|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Scarlett gone when the visitors arrive at Daniel's in Chapter 58?
(a) Scarlett has gone to hire some help.
(b) Scarlett has gone to the dock to retrieve the mail.
(c) Scarlett has gone to buy horses.
(d) Scarlett has gone to look over the land.
2. What does Scarlett participate in in Chapter 45?
(a) A fundraiser for the wounded soldiers.
(b) The unveiling of the new town hall.
(c) The Saint Patrick's Day festivities.
(d) The reception of her friend's wedding.
3. What does Scarlett demand of a servant carrying her grandfather's meal in Chapter 36?
(a) That he add butter and ham to the meal.
(b) That he take away any red meat on the plate.
(c) That the meal should have more vegetables.
(d) That he should not give her grandfather so much food so early in the day.
4. How is the baby described in Chapter 62?
(a) As having reddish hair and freckled skin.
(b) As having green eyes and pale skin.
(c) As having blue eyes and dark skin.
(d) As having dark black eyes and dark skin.
5. Why do the Ballyhara workers hate answering to Scarlett?
(a) Because she doesn't know anything about working the land.
(b) Because she is a relative of Colum's.
(c) Because she is American.
(d) Because she is a woman and is domineering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Joe O'Neill go around telling in Chapter 63?
2. Who is homesick for Ireland in Chapter 44?
3. What does Colum speak to groups about?
4. What is the name of the ship that has mail for Scarlett in Chapter 55?
5. Who does Colum visit in Chapter 59?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett find out when she goes to the store run by her uncles, James and Andrew?
2. In Chapter 65, what plans does Scarlett make for the future?
3. What causes Scarlett to faint in Chapter 55? How does Colum explain Scarlett's fainting to a young cousin?
4. What makes Scarlett tear up in Chapter 35?
5. What stories circulate about the baby Scarlett just gave birth to?
6. What causes a stir in Chapter 58?
7. What does Scarlett's grandfather offer her in Chapter 42, and under what conditions?
8. What causes Scarlett to lose her joy of working on Ballyhara?
9. In Chapter 51, what does Scarlett hate about the guests at the party thrown in her honor?
10. Who does Mrs. Fitzpatrick send for when Scarlett's labor becomes difficult? Who delivers Scarlett's baby?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)