|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
(a) The equivalent of ten thousand dollars.
(b) The equivalent of one hundred thousand dollars.
(c) The equivalent of five hundred dollars.
(d) The equivalent of fifty thousand dollars.
2. Where do Scarlett and Colum ride to in Chapter 53?
(a) The river Suir.
(b) The river Boyne.
(c) The river Blackwater.
(d) The river Swilly.
3. What is the name of the ship that has mail for Scarlett in Chapter 55?
(a) Evening Star.
(b) Morning Glory.
(c) Sleepy Oak.
(d) Queen Anne.
4. Why does Scarlett give Colum her winnings from the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) So he can put it towards his cause.
(b) So he can buy her some Irish souvenirs.
(c) So he can give it to the poor.
(d) So he can trade it for the local currency.
5. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
(a) A conversation about how life was before the war.
(b) Remembering Bonnie.
(c) A love song which reminds her of Rhett.
(d) A conversation about her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the news clipping which Scarlett receives from Aunt Paulie say?
2. What is Scarlett enamored by at the street market in Chapter 47?
3. Who does Colum bring with him to Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
4. What does the blacksmith at first refuse to do in Chapter 62?
5. What is Scarlett's dream for Ballyhara?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the locals do when they see Scarlett out with her baby? Why does Scarlett think they do this?
2. What causes Scarlett to faint in Chapter 55? How does Colum explain Scarlett's fainting to a young cousin?
3. Who does Mrs. Fitzpatrick send for when Scarlett's labor becomes difficult? Who delivers Scarlett's baby?
4. What stories circulate about the baby Scarlett just gave birth to?
5. In Chapter 65, what plans does Scarlett make for the future?
6. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54? What needs to be done in preparation for Scarlett's grandmother's birthday?
7. What does Scarlett find out when she goes to the store run by her uncles, James and Andrew?
8. In Chapter 54, what has Scarlett's pregnancy led her to believe?
9. How does Scarlett feel about her pregnancy? Why does she decide not to return to Charleston?
10. What rule is there in Scarlett's grandfather's house during Lent? How does Scarlett get around the rule?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)