|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett realize about Rosemary in Chapter 25?
(a) That Rosemary is overcoming her own broken heart, just as Scarlett is.
(b) That Rosemary is a backstabber.
(c) That Rosemary loves the plantation as much as Scarlett loves Tara.
(d) That Rosemary is a hard business woman.
2. What does Scarlett learn while visiting Henry Hamilton's office in Chapter 5?
(a) That her debt has been cleared.
(b) That Rhett has inquired about her business.
(c) That there is a financial crisis going on.
(d) That her business is going under.
3. Who does Rhett pick up from the train station in Chapter 19?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His sister.
4. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She throws a vase at the wall.
(b) She cries by herself in the bathroom.
(c) She ignores Bill Weller.
(d) She throws out her party guests.
5. How does Scarlett react to the kiss forced upon her in Chapter 13?
(a) She laughs it off.
(b) She faints.
(c) She reciprocates the kiss.
(d) She is horrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Scarlett's children who are at Tara?
2. According to Rhett, what must Scarlett do to her clothes to fit in with Charleston society?
3. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
4. What does Rhett offer Scarlett to leave Charleston in Chapter 18?
5. What does Sally have little doubt of in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rhett advise Scarlett to do if she wants to fit in in Charleston?
2. Why does Scarlett volunteer to chaperone Rosemary on a visit to Rhett's plantation?
3. In Chapter 14, how is the aloofness of the citizens of Charleston explained?
4. What disgusts Scarlett about the plantation Rhett is running? What potential does Scarlett see at Rhett's phosphate mine?
5. Who is missing from the party that greets Scarlett at Tara?
6. In Chapter 26, what does Scarlett agree to leave Charleston and Rhett in return for?
7. How does Rhett feel about Scarlett's presence in Charleston? Why does he say he won't ask her to leave?
8. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
9. Where does Scarlett ask Rhett to take her in Chapter 29? In Chapter 30, what trouble do Scarlett and Rhett get into?
10. In Chapter 3, what is preventing repairs from being done at Tara? For what reason does Scarlett offer to pay Suellen a stipend?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)