|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reminds Scarlett of Tara in Chapter 22?
(a) Miss Paulette Waverley's plantation.
(b) Miss Valerie Compton's plantation.
(c) Miss Denise Loughlin's plantation.
(d) Miss Julia Ashley's plantation.
2. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She throws out her party guests.
(b) She cries by herself in the bathroom.
(c) She ignores Bill Weller.
(d) She throws a vase at the wall.
3. How does Middleton's wife react to his budding romance with Scarlett?
(a) She is completely and utterly mortified.
(b) She is accepting of it.
(c) She is upset.
(d) She is indifferent.
4. What does Rhett declare he will revive in Chapter 26?
(a) His relationship with Scarlett.
(d) His gambling.
5. According to Rhett, when will he return to Charleston, as of Chapter 32?
(a) When Scarlett leaves Charleston.
(b) After a business trip in California.
(c) After he tours Northern America.
(d) When his children return to Charleston.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Eleanor, what do Scarlett and her grandmother have in common?
2. Why does an angry group of workers gather outside of Rhett's plantation in Chapter 23?
3. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
4. What do Scarlett and the family take to the Confederate Home in Chapter 21?
5. What is the name of Ashley's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what makes Scarlett think Ashley's business is in trouble? What does she decide to do to help him?
2. Who greets Rhett, Scarlett and Rosemary at the plantation in Chapter 23?
3. In Chapter 10, who does Scarlett go to stay with in Charleston? Who do Scarlett's hosts announce that they intend to visit? Why do people in Charleston have to walk everywhere?
4. In Chapter 26, what does Scarlett agree to leave Charleston and Rhett in return for?
5. What does Ross do to Scarlett when he returns home one night after drinking? How does Scarlett react?
6. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
7. What promises does Rhett make to Mammy before she dies? What does Rhett tell Scarlett after making his promises?
8. What causes Scarlett to leave Tara in Chapter 4? Why does she leave Pansy behind?
9. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
10. How does Scarlett earn Sally's respect in Chapter 15?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)