|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like when Scarlett goes into labor?
(a) It is overcast.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is stormy.
2. Why does Scarlett's grandfather laugh at her after she arrives late for dinner in Chapter 34?
(a) Because Scarlett stands up to him.
(b) Because of the ridiculous outfit she is wearing to dinner.
(c) Because he is slightly crazy.
(d) Because she cries easily.
3. What does Scarlett participate in in Chapter 45?
(a) The Saint Patrick's Day festivities.
(b) The unveiling of the new town hall.
(c) A fundraiser for the wounded soldiers.
(d) The reception of her friend's wedding.
4. What does the blacksmith at first refuse to do in Chapter 62?
(a) Fetch a doctor.
(b) Try to calm down Scarlett.
(c) Clean off the baby.
(d) Deliver Scarlett's baby.
5. How does Scarlett get around the house rules during Lent?
(a) She sneaks food from the pantry.
(b) She eats breakfast at the neighbor's home after eating it at her own home.
(c) She gets food from the bakery.
(d) She gives her maid money to bring her extra food.
6. What does Scarlett decide to do in Chapter 46?
(a) Open a new shop.
(b) Go to Ireland.
(c) Go to Rhett.
7. What is Scarlett bored by in Chapter 50?
(a) The green scenery.
(b) The talk of cattle.
(c) The same card games.
(d) The bland food.
8. What is Scarlett's dream for Ballyhara?
(a) For Ballyhara to make her the richest woman in Ireland.
(b) To raise her children there.
(c) To grow the best crops around there.
(d) To have all of the O'Hara family live there.
9. What does the news clipping which Scarlett receives from Aunt Paulie say?
(a) That Rhett is bankrupt.
(b) That Rhett is in jail.
(c) That Rhett is ill.
(d) That Rhett has married.
10. What does Kathleen tell Scarlett about her grandmother in Chapter 61?
(a) That she believes her death is near.
(b) That she is hiding a great deal of money.
(c) That she is calling out a strange man's name in her sleep.
(d) That she is cursed.
11. What story does the midwife go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby was covered in bruises when it was delivered.
(b) That the baby was already dead when she arrived.
(c) That the baby hissed when she first saw Scarlett.
(d) That the baby was screaming louder than any baby she had ever heard.
12. Who does Scarlett receive a letter from in Chapter 38?
(d) Henry Hamilton.
13. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do in Chapter 44?
(b) Show Rhett that she is a good mother by visiting their children.
(c) Send Rhett an urgent message.
(d) Wait for Rhett to return.
14. What does Colum speak to groups about?
(a) How to get rid of the Yankees.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The homeless.
(d) Helping the Irish people.
15. What does Scarlett conclude after touring the large house in Chapter 61?
(a) It is breathtaking.
(b) It has a lot of spirit.
(c) It is much larger than she thought.
(d) It is in need of a great deal of repair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen stay in Chapter 48?
2. Why does she demand this of the servant in Chapter 36?
3. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54?
4. Who is homesick for Ireland in Chapter 44?
5. What does Scarlett demand of a servant carrying her grandfather's meal in Chapter 36?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)