|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
(a) To her grandfather's house.
(b) Rhett's plantation.
(c) A church.
(d) The O'Hara house.
2. How much does Scarlett win in the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) Two-hundred and forty-seven dollars.
(b) Five hundred and fourteen dollars.
(c) Eighty dollars.
(d) Fifty-three dollars.
3. At what point does Scarlett's joy in the Ballyhara project become lost?
(a) When her children refuse to visit her in Ireland.
(b) When she hears further news about Rhett.
(c) When her cousins refuse to move there.
(d) When she becomes ill from overworking.
4. Why do the Ballyhara workers hate answering to Scarlett?
(a) Because she doesn't know anything about working the land.
(b) Because she is a woman and is domineering.
(c) Because she is American.
(d) Because she is a relative of Colum's.
5. Who are James and Andrew O'Hara?
(a) Scarlett's brothers.
(b) Scarlett's great-uncles.
(c) Scarlett's uncles.
(d) Scarlett's cousins.
6. Who does Scarlett put on a train in Chapter 43?
7. What is Scarlett enamored by at the street market in Chapter 47?
(a) The clothing.
(b) The loud merchants.
(c) The strange food.
(d) The different accents of the people.
8. What does everyone do at Daniel's while Scarlett is out in Chapter 58?
(a) They have a feast.
(b) They read and hold the rare telegraphs.
(c) They sing and dance.
(d) They gossip about Scarlett and her past.
9. Who does Scarlett ask to be the godmother of her baby?
(c) Mrs. Fitzpatrick.
10. Who does Colum bring with him to Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A bricklayer.
(c) A priest.
(d) A tutor.
11. What is Colum O'Hara's vocation?
(a) He is a baker.
(b) He is a businessman.
(c) He is a priest.
(d) He is a contractor.
12. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
(a) The equivalent of one hundred thousand dollars.
(b) The equivalent of ten thousand dollars.
(c) The equivalent of five hundred dollars.
(d) The equivalent of fifty thousand dollars.
13. What does Scarlett conclude after touring the large house in Chapter 61?
(a) It is much larger than she thought.
(b) It is breathtaking.
(c) It is in need of a great deal of repair.
(d) It has a lot of spirit.
14. Where do Scarlett and Colum ride to in Chapter 53?
(a) The river Suir.
(b) The river Boyne.
(c) The river Blackwater.
(d) The river Swilly.
15. What does Scarlett participate in in Chapter 45?
(a) The unveiling of the new town hall.
(b) The reception of her friend's wedding.
(c) The Saint Patrick's Day festivities.
(d) A fundraiser for the wounded soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Scarlett get around the house rules during Lent?
2. What does Colum speak to groups about?
3. What does Scarlett demand of a servant carrying her grandfather's meal in Chapter 36?
4. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do in Chapter 44?
5. What is Scarlett upset by during the fair in Chapter 52?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)