to maintain control? Who or what controls the system throughout most of the book? How is this evident?
This section contains 1,565 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)