|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Lindsay to get into the decontamination suit?
2. What does Lindsay find in space that he is forced to eliminate?
3. How old is the man whom Lindsay meets?
4. Who had Constantine meant to kill?
5. Who has been the informant for this person?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the point of Carnaval and why do the pirates want the Shapers to join in?
2. How does Vera come between Constantine and Lindsay? Why does she do this?
3. Why does the Alien's arrival signal the start of peace between the Mechanists and Shapers?
4. What do the surgeons do to Kitsune?
5. How does the Fortuna Miner's Democracy react to the contents of Lindsay's bag?
6. What is Wells' main issue with the aliens?
7. Why are habitats sacred?
8. What is rumored about the people beyond the Wall?
9. What is Zen Sarotonin?
10. Why does it take courage for Lindsay to approach the Nephrine Black Medicals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lindsay's parting gift to Kitsune. How is this gift more than a little morbid and psychopathic? How could it backfire on Lindsay? What is the problem with giving a being that is hungry for power more and more of it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the political system of the Schismatrix. How is this system in a state of constant flux? What does an individual have to do in order to maintain control? Who or what controls the system throughout most of the book? How is this evident?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the Investors way regarding business. Compare it with the way business models are done in our world. What are some of the main differences? Some similarities? Would the Investors way of doing business succeed on Earth? Why or why not?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)