|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett name her baby?
(a) Katie Rhett O'Hara.
(b) Katie O'Hara Butler.
(c) Katie Colum Butler.
(d) Katie Colum O'Hara.
2. What do Colum and Scarlett come across on their way to their destination in Chapter 49?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) A hungry family.
(c) An injured horse.
(d) A cottage on fire.
3. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
(a) Her grandfather and aunts refuse their food.
(b) The food is not properly prepared.
(c) The guests are late in arriving.
(d) Her grandfather throws a tantrum causing Scarlett to become angry.
4. How does Scarlett get around the house rules during Lent?
(a) She sneaks food from the pantry.
(b) She eats breakfast at the neighbor's home after eating it at her own home.
(c) She gets food from the bakery.
(d) She gives her maid money to bring her extra food.
5. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
(a) A church.
(b) Rhett's plantation.
(c) The O'Hara house.
(d) To her grandfather's house.
6. What does Scarlett conclude after touring the large house in Chapter 61?
(a) It is breathtaking.
(b) It has a lot of spirit.
(c) It is much larger than she thought.
(d) It is in need of a great deal of repair.
7. Whose demeanor is Scarlett pleased by in Chapter 50?
(a) Her grandmother's.
(b) Her cousin's.
(c) Her uncle's.
(d) Her aunt's.
8. What does everyone do at Daniel's while Scarlett is out in Chapter 58?
(a) They have a feast.
(b) They sing and dance.
(c) They read and hold the rare telegraphs.
(d) They gossip about Scarlett and her past.
9. Why do the Ballyhara workers hate answering to Scarlett?
(a) Because she is a relative of Colum's.
(b) Because she is a woman and is domineering.
(c) Because she is American.
(d) Because she doesn't know anything about working the land.
10. Where do Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen stay in Chapter 48?
(a) The Blue Moon Motel.
(b) The Mountaintop Hotel.
(c) The Lionheart Hotel.
(d) The Railway Hotel.
11. Where do Scarlett and Colum ride to in Chapter 53?
(a) The river Blackwater.
(b) The river Swilly.
(c) The river Suir.
(d) The river Boyne.
12. Who are James and Andrew O'Hara?
(a) Scarlett's great-uncles.
(b) Scarlett's brothers.
(c) Scarlett's cousins.
(d) Scarlett's uncles.
13. Why does Scarlett decide to continue to Ireland after her circumstances change?
(a) She wishes to set foot on her homeland just once.
(b) She doesn't want to disappoint Colum.
(c) She wants to meet her Irish relatives.
(d) She fears being confined if she goes back to Charleston.
14. What does Scarlett decide to do in Chapter 46?
(a) Go to Ireland.
(b) Open a new shop.
(d) Go to Rhett.
15. Why does Scarlett give Colum her winnings from the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) So he can trade it for the local currency.
(b) So he can give it to the poor.
(c) So he can put it towards his cause.
(d) So he can buy her some Irish souvenirs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scarlett put on a train in Chapter 43?
2. How is the baby described in Chapter 62?
3. What does Scarlett give the soldiers who arrive at her grandmother's house during a visit in Chapter 60?
4. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do in Chapter 44?
5. What does the letter that Scarlett receives in Chapter 54 indicate?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)