|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarlett leave her maid behind at Tara?
(a) To save money.
(b) To teach another maid how to arrange her daughter's hair.
(c) So she can conduct her business in private.
(d) To improve her skills.
2. Where do Rhett and Scarlett stop on their return to Charleston in Chapter 17?
(a) Rhett's phosphate mine.
(b) Rhett's cottage.
(c) A church.
(d) A hotel.
3. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
(d) Her father.
4. What does Scarlett ask Eleanor for help in convincing Rhett of in Chapter 11?
(a) That he should lend her money.
(b) That Rhett should return to Atlanta.
(c) That another baby is a good idea.
(d) That Rhett should forgive her.
5. When Scarlett finds Ashley's house closed up in Chapter 5, where does she go to find him?
(a) At his family home in South Carolina.
(b) Aunt Pittypat's house.
(c) His cottage in Savannah.
(d) At his sister's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sheba?
2. Why are all outsiders no longer welcomed in Charleston?
3. What does Rhett agree to do with Scarlett in Chapter 29?
4. How does Sam Forrest know Scarlett?
5. Who does Scarlett dress as at the masquerade ball in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
2. What gives Scarlett an opportunity to contact her estranged husband, Rhett?
3. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
4. What disgusts Scarlett about the plantation Rhett is running? What potential does Scarlett see at Rhett's phosphate mine?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Scarlett ask Suellen not to gossip about to others?
6. What is Scarlett's response when Eleanor asks her if she wants another child?
7. For what reasons does Rhett tell Rosemary he must get away from Scarlett?
8. What causes Scarlett to leave Tara in Chapter 4? Why does she leave Pansy behind?
9. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
10. In Chapter 26, what does Scarlett agree to leave Charleston and Rhett in return for?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)