|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rhett call Scarlett a barbarian in Chapter 17?
(a) Because she shows little interest in their children.
(b) Because she threatens to take their children far away.
(c) Because of her attitude toward his plantation's crop.
(d) Because she threatens to spread rumors about Rhett.
2. According to Eleanor, what do Scarlett and her grandmother have in common?
(a) They both broke a man's heart.
(b) They both seem "more alive" than most people.
(c) They both have very small waists.
(d) They are both extremely self-centered.
3. Why does Scarlett agree to be Rosemary's chaperone in Chapter 22?
(a) Scarlett wishes to bond with Rosemary.
(b) Scarlett believes she will be able to be alone with Rhett.
(c) Scarlett wants an excuse to get out of the house.
(d) Scarlett wishes to clear up a misunderstanding with Rosemary.
4. What does Scarlett realize she has to stop doing in Chapter 9?
(b) Helping Ashley.
(c) Waiting for Rhett.
5. What does Emma notice about Anne Hampton in Chapter 12?
(a) That she looks tired and forlorn.
(b) That she is thinner.
(c) That she has been looking at Rhett with loving eyes.
(d) That she looks down on Scarlett.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Scarlett finds Ashley's house closed up in Chapter 5, where does she go to find him?
2. What does Scarlett ask Eleanor for help in convincing Rhett of in Chapter 11?
3. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
4. What is Scarlett's impression of Eleanor Butler when she meets her for the first time?
5. What does Rhett offer Scarlett to leave Charleston in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 18, what does Rhett offer Scarlett to get her to leave Charleston? When does Scarlett agree to leave?
2. What promises does Rhett make to Mammy before she dies? What does Rhett tell Scarlett after making his promises?
3. In Chapter 4, what does Scarlett ask Suellen not to gossip about to others?
4. What prevents Scarlett from visiting her children at Christmas? What does she decide to do instead?
5. What is Scarlett's response when Eleanor asks her if she wants another child?
6. In Chapter 14, how is the aloofness of the citizens of Charleston explained?
7. Where does Scarlett ask Rhett to take her in Chapter 29? In Chapter 30, what trouble do Scarlett and Rhett get into?
8. What does Ross do to Scarlett when he returns home one night after drinking? How does Scarlett react?
9. What does Scarlett think of Eleanor Butler? How does Scarlett end up staying with Eleanor?
10. In Chapter 3, what is preventing repairs from being done at Tara? For what reason does Scarlett offer to pay Suellen a stipend?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)