|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that has mail for Scarlett in Chapter 55?
(a) Morning Glory.
(b) Evening Star.
(c) Sleepy Oak.
(d) Queen Anne.
2. What does Scarlett name her baby?
(a) Katie Colum Butler.
(b) Katie Rhett O'Hara.
(c) Katie Colum O'Hara.
(d) Katie O'Hara Butler.
3. How does Scarlett react to the realization she makes during her trip to Ireland?
(a) She feels panicked.
(b) She is at peace.
(c) She is excited and happy.
(d) She feels regret and sadness.
4. Who does Scarlett first stay with in Ireland?
5. What story does Joe O'Neill go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby has twelve toes.
(b) That the baby changed from a boy to a girl.
(c) That the baby smiled when she first saw Scarlett.
(d) That the baby has a deformed ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Rhett send Scarlett in Chapter 38?
2. What do Scarlett and Colum visit in Chapter 52?
3. How much does Scarlett win in the card game in Chapter 47?
4. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
5. What does Scarlett conclude after touring the large house in Chapter 61?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the bank's president make a fuss over Scarlett in Chapter 38? What does Scarlett suspect about her grandfather after her bank visit?
2. What do the locals do when they see Scarlett out with her baby? Why does Scarlett think they do this?
3. What happens when Scarlett and Colum visit a fair in Chapter 52, and how does Scarlett feel about the event?
4. What do Maureen and Scarlett share stories about in Chapter 43?
5. What does Scarlett find out when she goes to the store run by her uncles, James and Andrew?
6. What causes Scarlett to lose her joy of working on Ballyhara?
7. What makes Scarlett tear up in Chapter 35?
8. Why does Colum jump from the carriage in Chapter 49?
9. What rule is there in Scarlett's grandfather's house during Lent? How does Scarlett get around the rule?
10. In Chapter 65, what plans does Scarlett make for the future?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)