|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story involving criminal behavior does Scarlett hear in Chapter 16?
(a) A story of a wounded soldier who steals from the Yankees.
(b) A story of a Yankee soldier breaking into women's bedrooms.
(c) A story about a young orphan running off with Yankee weapons.
(d) A story about a pair of criminals posing as a married couple.
2. Why do the residents of Charleston walk everywhere?
(a) There are no carriages available.
(b) The Yankees do not allow the use of carriages.
(c) The streets are covered in rubble.
(d) It is better for one's health.
3. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
(d) Her father.
4. What does Rhett declare he will revive in Chapter 26?
(a) His relationship with Scarlett.
(b) His gambling.
5. What instruction has Rhett left at Scarlett's household in Atlanta in Chapter 5?
(a) To have her household bills paid by his attorneys.
(b) To meet him in Charleston immediately.
(c) To stop doing business with the Wilkes'.
(d) To vacate the property as soon as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill Weller talk about which upsets Scarlett in Chapter 7?
2. What does Rosemary suggest about Scarlett that Rhett dismisses in Chapter 20?
3. What do Scarlett and the family take to the Confederate Home in Chapter 21?
4. How does Scarlett react to the kiss forced upon her in Chapter 13?
5. Why does Scarlett agree to be Rosemary's chaperone in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 14, how is the aloofness of the citizens of Charleston explained?
3. What disgusts Scarlett about the plantation Rhett is running? What potential does Scarlett see at Rhett's phosphate mine?
4. What causes Scarlett to leave Tara in Chapter 4? Why does she leave Pansy behind?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Scarlett ask Suellen not to gossip about to others?
6. In Chapter 3, what is preventing repairs from being done at Tara? For what reason does Scarlett offer to pay Suellen a stipend?
7. For what reasons does Rhett tell Rosemary he must get away from Scarlett?
8. In Chapter 6, what makes Scarlett think Ashley's business is in trouble? What does she decide to do to help him?
9. In Chapter 10, who does Scarlett go to stay with in Charleston? Who do Scarlett's hosts announce that they intend to visit? Why do people in Charleston have to walk everywhere?
10. How does Rhett feel about Scarlett's presence in Charleston? Why does he say he won't ask her to leave?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)