Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Justice 2 charging for ketamine?
2. What has Lindsay contracted?
3. What isn't one of the factions on Zaibatsu?
4. Who is the bride at the wedding that Lindsay attends?
5. What color is the medical jacket Lindsay dons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nikolai do in order to upset the Mechanist?
2. Why are habitats sacred?
3. What does Dr. Afriel say about humanity?
4. Why does Lindsay feel secure in his incognito clothes?
5. What is Constantine's pride and joy?
6. What interesting information does Lindsay find out about Wellspring?
7. Why won't Nora come with Lindsay?
8. Why is the name "Fuzzy" a private joke?
9. How is Wellspring dressed and why?
10. What does Ryumin attempt to convince Lindsay he should do?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Investors attachment to their "pet." How does this go against the knowledge previously offered about the Investors? What does this suggest about their social system? How does this make them more human-like?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Investors and the unity that formed against them. How is this unity rallied and agreed upon? What is the catalyst, and how is this evident to the reader? What would be required for the Investors to become the primary political force? Would this occur? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The social hierarchy of the Investors is interesting to examine, especially considering their lack of emotions. Describe and explain their social hierarchy and how the Investor society is established, and compare it to human society. What major differences, aside from the ability of interstellar travel, do both species possess?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)