|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship which Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen take to Ireland?
2. What is the travelers' destination in Chapter 48?
3. What is the weather like when Scarlett goes into labor?
4. Who does Scarlett put on a train in Chapter 43?
5. Who are James and Andrew O'Hara?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Colum jump from the carriage in Chapter 49?
2. In Chapter 54, what has Scarlett's pregnancy led her to believe?
3. What causes Scarlett to faint in Chapter 55? How does Colum explain Scarlett's fainting to a young cousin?
4. What stories circulate about the baby Scarlett just gave birth to?
5. Why does the bank's president make a fuss over Scarlett in Chapter 38? What does Scarlett suspect about her grandfather after her bank visit?
6. What happens when Scarlett and Colum visit a fair in Chapter 52, and how does Scarlett feel about the event?
7. What makes Scarlett tear up in Chapter 35?
8. What do Maureen and Scarlett share stories about in Chapter 43?
9. What causes Scarlett to lose her joy of working on Ballyhara?
10. Why does Maureen laugh about Scarlett's grandfather ruining his birthday dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Scarlett". Who are the members of Scarlett's family? Who are the members of Rhett's family? How important is family to Scarlett? What obstacles does Scarlett face because of her family?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the love triangle between Scarlett, Rhett and Anne, as well as the love triangle between Scarlett, Rhett and Luke. How do Anne and Luke affect the relationship between Scarlett and Rhett? Do they ever pose a real threat to Scarlett's relationship with Rhett?
Essay Topic 3
What is the genre of the novel "Scarlett"? What are some examples of other works of this genre? What are the characteristics of this genre? What are some examples of these characteristics in "Scarlett"?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)