|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not a native emotion to the Investors?
2. What does Lindsay tell the camera that he doesn't have?
3. What is the final organ that the Mechanists trade?
4. Why is the Geisha Bank's attention guaranteed to Lindsay?
5. Whose idea are the concession stands?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nikolai retire and commit suicide?
2. What does Lindsay tell Nora that he would deny if she repeated?
3. Why is the Queen's departure the death knell for CK?
4. Why is the name "Fuzzy" a private joke?
5. What is Constantine's pride and joy?
6. What interesting information does Lindsay find out about Wellspring?
7. How do the locals view marriage to Carnassus?
8. Why does Lindsay feel secure in his incognito clothes?
9. Why is Lindsay thrilled when the tape mimics an Investor?
10. How has Spider Rose's pet helped her overcome issues?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Investors attachment to their "pet." How does this go against the knowledge previously offered about the Investors? What does this suggest about their social system? How does this make them more human-like?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss a universe in which humanity all have long lasting life spans. What would be some of the benefits to such a world? What would be some of the drawbacks? Extrapolating on what is known about humanity now, discuss how longevity might not be a boon to any planet or solar system on which humans reside.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Investors and the unity that formed against them. How is this unity rallied and agreed upon? What is the catalyst, and how is this evident to the reader? What would be required for the Investors to become the primary political force? Would this occur? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,576 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)