|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scarlett put on a train in Chapter 43?
2. What does the blacksmith at first refuse to do in Chapter 62?
3. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
4. How much does Scarlett win in the card game in Chapter 47?
5. What does everyone do at Daniel's while Scarlett is out in Chapter 58?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character Scarlett. What are her defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does she face throughout the novel? What are her goals and motives?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Scarlett's epiphany in section 5. What does Scarlett come to realize when she hears that Rhett has remarried? How does this information change her? How does it change her behavior towards Rhett?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Scarlett's business mind. What are the businesses that Scarlett is involved with? How does she use her business sense to help others? Would it have been normal for a woman, particularly of her status, to be in business?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)