|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rhett in Chapter 16?
(a) New York.
(c) His plantation.
(d) His family home.
2. What does Rhett declare he will revive in Chapter 26?
(c) His gambling.
(d) His relationship with Scarlett.
3. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
(a) The Confederate Home for Wounded Soldiers.
(b) The Confederate Home for the Homeless.
(c) The Confederate Home for the Rebuilding of Charleston.
(d) The Confederate Home for Widows and Orphans.
4. Why does an angry group of workers gather outside of Rhett's plantation in Chapter 23?
(a) In an attempt to get higher wages.
(b) To seek better living accomodation.
(c) To gain a more flexible working schedule.
(d) To discuss how to improve safety while on the job.
5. Who is dying at the end of Chapter 1?
(c) Scarlett's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Scarlett unable to visit her children at Christmas in Chapter 8?
2. What indicates to Scarlett that Ashley's lumber business is in trouble in Chapter 6?
3. How does Scarlett react to the kiss forced upon her in Chapter 13?
4. Why does Rhett call Scarlett a barbarian in Chapter 17?
5. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reasons does Rhett tell Rosemary he must get away from Scarlett?
2. In Chapter 26, what does Scarlett agree to leave Charleston and Rhett in return for?
3. What does Rhett advise Scarlett to do if she wants to fit in in Charleston?
4. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
5. What does Ross do to Scarlett when he returns home one night after drinking? How does Scarlett react?
6. In Chapter 6, what makes Scarlett think Ashley's business is in trouble? What does she decide to do to help him?
7. What is Scarlett's response when Eleanor asks her if she wants another child?
8. In Chapter 4, what does Scarlett ask Suellen not to gossip about to others?
9. What disgusts Scarlett about the plantation Rhett is running? What potential does Scarlett see at Rhett's phosphate mine?
10. What prevents Scarlett from visiting her children at Christmas? What does she decide to do instead?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)