|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an angry group of workers gather outside of Rhett's plantation in Chapter 23?
2. Where does Rhett take Tommy Cooper in Chapter 18?
3. What does Scarlett learn while visiting Henry Hamilton's office in Chapter 5?
4. What must Rhett help Scarlett do before she will agree to leave Charleston?
5. Why does Rhett call Scarlett a barbarian in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Scarlett's response when Eleanor asks her if she wants another child?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Scarlett ask Suellen not to gossip about to others?
3. In Chapter 18, what does Rhett offer Scarlett to get her to leave Charleston? When does Scarlett agree to leave?
4. What prevents Scarlett from visiting her children at Christmas? What does she decide to do instead?
5. What does Scarlett arrange for India at her store in Chapter 6?
6. Where does Scarlett ask Rhett to take her in Chapter 29? In Chapter 30, what trouble do Scarlett and Rhett get into?
7. What does Scarlett think of Eleanor Butler? How does Scarlett end up staying with Eleanor?
8. What disgusts Scarlett about the plantation Rhett is running? What potential does Scarlett see at Rhett's phosphate mine?
9. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
10. In Chapter 6, what makes Scarlett think Ashley's business is in trouble? What does she decide to do to help him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Scarlett's bond with Tara. What does Tara mean to Scarlett? Why might it mean this to her? What does she feel about Tara as she grows and experiences new places? Does Scarlett's opinion, or reliance, on Tara change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of jealousy in the novel "Scarlett". Who is jealous of whom and why? Does this jealousy affect the behavior of the jealous? Do they have reason to be jealous?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Scarlett's growth as a character. How does she grow throughout the novel? How was she able to do this? How does it change her relationship with Rhett?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)