|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Justice 2 charging for ketamine?
2. Who tells Lindsay to get into the decontamination suit?
3. What is the audience delighted by?
4. What color is the medical jacket Lindsay dons?
5. What has finally arrived?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't Nora come with Lindsay?
2. Who is Evan Kelland to Lindsay?
3. Why is Lindsay thrilled when the tape mimics an Investor?
4. What does the drogue do to Lindsay?
5. How does Vera come between Constantine and Lindsay? Why does she do this?
6. What do the surgeons do to Kitsune?
7. What had the Investor queen done that was so bad?
8. What does Ryumin attempt to convince Lindsay he should do?
9. Why is Lindsay so freaked out about fire?
10. How do the locals view marriage to Carnassus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The social hierarchy of the Investors is interesting to examine, especially considering their lack of emotions. Describe and explain their social hierarchy and how the Investor society is established, and compare it to human society. What major differences, aside from the ability of interstellar travel, do both species possess?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Investors and the unity that formed against them. How is this unity rallied and agreed upon? What is the catalyst, and how is this evident to the reader? What would be required for the Investors to become the primary political force? Would this occur? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Lindsay changes his identity numerous times. What are some of the similarities in each of his characters? What are some of the main differences? How do these characters impact his personality? Explain your answer thoroughly.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)