|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Lindsay contracted?
2. Who meets Lindsay when he lands?
3. What is going to ruin Lindsay?
4. Why is it recommended that Lindsay breathe shallowly?
5. Why is language not necessary for the tape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Alien's arrival signal the start of peace between the Mechanists and Shapers?
2. How does Vera come between Constantine and Lindsay? Why does she do this?
3. What do the surgeons do to Kitsune?
4. Why are habitats sacred?
5. Why are the pirates jealous of the Shapers?
6. What kinds of things does Kitsune never tell Lindsay?
7. Why is Lindsay hesitant to get a rejuvenation?
8. What does the drogue do to Lindsay?
9. What does Lindsay tell Nora that he would deny if she repeated?
10. What is Constantine's pride and joy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Nora's betrayal of her gene line. How does it become clear that this is a regret of hers? What does she do in order to not have regrets further? How does this illustrate Nora's true emotional ties? Defend your argument utilizing quotes from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Investors and the unity that formed against them. How is this unity rallied and agreed upon? What is the catalyst, and how is this evident to the reader? What would be required for the Investors to become the primary political force? Would this occur? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the feuds against the Shapers. What characteristics make them so disliked? Who, specifically, doesn't like them and why? Do these presumed traits by enemies of the Shapers have merit? Why or why not?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)