|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lindsay's new name?
2. As what is this seen by the aliens?
3. What is not a native emotion to the Investors?
4. Who is the first death?
5. Who's head is in the tank?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Geisha Bank?
2. What does Ryumin attempt to convince Lindsay he should do?
3. Why are habitats sacred?
4. How does the Fortuna Miner's Democracy react to the contents of Lindsay's bag?
5. What does the drogue do to Lindsay?
6. How does Vera come between Constantine and Lindsay? Why does she do this?
7. How do the locals view marriage to Carnassus?
8. Why does the Alien's arrival signal the start of peace between the Mechanists and Shapers?
9. Why does Lindsay feel secure in his incognito clothes?
10. What are the three things the President makes sure that Lindsay understands?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lindsay's initial lack of desire for going in for treatment for aging. What is he afraid to lose? Do these fears have merit? Why or why not? What could Lindsay stand to gain?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Lindsay's relationships throughout the novel. What is interesting to note about each of them? What relationship lasts the longest, in the course of the novel and in years elapsed? Why do you think that is?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the political system of the Schismatrix. How is this system in a state of constant flux? What does an individual have to do in order to maintain control? Who or what controls the system throughout most of the book? How is this evident?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)