|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
2. According to Rhett, what must Scarlett do to her clothes to fit in with Charleston society?
(a) She must do away with the trimming, lace and gold buttons.
(b) She must give them to the poor.
(c) She must wear clothes that are made of more expensive materials.
(d) She must keep up with the latest fashions.
3. What is the title of the second section of the novel?
(a) "High Stakes".
(b) "High Tides".
(c) "High Risk".
(d) "High Times".
4. Why does Scarlett spend a great deal of time with Middleton Courtney in Chapter 25?
(a) Middleton Courtney is a very wealthy man with a great deal of power.
(b) He owns property that she wishes to somehow get.
(c) To make Rhett jealous.
(d) His business savvy impresses her.
5. Where does Rhett take Tommy Cooper in Chapter 18?
(a) To his plantation to have a conversation.
(b) To a priest for confession.
(c) To Scarlett so she can give him a lecture.
(d) A house of prostitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story involving criminal behavior does Scarlett hear in Chapter 16?
2. What is Tara?
3. What does Scarlett arrange for India in Chapter 6?
4. What must Rhett help Scarlett do before she will agree to leave Charleston?
5. What does Rhett tell Scarlett he will stop doing if she remains in Charleston?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reasons does Rhett tell Rosemary he must get away from Scarlett?
2. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
3. Who is missing from the party that greets Scarlett at Tara?
4. What gives Scarlett an opportunity to contact her estranged husband, Rhett?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Scarlett ask Suellen not to gossip about to others?
6. In Chapter 18, what does Rhett offer Scarlett to get her to leave Charleston? When does Scarlett agree to leave?
7. What is Scarlett's response when Eleanor asks her if she wants another child?
8. In Chapter 3, what is preventing repairs from being done at Tara? For what reason does Scarlett offer to pay Suellen a stipend?
9. In Chapter 6, what makes Scarlett think Ashley's business is in trouble? What does she decide to do to help him?
10. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)