Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen stay in Chapter 48?
2. In Chapter 38, what leads the president of the bank to make a fuss over Scarlett?
3. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
4. What does Scarlett give to Colum in Chapter 57?
5. Who does Scarlett receive a letter from in Chapter 38?
Discuss Scarlett's relationship with her children. Who are her children and how does she treat them? How do they treat her? What does the reader know about her children's upbringing? In your opinion, is Scarlett a good mother? Why or why not?
Discuss the importance of reputation in the novel "Scarlett". Why is one's reputation so important during this time period and place? What connection can be made between the importance of one's reputation and Scarlett's social class? What are some examples of times when Scarlett's reputation is in jeopardy? How does Rhett save the day?
Analyze Scarlett's epiphany in section 5. What does Scarlett come to realize when she hears that Rhett has remarried? How does this information change her? How does it change her behavior towards Rhett?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)