|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarlett leave her maid behind at Tara?
(a) To improve her skills.
(b) To save money.
(c) To teach another maid how to arrange her daughter's hair.
(d) So she can conduct her business in private.
2. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's presence in Chapter 11?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is angered.
(c) He is overjoyed.
(d) He is shocked.
3. What does Scarlett notice a high number of upon her arrival in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) Wounded ex-soldiers.
(b) Yankee soldiers.
(c) Vacant houses.
(d) Homeless people.
4. Who is Sister Mary Joseph?
(a) Scarlett's mentor.
(b) Scarlett's aunt.
(c) Scarlett's cousin.
(d) Scarlett's sister.
5. Why do the residents of Charleston walk everywhere?
(a) There are no carriages available.
(b) The Yankees do not allow the use of carriages.
(c) It is better for one's health.
(d) The streets are covered in rubble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Scarlett and the family take to the Confederate Home in Chapter 21?
2. Why does Scarlett begin receiving many invitations in Chapter 16?
3. Who does Scarlett dress as at the masquerade ball in Chapter 8?
4. What must Rhett help Scarlett do before she will agree to leave Charleston?
5. What does Scarlett note about the house she attends a ball at in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
2. What does Ross do to Scarlett when he returns home one night after drinking? How does Scarlett react?
3. What is Scarlett's response when Eleanor asks her if she wants another child?
4. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Scarlett volunteer to chaperone Rosemary on a visit to Rhett's plantation?
6. What causes Scarlett to leave Tara in Chapter 4? Why does she leave Pansy behind?
7. For what reasons does Rhett tell Rosemary he must get away from Scarlett?
8. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
9. How does Rhett feel about Scarlett's presence in Charleston? Why does he say he won't ask her to leave?
10. In Chapter 18, what does Rhett offer Scarlett to get her to leave Charleston? When does Scarlett agree to leave?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)