|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
(a) Remembering Bonnie.
(b) A conversation about her father.
(c) A love song which reminds her of Rhett.
(d) A conversation about how life was before the war.
2. What does Scarlett realize during her journey to Ireland?
(a) That she belongs at Tara.
(b) That she is over Rhett.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That Rhett still loves her.
3. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
(a) The equivalent of five hundred dollars.
(b) The equivalent of fifty thousand dollars.
(c) The equivalent of one hundred thousand dollars.
(d) The equivalent of ten thousand dollars.
4. What does Kathleen tell Scarlett about her grandmother in Chapter 61?
(a) That she is cursed.
(b) That she is hiding a great deal of money.
(c) That she believes her death is near.
(d) That she is calling out a strange man's name in her sleep.
5. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do in Chapter 44?
(a) Wait for Rhett to return.
(b) Send Rhett an urgent message.
(c) Show Rhett that she is a good mother by visiting their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett think the status of her relationship with Rhett is as of Chapter 53?
2. Who does Scarlett ask to be the godmother of her baby?
3. Who is homesick for Ireland in Chapter 44?
4. Who is Maureen?
5. Why does the midwife tell Colum to stay in Chapter 62?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the bank's president make a fuss over Scarlett in Chapter 38? What does Scarlett suspect about her grandfather after her bank visit?
2. How does Scarlett relate to the workers at Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
3. In Chapter 51, what does Scarlett hate about the guests at the party thrown in her honor?
4. What causes Scarlett to faint in Chapter 55? How does Colum explain Scarlett's fainting to a young cousin?
5. What do Maureen and Scarlett share stories about in Chapter 43?
6. Why does Maureen laugh about Scarlett's grandfather ruining his birthday dinner?
7. What happens when Scarlett and Colum visit a fair in Chapter 52, and how does Scarlett feel about the event?
8. What rule is there in Scarlett's grandfather's house during Lent? How does Scarlett get around the rule?
9. In Chapter 54, what has Scarlett's pregnancy led her to believe?
10. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do about her relationship with Rhett in Chapter 44?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)