|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is this faction rumored to practice?
2. How old is Lindsay when he goes in for a decatabolism?
3. What does Lindsay plot with Wells?
4. What do the pirates give as gifts to the people beyond the Wall?
5. Who had killed Lindsay's assassin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Wells' main issue with the aliens?
2. What news hits Constantine hard?
3. What do the surgeons do to Kitsune?
4. How is the right to death on Zaibatsu claimed, and how else might Lindsay be terminated?
5. What is Constantine's pride and joy?
6. Why does the Alien's arrival signal the start of peace between the Mechanists and Shapers?
7. Why are habitats sacred?
8. Why does Lindsay feel secure in his incognito clothes?
9. What is the point of Carnaval and why do the pirates want the Shapers to join in?
10. Who is Evan Kelland to Lindsay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Lindsay changes his identity numerous times. What are some of the similarities in each of his characters? What are some of the main differences? How do these characters impact his personality? Explain your answer thoroughly.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Investors and the unity that formed against them. How is this unity rallied and agreed upon? What is the catalyst, and how is this evident to the reader? What would be required for the Investors to become the primary political force? Would this occur? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the political system on Dembowska. How is it easily misinterpreted by outsiders? Are they totally wrong in their assumptions? Why or why not? Explain whether or not this political system has an advantage over political systems on Earth.
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)