|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett decide to do in Chapter 46?
(a) Open a new shop.
(b) Go to Rhett.
(c) Go to Ireland.
2. How does Scarlett react to the realization she makes during her trip to Ireland?
(a) She feels panicked.
(b) She feels regret and sadness.
(c) She is at peace.
(d) She is excited and happy.
3. Why do the Ballyhara workers hate answering to Scarlett?
(a) Because she is a relative of Colum's.
(b) Because she doesn't know anything about working the land.
(c) Because she is a woman and is domineering.
(d) Because she is American.
4. Who does Colum bring with him to Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
(a) A tutor.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A priest.
(d) A bricklayer.
5. What story does Joe O'Neill go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby smiled when she first saw Scarlett.
(b) That the baby has a deformed ear.
(c) That the baby has twelve toes.
(d) That the baby changed from a boy to a girl.
6. What is Scarlett upset by during the fair in Chapter 52?
(a) That someone spilled a drink on her dress.
(b) That the people there consider fighting fun.
(c) That the weather will not cooperate.
(d) That the men aren't noticing her as much as she'd like.
7. Who does Scarlett first stay with in Ireland?
8. Who are James and Andrew O'Hara?
(a) Scarlett's uncles.
(b) Scarlett's brothers.
(c) Scarlett's great-uncles.
(d) Scarlett's cousins.
9. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
(a) The equivalent of fifty thousand dollars.
(b) The equivalent of five hundred dollars.
(c) The equivalent of ten thousand dollars.
(d) The equivalent of one hundred thousand dollars.
10. Where has Scarlett gone when the visitors arrive at Daniel's in Chapter 58?
(a) Scarlett has gone to buy horses.
(b) Scarlett has gone to hire some help.
(c) Scarlett has gone to the dock to retrieve the mail.
(d) Scarlett has gone to look over the land.
11. What color do Scarlett's baby's eyes turn in Chapter 64?
12. How much money does Rhett send Scarlett in Chapter 38?
(a) Half a million dollars.
(b) 100,000 dollars.
(c) 250,000 dollars.
(d) 50,000 dollars.
13. Why does she demand this of the servant in Chapter 36?
(a) She says her grandfather is having stomach problems.
(b) She says that no one should ever go hungry.
(c) She says her grandfather dislikes red meat.
(d) She says her grandfather is ill.
14. What is Colum O'Hara's vocation?
(a) He is a priest.
(b) He is a businessman.
(c) He is a contractor.
(d) He is a baker.
15. What is the name of the ship which Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen take to Ireland?
(a) The "Brian Boru".
(b) The "Red Ruby".
(c) The "Cork Cruise".
(d) The "Queen Victoria".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett name her baby?
2. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
3. What is the name of the ship that has mail for Scarlett in Chapter 55?
4. What is Scarlett enamored by at the street market in Chapter 47?
5. Where do Scarlett and Colum ride to in Chapter 53?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)