|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rhett pick up from the train station in Chapter 19?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
2. How does Scarlett react to the kiss forced upon her in Chapter 13?
(a) She reciprocates the kiss.
(b) She faints.
(c) She laughs it off.
(d) She is horrified.
3. What does Rhett offer Scarlett to leave Charleston in Chapter 18?
(a) The deed on his house.
(b) He agrees to not divorce her if she leaves.
(c) Half a million dollars in gold.
(d) One more night together.
4. What does Scarlett arrange for India in Chapter 6?
(a) A credit account at her store.
(b) A ride to the neighboring town.
(c) A job for her son at Scarlett's store.
(d) A care package for her ill mother.
5. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She throws a vase at the wall.
(b) She throws out her party guests.
(c) She ignores Bill Weller.
(d) She cries by herself in the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Scarlett's store?
2. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
3. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
4. What does Emma notice about Anne Hampton in Chapter 12?
5. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's presence in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Rhett tell Mrs. Cooper he will take Tommy? Where does he actually take Tommy?
2. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
3. What prevents Scarlett from visiting her children at Christmas? What does she decide to do instead?
4. In Chapter 26, what does Scarlett agree to leave Charleston and Rhett in return for?
5. What gives Scarlett an opportunity to contact her estranged husband, Rhett?
6. In Chapter 18, what does Rhett offer Scarlett to get her to leave Charleston? When does Scarlett agree to leave?
7. What does Rhett advise Scarlett to do if she wants to fit in in Charleston?
8. In Chapter 14, how is the aloofness of the citizens of Charleston explained?
9. What does Scarlett think of Eleanor Butler? How does Scarlett end up staying with Eleanor?
10. What does Ross do to Scarlett when he returns home one night after drinking? How does Scarlett react?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)