|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Emma notice about Anne Hampton in Chapter 12?
2. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
3. What does Scarlett know nothing about while at the market in Chapter 15?
4. What does Rhett agree to do with Scarlett in Chapter 29?
5. What does Joe Colleton tell Ashley is the reason for Scarlett's visit to the building site in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Scarlett set out to make the Earl of Fenton fall in love with her? Why does Luke want to marry Scarlett?
2. What does Scarlett give to Colum when they arrive in Ireland?
3. How does Rhett feel about Scarlett's presence in Charleston? Why does he say he won't ask her to leave?
4. How does Scarlett relate to the workers at Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
5. In Chapter 65, what plans does Scarlett make for the future?
6. For what reasons does Rhett tell Rosemary he must get away from Scarlett?
7. In Chapter 51, what does Scarlett hate about the guests at the party thrown in her honor?
8. In Chapter 14, how is the aloofness of the citizens of Charleston explained?
9. Where does Rhett tell Mrs. Cooper he will take Tommy? Where does he actually take Tommy?
10. Who greets Rhett, Scarlett and Rosemary at the plantation in Chapter 23?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Scarlett's growth as a character. How does she grow throughout the novel? How was she able to do this? How does it change her relationship with Rhett?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the love triangle between Scarlett, Rhett and Anne, as well as the love triangle between Scarlett, Rhett and Luke. How do Anne and Luke affect the relationship between Scarlett and Rhett? Do they ever pose a real threat to Scarlett's relationship with Rhett?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Scarlett's social class. What social class is Scarlett a part of? How does this affect her behavior? Who are some characters in the novel who are members of other social classes? How are they treated?
This section contains 1,496 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)