|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarlett leave her maid behind at Tara?
(a) To improve her skills.
(b) To save money.
(c) To teach another maid how to arrange her daughter's hair.
(d) So she can conduct her business in private.
2. What does Emma notice about Anne Hampton in Chapter 12?
(a) That she has been looking at Rhett with loving eyes.
(b) That she is thinner.
(c) That she looks tired and forlorn.
(d) That she looks down on Scarlett.
3. Whose grave site does Scarlett visit in Chapter 1?
(b) Her father's.
(d) Her mother's.
4. Why is Scarlett unable to visit her children at Christmas in Chapter 8?
(a) She is ill.
(b) They have chickenpox.
(c) Rhett will not allow her to.
(d) She has business in Atlanta.
5. What story involving criminal behavior does Scarlett hear in Chapter 16?
(a) A story about a pair of criminals posing as a married couple.
(b) A story about a young orphan running off with Yankee weapons.
(c) A story of a wounded soldier who steals from the Yankees.
(d) A story of a Yankee soldier breaking into women's bedrooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tara?
2. Why does Rhett visit Alicia Savage in Chapter 18?
3. Who is Will Benteen?
4. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
5. What does Scarlett know nothing about while at the market in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rule is there in Scarlett's grandfather's house during Lent? How does Scarlett get around the rule?
2. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
3. Who is missing from the party that greets Scarlett at Tara?
4. What do Maureen and Scarlett share stories about in Chapter 43?
5. What causes a stir in Chapter 58?
6. What does Scarlett learn has happened to Cat in Chapter 87?
7. How does Scarlett earn Sally's respect in Chapter 15?
8. Why does Scarlett volunteer to chaperone Rosemary on a visit to Rhett's plantation?
9. Where does Scarlett ask Rhett to take her in Chapter 29? In Chapter 30, what trouble do Scarlett and Rhett get into?
10. What does Scarlett give to Colum when they arrive in Ireland?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)