|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scarlett react to the realization she makes during her trip to Ireland?
2. What is Scarlett's dream for Ballyhara?
3. Who is homesick for Ireland in Chapter 44?
4. Why does the midwife tell Colum to stay in Chapter 62?
5. Why does Scarlett give Colum her winnings from the card game in Chapter 47?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Scarlett and Colum visit a fair in Chapter 52, and how does Scarlett feel about the event?
2. Why does Colum jump from the carriage in Chapter 49?
3. What causes a stir in Chapter 58?
4. How does Scarlett relate to the workers at Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
5. In Chapter 65, what plans does Scarlett make for the future?
6. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do about her relationship with Rhett in Chapter 44?
7. What do Maureen and Scarlett share stories about in Chapter 43?
8. What does Kathleen tell Scarlett when she goes for a visit in Chapter 61?
9. What causes Scarlett to faint in Chapter 55? How does Colum explain Scarlett's fainting to a young cousin?
10. What does Scarlett give to Colum when they arrive in Ireland?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character Rhett Butler. What are his defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does he face throughout the novel? What does the reader learn about his background and family life? Is he a good father? Husband?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the character Scarlett. What are her defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does she face throughout the novel? What are her goals and motives?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Scarlett's business mind. What are the businesses that Scarlett is involved with? How does she use her business sense to help others? Would it have been normal for a woman, particularly of her status, to be in business?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)