|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instruction has Rhett left at Scarlett's household in Atlanta in Chapter 5?
(a) To have her household bills paid by his attorneys.
(b) To meet him in Charleston immediately.
(c) To stop doing business with the Wilkes'.
(d) To vacate the property as soon as possible.
2. Who is Sheba?
(a) Rhett's old flame.
(b) Scarlett's maid.
(c) A famous seamstress.
(d) A crazy elderly woman.
3. What does Scarlett know nothing about while at the market in Chapter 15?
(a) The vegetables and fruits.
(b) The various ocean fish.
(c) How to barter for a better price.
(d) The red meats.
4. Who is Will Benteen?
(a) Scarlett's brother.
(b) Scarlett's husband.
(c) Scarlett's brother-in-law.
(d) Scarlett's uncle.
5. Where does Scarlett go when she first arrives in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) Her aunts' home.
(b) Rhett's house.
(c) Her sister's home.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What indicates to Scarlett that Ashley's lumber business is in trouble in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Scarlett leave her maid behind at Tara?
3. What is Rhett growing on his plantation in Chapter 17?
4. What must Rhett help Scarlett do before she will agree to leave Charleston?
5. What will Rosemary be touring soon, as of Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is missing from the party that greets Scarlett at Tara?
2. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
3. What does Rhett advise Scarlett to do if she wants to fit in in Charleston?
4. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
5. What is Scarlett's response when Eleanor asks her if she wants another child?
6. For what reasons does Rhett tell Rosemary he must get away from Scarlett?
7. Why does Scarlett volunteer to chaperone Rosemary on a visit to Rhett's plantation?
8. In Chapter 10, who does Scarlett go to stay with in Charleston? Who do Scarlett's hosts announce that they intend to visit? Why do people in Charleston have to walk everywhere?
9. What disgusts Scarlett about the plantation Rhett is running? What potential does Scarlett see at Rhett's phosphate mine?
10. In Chapter 26, what does Scarlett agree to leave Charleston and Rhett in return for?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)