|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Scarlett and the family take to the Confederate Home in Chapter 21?
2. What are the names of Scarlett's children who are at Tara?
3. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
4. Where does Rhett take Tommy Cooper in Chapter 18?
5. What does Emma notice about Anne Hampton in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reasons does Rhett tell Rosemary he must get away from Scarlett?
2. What is Scarlett's response when Eleanor asks her if she wants another child?
3. In Chapter 26, what does Scarlett agree to leave Charleston and Rhett in return for?
4. In Chapter 18, what does Rhett offer Scarlett to get her to leave Charleston? When does Scarlett agree to leave?
5. What gives Scarlett an opportunity to contact her estranged husband, Rhett?
6. What prevents Scarlett from visiting her children at Christmas? What does she decide to do instead?
7. Where does Scarlett ask Rhett to take her in Chapter 29? In Chapter 30, what trouble do Scarlett and Rhett get into?
8. What does Scarlett arrange for India at her store in Chapter 6?
9. In Chapter 3, what is preventing repairs from being done at Tara? For what reason does Scarlett offer to pay Suellen a stipend?
10. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Scarlett's epiphany in section 5. What does Scarlett come to realize when she hears that Rhett has remarried? How does this information change her? How does it change her behavior towards Rhett?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the character Rhett Butler. What are his defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does he face throughout the novel? What does the reader learn about his background and family life? Is he a good father? Husband?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of reputation in the novel "Scarlett". Why is one's reputation so important during this time period and place? What connection can be made between the importance of one's reputation and Scarlett's social class? What are some examples of times when Scarlett's reputation is in jeopardy? How does Rhett save the day?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)