|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the baby described in Chapter 62?
(a) As having dark black eyes and dark skin.
(b) As having blue eyes and dark skin.
(c) As having reddish hair and freckled skin.
(d) As having green eyes and pale skin.
2. Where do Scarlett and Colum ride to in Chapter 53?
(a) The river Blackwater.
(b) The river Boyne.
(c) The river Swilly.
(d) The river Suir.
3. What do Colum and Scarlett come across on their way to their destination in Chapter 49?
(a) A cottage on fire.
(b) An injured horse.
(c) A violent storm.
(d) A hungry family.
4. Why does Scarlett decide to continue to Ireland after her circumstances change?
(a) She doesn't want to disappoint Colum.
(b) She wishes to set foot on her homeland just once.
(c) She wants to meet her Irish relatives.
(d) She fears being confined if she goes back to Charleston.
5. What is the name of the ship which Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen take to Ireland?
(a) The "Queen Victoria".
(b) The "Brian Boru".
(c) The "Red Ruby".
(d) The "Cork Cruise".
6. What does the news clipping which Scarlett receives from Aunt Paulie say?
(a) That Rhett is bankrupt.
(b) That Rhett is ill.
(c) That Rhett has married.
(d) That Rhett is in jail.
7. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do in Chapter 44?
(a) Send Rhett an urgent message.
(b) Show Rhett that she is a good mother by visiting their children.
(c) Wait for Rhett to return.
8. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
(a) The guests are late in arriving.
(b) The food is not properly prepared.
(c) Her grandfather and aunts refuse their food.
(d) Her grandfather throws a tantrum causing Scarlett to become angry.
9. Who does Scarlett put on a train in Chapter 43?
10. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
(a) The equivalent of one hundred thousand dollars.
(b) The equivalent of fifty thousand dollars.
(c) The equivalent of ten thousand dollars.
(d) The equivalent of five hundred dollars.
11. Who is Mrs. Fitzpatrick?
(a) Colum's nanny when he was a child.
(b) Scarlett's neighbor.
(c) A merchant who gives Scarlett discounts.
(d) A woman hired to help Scarlett with the house.
12. What does Kathleen tell Scarlett about her grandmother in Chapter 61?
(a) That she is cursed.
(b) That she believes her death is near.
(c) That she is calling out a strange man's name in her sleep.
(d) That she is hiding a great deal of money.
13. What does Scarlett give the soldiers who arrive at her grandmother's house during a visit in Chapter 60?
(b) Her business card.
(c) All the weapons at her grandmother's house.
(d) Some family heirlooms.
14. In Chapter 38, what leads the president of the bank to make a fuss over Scarlett?
(a) She has a reputation for being a savvy and business-minded woman.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) Her relation to Pierre Robillard.
(d) Scarlett yells at him, leading him to feel intimidated.
15. What does Scarlett participate in in Chapter 45?
(a) The Saint Patrick's Day festivities.
(b) A fundraiser for the wounded soldiers.
(c) The unveiling of the new town hall.
(d) The reception of her friend's wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scarlett ask to be the godmother of her baby?
2. Who is homesick for Ireland in Chapter 44?
3. What is the travelers' destination in Chapter 48?
4. What is Scarlett bored by in Chapter 50?
5. How much money does Rhett send Scarlett in Chapter 38?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)