|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scarlett go with her aunts in Chapter 16?
(a) To Rhett's plantation.
(b) To Scarlett's new business site.
(c) An orchard.
2. What does Scarlett decide to do to help Ashley's business in Chapter 6?
(a) Loan money to Ashley.
(b) Advertise his shop.
(c) Meet with some contacts.
(d) Build some houses.
3. What reminds Scarlett of Tara in Chapter 22?
(a) Miss Paulette Waverley's plantation.
(b) Miss Valerie Compton's plantation.
(c) Miss Julia Ashley's plantation.
(d) Miss Denise Loughlin's plantation.
4. What instruction has Rhett left at Scarlett's household in Atlanta in Chapter 5?
(a) To vacate the property as soon as possible.
(b) To stop doing business with the Wilkes'.
(c) To have her household bills paid by his attorneys.
(d) To meet him in Charleston immediately.
5. How does Scarlett earn Sally Brewton's respect?
(a) By cooking a delicious meal for her.
(b) By buying food for the homeless.
(c) By talking back to her.
(d) By teaching her something about onions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rhett visit Alicia Savage in Chapter 18?
2. How does Sam Forrest know Scarlett?
3. Why does Rhett demand to see Scarlett's clothes?
4. Why are all outsiders no longer welcomed in Charleston?
5. Why is Tara unable to be repaired in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
2. What causes Scarlett to leave Tara in Chapter 4? Why does she leave Pansy behind?
3. What does Rhett advise Scarlett to do if she wants to fit in in Charleston?
4. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
5. What promises does Rhett make to Mammy before she dies? What does Rhett tell Scarlett after making his promises?
6. In Chapter 18, what does Rhett offer Scarlett to get her to leave Charleston? When does Scarlett agree to leave?
7. In Chapter 10, who does Scarlett go to stay with in Charleston? Who do Scarlett's hosts announce that they intend to visit? Why do people in Charleston have to walk everywhere?
8. Why does Scarlett volunteer to chaperone Rosemary on a visit to Rhett's plantation?
9. What is Scarlett's response when Eleanor asks her if she wants another child?
10. In Chapter 14, how is the aloofness of the citizens of Charleston explained?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)