|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do in Chapter 44?
(a) Send Rhett an urgent message.
(b) Show Rhett that she is a good mother by visiting their children.
(d) Wait for Rhett to return.
2. What does Scarlett conclude after touring the large house in Chapter 61?
(a) It is in need of a great deal of repair.
(b) It is breathtaking.
(c) It has a lot of spirit.
(d) It is much larger than she thought.
3. Who does Scarlett put on a train in Chapter 43?
4. What does Colum speak to groups about?
(a) Helping the Irish people.
(b) The homeless.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) How to get rid of the Yankees.
5. Why does Scarlett give Colum her winnings from the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) So he can give it to the poor.
(b) So he can buy her some Irish souvenirs.
(c) So he can put it towards his cause.
(d) So he can trade it for the local currency.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarlett's grandfather laugh at her after she arrives late for dinner in Chapter 34?
2. Where do Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen stay in Chapter 48?
3. What story does Joe O'Neill go around telling in Chapter 63?
4. Whose demeanor is Scarlett pleased by in Chapter 50?
5. What is Scarlett bored by in Chapter 50?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rule is there in Scarlett's grandfather's house during Lent? How does Scarlett get around the rule?
2. What causes Scarlett to lose her joy of working on Ballyhara?
3. What do the locals do when they see Scarlett out with her baby? Why does Scarlett think they do this?
4. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do about her relationship with Rhett in Chapter 44?
5. What stories circulate about the baby Scarlett just gave birth to?
6. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54? What needs to be done in preparation for Scarlett's grandmother's birthday?
7. Who does Mrs. Fitzpatrick send for when Scarlett's labor becomes difficult? Who delivers Scarlett's baby?
8. What causes a stir in Chapter 58?
9. What do Maureen and Scarlett share stories about in Chapter 43?
10. What does Scarlett's grandfather offer her in Chapter 42, and under what conditions?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)