|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett decide to do in Chapter 46?
(b) Open a new shop.
(c) Go to Ireland.
(d) Go to Rhett.
2. Who does Scarlett ask to be the godmother of her baby?
(d) Mrs. Fitzpatrick.
3. Who does Scarlett first stay with in Ireland?
4. What is the travelers' destination in Chapter 48?
(a) The County Kerry.
(b) The County Meath.
(c) The County Donegal.
(d) The County Tipperary.
5. Who is Scarlett denied an audience with in Chapter 33?
(a) The Mother Superior.
(c) Rhett's mother.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54?
2. What does the news clipping which Scarlett receives from Aunt Paulie say?
3. What does Colum speak to groups about?
4. Where do Scarlett and Colum ride to in Chapter 53?
5. What is Scarlett invited to in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett give to Colum when they arrive in Ireland?
2. What do the locals do when they see Scarlett out with her baby? Why does Scarlett think they do this?
3. What causes Scarlett to lose her joy of working on Ballyhara?
4. What causes Scarlett to faint in Chapter 55? How does Colum explain Scarlett's fainting to a young cousin?
5. What does Kathleen tell Scarlett when she goes for a visit in Chapter 61?
6. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54? What needs to be done in preparation for Scarlett's grandmother's birthday?
7. In Chapter 65, what plans does Scarlett make for the future?
8. What stories circulate about the baby Scarlett just gave birth to?
9. In Chapter 51, what does Scarlett hate about the guests at the party thrown in her honor?
10. In Chapter 54, what has Scarlett's pregnancy led her to believe?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)