|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Fitzpatrick?
2. Why does Scarlett give Colum her winnings from the card game in Chapter 47?
3. Why does the midwife tell Colum to stay in Chapter 62?
4. What must Scarlett do to receive her grandfather's fortune?
5. What color do Scarlett's baby's eyes turn in Chapter 64?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes a stir in Chapter 58?
2. In Chapter 54, what has Scarlett's pregnancy led her to believe?
3. In Chapter 65, what plans does Scarlett make for the future?
4. How does Scarlett relate to the workers at Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
5. What does Scarlett find out when she goes to the store run by her uncles, James and Andrew?
6. What do the locals do when they see Scarlett out with her baby? Why does Scarlett think they do this?
7. What happens when Scarlett and Colum visit a fair in Chapter 52, and how does Scarlett feel about the event?
8. What does Kathleen tell Scarlett when she goes for a visit in Chapter 61?
9. Why does Maureen laugh about Scarlett's grandfather ruining his birthday dinner?
10. What do Maureen and Scarlett share stories about in Chapter 43?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the genre of the novel "Scarlett"? What are some examples of other works of this genre? What are the characteristics of this genre? What are some examples of these characteristics in "Scarlett"?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of reputation in the novel "Scarlett". Why is one's reputation so important during this time period and place? What connection can be made between the importance of one's reputation and Scarlett's social class? What are some examples of times when Scarlett's reputation is in jeopardy? How does Rhett save the day?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the O'Haras involvement with the Fenian Brotherhood. What is the Fenian Brotherhood? To what extent is Colum involved with this organization? How does his involvement affect Scarlett?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)