|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Colum and Scarlett come across on their way to their destination in Chapter 49?
2. What does the letter that Scarlett receives in Chapter 54 indicate?
3. What is Scarlett upset by during the fair in Chapter 52?
4. Who does Scarlett ask to be the godmother of her baby?
5. What is the weather like when Scarlett goes into labor?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Scarlett". Who are the members of Scarlett's family? Who are the members of Rhett's family? How important is family to Scarlett? What obstacles does Scarlett face because of her family?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Scarlett's epiphany in section 5. What does Scarlett come to realize when she hears that Rhett has remarried? How does this information change her? How does it change her behavior towards Rhett?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Scarlett's growth as a character. How does she grow throughout the novel? How was she able to do this? How does it change her relationship with Rhett?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)