|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Lindsay is aboard?
2. Who had Constantine meant to kill?
3. What does Ryumin believe the audience will really want to see?
4. What does the President ask to be done with it?
5. Who wins the fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Greta suggest when they arrive back at her suite?
2. What does the drogue do to Lindsay?
3. Why are habitats sacred?
4. What does the camera want to know from Lindsay once he hasd woken up?
5. What is the Geisha Bank?
6. How do the locals view marriage to Carnassus?
7. What is the point of Carnaval and why do the pirates want the Shapers to join in?
8. Why is Lindsay hesitant to get a rejuvenation?
9. What does Alexandrina view as very sad?
10. What is Zen Sarotonin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss a universe in which humanity all have long lasting life spans. What would be some of the benefits to such a world? What would be some of the drawbacks? Extrapolating on what is known about humanity now, discuss how longevity might not be a boon to any planet or solar system on which humans reside.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the feuds against the Shapers. What characteristics make them so disliked? Who, specifically, doesn't like them and why? Do these presumed traits by enemies of the Shapers have merit? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the form of currency in the Schismatrix. Why is this form of currency efficient? How is it a trading currency? What are some of the logical issues behind a currency based on energy? Would it be easy to gain a stranglehold on such a market? How or why not?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)