Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen stay in Chapter 48?
2. In Chapter 38, what leads the president of the bank to make a fuss over Scarlett?
3. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
4. What does Scarlett give to Colum in Chapter 57?
5. Who does Scarlett receive a letter from in Chapter 38?
Essay Topic 1
Scarlett takes place soon after the end of the American Civil War. How has the war affected the different characters of the novel? How has Scarlett's life been affected by the war? How has Tara changed? What are some examples of rehabilitation taking place?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the O'Haras involvement with the Fenian Brotherhood. What is the Fenian Brotherhood? To what extent is Colum involved with this organization? How does his involvement affect Scarlett?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Scarlett's relationship with her children. Who are her children and how does she treat them? How do they treat her? What does the reader know about her children's upbringing? In your opinion, is Scarlett a good mother? Why or why not?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)