|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sam Forrest know Scarlett?
(a) From her days of nursing soldiers in the hospital.
(b) He was once a worker for her father.
(c) He is her sister's old beau.
(d) From her store.
2. Why do the residents of Charleston walk everywhere?
(a) There are no carriages available.
(b) It is better for one's health.
(c) The streets are covered in rubble.
(d) The Yankees do not allow the use of carriages.
3. What does Joe Colleton tell Ashley is the reason for Scarlett's visit to the building site in Chapter 9?
(a) Scarlett is looking for a new contractor.
(b) Scarlett is interested in post-war architecture.
(c) Scarlett is looking for Ashley.
(d) Scarlett is considering building a store there.
4. What does Scarlett note about the house she attends a ball at in Chapter 21?
(a) It is reminiscent of Twin Oaks.
(b) It reminds her of Tara.
(c) It is grander than Tara.
(d) It is neglected.
5. What must Rhett help Scarlett do before she will agree to leave Charleston?
(a) Buy back the one-third interest in Tara which the convent owns.
(b) Convince Ashley to sell his company to her.
(c) Rebuild Tara.
(d) Become pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rhett offer Scarlett to leave Charleston in Chapter 18?
2. What story involving criminal behavior does Scarlett hear in Chapter 16?
3. What does Bill Weller talk about which upsets Scarlett in Chapter 7?
4. Why does Rhett demand to see Scarlett's clothes?
5. How does Scarlett react to the kiss forced upon her in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ross do to Scarlett when he returns home one night after drinking? How does Scarlett react?
2. Who greets Rhett, Scarlett and Rosemary at the plantation in Chapter 23?
3. What gives Scarlett an opportunity to contact her estranged husband, Rhett?
4. Where does Rhett tell Mrs. Cooper he will take Tommy? Where does he actually take Tommy?
5. Who is missing from the party that greets Scarlett at Tara?
6. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
7. In Chapter 10, who does Scarlett go to stay with in Charleston? Who do Scarlett's hosts announce that they intend to visit? Why do people in Charleston have to walk everywhere?
8. What promises does Rhett make to Mammy before she dies? What does Rhett tell Scarlett after making his promises?
9. What disgusts Scarlett about the plantation Rhett is running? What potential does Scarlett see at Rhett's phosphate mine?
10. In Chapter 6, what makes Scarlett think Ashley's business is in trouble? What does she decide to do to help him?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)