|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 38, what leads the president of the bank to make a fuss over Scarlett?
(a) Her relation to Pierre Robillard.
(b) Scarlett yells at him, leading him to feel intimidated.
(c) She has a reputation for being a savvy and business-minded woman.
(d) She is very beautiful.
2. Who does Colum visit in Chapter 59?
(a) Jon Ramses.
(b) Jim Ryan.
(c) Jory Ritter.
(d) James Raulston.
3. What is Scarlett enamored by at the street market in Chapter 47?
(a) The clothing.
(b) The strange food.
(c) The loud merchants.
(d) The different accents of the people.
4. What does Scarlett think the status of her relationship with Rhett is as of Chapter 53?
(a) Scarlett believes Rhett is ready to reconcile, but Scarlett is not.
(b) Scarlett believes Rhett will forgive her in time.
(c) Scarlett believes she can claim Rhett at any time.
(d) Scarlett believes the marriage to be over.
5. What does Scarlett's hostess honor Scarlett with in Chapter 51?
(a) A family picnic.
(b) A dance.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A tea party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarlett's dream for Ballyhara?
2. Who does Scarlett first stay with in Ireland?
3. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
4. Who is Mrs. Fitzpatrick?
5. Who does Scarlett put on a train in Chapter 43?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 51, what does Scarlett hate about the guests at the party thrown in her honor?
2. What causes Scarlett to lose her joy of working on Ballyhara?
3. What does Kathleen tell Scarlett when she goes for a visit in Chapter 61?
4. Why does Colum jump from the carriage in Chapter 49?
5. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54? What needs to be done in preparation for Scarlett's grandmother's birthday?
6. What rule is there in Scarlett's grandfather's house during Lent? How does Scarlett get around the rule?
7. Why does the bank's president make a fuss over Scarlett in Chapter 38? What does Scarlett suspect about her grandfather after her bank visit?
8. What does Scarlett give to Colum when they arrive in Ireland?
9. Who does Mrs. Fitzpatrick send for when Scarlett's labor becomes difficult? Who delivers Scarlett's baby?
10. What makes Scarlett tear up in Chapter 35?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)