|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joe Colton?
(a) An attorney.
(b) A priest.
(c) An architect.
(d) A contractor.
2. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
(a) The Confederate Home for Wounded Soldiers.
(b) The Confederate Home for the Homeless.
(c) The Confederate Home for Widows and Orphans.
(d) The Confederate Home for the Rebuilding of Charleston.
3. Who does the tiny grave belong to in Chapter 1?
(a) Melanie's daughter.
(b) Scarlett's nephew.
(c) Scarlett's son.
(d) Scarlett's daughter.
4. What does Rhett agree to do with Scarlett in Chapter 29?
(a) Go sailing.
(b) Visit their children.
(c) Visit her grandfather.
(d) Plan her business.
5. Who is Suellen?
(a) Scarlett's sister.
(b) Scarlett's best friend.
(c) Scarlett's sister-in-law.
(d) Scarlett's tenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the residents of Charleston walk everywhere?
2. How does Middleton's wife react to his budding romance with Scarlett?
3. What is Rhett growing on his plantation in Chapter 17?
4. What reminds Scarlett of Tara in Chapter 22?
5. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's budding romance with Middleton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Scarlett ask Rhett to take her in Chapter 29? In Chapter 30, what trouble do Scarlett and Rhett get into?
2. Who is missing from the party that greets Scarlett at Tara?
3. What rule is there in Scarlett's grandfather's house during Lent? How does Scarlett get around the rule?
4. What do Maureen and Scarlett share stories about in Chapter 43?
5. For what reasons does Rhett tell Rosemary he must get away from Scarlett?
6. In Chapter 65, what plans does Scarlett make for the future?
7. What does Scarlett's grandfather offer her in Chapter 42, and under what conditions?
8. Why does Maureen laugh about Scarlett's grandfather ruining his birthday dinner?
9. In Chapter 4, what does Scarlett ask Suellen not to gossip about to others?
10. What does Mrs. Montague say she can do for Scarlett in Chapter 75?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)