|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett name her baby?
(a) Katie Rhett O'Hara.
(b) Katie Colum O'Hara.
(c) Katie Colum Butler.
(d) Katie O'Hara Butler.
2. What does Scarlett's hostess honor Scarlett with in Chapter 51?
(a) A tea party.
(b) A dance.
(c) A family picnic.
(d) A dinner party.
3. What does Scarlett conclude after touring the large house in Chapter 61?
(a) It is much larger than she thought.
(b) It is in need of a great deal of repair.
(c) It is breathtaking.
(d) It has a lot of spirit.
4. Whose demeanor is Scarlett pleased by in Chapter 50?
(a) Her cousin's.
(b) Her aunt's.
(c) Her grandmother's.
(d) Her uncle's.
5. What does everyone do at Daniel's while Scarlett is out in Chapter 58?
(a) They sing and dance.
(b) They gossip about Scarlett and her past.
(c) They read and hold the rare telegraphs.
(d) They have a feast.
6. Who is Mrs. Fitzpatrick?
(a) Scarlett's neighbor.
(b) A woman hired to help Scarlett with the house.
(c) Colum's nanny when he was a child.
(d) A merchant who gives Scarlett discounts.
7. What is Scarlett invited to in Chapter 34?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A baby shower.
8. Who does Scarlett ask to be the godmother of her baby?
(d) Mrs. Fitzpatrick.
9. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do in Chapter 44?
(a) Show Rhett that she is a good mother by visiting their children.
(b) Send Rhett an urgent message.
(c) Wait for Rhett to return.
10. Why does Scarlett decide to continue to Ireland after her circumstances change?
(a) She fears being confined if she goes back to Charleston.
(b) She wishes to set foot on her homeland just once.
(c) She wants to meet her Irish relatives.
(d) She doesn't want to disappoint Colum.
11. What does Scarlett demand of a servant carrying her grandfather's meal in Chapter 36?
(a) That he take away any red meat on the plate.
(b) That he should not give her grandfather so much food so early in the day.
(c) That he add butter and ham to the meal.
(d) That the meal should have more vegetables.
12. What does Scarlett give to Colum in Chapter 57?
(a) A present for her grandmother.
(b) Three letters.
(c) A kiss on the cheek.
(d) A check.
13. Why do the Ballyhara workers hate answering to Scarlett?
(a) Because she is American.
(b) Because she is a relative of Colum's.
(c) Because she doesn't know anything about working the land.
(d) Because she is a woman and is domineering.
14. What is Scarlett upset by during the fair in Chapter 52?
(a) That the men aren't noticing her as much as she'd like.
(b) That the weather will not cooperate.
(c) That the people there consider fighting fun.
(d) That someone spilled a drink on her dress.
15. What does Scarlett participate in in Chapter 45?
(a) The unveiling of the new town hall.
(b) The reception of her friend's wedding.
(c) A fundraiser for the wounded soldiers.
(d) The Saint Patrick's Day festivities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Colum visit in Chapter 59?
2. Who does Scarlett learn has died in Chapter 34?
3. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
4. What does Scarlett realize during her journey to Ireland?
5. Why does she demand this of the servant in Chapter 36?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)