|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rhett growing on his plantation in Chapter 17?
2. What does Scarlett note about the house she attends a ball at in Chapter 21?
(a) It is reminiscent of Twin Oaks.
(b) It is neglected.
(c) It reminds her of Tara.
(d) It is grander than Tara.
3. Where does Scarlett go when she first arrives in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) A hotel.
(b) Her aunts' home.
(c) Her sister's home.
(d) Rhett's house.
4. Who is Sheba?
(a) A famous seamstress.
(b) Rhett's old flame.
(c) Scarlett's maid.
(d) A crazy elderly woman.
5. What are the names of Scarlett's children who are at Tara?
(a) Emily and William.
(b) Ella and Wade.
(c) Elsie and Wallace.
(d) Emma and Wendle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
2. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's presence in Chapter 11?
3. Why does Scarlett begin receiving many invitations in Chapter 16?
4. What does Rhett declare he will revive in Chapter 26?
5. What does Rosemary confront Rhett about in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who does Scarlett go to stay with in Charleston? Who do Scarlett's hosts announce that they intend to visit? Why do people in Charleston have to walk everywhere?
2. What does Scarlett think of Eleanor Butler? How does Scarlett end up staying with Eleanor?
3. What prevents Scarlett from visiting her children at Christmas? What does she decide to do instead?
4. How does Scarlett earn Sally's respect in Chapter 15?
5. What does Scarlett arrange for India at her store in Chapter 6?
6. Why does Scarlett volunteer to chaperone Rosemary on a visit to Rhett's plantation?
7. In Chapter 14, how is the aloofness of the citizens of Charleston explained?
8. What does Ross do to Scarlett when he returns home one night after drinking? How does Scarlett react?
9. Where does Scarlett ask Rhett to take her in Chapter 29? In Chapter 30, what trouble do Scarlett and Rhett get into?
10. Where does Rhett tell Mrs. Cooper he will take Tommy? Where does he actually take Tommy?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)