|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Rhett help Scarlett do before she will agree to leave Charleston?
(a) Rebuild Tara.
(b) Convince Ashley to sell his company to her.
(c) Buy back the one-third interest in Tara which the convent owns.
(d) Become pregnant.
2. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
3. Why does an angry group of workers gather outside of Rhett's plantation in Chapter 23?
(a) To gain a more flexible working schedule.
(b) In an attempt to get higher wages.
(c) To seek better living accomodation.
(d) To discuss how to improve safety while on the job.
4. What reminds Scarlett of Tara in Chapter 22?
(a) Miss Valerie Compton's plantation.
(b) Miss Paulette Waverley's plantation.
(c) Miss Denise Loughlin's plantation.
(d) Miss Julia Ashley's plantation.
5. Who does Scarlett dress as at the masquerade ball in Chapter 8?
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) The Queen of Hearts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Scarlett and the family take to the Confederate Home in Chapter 21?
2. According to Rhett, what must Scarlett do to her clothes to fit in with Charleston society?
3. What does Scarlett realize she has to stop doing in Chapter 9?
4. What does Rhett declare he will revive in Chapter 26?
5. Where do Rhett and Scarlett stop on their return to Charleston in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Montague say she can do for Scarlett in Chapter 75?
2. Who is missing from the party that greets Scarlett at Tara?
3. In Chapter 10, who does Scarlett go to stay with in Charleston? Who do Scarlett's hosts announce that they intend to visit? Why do people in Charleston have to walk everywhere?
4. What makes Scarlett tear up in Chapter 35?
5. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
6. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54? What needs to be done in preparation for Scarlett's grandmother's birthday?
7. How does Scarlett earn respect in the community when she returns to Ireland?
8. In Chapter 6, what makes Scarlett think Ashley's business is in trouble? What does she decide to do to help him?
9. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
10. What do Maureen and Scarlett share stories about in Chapter 43?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)