|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the world of humanity to Kitsune?
2. Whose idea are the concession stands?
3. Whose grace and beauty wound Lindsay?
4. What do Lindsay and Nora have?
5. What is there good about a dead person?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Constantine's pride and joy?
2. Why is Lindsay thrilled when the tape mimics an Investor?
3. How does Vera come between Constantine and Lindsay? Why does she do this?
4. What is Zen Sarotonin?
5. How do the locals view marriage to Carnassus?
6. Why does Lindsay feel secure in his incognito clothes?
7. What news hits Constantine hard?
8. Why won't Nora come with Lindsay?
9. Why does the Alien's arrival signal the start of peace between the Mechanists and Shapers?
10. What had the Investor queen done that was so bad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Investors and the unity that formed against them. How is this unity rallied and agreed upon? What is the catalyst, and how is this evident to the reader? What would be required for the Investors to become the primary political force? Would this occur? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The social hierarchy of the Investors is interesting to examine, especially considering their lack of emotions. Describe and explain their social hierarchy and how the Investor society is established, and compare it to human society. What major differences, aside from the ability of interstellar travel, do both species possess?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Nora's betrayal of her gene line. How does it become clear that this is a regret of hers? What does she do in order to not have regrets further? How does this illustrate Nora's true emotional ties? Defend your argument utilizing quotes from the book.
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)