|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, a prisoner is also on his way to the Commandant's villa. Who is that prisoner?
(a) Helen Hirsch.
(b) The chauffeur.
(c) Polek Pfefferberg.
(d) Ivan the Ukranian.
2. According to Keneally, Hitler switched from shooting Jews to gassing them after what event?
(a) After Leni Riefenstahl had complained about witnessing the execution of a line of Jews with automatic weapons.
(b) After witnesses from the United Nations heard about the killing from the sounds of gunfire.
(c) After three Jews had survived an attempted killing and successfully escaped the city.
(d) After two SS guards were accidentally wounded from ricocheting rounds.
3. What was the Christmas gift that Schindler bought for his secretary Klonowska in Chapter 8?
(a) A weiner dog.
(b) A Persian cat.
(c) A lovebird.
(d) A poodle.
4. Rolf Czurda tells Oskar the reason the Jews have no future. What is that reason?
(a) It's ethnic cleansing.
(b) It's policy.
(c) It's them or us.
(d) It's a written mandate.
5. What was the "solution" Hitler came up with for getting rid of the Jews?
(a) Sodium Hydroxide.
(b) Chromium B.
(c) Hydrogen Peroxide.
(d) Zyklon B.
6. After Oskar's birthday party in 1942, what happens?
(a) His workers have to hide from the SS troops.
(b) He is arrested for the second time.
(c) He gives everyone at Emalia the rest of the day off.
(d) He gets drunk and talks to a Jew.
7. When the Gestapo officers arrived at his factory, what did Schindler give to Klonowska?
(a) Some papers to be destroyed.
(b) A list of people to be approached for help.
(c) His wife's jewelry to put into hiding.
(d) A list of Jews who worked at his factory.
8. By midsummer of 1940, how many people were employed at Schindler's Emalia plant?
9. Poldek Pfefferberg changes his profession from schoolteacher to what, in order to begin working for Schindler?
(b) Machine operator.
(d) Metal polisher.
10. Oskar Schindler dreamed of growing up to become. . .
(a) A racecar driver.
(b) A motorcycle racer.
(c) A stunt pilot.
(d) A Formula One mechanic.
11. How does Dr. H help the bedridden patients avoid the SS Aktion?
(a) By drawing the soldiers away from the abandoned hospital.
(b) By covering them with sheets and saying they're dead.
(c) By hiding them.
(d) By giving them cyanide.
12. What happened to the Jews at prayer in the Stara Boznica synagogue when the Einsatzgruppe squad arrived?
(a) They were all shot.
(b) They were herded into cattle cars and taken to a concentration camp.
(c) Those who allowed their prayer locks to be cut off were freed; the rest were shot dead.
(d) The Jews who would not spit on the Torah were shot, and those who would spit on it were let go.
13. During which war does the action in this novel take place?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
14. How did Poldek Pfefferberg escape the OD?
(a) By feigning a back injury.
(b) By pretending he had flat feet.
(c) By throwing up on his boss.
(d) By saying that his mother was dying.
15. In Chapter 11, where was Schindler taken?
(a) To the Jewish ghetto.
(b) The SS complex in Cracow.
(c) Montelupich prison.
(d) To his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease did Schindler find the Jewish women fending off in the ghetto by scrubbing and boiling clothes?
2. What gift does Herr Schindler bring with him to dinner in the Prologue?
3. Where did the Poles believe would be a good place to send the Jews?
4. What reason does Schindler give Goeth for continuing his enamelware operations without change?
5. In Chapter 4, Schindler tries to warn Itzhak Stern about. . .
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)