|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is always around to pick up the pieces?
(a) The Mechanists.
(b) The Shapers.
(d) The Investors.
2. What will be the only enemies on Europa?
(a) The years.
(c) The Shapers.
(d) The Mechanists.
3. To whom is T-K crucial?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
4. What does Nikolai do when he meets his wife's clone?
(b) Has a heart attack.
(c) None of these.
(d) Goes into shock.
5. What is under the ibis feathers?
(b) Mechanisms designed to keep the body going.
(c) Human muscle.
(d) Bird tissue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had killed Nikolai's wife?
2. What does Nikolai begin to resent?
3. What do the people eradicate from Lindsay's memory?
4. What does Lindsay say about Mars?
5. Who has made no attempt to contact the local primitives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Pongpianskul attempted to do, and failed?
2. How does Nikolai come to find the central question of the universe? What is the central question?
3. What does the book refer to in Chapter Nine regarding the strain on humanity?
4. What is so special about the discreets?
5. How is the killing of the people originally justified?
6. What interesting information does Lindsay find out about Wellspring?
7. What does Nikolai do in order to upset the Mechanist?
8. Why does Nikolai retire and commit suicide?
9. How does Mirasol view the orbiting city? Why does she feel this way?
10. How has Spider Rose's pet helped her overcome issues?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)