|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
2. Where is Rhett in Chapter 16?
3. Who forces a kiss on Scarlett in Chapter 13?
4. How does Scarlett earn Sally Brewton's respect?
5. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prevents Scarlett from visiting her children at Christmas? What does she decide to do instead?
2. Why does Scarlett volunteer to chaperone Rosemary on a visit to Rhett's plantation?
3. In Chapter 14, how is the aloofness of the citizens of Charleston explained?
4. Where does Rhett tell Mrs. Cooper he will take Tommy? Where does he actually take Tommy?
5. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
6. Who greets Rhett, Scarlett and Rosemary at the plantation in Chapter 23?
7. Where does Scarlett ask Rhett to take her in Chapter 29? In Chapter 30, what trouble do Scarlett and Rhett get into?
8. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
9. How does Scarlett earn Sally's respect in Chapter 15?
10. What causes Scarlett to leave Tara in Chapter 4? Why does she leave Pansy behind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Scarlett's growth as a character. How does she grow throughout the novel? How was she able to do this? How does it change her relationship with Rhett?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the different archetypes found in the novel "Scarlett". What are some different types of archetypes and which can be found in the novel? What type of heroine is Scarlett? What type of hero is Rhett?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the character Scarlett. What are her defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does she face throughout the novel? What are her goals and motives?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)