|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Maureen?
(a) Jamie's wife.
(b) Rhett's sister.
(c) Scarlett's friend.
(d) Scarlett's aunt.
2. What is Scarlett upset by during the fair in Chapter 52?
(a) That the weather will not cooperate.
(b) That the men aren't noticing her as much as she'd like.
(c) That the people there consider fighting fun.
(d) That someone spilled a drink on her dress.
3. What does the letter that Scarlett receives in Chapter 54 indicate?
(a) That Rhett has filed for divorce.
(b) That Rhett misses her deeply.
(c) That Rhett has had a run-in with the Yankees.
(d) That Rhett is broke.
4. Why does Scarlett's grandfather laugh at her after she arrives late for dinner in Chapter 34?
(a) Because of the ridiculous outfit she is wearing to dinner.
(b) Because he is slightly crazy.
(c) Because she cries easily.
(d) Because Scarlett stands up to him.
5. Why does the midwife tell Colum to stay in Chapter 62?
(a) To stay in case they need to call on a doctor.
(b) To help with the birth.
(c) To perform last rites.
(d) To distract Scarlett.
6. What does Scarlett decide to do in Chapter 46?
(a) Open a new shop.
(b) Go to Ireland.
(c) Go to Rhett.
7. What is the weather like when Scarlett goes into labor?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is overcast.
(c) It is sunny.
(d) It is stormy.
8. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
(a) Remembering Bonnie.
(b) A conversation about how life was before the war.
(c) A love song which reminds her of Rhett.
(d) A conversation about her father.
9. Why does Scarlett give Colum her winnings from the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) So he can put it towards his cause.
(b) So he can give it to the poor.
(c) So he can buy her some Irish souvenirs.
(d) So he can trade it for the local currency.
10. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
(a) The guests are late in arriving.
(b) Her grandfather throws a tantrum causing Scarlett to become angry.
(c) Her grandfather and aunts refuse their food.
(d) The food is not properly prepared.
11. Who does Scarlett first stay with in Ireland?
12. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do in Chapter 44?
(a) Show Rhett that she is a good mother by visiting their children.
(c) Wait for Rhett to return.
(d) Send Rhett an urgent message.
13. What does Scarlett realize during her journey to Ireland?
(a) That Rhett still loves her.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she is over Rhett.
(d) That she belongs at Tara.
14. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
(a) To her grandfather's house.
(b) Rhett's plantation.
(c) A church.
(d) The O'Hara house.
15. What is Scarlett's dream for Ballyhara?
(a) For Ballyhara to make her the richest woman in Ireland.
(b) To have all of the O'Hara family live there.
(c) To raise her children there.
(d) To grow the best crops around there.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point does Scarlett's joy in the Ballyhara project become lost?
2. What does everyone do at Daniel's while Scarlett is out in Chapter 58?
3. What is the name of the ship which Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen take to Ireland?
4. What does Scarlett think the status of her relationship with Rhett is as of Chapter 53?
5. What is Scarlett bored by in Chapter 50?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)