|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colum speak to groups about?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) Helping the Irish people.
(c) How to get rid of the Yankees.
(d) The homeless.
2. How is the baby described in Chapter 62?
(a) As having blue eyes and dark skin.
(b) As having reddish hair and freckled skin.
(c) As having dark black eyes and dark skin.
(d) As having green eyes and pale skin.
3. What is the name of the ship which Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen take to Ireland?
(a) The "Cork Cruise".
(b) The "Brian Boru".
(c) The "Red Ruby".
(d) The "Queen Victoria".
4. What does Scarlett give the soldiers who arrive at her grandmother's house during a visit in Chapter 60?
(a) Some family heirlooms.
(c) Her business card.
(d) All the weapons at her grandmother's house.
5. Why does Scarlett give Colum her winnings from the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) So he can buy her some Irish souvenirs.
(b) So he can put it towards his cause.
(c) So he can give it to the poor.
(d) So he can trade it for the local currency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Scarlett do to receive her grandfather's fortune?
2. Where has Scarlett gone when the visitors arrive at Daniel's in Chapter 58?
3. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
4. What does Kathleen tell Scarlett about her grandmother in Chapter 61?
5. What does Scarlett give to Colum in Chapter 57?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do about her relationship with Rhett in Chapter 44?
2. What causes Scarlett to faint in Chapter 55? How does Colum explain Scarlett's fainting to a young cousin?
3. In Chapter 54, what has Scarlett's pregnancy led her to believe?
4. What makes Scarlett tear up in Chapter 35?
5. How does Scarlett relate to the workers at Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
6. How does Scarlett feel about her pregnancy? Why does she decide not to return to Charleston?
7. Why does the bank's president make a fuss over Scarlett in Chapter 38? What does Scarlett suspect about her grandfather after her bank visit?
8. What do the locals do when they see Scarlett out with her baby? Why does Scarlett think they do this?
9. In Chapter 51, what does Scarlett hate about the guests at the party thrown in her honor?
10. What causes a stir in Chapter 58?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)