|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Mechanists desire?
2. Who wins the fight?
3. What does the President ask to be done with it?
4. What kind of broth is Lindsay fed?
5. Lindsay buys an aircraft with a credit card. What kind of wings does it have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Presence reveal itself to be and what does it want with its existence?
2. What does Lindsay tell Nora that he would deny if she repeated?
3. Why isn't intelligence a survival trait?
4. How has Spider Rose's pet helped her overcome issues?
5. What does Nikolai do in order to upset the Mechanist?
6. Why do the factions only get twelve hours?
7. What is unique about "Fuzzy"?
8. Why does Lindsay feel secure in his incognito clothes?
9. What does Dr. Afriel say about humanity?
10. Who had been the previous occupant of the ship and what had happened to it?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Investors and the unity that formed against them. How is this unity rallied and agreed upon? What is the catalyst, and how is this evident to the reader? What would be required for the Investors to become the primary political force? Would this occur? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Dr. Afriel's desire to exploit the Swarm for the benefit of his faction. Is this behavior any different from what people try to do in general? How or why not? Cite examples from human history to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Lindsay's relationships throughout the novel. What is interesting to note about each of them? What relationship lasts the longest, in the course of the novel and in years elapsed? Why do you think that is?
This section contains 1,568 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)