|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is always around to pick up the pieces?
(a) The Shapers.
(c) The Investors.
(d) The Mechanists.
2. What is the only native animal life in the orbiting Mechanist colonies?
3. What does Lindsay leave behind?
(a) All of these.
(b) His integrity.
(c) The rat.
(d) His ideals.
4. What does she hope when she has eaten her pets' undecayed flesh?
(a) That she will become the pet.
(b) All of these.
(c) That she will survive.
(d) That it has been poisoned and will kill her.
5. What is considered Paradise?
(a) Untouched and unaltered ecosystems.
(b) All of these.
(c) A world where everyone gets along.
(d) A world where Superbrights rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many eyes does Rose have?
2. What does the symbiote do?
3. What is inside the synthetic gem?
4. What does the pet become?
5. Who does Nikolai love as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Landau been waiting for, and why did he have to wait?
2. Why is the Queen's departure the death knell for CK?
3. Why do the Cicadas need to bathe but Lindsay does not?
4. What makes it clear that the Investors hadn't intended to trade their pet?
5. Why do the factions only get twelve hours?
6. What does the Presence reveal itself to be and what does it want with its existence?
7. What does Dr. Afriel say about humanity?
8. What does Dr. Mirny tell Dr. Afriel about the Swarm and what he can hope to gain from them?
9. What is so special about the discreets?
10. What does Nikolai do in order to upset the Mechanist?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)