|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is the Froth famous?
(a) Welcome spontaneity.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
2. What is the name of the Investor pet?
(b) It is untranslatable.
(c) "Little Nose for Profits."
3. Who does Nikolai meet in ECLECTIC EPILEPTIC?
(a) Simon Afriel.
(b) Spider Rose.
(c) Abelard Gomez.
(d) Abelard Lindsay.
4. What shows up at Landau's door?
(a) A guard dog.
(b) One of the Queen's dogs.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
5. What can Lindsay not help but do after Gomez leaves?
6. What does Lindsay do to break the rules?
(a) Defecates in public.
(b) Strips nude.
(c) Defames the Investors.
(d) Talks loudly.
7. What does Afriel wish to convey to the symbiote?
(a) The humility under which he wishes to study the Swarm.
(b) All of these.
(c) The harmlessness of his endeavor.
(d) His best personal wishes.
8. What will be the only enemies on Europa?
(a) The years.
(b) The Shapers.
(d) The Mechanists.
9. What does she hope when she has eaten her pets' undecayed flesh?
(a) That she will survive.
(b) That she will become the pet.
(c) That it has been poisoned and will kill her.
(d) All of these.
10. What is it thought that Wellspring engineered?
(a) The death of the Comptroller.
(b) The crash of '41.
(c) All of these.
(d) The disappearance of Abelard Lindsay.
11. What is the new caste's specialty?
(a) All of these.
12. What does she have that the Investors want?
(a) A jewel the size of a bus.
(b) None of these.
(c) A planet-jewel.
(d) A new technology.
13. What isn't offered to Rose for her prize?
(c) Stabilized plasma lattice for storage.
(d) A quarter of a million gigawatts.
14. What is Pongpianskul trying to do?
(a) Crossbreed a new kind of apple.
(b) Recreate Nora for Lindsay.
(c) Take everything off of computers and put it into books.
(d) Record all the information they are learning into the computer.
15. Who is always around to pick up the pieces?
(a) The Investors.
(c) The Mechanists.
(d) The Shapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What won't come to Lindsay?
2. What does Afriel apply to impress the Swarm?
3. What has Dr. Afriel staked his career upon?
4. As what is Afriel supposed to address the doctor when he has been brought to her?
5. How many years do the Investors think it will take humans to buy the secret of their starflight?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)