|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarlett spend a great deal of time with Middleton Courtney in Chapter 25?
(a) He owns property that she wishes to somehow get.
(b) Middleton Courtney is a very wealthy man with a great deal of power.
(c) To make Rhett jealous.
(d) His business savvy impresses her.
2. What city does Scarlett live in in Chapter 1?
(a) New Orleans.
3. What does Scarlett arrange for India in Chapter 6?
(a) A ride to the neighboring town.
(b) A credit account at her store.
(c) A care package for her ill mother.
(d) A job for her son at Scarlett's store.
4. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
(a) She does not get along with Suellen.
(b) She has to tend to her business matters.
(c) She can't stand the noise the children make.
(d) She misses her family in Charleston.
5. Who forces a kiss on Scarlett in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instruction has Rhett left at Scarlett's household in Atlanta in Chapter 5?
2. What does Joe Colleton tell Ashley is the reason for Scarlett's visit to the building site in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Scarlett agree to be Rosemary's chaperone in Chapter 22?
4. Who does Scarlett dress as at the masquerade ball in Chapter 8?
5. Why does Scarlett try to stop someone from throwing himself in a grave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
2. What causes Scarlett to leave Tara in Chapter 4? Why does she leave Pansy behind?
3. In Chapter 14, how is the aloofness of the citizens of Charleston explained?
4. What prevents Scarlett from visiting her children at Christmas? What does she decide to do instead?
5. Who is missing from the party that greets Scarlett at Tara?
6. In Chapter 18, what does Rhett offer Scarlett to get her to leave Charleston? When does Scarlett agree to leave?
7. What promises does Rhett make to Mammy before she dies? What does Rhett tell Scarlett after making his promises?
8. What does Scarlett arrange for India at her store in Chapter 6?
9. In Chapter 10, who does Scarlett go to stay with in Charleston? Who do Scarlett's hosts announce that they intend to visit? Why do people in Charleston have to walk everywhere?
10. Where does Rhett tell Mrs. Cooper he will take Tommy? Where does he actually take Tommy?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)