|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sally have little doubt of in Chapter 12?
(a) That Scarlett is in love with Rhett.
(b) That Scarlett has a plan to get Rhett back.
(c) That Rhett despises Scarlett.
(d) That Scarlett is a fiery figure.
2. Who does the tiny grave belong to in Chapter 1?
(a) Scarlett's son.
(b) Melanie's daughter.
(c) Scarlett's nephew.
(d) Scarlett's daughter.
3. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
(a) The Confederate Home for Widows and Orphans.
(b) The Confederate Home for the Rebuilding of Charleston.
(c) The Confederate Home for Wounded Soldiers.
(d) The Confederate Home for the Homeless.
4. How does Scarlett earn Sally Brewton's respect?
(a) By cooking a delicious meal for her.
(b) By buying food for the homeless.
(c) By talking back to her.
(d) By teaching her something about onions.
5. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She ignores Bill Weller.
(b) She cries by herself in the bathroom.
(c) She throws a vase at the wall.
(d) She throws out her party guests.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Rhett, what must Scarlett do to her clothes to fit in with Charleston society?
2. What is the title of the second section of the novel?
3. Where do Eleanor and Scarlett go after waking early in Chapter 11?
4. What must Suellen do if Scarlett were to pay her a stipend?
5. Who is Joe Colton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett think of Eleanor Butler? How does Scarlett end up staying with Eleanor?
2. What prevents Scarlett from visiting her children at Christmas? What does she decide to do instead?
3. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Scarlett ask Suellen not to gossip about to others?
5. Where does Rhett tell Mrs. Cooper he will take Tommy? Where does he actually take Tommy?
6. How does Scarlett earn Sally's respect in Chapter 15?
7. What does Scarlett arrange for India at her store in Chapter 6?
8. In Chapter 10, who does Scarlett go to stay with in Charleston? Who do Scarlett's hosts announce that they intend to visit? Why do people in Charleston have to walk everywhere?
9. In Chapter 6, what makes Scarlett think Ashley's business is in trouble? What does she decide to do to help him?
10. What gives Scarlett an opportunity to contact her estranged husband, Rhett?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)