|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had killed Nikolai's wife?
(a) None of these.
(b) Captain-Doctor Abelard Gomez.
(c) Captain-Doctor Martin Leng.
(d) Captain-Doctor Abelard Mavrides.
2. What are Nikolai's last words?
(a) Freedom is Futile.
(b) Ignorance is Bliss.
(c) Futility is Freedom.
(d) There is bliss in ignorance.
3. Who is always around to pick up the pieces?
(a) The Investors.
(b) The Shapers.
(d) The Mechanists.
4. What is the signal?
(a) A meteor of ice.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A meteor.
(d) None of these.
5. What isn't an alteration to the Captain-Doctor's body?
(a) The structure of his heart has been designed for greater productivity.
(b) His hormonal balance has been altered for longer periods in free fall.
(c) His lungs have been enlarged.
(d) His appendix has been removed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Landau find Wellspring?
2. Who or what do Nikolai and his friend Alex mimic?
3. What does the symbiote do?
4. What does Lindsay do to break the rules?
5. What is it thought that Wellspring engineered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Afriel's mission?
2. What has Landau been waiting for, and why did he have to wait?
3. What does the Presence reveal itself to be and what does it want with its existence?
4. Why do the Cicadas need to bathe but Lindsay does not?
5. Why do the factions only get twelve hours?
6. What is Lindsay convinced about, regardless of what Vera says, in terms of the rat?
7. What does Nikolai do in order to upset the Mechanist?
8. Why is winter the season for pruning the sunken gardens?
9. Why is the Queen's departure the death knell for CK?
10. Who had been the previous occupant of the ship and what had happened to it?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)