|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does she demand this of the servant in Chapter 36?
(a) She says her grandfather is ill.
(b) She says that no one should ever go hungry.
(c) She says her grandfather dislikes red meat.
(d) She says her grandfather is having stomach problems.
2. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
(a) The equivalent of one hundred thousand dollars.
(b) The equivalent of fifty thousand dollars.
(c) The equivalent of five hundred dollars.
(d) The equivalent of ten thousand dollars.
3. What does Scarlett name her baby?
(a) Katie O'Hara Butler.
(b) Katie Colum Butler.
(c) Katie Colum O'Hara.
(d) Katie Rhett O'Hara.
4. What does the news clipping which Scarlett receives from Aunt Paulie say?
(a) That Rhett is ill.
(b) That Rhett has married.
(c) That Rhett is in jail.
(d) That Rhett is bankrupt.
5. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
(a) A love song which reminds her of Rhett.
(b) A conversation about her father.
(c) A conversation about how life was before the war.
(d) Remembering Bonnie.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point does Scarlett's joy in the Ballyhara project become lost?
2. Who does Scarlett want as her baby's godfather?
3. What do Scarlett and Colum visit in Chapter 52?
4. Who performs a caesarean on Scarlett?
5. What story does Joe O'Neill go around telling in Chapter 63?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett find out when she goes to the store run by her uncles, James and Andrew?
2. Why does Colum jump from the carriage in Chapter 49?
3. What does Kathleen tell Scarlett when she goes for a visit in Chapter 61?
4. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do about her relationship with Rhett in Chapter 44?
5. Why does the bank's president make a fuss over Scarlett in Chapter 38? What does Scarlett suspect about her grandfather after her bank visit?
6. What do Maureen and Scarlett share stories about in Chapter 43?
7. What do the locals do when they see Scarlett out with her baby? Why does Scarlett think they do this?
8. What makes Scarlett tear up in Chapter 35?
9. In Chapter 54, what has Scarlett's pregnancy led her to believe?
10. What does Scarlett's grandfather offer her in Chapter 42, and under what conditions?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)