|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dying at the end of Chapter 1?
2. What does Rhett declare he will revive in Chapter 26?
3. What is Rhett growing on his plantation in Chapter 17?
4. What does Emma notice about Anne Hampton in Chapter 12?
5. What is Scarlett's impression of Eleanor Butler when she meets her for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
2. What causes Scarlett to leave Tara in Chapter 4? Why does she leave Pansy behind?
3. In Chapter 26, what does Scarlett agree to leave Charleston and Rhett in return for?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Scarlett ask Suellen not to gossip about to others?
5. What does Scarlett think of Eleanor Butler? How does Scarlett end up staying with Eleanor?
6. What does Rhett advise Scarlett to do if she wants to fit in in Charleston?
7. In Chapter 6, what makes Scarlett think Ashley's business is in trouble? What does she decide to do to help him?
8. For what reasons does Rhett tell Rosemary he must get away from Scarlett?
9. Who is missing from the party that greets Scarlett at Tara?
10. What promises does Rhett make to Mammy before she dies? What does Rhett tell Scarlett after making his promises?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character Scarlett. What are her defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does she face throughout the novel? What are her goals and motives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Scarlett". Who are the members of Scarlett's family? Who are the members of Rhett's family? How important is family to Scarlett? What obstacles does Scarlett face because of her family?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Scarlett's epiphany in section 5. What does Scarlett come to realize when she hears that Rhett has remarried? How does this information change her? How does it change her behavior towards Rhett?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)