|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nikolai's wife understand his emotions better than anyone else?
(a) She has actually gotten to know him and his emotions.
(b) She has cameras on him at all times.
(c) She is an empathetic woman.
(d) Infrared scanners that pick up on the blood flow in his face.
2. What does Mirasol have to think of?
(a) Her morality.
(b) The natives.
(c) Her faction.
(d) None of these.
3. What has Dr. Afriel staked his career upon?
(a) Both of these.
(b) That he can clone an antidote to symbiote bites.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) That the pheromones in his leg will work.
4. What is lying atop the gems?
(a) The Queen.
(c) None of these.
5. What is under the ibis feathers?
(a) Mechanisms designed to keep the body going.
(b) Human muscle.
(d) Bird tissue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What patent is Navarre attempting to push forward?
2. What is the only native animal life in the orbiting Mechanist colonies?
3. Why are those people killed?
4. What is inside the synthetic gem?
5. What is the signal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the killing of the people originally justified?
2. For what reason does the Mechanist woman propose marriage?
3. Why do the Cicadas need to bathe but Lindsay does not?
4. What makes it clear that the Investors hadn't intended to trade their pet?
5. How does Mirasol view the orbiting city? Why does she feel this way?
6. What is unique about "Fuzzy"?
7. What is Lindsay convinced about, regardless of what Vera says, in terms of the rat?
8. What interesting information does Lindsay find out about Wellspring?
9. Why do the factions only get twelve hours?
10. Who had been the previous occupant of the ship and what had happened to it?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)