Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma notice about Anne Hampton in Chapter 12?
(a) That she has been looking at Rhett with loving eyes.
(b) That she looks tired and forlorn.
(c) That she is thinner.
(d) That she looks down on Scarlett.
2. How does Scarlett earn Sally Brewton's respect?
(a) By buying food for the homeless.
(b) By cooking a delicious meal for her.
(c) By teaching her something about onions.
(d) By talking back to her.
3. When Scarlett finds Ashley's house closed up in Chapter 5, where does she go to find him?
(a) At his sister's home.
(b) His cottage in Savannah.
(c) At his family home in South Carolina.
(d) Aunt Pittypat's house.
4. Why is Tara unable to be repaired in Chapter 3?
(a) There are no workers to hire.
(b) The Yankees will not allow repairs to be done.
(c) There is no money to pay the workers.
(d) Tara is beyond repair.
5. Why do Rhett and Ross hide at Rhett's plantation in Chapter 19?
(a) Rhett's mother is forcing him to reconcile with Scarlett.
(b) Ross has shot a Yankee.
(c) Rhett has spread rumors about a powerful Yankee.
(d) Rhett is trying to get away from Scarlett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rhett demand to see Scarlett's clothes?
2. Why does Scarlett spend a great deal of time with Middleton Courtney in Chapter 25?
3. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's presence in Chapter 11?
4. What does Rhett declare he will revive in Chapter 26?
5. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 51, what does Scarlett hate about the guests at the party thrown in her honor?
2. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
3. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
4. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54? What needs to be done in preparation for Scarlett's grandmother's birthday?
5. In Chapter 6, what makes Scarlett think Ashley's business is in trouble? What does she decide to do to help him?
6. What upsets Colum in Chapter 77?
7. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do about her relationship with Rhett in Chapter 44?
8. How does Rhett feel about Scarlett's presence in Charleston? Why does he say he won't ask her to leave?
9. Where do Scarlett and Rhett go looking for Cat after the shootings? Why are the farmers afraid to go inside?
10. In Chapter 54, what has Scarlett's pregnancy led her to believe?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)