|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the bag?
2. What is not a native emotion to the Investors?
3. Who does Lindsay meet when he's taken under arrest?
4. What has come out between Lindsay and Nora?
5. What does the President ask to be done with it?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the right to death on Zaibatsu claimed, and how else might Lindsay be terminated?
2. What news hits Constantine hard?
3. Why are habitats sacred?
4. Why does the Alien's arrival signal the start of peace between the Mechanists and Shapers?
5. What do the surgeons do to Kitsune?
6. How does Vera come between Constantine and Lindsay? Why does she do this?
7. Who is Evan Kelland to Lindsay?
8. What is the Geisha Bank?
9. What is Wells' main issue with the aliens?
10. What initially causes Lindsay not to trust the woman who is going to do his rejuvenation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lindsay's parting gift to Kitsune. How is this gift more than a little morbid and psychopathic? How could it backfire on Lindsay? What is the problem with giving a being that is hungry for power more and more of it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the political system on Dembowska. How is it easily misinterpreted by outsiders? Are they totally wrong in their assumptions? Why or why not? Explain whether or not this political system has an advantage over political systems on Earth.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Nora's betrayal of her gene line. How does it become clear that this is a regret of hers? What does she do in order to not have regrets further? How does this illustrate Nora's true emotional ties? Defend your argument utilizing quotes from the book.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)