|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scarlett go when she first arrives in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) Rhett's house.
(b) Her aunts' home.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Her sister's home.
2. Why does Scarlett begin receiving many invitations in Chapter 16?
(a) Because Rhett has put in a good word for her.
(b) Because she has attracted the attention of a very wealthy gentleman.
(c) Because of Sally's endorsement.
(d) Because the new social season has started.
3. What instruction has Rhett left at Scarlett's household in Atlanta in Chapter 5?
(a) To have her household bills paid by his attorneys.
(b) To vacate the property as soon as possible.
(c) To meet him in Charleston immediately.
(d) To stop doing business with the Wilkes'.
4. What does Emma notice about Anne Hampton in Chapter 12?
(a) That she looks tired and forlorn.
(b) That she has been looking at Rhett with loving eyes.
(c) That she is thinner.
(d) That she looks down on Scarlett.
5. What must Rhett help Scarlett do before she will agree to leave Charleston?
(a) Become pregnant.
(b) Convince Ashley to sell his company to her.
(c) Buy back the one-third interest in Tara which the convent owns.
(d) Rebuild Tara.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett decide to do to help Ashley's business in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
3. What does Rhett offer Scarlett to leave Charleston in Chapter 18?
4. Why do Rhett and Ross hide at Rhett's plantation in Chapter 19?
5. What does Bill Weller talk about which upsets Scarlett in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what does Rhett offer Scarlett to get her to leave Charleston? When does Scarlett agree to leave?
2. What does Scarlett think of Eleanor Butler? How does Scarlett end up staying with Eleanor?
3. Who is missing from the party that greets Scarlett at Tara?
4. Where does Rhett tell Mrs. Cooper he will take Tommy? Where does he actually take Tommy?
5. What causes Scarlett to leave Tara in Chapter 4? Why does she leave Pansy behind?
6. How does Rhett feel about Scarlett's presence in Charleston? Why does he say he won't ask her to leave?
7. Where does Scarlett ask Rhett to take her in Chapter 29? In Chapter 30, what trouble do Scarlett and Rhett get into?
8. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
9. In Chapter 6, what makes Scarlett think Ashley's business is in trouble? What does she decide to do to help him?
10. Why does Scarlett volunteer to chaperone Rosemary on a visit to Rhett's plantation?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)