|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen stay in Chapter 48?
2. In Chapter 38, what leads the president of the bank to make a fuss over Scarlett?
3. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
4. What does Scarlett give to Colum in Chapter 57?
5. Who does Scarlett receive a letter from in Chapter 38?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author of the novel "Scarlett", Alexandria Ripley. What other books has she written? Why was she chosen to write the sequel to the immensely popular "Gone with the Wind"? How was her work received by critics?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Scarlett". Who are the members of Scarlett's family? Who are the members of Rhett's family? How important is family to Scarlett? What obstacles does Scarlett face because of her family?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of money in the novel "Scarlett". How important is money to Scarlett? How does she use money to get what she wants? Does money ever cause problems for Scarlett?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)