|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Scarlett and Colum visit in Chapter 52?
2. What story does the midwife go around telling in Chapter 63?
3. What does Colum think Ballyhara is a prime place for?
4. Why does Scarlett give Colum her winnings from the card game in Chapter 47?
5. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author of the novel "Scarlett", Alexandria Ripley. What other books has she written? Why was she chosen to write the sequel to the immensely popular "Gone with the Wind"? How was her work received by critics?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Scarlett". Who are the members of Scarlett's family? Who are the members of Rhett's family? How important is family to Scarlett? What obstacles does Scarlett face because of her family?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Scarlett's social class. What social class is Scarlett a part of? How does this affect her behavior? Who are some characters in the novel who are members of other social classes? How are they treated?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)