|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarlett upset by during the fair in Chapter 52?
2. What information about Maureen horrifies Scarlett in Chapter 40?
3. Where do Scarlett and Colum ride to in Chapter 53?
4. What color do Scarlett's baby's eyes turn in Chapter 64?
5. In Chapter 38, what leads the president of the bank to make a fuss over Scarlett?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author of the novel "Scarlett", Alexandria Ripley. What other books has she written? Why was she chosen to write the sequel to the immensely popular "Gone with the Wind"? How was her work received by critics?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the character Rhett Butler. What are his defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does he face throughout the novel? What does the reader learn about his background and family life? Is he a good father? Husband?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of reputation in the novel "Scarlett". Why is one's reputation so important during this time period and place? What connection can be made between the importance of one's reputation and Scarlett's social class? What are some examples of times when Scarlett's reputation is in jeopardy? How does Rhett save the day?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)