|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's presence in Chapter 11?
(a) He is overjoyed.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is angered.
(d) He is indifferent.
2. What indicates to Scarlett that Ashley's lumber business is in trouble in Chapter 6?
(a) The stock is marked down a great deal.
(b) There is too much stock.
(c) Ashley is disinterested in the business.
(d) Another lumber business has opened.
3. Where do Rhett and Scarlett stop on their return to Charleston in Chapter 17?
(a) A church.
(b) Rhett's cottage.
(c) Rhett's phosphate mine.
(d) A hotel.
4. When Scarlett finds Ashley's house closed up in Chapter 5, where does she go to find him?
(a) At his family home in South Carolina.
(b) Aunt Pittypat's house.
(c) His cottage in Savannah.
(d) At his sister's home.
5. Why are all outsiders no longer welcomed in Charleston?
(a) There is the chance of a plague.
(b) There is a murderer loose.
(c) There is an initiative taking place aiming to rebuild Charleston's culture.
(d) The locals have been put off by northerners who occupy the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rhett agree to do with Scarlett in Chapter 29?
2. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's budding romance with Middleton?
3. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
4. What is the title of the second section of the novel?
5. What city does Scarlett live in in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
2. What does Mrs. Montague say she can do for Scarlett in Chapter 75?
3. What does Scarlett find out when she goes to the store run by her uncles, James and Andrew?
4. What does Scarlett arrange for India at her store in Chapter 6?
5. What prevents Scarlett from visiting her children at Christmas? What does she decide to do instead?
6. Who does Scarlett encounter at the Drogheda fair?
7. In Chapter 65, what plans does Scarlett make for the future?
8. In Chapter 10, who does Scarlett go to stay with in Charleston? Who do Scarlett's hosts announce that they intend to visit? Why do people in Charleston have to walk everywhere?
9. What do Maureen and Scarlett share stories about in Chapter 43?
10. What makes Scarlett tear up in Chapter 35?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)