|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarlett's impression of Eleanor Butler when she meets her for the first time?
(a) Rhett shares many of Eleanor's qualities.
(b) Scarlett finds her distasteful.
(c) Scarlett is intrigued by her.
(d) Scarlett immediately likes her.
2. Where is Rhett in Chapter 16?
(b) His plantation.
(c) New York.
(d) His family home.
3. What does Scarlett decide to do to help Ashley's business in Chapter 6?
(a) Loan money to Ashley.
(b) Advertise his shop.
(c) Build some houses.
(d) Meet with some contacts.
4. Who is Suellen?
(a) Scarlett's sister.
(b) Scarlett's best friend.
(c) Scarlett's sister-in-law.
(d) Scarlett's tenant.
5. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She throws a vase at the wall.
(b) She cries by herself in the bathroom.
(c) She ignores Bill Weller.
(d) She throws out her party guests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
2. What does Scarlett notice a high number of upon her arrival in Charleston in Chapter 10?
3. What does Sally have little doubt of in Chapter 12?
4. Who is Sheba?
5. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarlett think of Eleanor Butler? How does Scarlett end up staying with Eleanor?
2. In Chapter 10, who does Scarlett go to stay with in Charleston? Who do Scarlett's hosts announce that they intend to visit? Why do people in Charleston have to walk everywhere?
3. In Chapter 26, what does Scarlett agree to leave Charleston and Rhett in return for?
4. What does Scarlett arrange for India at her store in Chapter 6?
5. What does Scarlett resolve to stop doing in Chapter 9?
6. What does Scarlett discover she and Rosemary have in common in Chapter 25?
7. Where does Scarlett ask Rhett to take her in Chapter 29? In Chapter 30, what trouble do Scarlett and Rhett get into?
8. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
9. What gives Scarlett an opportunity to contact her estranged husband, Rhett?
10. Who greets Rhett, Scarlett and Rosemary at the plantation in Chapter 23?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)