|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sheba?
(a) Rhett's old flame.
(b) A crazy elderly woman.
(c) Scarlett's maid.
(d) A famous seamstress.
2. Why does Rhett call Scarlett a barbarian in Chapter 17?
(a) Because she shows little interest in their children.
(b) Because she threatens to spread rumors about Rhett.
(c) Because she threatens to take their children far away.
(d) Because of her attitude toward his plantation's crop.
3. What does Scarlett ask Eleanor for help in convincing Rhett of in Chapter 11?
(a) That he should lend her money.
(b) That Rhett should return to Atlanta.
(c) That Rhett should forgive her.
(d) That another baby is a good idea.
4. What is Scarlett's impression of Eleanor Butler when she meets her for the first time?
(a) Scarlett finds her distasteful.
(b) Scarlett is intrigued by her.
(c) Scarlett immediately likes her.
(d) Rhett shares many of Eleanor's qualities.
5. Where does Scarlett go when she first arrives in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) Rhett's house.
(b) Her sister's home.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Her aunts' home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Rhett help Scarlett do before she will agree to leave Charleston?
2. What do Scarlett and the family take to the Confederate Home in Chapter 21?
3. Why does Scarlett begin receiving many invitations in Chapter 16?
4. What reminds Scarlett of Tara in Chapter 22?
5. What is the title of the second section of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rhett advise Scarlett to do if she wants to fit in in Charleston?
2. In Chapter 6, what makes Scarlett think Ashley's business is in trouble? What does she decide to do to help him?
3. What promises does Rhett make to Mammy before she dies? What does Rhett tell Scarlett after making his promises?
4. How does Rhett feel about Scarlett's presence in Charleston? Why does he say he won't ask her to leave?
5. For what reasons does Rhett tell Rosemary he must get away from Scarlett?
6. In Chapter 26, what does Scarlett agree to leave Charleston and Rhett in return for?
7. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
8. In Chapter 3, what is preventing repairs from being done at Tara? For what reason does Scarlett offer to pay Suellen a stipend?
9. What is Scarlett's response when Eleanor asks her if she wants another child?
10. What does Scarlett arrange for India at her store in Chapter 6?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)