|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Fitzpatrick?
(a) Scarlett's neighbor.
(b) Colum's nanny when he was a child.
(c) A woman hired to help Scarlett with the house.
(d) A merchant who gives Scarlett discounts.
2. Who is Maureen?
(a) Scarlett's aunt.
(b) Jamie's wife.
(c) Scarlett's friend.
(d) Rhett's sister.
3. How is the baby described in Chapter 62?
(a) As having green eyes and pale skin.
(b) As having dark black eyes and dark skin.
(c) As having blue eyes and dark skin.
(d) As having reddish hair and freckled skin.
4. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do in Chapter 44?
(b) Send Rhett an urgent message.
(c) Show Rhett that she is a good mother by visiting their children.
(d) Wait for Rhett to return.
5. What is Scarlett bored by in Chapter 50?
(a) The green scenery.
(b) The talk of cattle.
(c) The bland food.
(d) The same card games.
6. How does Scarlett react to the realization she makes during her trip to Ireland?
(a) She is at peace.
(b) She feels regret and sadness.
(c) She is excited and happy.
(d) She feels panicked.
7. What story does Joe O'Neill go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby has a deformed ear.
(b) That the baby has twelve toes.
(c) That the baby smiled when she first saw Scarlett.
(d) That the baby changed from a boy to a girl.
8. Why does Scarlett decide to continue to Ireland after her circumstances change?
(a) She fears being confined if she goes back to Charleston.
(b) She doesn't want to disappoint Colum.
(c) She wishes to set foot on her homeland just once.
(d) She wants to meet her Irish relatives.
9. What does Scarlett give to Colum in Chapter 57?
(a) A present for her grandmother.
(b) Three letters.
(c) A check.
(d) A kiss on the cheek.
10. Who does Scarlett first stay with in Ireland?
11. What does Scarlett name her baby?
(a) Katie O'Hara Butler.
(b) Katie Colum O'Hara.
(c) Katie Colum Butler.
(d) Katie Rhett O'Hara.
12. What does the letter that Scarlett receives in Chapter 54 indicate?
(a) That Rhett misses her deeply.
(b) That Rhett has had a run-in with the Yankees.
(c) That Rhett has filed for divorce.
(d) That Rhett is broke.
13. Who does Scarlett receive a letter from in Chapter 38?
(a) Henry Hamilton.
14. Who are James and Andrew O'Hara?
(a) Scarlett's uncles.
(b) Scarlett's great-uncles.
(c) Scarlett's cousins.
(d) Scarlett's brothers.
15. Who does Scarlett ask to be the godmother of her baby?
(d) Mrs. Fitzpatrick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett's hostess honor Scarlett with in Chapter 51?
2. Why does she demand this of the servant in Chapter 36?
3. Why does Scarlett's grandfather laugh at her after she arrives late for dinner in Chapter 34?
4. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
5. What is the travelers' destination in Chapter 48?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)