|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett decide to do in Chapter 46?
(b) Go to Ireland.
(c) Open a new shop.
(d) Go to Rhett.
2. What does Scarlett give the soldiers who arrive at her grandmother's house during a visit in Chapter 60?
(a) All the weapons at her grandmother's house.
(c) Some family heirlooms.
(d) Her business card.
3. Why does she demand this of the servant in Chapter 36?
(a) She says that no one should ever go hungry.
(b) She says her grandfather is having stomach problems.
(c) She says her grandfather dislikes red meat.
(d) She says her grandfather is ill.
4. Who does Scarlett receive a letter from in Chapter 38?
(a) Henry Hamilton.
5. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
(a) The equivalent of one hundred thousand dollars.
(b) The equivalent of five hundred dollars.
(c) The equivalent of ten thousand dollars.
(d) The equivalent of fifty thousand dollars.
6. What does the letter that Scarlett receives in Chapter 54 indicate?
(a) That Rhett is broke.
(b) That Rhett has filed for divorce.
(c) That Rhett has had a run-in with the Yankees.
(d) That Rhett misses her deeply.
7. Who is Mrs. Fitzpatrick?
(a) A merchant who gives Scarlett discounts.
(b) A woman hired to help Scarlett with the house.
(c) Scarlett's neighbor.
(d) Colum's nanny when he was a child.
8. How much money does Rhett send Scarlett in Chapter 38?
(a) 250,000 dollars.
(b) 100,000 dollars.
(c) Half a million dollars.
(d) 50,000 dollars.
9. Who does Scarlett want as her baby's godfather?
10. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do in Chapter 44?
(a) Show Rhett that she is a good mother by visiting their children.
(c) Wait for Rhett to return.
(d) Send Rhett an urgent message.
11. What must Scarlett do to receive her grandfather's fortune?
(a) Divorce Rhett.
(b) Bring her children to Atlanta.
(c) Have more children.
(d) Stay married to Rhett.
12. What does Scarlett give to Colum in Chapter 57?
(a) A kiss on the cheek.
(b) A check.
(c) Three letters.
(d) A present for her grandmother.
13. What is the name of the ship that has mail for Scarlett in Chapter 55?
(a) Morning Glory.
(b) Queen Anne.
(c) Evening Star.
(d) Sleepy Oak.
14. Why does the midwife tell Colum to stay in Chapter 62?
(a) To stay in case they need to call on a doctor.
(b) To help with the birth.
(c) To distract Scarlett.
(d) To perform last rites.
15. How does Scarlett react to the realization she makes during her trip to Ireland?
(a) She is at peace.
(b) She feels regret and sadness.
(c) She is excited and happy.
(d) She feels panicked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett conclude after touring the large house in Chapter 61?
2. Whose demeanor is Scarlett pleased by in Chapter 50?
3. How does Scarlett get around the house rules during Lent?
4. What is Scarlett invited to in Chapter 34?
5. Why does Scarlett give Colum her winnings from the card game in Chapter 47?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)