|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
2. What does Scarlett give the soldiers who arrive at her grandmother's house during a visit in Chapter 60?
3. Who does Scarlett learn has died in Chapter 34?
4. Whose demeanor is Scarlett pleased by in Chapter 50?
5. Who are James and Andrew O'Hara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett's grandfather offer her in Chapter 42, and under what conditions?
2. What do Maureen and Scarlett share stories about in Chapter 43?
3. What does Kathleen tell Scarlett when she goes for a visit in Chapter 61?
4. What happens when Scarlett and Colum visit a fair in Chapter 52, and how does Scarlett feel about the event?
5. What causes Scarlett to lose her joy of working on Ballyhara?
6. What do the locals do when they see Scarlett out with her baby? Why does Scarlett think they do this?
7. What causes a stir in Chapter 58?
8. What makes Scarlett tear up in Chapter 35?
9. In Chapter 54, what has Scarlett's pregnancy led her to believe?
10. What rule is there in Scarlett's grandfather's house during Lent? How does Scarlett get around the rule?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Scarlett's epiphany in section 5. What does Scarlett come to realize when she hears that Rhett has remarried? How does this information change her? How does it change her behavior towards Rhett?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of the novel "Scarlett", Alexandria Ripley. What other books has she written? Why was she chosen to write the sequel to the immensely popular "Gone with the Wind"? How was her work received by critics?
Essay Topic 3
What is the genre of the novel "Scarlett"? What are some examples of other works of this genre? What are the characteristics of this genre? What are some examples of these characteristics in "Scarlett"?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)