|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colum think Ballyhara is a prime place for?
(a) The county center.
(b) Family gatherings.
(c) Wedding ceremonies.
(d) A camp for the Fenian men.
2. What do Colum and Scarlett come across on their way to their destination in Chapter 49?
(a) A cottage on fire.
(b) A violent storm.
(c) An injured horse.
(d) A hungry family.
3. Who does Scarlett first stay with in Ireland?
4. How much does Scarlett win in the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) Five hundred and fourteen dollars.
(b) Fifty-three dollars.
(c) Eighty dollars.
(d) Two-hundred and forty-seven dollars.
5. Whose demeanor is Scarlett pleased by in Chapter 50?
(a) Her cousin's.
(b) Her uncle's.
(c) Her aunt's.
(d) Her grandmother's.
6. Where has Scarlett gone when the visitors arrive at Daniel's in Chapter 58?
(a) Scarlett has gone to hire some help.
(b) Scarlett has gone to look over the land.
(c) Scarlett has gone to the dock to retrieve the mail.
(d) Scarlett has gone to buy horses.
7. Who does Colum visit in Chapter 59?
(a) Jory Ritter.
(b) Jim Ryan.
(c) James Raulston.
(d) Jon Ramses.
8. Who is Scarlett denied an audience with in Chapter 33?
(a) Rhett's mother.
(b) Her children.
(c) The Mother Superior.
9. What story does Joe O'Neill go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby has twelve toes.
(b) That the baby changed from a boy to a girl.
(c) That the baby smiled when she first saw Scarlett.
(d) That the baby has a deformed ear.
10. What does Scarlett give to Colum in Chapter 57?
(a) A kiss on the cheek.
(b) A present for her grandmother.
(c) A check.
(d) Three letters.
11. Where do Scarlett and Colum ride to in Chapter 53?
(a) The river Suir.
(b) The river Blackwater.
(c) The river Swilly.
(d) The river Boyne.
12. What color do Scarlett's baby's eyes turn in Chapter 64?
13. How does Scarlett get around the house rules during Lent?
(a) She eats breakfast at the neighbor's home after eating it at her own home.
(b) She gives her maid money to bring her extra food.
(c) She sneaks food from the pantry.
(d) She gets food from the bakery.
14. At what point does Scarlett's joy in the Ballyhara project become lost?
(a) When her children refuse to visit her in Ireland.
(b) When she hears further news about Rhett.
(c) When her cousins refuse to move there.
(d) When she becomes ill from overworking.
15. Who is Mrs. Fitzpatrick?
(a) Colum's nanny when he was a child.
(b) Scarlett's neighbor.
(c) A woman hired to help Scarlett with the house.
(d) A merchant who gives Scarlett discounts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Scarlett and Colum visit in Chapter 52?
2. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54?
3. What does Kathleen tell Scarlett about her grandmother in Chapter 61?
4. Who does Scarlett want as her baby's godfather?
5. What does the news clipping which Scarlett receives from Aunt Paulie say?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)