|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Maureen?
(a) Jamie's wife.
(b) Scarlett's friend.
(c) Rhett's sister.
(d) Scarlett's aunt.
2. What color do Scarlett's baby's eyes turn in Chapter 64?
3. Who are James and Andrew O'Hara?
(a) Scarlett's brothers.
(b) Scarlett's great-uncles.
(c) Scarlett's uncles.
(d) Scarlett's cousins.
4. Why does the midwife tell Colum to stay in Chapter 62?
(a) To help with the birth.
(b) To stay in case they need to call on a doctor.
(c) To distract Scarlett.
(d) To perform last rites.
5. What story does the midwife go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby was already dead when she arrived.
(b) That the baby was screaming louder than any baby she had ever heard.
(c) That the baby was covered in bruises when it was delivered.
(d) That the baby hissed when she first saw Scarlett.
6. What story does Joe O'Neill go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby has twelve toes.
(b) That the baby smiled when she first saw Scarlett.
(c) That the baby changed from a boy to a girl.
(d) That the baby has a deformed ear.
7. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
(a) To her grandfather's house.
(b) A church.
(c) The O'Hara house.
(d) Rhett's plantation.
8. Who does Scarlett receive a letter from in Chapter 38?
(a) Henry Hamilton.
9. What is the travelers' destination in Chapter 48?
(a) The County Kerry.
(b) The County Tipperary.
(c) The County Donegal.
(d) The County Meath.
10. In Chapter 38, what leads the president of the bank to make a fuss over Scarlett?
(a) Her relation to Pierre Robillard.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) Scarlett yells at him, leading him to feel intimidated.
(d) She has a reputation for being a savvy and business-minded woman.
11. What does Kathleen tell Scarlett about her grandmother in Chapter 61?
(a) That she is cursed.
(b) That she is calling out a strange man's name in her sleep.
(c) That she believes her death is near.
(d) That she is hiding a great deal of money.
12. How does Scarlett react to the realization she makes during her trip to Ireland?
(a) She is at peace.
(b) She feels panicked.
(c) She feels regret and sadness.
(d) She is excited and happy.
13. What is Scarlett's dream for Ballyhara?
(a) To raise her children there.
(b) To have all of the O'Hara family live there.
(c) For Ballyhara to make her the richest woman in Ireland.
(d) To grow the best crops around there.
14. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
(a) Remembering Bonnie.
(b) A conversation about her father.
(c) A love song which reminds her of Rhett.
(d) A conversation about how life was before the war.
15. Who does Scarlett want as her baby's godfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54?
2. What does Scarlett demand of a servant carrying her grandfather's meal in Chapter 36?
3. What do Scarlett and Colum visit in Chapter 52?
4. What does Scarlett dislike about the guests in Chapter 51?
5. What does Scarlett give to Colum in Chapter 57?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)