|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Eleanor, what do Scarlett and her grandmother have in common?
(a) They both have very small waists.
(b) They both seem "more alive" than most people.
(c) They both broke a man's heart.
(d) They are both extremely self-centered.
2. Why does Scarlett spend a great deal of time with Middleton Courtney in Chapter 25?
(a) To make Rhett jealous.
(b) Middleton Courtney is a very wealthy man with a great deal of power.
(c) He owns property that she wishes to somehow get.
(d) His business savvy impresses her.
3. Why are all outsiders no longer welcomed in Charleston?
(a) The locals have been put off by northerners who occupy the city.
(b) There is a murderer loose.
(c) There is the chance of a plague.
(d) There is an initiative taking place aiming to rebuild Charleston's culture.
4. What reminds Scarlett of Tara in Chapter 22?
(a) Miss Denise Loughlin's plantation.
(b) Miss Paulette Waverley's plantation.
(c) Miss Valerie Compton's plantation.
(d) Miss Julia Ashley's plantation.
5. What does Scarlett realize she has to stop doing in Chapter 9?
(a) Helping Ashley.
(d) Waiting for Rhett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scarlett go when she first arrives in Charleston in Chapter 10?
2. How does Scarlett earn Sally Brewton's respect?
3. Who forces a kiss on Scarlett in Chapter 13?
4. How does Middleton's wife react to his budding romance with Scarlett?
5. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Scarlett ask Rhett to take her in Chapter 29? In Chapter 30, what trouble do Scarlett and Rhett get into?
2. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
3. What promises does Rhett make to Mammy before she dies? What does Rhett tell Scarlett after making his promises?
4. What does Scarlett arrange for India at her store in Chapter 6?
5. How does Scarlett earn Sally's respect in Chapter 15?
6. What does Scarlett think of Eleanor Butler? How does Scarlett end up staying with Eleanor?
7. What does Ross do to Scarlett when he returns home one night after drinking? How does Scarlett react?
8. In Chapter 10, who does Scarlett go to stay with in Charleston? Who do Scarlett's hosts announce that they intend to visit? Why do people in Charleston have to walk everywhere?
9. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
10. What gives Scarlett an opportunity to contact her estranged husband, Rhett?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)