|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rhett in Chapter 16?
2. Who is dying at the end of Chapter 1?
3. Why does Scarlett agree to be Rosemary's chaperone in Chapter 22?
4. Who does the tiny grave belong to in Chapter 1?
5. What must Rhett help Scarlett do before she will agree to leave Charleston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Scarlett's response when Eleanor asks her if she wants another child?
2. In Chapter 14, how is the aloofness of the citizens of Charleston explained?
3. What does Scarlett think of Eleanor Butler? How does Scarlett end up staying with Eleanor?
4. What gives Scarlett an opportunity to contact her estranged husband, Rhett?
5. What does Scarlett arrange for India at her store in Chapter 6?
6. In Chapter 4, what does Scarlett ask Suellen not to gossip about to others?
7. What disgusts Scarlett about the plantation Rhett is running? What potential does Scarlett see at Rhett's phosphate mine?
8. Where does Scarlett ask Rhett to take her in Chapter 29? In Chapter 30, what trouble do Scarlett and Rhett get into?
9. What promises does Rhett make to Mammy before she dies? What does Rhett tell Scarlett after making his promises?
10. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different archetypes found in the novel "Scarlett". What are some different types of archetypes and which can be found in the novel? What type of heroine is Scarlett? What type of hero is Rhett?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Scarlett's growth as a character. How does she grow throughout the novel? How was she able to do this? How does it change her relationship with Rhett?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Scarlett's business mind. What are the businesses that Scarlett is involved with? How does she use her business sense to help others? Would it have been normal for a woman, particularly of her status, to be in business?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)