|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Scarlett live in in Chapter 1?
(b) New Orleans.
2. Why does Scarlett spend a great deal of time with Middleton Courtney in Chapter 25?
(a) Middleton Courtney is a very wealthy man with a great deal of power.
(b) To make Rhett jealous.
(c) His business savvy impresses her.
(d) He owns property that she wishes to somehow get.
3. What does Rosemary suggest about Scarlett that Rhett dismisses in Chapter 20?
(a) That Scarlett is misunderstood.
(b) That Scarlett has a plan to win him back.
(c) That Scarlett is still in love with him.
(d) That Scarlett might mature.
4. Who does the tiny grave belong to in Chapter 1?
(a) Scarlett's nephew.
(b) Scarlett's son.
(c) Scarlett's daughter.
(d) Melanie's daughter.
5. What does Rhett tell Scarlett he will stop doing if she remains in Charleston?
(a) Paying her bills.
(b) Helping her with her business.
(c) Protecting her good name.
(d) Speaking to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tara?
2. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's budding romance with Middleton?
3. Why does an angry group of workers gather outside of Rhett's plantation in Chapter 23?
4. What is the name of Ashley's son?
5. What indicates to Scarlett that Ashley's lumber business is in trouble in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Scarlett volunteer to chaperone Rosemary on a visit to Rhett's plantation?
3. How does Scarlett earn Sally's respect in Chapter 15?
4. Where does Rhett tell Mrs. Cooper he will take Tommy? Where does he actually take Tommy?
5. What causes Scarlett to leave Tara in Chapter 4? Why does she leave Pansy behind?
6. What does Rhett advise Scarlett to do if she wants to fit in in Charleston?
7. What prevents Scarlett from visiting her children at Christmas? What does she decide to do instead?
8. Who is missing from the party that greets Scarlett at Tara?
9. What disgusts Scarlett about the plantation Rhett is running? What potential does Scarlett see at Rhett's phosphate mine?
10. In Chapter 26, what does Scarlett agree to leave Charleston and Rhett in return for?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)