|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Scarlett learn has died in Chapter 34?
(a) Andrew and James' wives.
(b) The manager at Scarlett's store.
(c) Scarlett's favorite maid.
(d) Two of Scarlett's cousins, Billy and Derek.
2. Where do Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen stay in Chapter 48?
(a) The Lionheart Hotel.
(b) The Mountaintop Hotel.
(c) The Railway Hotel.
(d) The Blue Moon Motel.
3. Who is Mrs. Fitzpatrick?
(a) A woman hired to help Scarlett with the house.
(b) Colum's nanny when he was a child.
(c) Scarlett's neighbor.
(d) A merchant who gives Scarlett discounts.
4. What do Scarlett and Colum visit in Chapter 52?
(a) Scarlett's father's childhood home.
(b) A piece of land which Scarlett hopes to buy.
(c) The Tara of Ireland.
(d) An old castle once belonging to the O'Haras.
5. How much money does Rhett send Scarlett in Chapter 38?
(a) 50,000 dollars.
(b) Half a million dollars.
(c) 100,000 dollars.
(d) 250,000 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does she demand this of the servant in Chapter 36?
2. What does Scarlett conclude after touring the large house in Chapter 61?
3. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
4. What is the weather like when Scarlett goes into labor?
5. At what point does Scarlett's joy in the Ballyhara project become lost?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 54, what has Scarlett's pregnancy led her to believe?
2. What does Scarlett give to Colum when they arrive in Ireland?
3. How does Scarlett relate to the workers at Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
4. What causes Scarlett to faint in Chapter 55? How does Colum explain Scarlett's fainting to a young cousin?
5. What do the locals do when they see Scarlett out with her baby? Why does Scarlett think they do this?
6. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54? What needs to be done in preparation for Scarlett's grandmother's birthday?
7. Why does Maureen laugh about Scarlett's grandfather ruining his birthday dinner?
8. What causes a stir in Chapter 58?
9. What does Scarlett find out when she goes to the store run by her uncles, James and Andrew?
10. Who does Mrs. Fitzpatrick send for when Scarlett's labor becomes difficult? Who delivers Scarlett's baby?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)