|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What won't come to Lindsay?
(a) None of these.
2. To whom is T-K crucial?
(c) Both of these.
(d) Neither of these.
3. What is the name of the Investor pet?
(a) "Little Nose for Profits."
(c) It is untranslatable.
4. What shrinks to the arena far below?
(a) The world's sins.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) The world's sadness.
(d) Both of these.
5. What is it thought that Wellspring engineered?
(a) The disappearance of Abelard Lindsay.
(b) The death of the Comptroller.
(c) The crash of '41.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the signal?
2. What isn't an alteration to the Captain-Doctor's body?
3. Why doesn't Lindsay join them?
4. How many years do the Investors think it will take humans to buy the secret of their starflight?
5. What is the prize for the war of the Sunken Gardens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nikolai retire and commit suicide?
2. Who had been the previous occupant of the ship and what had happened to it?
3. What does Dr. Mirny tell Dr. Afriel about the Swarm and what he can hope to gain from them?
4. How does Nikolai come to find the central question of the universe? What is the central question?
5. Why is the Queen's departure the death knell for CK?
6. What does Dr. Afriel say about humanity?
7. How is Wellspring dressed and why?
8. Why isn't intelligence a survival trait?
9. What is so special about the discreets?
10. For what reason does the Mechanist woman propose marriage?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)