|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What isn't one of the factions on Zaibatsu?
2. As what does Ryumin tell Lindsay to think of him?
3. What do the Mechanists desire?
4. What won't talk to him if he takes drugs?
5. What is Zaibatsu's most numerous faction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the surgeons do to Kitsune?
2. How does Vera come between Constantine and Lindsay? Why does she do this?
3. What does Alexandrina view as very sad?
4. What kinds of things does Kitsune never tell Lindsay?
5. What does the camera want to know from Lindsay once he hasd woken up?
6. Why are the pirates jealous of the Shapers?
7. What does Lindsay tell Nora that he would deny if she repeated?
8. Why won't Nora come with Lindsay?
9. What had the Investor queen done that was so bad?
10. What does Greta suggest when they arrive back at her suite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Investors attachment to their "pet." How does this go against the knowledge previously offered about the Investors? What does this suggest about their social system? How does this make them more human-like?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the political system of the Schismatrix. How is this system in a state of constant flux? What does an individual have to do in order to maintain control? Who or what controls the system throughout most of the book? How is this evident?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Lindsay's initial lack of desire for going in for treatment for aging. What is he afraid to lose? Do these fears have merit? Why or why not? What could Lindsay stand to gain?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)