|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Scarlett's children who are at Tara?
2. How does Middleton's wife react to his budding romance with Scarlett?
3. How does Scarlett react to the kiss forced upon her in Chapter 13?
4. What was Sister Mary Joseph's name before joining the convent?
5. What is the name of the cemetery that Scarlett visits in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Scarlett ask Rhett to take her in Chapter 29? In Chapter 30, what trouble do Scarlett and Rhett get into?
2. What causes Scarlett to leave Tara in Chapter 4? Why does she leave Pansy behind?
3. In Chapter 18, what does Rhett offer Scarlett to get her to leave Charleston? When does Scarlett agree to leave?
4. What does Rhett advise Scarlett to do if she wants to fit in in Charleston?
5. For what reasons does Rhett tell Rosemary he must get away from Scarlett?
6. What promises does Rhett make to Mammy before she dies? What does Rhett tell Scarlett after making his promises?
7. In Chapter 3, what is preventing repairs from being done at Tara? For what reason does Scarlett offer to pay Suellen a stipend?
8. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
9. Where does Rhett tell Mrs. Cooper he will take Tommy? Where does he actually take Tommy?
10. What does Scarlett arrange for India at her store in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the character Scarlett. What are her defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does she face throughout the novel? What are her goals and motives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of money in the novel "Scarlett". How important is money to Scarlett? How does she use money to get what she wants? Does money ever cause problems for Scarlett?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Scarlett's growth as a character. How does she grow throughout the novel? How was she able to do this? How does it change her relationship with Rhett?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)