|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lindsay leave behind?
(a) His ideals.
(b) All of these.
(c) The rat.
(d) His integrity.
2. How do the gasbags communicate?
(a) Winds and rains.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Unstable states of atmospheric dynamics.
3. What does Nikolai eventually own?
(a) Czarina Kluster.
(b) Kiotyd Kluster.
(c) Karotid Kluster.
(d) Kyotid Zaibatsu .
4. What does she hope when she has eaten her pets' undecayed flesh?
(a) That she will survive.
(b) All of these.
(c) That she will become the pet.
(d) That it has been poisoned and will kill her.
5. What do the Terrans want?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dr. Afriel staked his career upon?
2. Why do Lindsay and Vera's hearts leap?
3. Who is Landau's closest friend?
4. What body part does Nikolai replace?
5. At whose home is Landau's celebration from the release of the dogs held?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Mirny tell Dr. Afriel about the Swarm and what he can hope to gain from them?
2. Who had been the previous occupant of the ship and what had happened to it?
3. How is the killing of the people originally justified?
4. How does Nikolai come to find the central question of the universe? What is the central question?
5. Why does Nikolai retire and commit suicide?
6. What does the Presence reveal itself to be and what does it want with its existence?
7. Why do the factions only get twelve hours?
8. Why is winter the season for pruning the sunken gardens?
9. How is Wellspring dressed and why?
10. Why do the Cicadas need to bathe but Lindsay does not?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)