|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sister Mary Joseph?
(a) Scarlett's cousin.
(b) Scarlett's sister.
(c) Scarlett's mentor.
(d) Scarlett's aunt.
2. According to Eleanor, what do Scarlett and her grandmother have in common?
(a) They both broke a man's heart.
(b) They are both extremely self-centered.
(c) They both have very small waists.
(d) They both seem "more alive" than most people.
3. Where does Scarlett go with her aunts in Chapter 16?
(b) To Rhett's plantation.
(c) To Scarlett's new business site.
(d) An orchard.
4. Who is Sheba?
(a) A crazy elderly woman.
(b) Scarlett's maid.
(c) Rhett's old flame.
(d) A famous seamstress.
5. Where does Scarlett go when she first arrives in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) Her sister's home.
(b) Her aunts' home.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Rhett's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose grave site does Scarlett visit in Chapter 1?
2. What does Scarlett learn while visiting Henry Hamilton's office in Chapter 5?
3. What is Rhett growing on his plantation in Chapter 17?
4. What does Rhett agree to do with Scarlett in Chapter 29?
5. What is the title of the second section of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Scarlett earn Sally's respect in Chapter 15?
2. What does Scarlett arrange for India at her store in Chapter 6?
3. What does Scarlett think of Eleanor Butler? How does Scarlett end up staying with Eleanor?
4. What prevents Scarlett from visiting her children at Christmas? What does she decide to do instead?
5. In Chapter 3, what is preventing repairs from being done at Tara? For what reason does Scarlett offer to pay Suellen a stipend?
6. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
7. In Chapter 14, how is the aloofness of the citizens of Charleston explained?
8. In Chapter 18, what does Rhett offer Scarlett to get her to leave Charleston? When does Scarlett agree to leave?
9. What promises does Rhett make to Mammy before she dies? What does Rhett tell Scarlett after making his promises?
10. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)