|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarlett's impression of Eleanor Butler when she meets her for the first time?
(a) Rhett shares many of Eleanor's qualities.
(b) Scarlett immediately likes her.
(c) Scarlett finds her distasteful.
(d) Scarlett is intrigued by her.
2. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
(a) She has to tend to her business matters.
(b) She misses her family in Charleston.
(c) She can't stand the noise the children make.
(d) She does not get along with Suellen.
3. When Scarlett finds Ashley's house closed up in Chapter 5, where does she go to find him?
(a) At his sister's home.
(b) Aunt Pittypat's house.
(c) His cottage in Savannah.
(d) At his family home in South Carolina.
4. What story involving criminal behavior does Scarlett hear in Chapter 16?
(a) A story of a Yankee soldier breaking into women's bedrooms.
(b) A story about a pair of criminals posing as a married couple.
(c) A story about a young orphan running off with Yankee weapons.
(d) A story of a wounded soldier who steals from the Yankees.
5. Why is Tara unable to be repaired in Chapter 3?
(a) The Yankees will not allow repairs to be done.
(b) Tara is beyond repair.
(c) There is no money to pay the workers.
(d) There are no workers to hire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rhett tell Scarlett he will stop doing if she remains in Charleston?
2. What does Scarlett note about the house she attends a ball at in Chapter 21?
3. What does Scarlett know nothing about while at the market in Chapter 15?
4. What must Suellen do if Scarlett were to pay her a stipend?
5. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Scarlett to lose her joy of working on Ballyhara?
2. What stories circulate about the baby Scarlett just gave birth to?
3. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Scarlett set out to make the Earl of Fenton fall in love with her? Why does Luke want to marry Scarlett?
5. How does Scarlett earn respect in the community when she returns to Ireland?
6. In Chapter 26, what does Scarlett agree to leave Charleston and Rhett in return for?
7. How does Rhett feel about Scarlett's presence in Charleston? Why does he say he won't ask her to leave?
8. What does Scarlett give to Colum when they arrive in Ireland?
9. Who does Mrs. Fitzpatrick send for when Scarlett's labor becomes difficult? Who delivers Scarlett's baby?
10. Who does Scarlett encounter at the Drogheda fair?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)