|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarlett enamored by at the street market in Chapter 47?
(a) The loud merchants.
(b) The different accents of the people.
(c) The strange food.
(d) The clothing.
2. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
(a) The food is not properly prepared.
(b) Her grandfather and aunts refuse their food.
(c) The guests are late in arriving.
(d) Her grandfather throws a tantrum causing Scarlett to become angry.
3. Who are James and Andrew O'Hara?
(a) Scarlett's cousins.
(b) Scarlett's brothers.
(c) Scarlett's uncles.
(d) Scarlett's great-uncles.
4. What is the name of the ship that has mail for Scarlett in Chapter 55?
(a) Evening Star.
(b) Morning Glory.
(c) Sleepy Oak.
(d) Queen Anne.
5. How does Scarlett get around the house rules during Lent?
(a) She eats breakfast at the neighbor's home after eating it at her own home.
(b) She sneaks food from the pantry.
(c) She gets food from the bakery.
(d) She gives her maid money to bring her extra food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colum O'Hara's vocation?
2. Who does Scarlett receive a letter from in Chapter 38?
3. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
4. What does Scarlett participate in in Chapter 45?
5. Why do the Ballyhara workers hate answering to Scarlett?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett's grandfather offer her in Chapter 42, and under what conditions?
2. Why does the bank's president make a fuss over Scarlett in Chapter 38? What does Scarlett suspect about her grandfather after her bank visit?
3. In Chapter 65, what plans does Scarlett make for the future?
4. What does Scarlett find out when she goes to the store run by her uncles, James and Andrew?
5. What do Maureen and Scarlett share stories about in Chapter 43?
6. What rule is there in Scarlett's grandfather's house during Lent? How does Scarlett get around the rule?
7. In Chapter 54, what has Scarlett's pregnancy led her to believe?
8. Why does Maureen laugh about Scarlett's grandfather ruining his birthday dinner?
9. What makes Scarlett tear up in Chapter 35?
10. Who does Mrs. Fitzpatrick send for when Scarlett's labor becomes difficult? Who delivers Scarlett's baby?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)