|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarlett try to stop someone from throwing himself in a grave?
(a) It will dirty his suit.
(b) She believes he will hurt himself.
(c) She wants his attention on her.
(d) She dislikes drama.
2. What does Scarlett learn while visiting Henry Hamilton's office in Chapter 5?
(a) That her business is going under.
(b) That there is a financial crisis going on.
(c) That Rhett has inquired about her business.
(d) That her debt has been cleared.
3. What is Tara?
(a) Rhett's family home.
(b) Scarlett's childhood home.
(c) Scarlett's new property.
(d) A boarding house.
4. Why does Scarlett leave her maid behind at Tara?
(a) So she can conduct her business in private.
(b) To improve her skills.
(c) To save money.
(d) To teach another maid how to arrange her daughter's hair.
5. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She cries by herself in the bathroom.
(b) She ignores Bill Weller.
(c) She throws out her party guests.
(d) She throws a vase at the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rosemary confront Rhett about in Chapter 19?
2. What does Rhett declare he will revive in Chapter 26?
3. Who is Will Benteen?
4. What is Rhett growing on his plantation in Chapter 17?
5. Why does Scarlett begin receiving many invitations in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what does Rhett offer Scarlett to get her to leave Charleston? When does Scarlett agree to leave?
2. In Chapter 26, what does Scarlett agree to leave Charleston and Rhett in return for?
3. In Chapter 3, what is preventing repairs from being done at Tara? For what reason does Scarlett offer to pay Suellen a stipend?
4. What causes Scarlett to leave Tara in Chapter 4? Why does she leave Pansy behind?
5. What does Scarlett think of Eleanor Butler? How does Scarlett end up staying with Eleanor?
6. In Chapter 10, who does Scarlett go to stay with in Charleston? Who do Scarlett's hosts announce that they intend to visit? Why do people in Charleston have to walk everywhere?
7. How does Rhett feel about Scarlett's presence in Charleston? Why does he say he won't ask her to leave?
8. What does Rhett advise Scarlett to do if she wants to fit in in Charleston?
9. For what reasons does Rhett tell Rosemary he must get away from Scarlett?
10. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)