|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Fitzpatrick?
(a) Colum's nanny when he was a child.
(b) Scarlett's neighbor.
(c) A woman hired to help Scarlett with the house.
(d) A merchant who gives Scarlett discounts.
2. Why does Scarlett decide to continue to Ireland after her circumstances change?
(a) She wishes to set foot on her homeland just once.
(b) She doesn't want to disappoint Colum.
(c) She wants to meet her Irish relatives.
(d) She fears being confined if she goes back to Charleston.
3. What does the letter that Scarlett receives in Chapter 54 indicate?
(a) That Rhett has filed for divorce.
(b) That Rhett misses her deeply.
(c) That Rhett has had a run-in with the Yankees.
(d) That Rhett is broke.
4. What does Scarlett dislike about the guests in Chapter 51?
(a) How they try to mimic Scarlett's accent.
(b) How they compete to be the most refined.
(c) How they don't wash before eating.
(d) How they speak down to Scarlett.
5. Who does Scarlett put on a train in Chapter 43?
6. What do Colum and Scarlett come across on their way to their destination in Chapter 49?
(a) A cottage on fire.
(b) An injured horse.
(c) A hungry family.
(d) A violent storm.
7. What does Scarlett demand of a servant carrying her grandfather's meal in Chapter 36?
(a) That he should not give her grandfather so much food so early in the day.
(b) That the meal should have more vegetables.
(c) That he add butter and ham to the meal.
(d) That he take away any red meat on the plate.
8. What is Scarlett's dream for Ballyhara?
(a) To grow the best crops around there.
(b) To raise her children there.
(c) To have all of the O'Hara family live there.
(d) For Ballyhara to make her the richest woman in Ireland.
9. Why do the Ballyhara workers hate answering to Scarlett?
(a) Because she doesn't know anything about working the land.
(b) Because she is a relative of Colum's.
(c) Because she is American.
(d) Because she is a woman and is domineering.
10. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
(a) Her grandfather and aunts refuse their food.
(b) The guests are late in arriving.
(c) The food is not properly prepared.
(d) Her grandfather throws a tantrum causing Scarlett to become angry.
11. How much does Scarlett win in the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) Fifty-three dollars.
(b) Two-hundred and forty-seven dollars.
(c) Five hundred and fourteen dollars.
(d) Eighty dollars.
12. What is Scarlett upset by during the fair in Chapter 52?
(a) That the weather will not cooperate.
(b) That the people there consider fighting fun.
(c) That the men aren't noticing her as much as she'd like.
(d) That someone spilled a drink on her dress.
13. What information about Maureen horrifies Scarlett in Chapter 40?
(a) That she is going blind.
(b) That she used to be a barmaid.
(c) That she once worked in a gambling house.
(d) That she is unable to have children.
14. What is Colum O'Hara's vocation?
(a) He is a baker.
(b) He is a businessman.
(c) He is a priest.
(d) He is a contractor.
15. Where do Scarlett and Colum ride to in Chapter 53?
(a) The river Swilly.
(b) The river Suir.
(c) The river Blackwater.
(d) The river Boyne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarlett bored by in Chapter 50?
2. Who does Scarlett receive a letter from in Chapter 38?
3. What does Scarlett participate in in Chapter 45?
4. What does everyone do at Daniel's while Scarlett is out in Chapter 58?
5. What does Colum speak to groups about?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)