|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
(a) The Confederate Home for Widows and Orphans.
(b) The Confederate Home for Wounded Soldiers.
(c) The Confederate Home for the Rebuilding of Charleston.
(d) The Confederate Home for the Homeless.
2. What will Rosemary be touring soon, as of Chapter 22?
(d) South America.
3. What is Scarlett's impression of Eleanor Butler when she meets her for the first time?
(a) Rhett shares many of Eleanor's qualities.
(b) Scarlett is intrigued by her.
(c) Scarlett finds her distasteful.
(d) Scarlett immediately likes her.
4. What does Emma notice about Anne Hampton in Chapter 12?
(a) That she looks down on Scarlett.
(b) That she has been looking at Rhett with loving eyes.
(c) That she looks tired and forlorn.
(d) That she is thinner.
5. What does Scarlett realize she has to stop doing in Chapter 9?
(a) Waiting for Rhett.
(c) Helping Ashley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill Weller talk about which upsets Scarlett in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Scarlett dress as at the masquerade ball in Chapter 8?
3. According to Rhett, what must Scarlett do to her clothes to fit in with Charleston society?
4. Why do Rhett and Ross hide at Rhett's plantation in Chapter 19?
5. Why does Rhett demand to see Scarlett's clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Scarlett ask Suellen not to gossip about to others?
3. In Chapter 14, how is the aloofness of the citizens of Charleston explained?
4. What prevents Scarlett from visiting her children at Christmas? What does she decide to do instead?
5. What does Ross do to Scarlett when he returns home one night after drinking? How does Scarlett react?
6. What promises does Rhett make to Mammy before she dies? What does Rhett tell Scarlett after making his promises?
7. How does Scarlett earn Sally's respect in Chapter 15?
8. What gives Scarlett an opportunity to contact her estranged husband, Rhett?
9. What does Scarlett think of Eleanor Butler? How does Scarlett end up staying with Eleanor?
10. In Chapter 3, what is preventing repairs from being done at Tara? For what reason does Scarlett offer to pay Suellen a stipend?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)