Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Justice 2 charging for ketamine?
2. What has Lindsay contracted?
3. What isn't one of the factions on Zaibatsu?
4. Who is the bride at the wedding that Lindsay attends?
5. What color is the medical jacket Lindsay dons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nikolai do in order to upset the Mechanist?
2. Why are habitats sacred?
3. What does Dr. Afriel say about humanity?
4. Why does Lindsay feel secure in his incognito clothes?
5. What is Constantine's pride and joy?
6. What interesting information does Lindsay find out about Wellspring?
7. Why won't Nora come with Lindsay?
8. Why is the name "Fuzzy" a private joke?
9. How is Wellspring dressed and why?
10. What does Ryumin attempt to convince Lindsay he should do?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Nora's commitment to the Mavride clan. How is this commitment different than anyone on Earth's commitment to their family? How is it similar? What are some of the drawbacks to this level of commitment?
Essay Topic 2
In essay form, discuss the following excerpt: "He wept quietly, holding nothing back. He mourned mankind, and the blindness of men, who thought that the Kosmos had rules and limits that would shelter them from their own freedom. There were no shelters. There were no final purposes. Futility and freedom, were Absolute." What does this quote mean to you?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Nora's betrayal of her gene line. How does it become clear that this is a regret of hers? What does she do in order to not have regrets further? How does this illustrate Nora's true emotional ties? Defend your argument utilizing quotes from the book.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)