|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen stay in Chapter 48?
(a) The Railway Hotel.
(b) The Blue Moon Motel.
(c) The Mountaintop Hotel.
(d) The Lionheart Hotel.
2. In Chapter 38, what leads the president of the bank to make a fuss over Scarlett?
(a) Scarlett yells at him, leading him to feel intimidated.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) She has a reputation for being a savvy and business-minded woman.
(d) Her relation to Pierre Robillard.
3. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
(a) A church.
(b) The O'Hara house.
(c) Rhett's plantation.
(d) To her grandfather's house.
4. What does Scarlett give to Colum in Chapter 57?
(a) A present for her grandmother.
(b) A check.
(c) A kiss on the cheek.
(d) Three letters.
5. Who does Scarlett receive a letter from in Chapter 38?
(b) Henry Hamilton.
6. Who does Scarlett ask to be the godmother of her baby?
(d) Mrs. Fitzpatrick.
7. What does Scarlett give the soldiers who arrive at her grandmother's house during a visit in Chapter 60?
(a) Some family heirlooms.
(b) All the weapons at her grandmother's house.
(c) Her business card.
8. What is Scarlett upset by during the fair in Chapter 52?
(a) That the weather will not cooperate.
(b) That the men aren't noticing her as much as she'd like.
(c) That the people there consider fighting fun.
(d) That someone spilled a drink on her dress.
9. What does Scarlett name her baby?
(a) Katie Colum O'Hara.
(b) Katie Rhett O'Hara.
(c) Katie Colum Butler.
(d) Katie O'Hara Butler.
10. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
(a) A conversation about her father.
(b) A conversation about how life was before the war.
(c) Remembering Bonnie.
(d) A love song which reminds her of Rhett.
11. What information about Maureen horrifies Scarlett in Chapter 40?
(a) That she used to be a barmaid.
(b) That she is unable to have children.
(c) That she once worked in a gambling house.
(d) That she is going blind.
12. What is the name of the ship that has mail for Scarlett in Chapter 55?
(a) Evening Star.
(b) Sleepy Oak.
(c) Queen Anne.
(d) Morning Glory.
13. Who does Colum bring with him to Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
(a) A bricklayer.
(b) A priest.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A tutor.
14. Who does Scarlett put on a train in Chapter 43?
15. Who does Colum visit in Chapter 59?
(a) James Raulston.
(b) Jon Ramses.
(c) Jim Ryan.
(d) Jory Ritter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarlett's dream for Ballyhara?
2. Who is Maureen?
3. Who does Scarlett first stay with in Ireland?
4. What must Scarlett do to receive her grandfather's fortune?
5. What does everyone do at Daniel's while Scarlett is out in Chapter 58?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)