|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it thought that Wellspring engineered?
(a) The crash of '41.
(b) The death of the Comptroller.
(c) All of these.
(d) The disappearance of Abelard Lindsay.
2. How fast are the surface winds?
(a) One hundred miles an hour.
(b) Three hundred miles an hour.
(c) Two hundred miles an hour.
(d) Fifty miles an hour.
3. What is the first thing the immortal rat does following its release?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Jumps out and bites Lindsay.
(c) Cowers and shakes.
(d) Neither of these.
4. What upgrade does this give him?
(a) A biofeedback monitor.
(b) All of these.
(c) A television screen.
(d) A clock.
5. How long does this new caste member live?
(a) A thousand years.
(b) None of these.
(c) Two hundred years.
(d) Five hundred years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Terrans want?
2. Whose voice does Dr. Afriel hear?
3. What patent is Navarre attempting to push forward?
4. What does Lindsay say about Mars?
5. What unnerves the Cicadas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mirasol view the orbiting city? Why does she feel this way?
2. Why isn't intelligence a survival trait?
3. Why does Nikolai retire and commit suicide?
4. Why do the Cicadas need to bathe but Lindsay does not?
5. How has Spider Rose's pet helped her overcome issues?
6. For what reason does the Mechanist woman propose marriage?
7. What does Dr. Mirny tell Dr. Afriel about the Swarm and what he can hope to gain from them?
8. What does the Presence reveal itself to be and what does it want with its existence?
9. How is the killing of the people originally justified?
10. How does Nikolai come to find the central question of the universe? What is the central question?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)