|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rhett call Scarlett a barbarian in Chapter 17?
(a) Because she threatens to take their children far away.
(b) Because of her attitude toward his plantation's crop.
(c) Because she threatens to spread rumors about Rhett.
(d) Because she shows little interest in their children.
2. What does Rosemary suggest about Scarlett that Rhett dismisses in Chapter 20?
(a) That Scarlett is misunderstood.
(b) That Scarlett is still in love with him.
(c) That Scarlett has a plan to win him back.
(d) That Scarlett might mature.
3. Who is Will Benteen?
(a) Scarlett's uncle.
(b) Scarlett's husband.
(c) Scarlett's brother.
(d) Scarlett's brother-in-law.
4. Who is Sister Mary Joseph?
(a) Scarlett's mentor.
(b) Scarlett's aunt.
(c) Scarlett's cousin.
(d) Scarlett's sister.
5. What instruction has Rhett left at Scarlett's household in Atlanta in Chapter 5?
(a) To have her household bills paid by his attorneys.
(b) To stop doing business with the Wilkes'.
(c) To meet him in Charleston immediately.
(d) To vacate the property as soon as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett decide to do to help Ashley's business in Chapter 6?
2. According to Eleanor, what do Scarlett and her grandmother have in common?
3. What does Sally have little doubt of in Chapter 12?
4. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
5. Where do Rhett and Scarlett stop on their return to Charleston in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what is preventing repairs from being done at Tara? For what reason does Scarlett offer to pay Suellen a stipend?
2. In Chapter 51, what does Scarlett hate about the guests at the party thrown in her honor?
3. In Chapter 4, what does Scarlett ask Suellen not to gossip about to others?
4. In Chapter 10, who does Scarlett go to stay with in Charleston? Who do Scarlett's hosts announce that they intend to visit? Why do people in Charleston have to walk everywhere?
5. What does Rhett advise Scarlett to do if she wants to fit in in Charleston?
6. In Chapter 6, what makes Scarlett think Ashley's business is in trouble? What does she decide to do to help him?
7. How does Rhett feel about Scarlett's presence in Charleston? Why does he say he won't ask her to leave?
8. What makes Scarlett tear up in Chapter 35?
9. What causes Scarlett to leave Tara in Chapter 4? Why does she leave Pansy behind?
10. Why does Scarlett set out to make the Earl of Fenton fall in love with her? Why does Luke want to marry Scarlett?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)