|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose demeanor is Scarlett pleased by in Chapter 50?
(a) Her uncle's.
(b) Her cousin's.
(c) Her grandmother's.
(d) Her aunt's.
2. Who is homesick for Ireland in Chapter 44?
3. Who does Scarlett first stay with in Ireland?
4. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
(a) The equivalent of fifty thousand dollars.
(b) The equivalent of five hundred dollars.
(c) The equivalent of one hundred thousand dollars.
(d) The equivalent of ten thousand dollars.
5. What does the blacksmith at first refuse to do in Chapter 62?
(a) Clean off the baby.
(b) Fetch a doctor.
(c) Try to calm down Scarlett.
(d) Deliver Scarlett's baby.
6. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
(a) The guests are late in arriving.
(b) The food is not properly prepared.
(c) Her grandfather throws a tantrum causing Scarlett to become angry.
(d) Her grandfather and aunts refuse their food.
7. How much money does Rhett send Scarlett in Chapter 38?
(a) 100,000 dollars.
(b) Half a million dollars.
(c) 50,000 dollars.
(d) 250,000 dollars.
8. What information about Maureen horrifies Scarlett in Chapter 40?
(a) That she used to be a barmaid.
(b) That she is going blind.
(c) That she is unable to have children.
(d) That she once worked in a gambling house.
9. What color do Scarlett's baby's eyes turn in Chapter 64?
10. What is Scarlett's dream for Ballyhara?
(a) To have all of the O'Hara family live there.
(b) For Ballyhara to make her the richest woman in Ireland.
(c) To grow the best crops around there.
(d) To raise her children there.
11. What does Scarlett name her baby?
(a) Katie Colum Butler.
(b) Katie Colum O'Hara.
(c) Katie O'Hara Butler.
(d) Katie Rhett O'Hara.
12. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54?
(a) To avoid the preparations for Scarlett's grandmother's birthday.
(b) To officiate a wedding.
(c) To buy supplies for a party.
(d) To meet with an old friend.
13. How is the baby described in Chapter 62?
(a) As having reddish hair and freckled skin.
(b) As having dark black eyes and dark skin.
(c) As having blue eyes and dark skin.
(d) As having green eyes and pale skin.
14. What do Colum and Scarlett come across on their way to their destination in Chapter 49?
(a) A cottage on fire.
(b) An injured horse.
(c) A hungry family.
(d) A violent storm.
15. What story does Joe O'Neill go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby has a deformed ear.
(b) That the baby smiled when she first saw Scarlett.
(c) That the baby has twelve toes.
(d) That the baby changed from a boy to a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter that Scarlett receives in Chapter 54 indicate?
2. Who is Mrs. Fitzpatrick?
3. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
4. What story does the midwife go around telling in Chapter 63?
5. What is the name of the ship which Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen take to Ireland?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)