|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Rosemary be touring soon, as of Chapter 22?
2. What are the names of Scarlett's children who are at Tara?
3. What was Sister Mary Joseph's name before joining the convent?
4. What does Bill Weller talk about which upsets Scarlett in Chapter 7?
5. What is Tara?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is missing from the party that greets Scarlett at Tara?
2. In Chapter 26, what does Scarlett agree to leave Charleston and Rhett in return for?
3. What does Rhett advise Scarlett to do if she wants to fit in in Charleston?
4. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
5. What does Scarlett think of Eleanor Butler? How does Scarlett end up staying with Eleanor?
6. In Chapter 18, what does Rhett offer Scarlett to get her to leave Charleston? When does Scarlett agree to leave?
7. What is Scarlett's response when Eleanor asks her if she wants another child?
8. What gives Scarlett an opportunity to contact her estranged husband, Rhett?
9. What does Scarlett arrange for India at her store in Chapter 6?
10. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of jealousy in the novel "Scarlett". Who is jealous of whom and why? Does this jealousy affect the behavior of the jealous? Do they have reason to be jealous?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Scarlett's social class. What social class is Scarlett a part of? How does this affect her behavior? Who are some characters in the novel who are members of other social classes? How are they treated?
Essay Topic 3
Scarlett takes place soon after the end of the American Civil War. How has the war affected the different characters of the novel? How has Scarlett's life been affected by the war? How has Tara changed? What are some examples of rehabilitation taking place?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)