|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Colum O'Hara's vocation?
(a) He is a priest.
(b) He is a businessman.
(c) He is a contractor.
(d) He is a baker.
2. What does the blacksmith at first refuse to do in Chapter 62?
(a) Clean off the baby.
(b) Deliver Scarlett's baby.
(c) Try to calm down Scarlett.
(d) Fetch a doctor.
3. What do Colum and Scarlett come across on their way to their destination in Chapter 49?
(a) An injured horse.
(b) A violent storm.
(c) A hungry family.
(d) A cottage on fire.
4. Why do the Ballyhara workers hate answering to Scarlett?
(a) Because she is a relative of Colum's.
(b) Because she doesn't know anything about working the land.
(c) Because she is a woman and is domineering.
(d) Because she is American.
5. What story does Joe O'Neill go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby changed from a boy to a girl.
(b) That the baby has twelve toes.
(c) That the baby smiled when she first saw Scarlett.
(d) That the baby has a deformed ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone do at Daniel's while Scarlett is out in Chapter 58?
2. What does Scarlett name her baby?
3. Who are James and Andrew O'Hara?
4. Who is Maureen?
5. What is the travelers' destination in Chapter 48?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett's grandfather offer her in Chapter 42, and under what conditions?
2. What causes Scarlett to faint in Chapter 55? How does Colum explain Scarlett's fainting to a young cousin?
3. In Chapter 51, what does Scarlett hate about the guests at the party thrown in her honor?
4. What do the locals do when they see Scarlett out with her baby? Why does Scarlett think they do this?
5. How does Scarlett relate to the workers at Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
6. In Chapter 65, what plans does Scarlett make for the future?
7. What do Maureen and Scarlett share stories about in Chapter 43?
8. Why does the bank's president make a fuss over Scarlett in Chapter 38? What does Scarlett suspect about her grandfather after her bank visit?
9. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do about her relationship with Rhett in Chapter 44?
10. Why does Colum jump from the carriage in Chapter 49?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)