|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does everyone do at Daniel's while Scarlett is out in Chapter 58?
(a) They sing and dance.
(b) They read and hold the rare telegraphs.
(c) They gossip about Scarlett and her past.
(d) They have a feast.
2. Who performs a caesarean on Scarlett?
(a) A doctor.
(b) The old woman who lives near a tower.
(c) The blacksmith.
(d) The midwife.
3. Where do Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen stay in Chapter 48?
(a) The Railway Hotel.
(b) The Mountaintop Hotel.
(c) The Blue Moon Motel.
(d) The Lionheart Hotel.
4. What story does Joe O'Neill go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby has a deformed ear.
(b) That the baby changed from a boy to a girl.
(c) That the baby smiled when she first saw Scarlett.
(d) That the baby has twelve toes.
5. Who does Colum bring with him to Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
(a) A priest.
(b) A tutor.
(c) A blacksmith.
(d) A bricklayer.
6. What does Scarlett give to Colum in Chapter 57?
(a) A check.
(b) Three letters.
(c) A present for her grandmother.
(d) A kiss on the cheek.
7. Why does Scarlett decide to continue to Ireland after her circumstances change?
(a) She doesn't want to disappoint Colum.
(b) She fears being confined if she goes back to Charleston.
(c) She wants to meet her Irish relatives.
(d) She wishes to set foot on her homeland just once.
8. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
(a) Rhett's plantation.
(b) The O'Hara house.
(c) A church.
(d) To her grandfather's house.
9. Who is Scarlett denied an audience with in Chapter 33?
(a) Her children.
(c) The Mother Superior.
(d) Rhett's mother.
10. What is Colum O'Hara's vocation?
(a) He is a businessman.
(b) He is a contractor.
(c) He is a baker.
(d) He is a priest.
11. What does Scarlett's hostess honor Scarlett with in Chapter 51?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A tea party.
(c) A dance.
(d) A family picnic.
12. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
(a) A conversation about how life was before the war.
(b) A love song which reminds her of Rhett.
(c) Remembering Bonnie.
(d) A conversation about her father.
13. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
(a) The equivalent of one hundred thousand dollars.
(b) The equivalent of fifty thousand dollars.
(c) The equivalent of five hundred dollars.
(d) The equivalent of ten thousand dollars.
14. What does Scarlett give the soldiers who arrive at her grandmother's house during a visit in Chapter 60?
(a) Some family heirlooms.
(c) All the weapons at her grandmother's house.
(d) Her business card.
15. What does Scarlett decide to do in Chapter 46?
(a) Open a new shop.
(b) Go to Rhett.
(d) Go to Ireland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scarlett first stay with in Ireland?
2. Who does Colum visit in Chapter 59?
3. What is Scarlett invited to in Chapter 34?
4. Who does Scarlett put on a train in Chapter 43?
5. What does Scarlett demand of a servant carrying her grandfather's meal in Chapter 36?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)