|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kitsune make Lindsay help her with the front?
2. What is Constantine's daughter's name?
3. What color are the roaches that Rep 2 likes?
4. What is cheap among Shapers?
5. What is wrong with the assassin's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the drogue do to Lindsay?
2. How do the locals view marriage to Carnassus?
3. What is Constantine's pride and joy?
4. What initially causes Lindsay not to trust the woman who is going to do his rejuvenation?
5. Why are habitats sacred?
6. Why is Lindsay hesitant to get a rejuvenation?
7. Why does the Alien's arrival signal the start of peace between the Mechanists and Shapers?
8. Why is Lindsay so freaked out about fire?
9. How is the right to death on Zaibatsu claimed, and how else might Lindsay be terminated?
10. Why won't Nora come with Lindsay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the feuds against the Shapers. What characteristics make them so disliked? Who, specifically, doesn't like them and why? Do these presumed traits by enemies of the Shapers have merit? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The social hierarchy of the Investors is interesting to examine, especially considering their lack of emotions. Describe and explain their social hierarchy and how the Investor society is established, and compare it to human society. What major differences, aside from the ability of interstellar travel, do both species possess?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Nora's betrayal of her gene line. How does it become clear that this is a regret of hers? What does she do in order to not have regrets further? How does this illustrate Nora's true emotional ties? Defend your argument utilizing quotes from the book.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)