|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is cheap among Shapers?
2. To what position has Lindsay risen?
3. Why are ReShapers the final outcome of Shapers?
4. Who tells Lindsay to get into the decontamination suit?
5. As what is this seen by the aliens?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the locals view marriage to Carnassus?
2. What makes it clear that the Investors hadn't intended to trade their pet?
3. What does Dr. Afriel say about humanity?
4. What news hits Constantine hard?
5. What is so special about the discreets?
6. Why isn't intelligence a survival trait?
7. What is rumored about the people beyond the Wall?
8. How does Vera come between Constantine and Lindsay? Why does she do this?
9. Why does it take courage for Lindsay to approach the Nephrine Black Medicals?
10. Why do the Cicadas need to bathe but Lindsay does not?
Essay Topic 1
In essay form, discuss the following excerpt: "He wept quietly, holding nothing back. He mourned mankind, and the blindness of men, who thought that the Kosmos had rules and limits that would shelter them from their own freedom. There were no shelters. There were no final purposes. Futility and freedom, were Absolute." What does this quote mean to you?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Investors attachment to their "pet." How does this go against the knowledge previously offered about the Investors? What does this suggest about their social system? How does this make them more human-like?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Nora's commitment to the Mavride clan. How is this commitment different than anyone on Earth's commitment to their family? How is it similar? What are some of the drawbacks to this level of commitment?
This section contains 1,617 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)