|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, the narrator remarks that only Schindler, Madritsch, and Titsch regularly spent money on this commodity. What is it?
(a) Soup for the factory workers.
(b) Extra uniforms.
(c) Extra shoes.
(d) Extra bread.
2. By midsummer of 1940, how many people were employed at Schindler's Emalia plant?
3. In Chapter 13, Richard the barman and his girlfriend visit Henry Rosner in the Jewish ghetto. What does she hide beneath her cape, and smuggle out of the ghetto when she leaves?
(a) A young Jewish boy named Olek Rosner.
(b) Photographs of the last Aktion for the British newspapers.
(c) Passport photos to be attached to fake German documents.
(d) Letters to Jewish relatives in other countries.
4. In the Prologue, what does Bosch ask Schindler for, to benefit one of Bosch's relatives?
5. What was the Christmas gift that Schindler bought for his secretary Klonowska in Chapter 8?
(a) A weiner dog.
(b) A poodle.
(c) A Persian cat.
(d) A lovebird.
6. On April 29, 1942, where does Oskar Schindler go?
(a) Back to the Pomorska jail.
(b) Into a Jewish synagogue.
(c) Into the Jewish Ghetto.
(d) To Montelupich prison.
7. Who is the oldest person at the dinner party described in the Prologue?
(a) Amon Goeth.
(b) Oskar Schindler.
(c) Franz Bosch.
(d) Raimund Titsch.
8. Poldek Pfefferberg changes his profession from schoolteacher to what, in order to begin working for Schindler?
(c) Machine operator.
(d) Metal polisher.
9. What is the name of Schindler's wife?
10. The street on which Oskar Schindler's apartment was located ended at. . .
(a) SS headquarters.
(b) Wawel Castle.
(c) The German consulate.
(d) The American embassy.
11. Oskar Schindler dreamed of growing up to become. . .
(a) A motorcycle racer.
(b) A stunt pilot.
(c) A Formula One mechanic.
(d) A racecar driver.
12. What was the amount of the bribe that Marek Biberstein was going to pay to allow 10,000 Cracow Jews to remain in their homes?
(a) 100,000 euros.
(b) 200,000 zloty.
(c) 50,000 dollars.
(d) 100,000 zloty.
13. Julius Madritsch envisioned opening a factory in Podgorze. What did he plan to manufacture there?
14. In the Prologue, a prisoner is also on his way to the Commandant's villa. Who is that prisoner?
(a) Helen Hirsch.
(b) Polek Pfefferberg.
(c) The chauffeur.
(d) Ivan the Ukranian.
15. How does Poldek Pfefferberg get the Blauschein on his identity card?
(a) By pretending he doesn't speak any German.
(b) By sweet-talking the female clerk.
(c) By pretending he's from the Judenrat.
(d) By saying he's a metal polisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the December 4th Aktion, Itzhak Stern decides that Oskar Schindler is:
2. According to Keneally, Hitler switched from shooting Jews to gassing them after what event?
3. What was the "solution" Hitler came up with for getting rid of the Jews?
4. In Chapter 7, Itzhak Stern visits Schindler to tell him that a family was spreading stories about Schindler. How does Keneally refer to this family?
5. What gift does Schindler give Helen Hirsch?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)