|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarlett enamored by at the street market in Chapter 47?
(a) The loud merchants.
(b) The clothing.
(c) The strange food.
(d) The different accents of the people.
2. What story does the midwife go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby was screaming louder than any baby she had ever heard.
(b) That the baby was already dead when she arrived.
(c) That the baby hissed when she first saw Scarlett.
(d) That the baby was covered in bruises when it was delivered.
3. Who does Scarlett learn has died in Chapter 34?
(a) The manager at Scarlett's store.
(b) Two of Scarlett's cousins, Billy and Derek.
(c) Andrew and James' wives.
(d) Scarlett's favorite maid.
4. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
(a) Her grandfather throws a tantrum causing Scarlett to become angry.
(b) The guests are late in arriving.
(c) Her grandfather and aunts refuse their food.
(d) The food is not properly prepared.
5. What must Scarlett do to receive her grandfather's fortune?
(a) Bring her children to Atlanta.
(b) Have more children.
(c) Stay married to Rhett.
(d) Divorce Rhett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the midwife tell Colum to stay in Chapter 62?
2. What does Scarlett realize during her journey to Ireland?
3. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
4. Who does Scarlett receive a letter from in Chapter 38?
5. What is the name of the ship which Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen take to Ireland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Colum jump from the carriage in Chapter 49?
2. In Chapter 51, what does Scarlett hate about the guests at the party thrown in her honor?
3. What does Kathleen tell Scarlett when she goes for a visit in Chapter 61?
4. In Chapter 54, what has Scarlett's pregnancy led her to believe?
5. How does Scarlett feel about her pregnancy? Why does she decide not to return to Charleston?
6. What does Scarlett find out when she goes to the store run by her uncles, James and Andrew?
7. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54? What needs to be done in preparation for Scarlett's grandmother's birthday?
8. In Chapter 65, what plans does Scarlett make for the future?
9. What do Maureen and Scarlett share stories about in Chapter 43?
10. What rule is there in Scarlett's grandfather's house during Lent? How does Scarlett get around the rule?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)