|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are James and Andrew O'Hara?
(a) Scarlett's cousins.
(b) Scarlett's uncles.
(c) Scarlett's great-uncles.
(d) Scarlett's brothers.
2. What is Scarlett's dream for Ballyhara?
(a) To raise her children there.
(b) To grow the best crops around there.
(c) To have all of the O'Hara family live there.
(d) For Ballyhara to make her the richest woman in Ireland.
3. What does the blacksmith at first refuse to do in Chapter 62?
(a) Try to calm down Scarlett.
(b) Deliver Scarlett's baby.
(c) Clean off the baby.
(d) Fetch a doctor.
4. How does Scarlett get around the house rules during Lent?
(a) She eats breakfast at the neighbor's home after eating it at her own home.
(b) She gets food from the bakery.
(c) She gives her maid money to bring her extra food.
(d) She sneaks food from the pantry.
5. What does Scarlett participate in in Chapter 45?
(a) The Saint Patrick's Day festivities.
(b) The unveiling of the new town hall.
(c) The reception of her friend's wedding.
(d) A fundraiser for the wounded soldiers.
6. How is the baby described in Chapter 62?
(a) As having green eyes and pale skin.
(b) As having blue eyes and dark skin.
(c) As having reddish hair and freckled skin.
(d) As having dark black eyes and dark skin.
7. What does Scarlett demand of a servant carrying her grandfather's meal in Chapter 36?
(a) That he add butter and ham to the meal.
(b) That he should not give her grandfather so much food so early in the day.
(c) That he take away any red meat on the plate.
(d) That the meal should have more vegetables.
8. What is the name of the ship which Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen take to Ireland?
(a) The "Red Ruby".
(b) The "Brian Boru".
(c) The "Queen Victoria".
(d) The "Cork Cruise".
9. Who does Scarlett ask to be the godmother of her baby?
(d) Mrs. Fitzpatrick.
10. What is the weather like when Scarlett goes into labor?
(a) It is sunny.
(b) It is stormy.
(c) It is overcast.
(d) It is raining.
11. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
(a) A church.
(b) To her grandfather's house.
(c) The O'Hara house.
(d) Rhett's plantation.
12. Why does the midwife tell Colum to stay in Chapter 62?
(a) To stay in case they need to call on a doctor.
(b) To help with the birth.
(c) To distract Scarlett.
(d) To perform last rites.
13. Who does Scarlett first stay with in Ireland?
14. Who does Scarlett want as her baby's godfather?
15. Why does Scarlett give Colum her winnings from the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) So he can give it to the poor.
(b) So he can put it towards his cause.
(c) So he can buy her some Irish souvenirs.
(d) So he can trade it for the local currency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do in Chapter 44?
2. What is Scarlett bored by in Chapter 50?
3. What do Scarlett and Colum visit in Chapter 52?
4. Whose demeanor is Scarlett pleased by in Chapter 50?
5. Why does she demand this of the servant in Chapter 36?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)