|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the child want to go?
2. What kind of tattoo does Lindsay want?
3. What is Lindsay's single right?
4. Whose limitless ambition drives Lindsay?
5. What is cheap among Shapers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are habitats sacred?
2. What is the point of Carnaval and why do the pirates want the Shapers to join in?
3. How does Vera come between Constantine and Lindsay? Why does she do this?
4. What does the camera want to know from Lindsay once he hasd woken up?
5. Who is Evan Kelland to Lindsay?
6. How is the right to death on Zaibatsu claimed, and how else might Lindsay be terminated?
7. Why does Lindsay feel secure in his incognito clothes?
8. What do the surgeons do to Kitsune?
9. What kinds of things does Kitsune never tell Lindsay?
10. What is the Geisha Bank?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the form of currency in the Schismatrix. Why is this form of currency efficient? How is it a trading currency? What are some of the logical issues behind a currency based on energy? Would it be easy to gain a stranglehold on such a market? How or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Investors and the unity that formed against them. How is this unity rallied and agreed upon? What is the catalyst, and how is this evident to the reader? What would be required for the Investors to become the primary political force? Would this occur? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Dr. Mirny's interpretation of the Swarm. How does she see them? Is this analysis accurate? Suggest reasons why the intelligent caste of the swarm takes over what was once its best ally. Is this a sound and logical move or one made out of emotion? Justify your answer.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)