|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett realize she has to stop doing in Chapter 9?
2. Where do Eleanor and Scarlett go after waking early in Chapter 11?
3. How does Scarlett earn Sally Brewton's respect?
4. Why does Rhett call Scarlett a barbarian in Chapter 17?
5. What instruction has Rhett left at Scarlett's household in Atlanta in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reasons does Rhett tell Rosemary he must get away from Scarlett?
2. How does Rhett feel about Scarlett's presence in Charleston? Why does he say he won't ask her to leave?
3. Why does Scarlett volunteer to chaperone Rosemary on a visit to Rhett's plantation?
4. Who greets Rhett, Scarlett and Rosemary at the plantation in Chapter 23?
5. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
6. Where does Rhett tell Mrs. Cooper he will take Tommy? Where does he actually take Tommy?
7. What does Rhett advise Scarlett to do if she wants to fit in in Charleston?
8. In Chapter 6, what makes Scarlett think Ashley's business is in trouble? What does she decide to do to help him?
9. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
10. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Scarlett's bond with Tara. What does Tara mean to Scarlett? Why might it mean this to her? What does she feel about Tara as she grows and experiences new places? Does Scarlett's opinion, or reliance, on Tara change throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Scarlett's relationship with her children. Who are her children and how does she treat them? How do they treat her? What does the reader know about her children's upbringing? In your opinion, is Scarlett a good mother? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the different archetypes found in the novel "Scarlett". What are some different types of archetypes and which can be found in the novel? What type of heroine is Scarlett? What type of hero is Rhett?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)