|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
(a) Rhett's plantation.
(b) To her grandfather's house.
(c) The O'Hara house.
(d) A church.
2. How much does Scarlett win in the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) Eighty dollars.
(b) Fifty-three dollars.
(c) Five hundred and fourteen dollars.
(d) Two-hundred and forty-seven dollars.
3. What does Colum speak to groups about?
(a) How to get rid of the Yankees.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) The homeless.
(d) Helping the Irish people.
4. How does Scarlett react to the realization she makes during her trip to Ireland?
(a) She is at peace.
(b) She feels regret and sadness.
(c) She feels panicked.
(d) She is excited and happy.
5. What story does the midwife go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby was already dead when she arrived.
(b) That the baby hissed when she first saw Scarlett.
(c) That the baby was screaming louder than any baby she had ever heard.
(d) That the baby was covered in bruises when it was delivered.
6. What does Scarlett demand of a servant carrying her grandfather's meal in Chapter 36?
(a) That the meal should have more vegetables.
(b) That he take away any red meat on the plate.
(c) That he should not give her grandfather so much food so early in the day.
(d) That he add butter and ham to the meal.
7. What do Scarlett and Colum visit in Chapter 52?
(a) The Tara of Ireland.
(b) An old castle once belonging to the O'Haras.
(c) A piece of land which Scarlett hopes to buy.
(d) Scarlett's father's childhood home.
8. How is the baby described in Chapter 62?
(a) As having reddish hair and freckled skin.
(b) As having dark black eyes and dark skin.
(c) As having green eyes and pale skin.
(d) As having blue eyes and dark skin.
9. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54?
(a) To meet with an old friend.
(b) To avoid the preparations for Scarlett's grandmother's birthday.
(c) To officiate a wedding.
(d) To buy supplies for a party.
10. What does the blacksmith at first refuse to do in Chapter 62?
(a) Fetch a doctor.
(b) Try to calm down Scarlett.
(c) Deliver Scarlett's baby.
(d) Clean off the baby.
11. What is Scarlett's dream for Ballyhara?
(a) To have all of the O'Hara family live there.
(b) For Ballyhara to make her the richest woman in Ireland.
(c) To raise her children there.
(d) To grow the best crops around there.
12. What do Colum and Scarlett come across on their way to their destination in Chapter 49?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) An injured horse.
(c) A hungry family.
(d) A cottage on fire.
13. Who does Scarlett ask to be the godmother of her baby?
(a) Mrs. Fitzpatrick.
14. What does Scarlett think the status of her relationship with Rhett is as of Chapter 53?
(a) Scarlett believes the marriage to be over.
(b) Scarlett believes she can claim Rhett at any time.
(c) Scarlett believes Rhett is ready to reconcile, but Scarlett is not.
(d) Scarlett believes Rhett will forgive her in time.
15. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
(a) The equivalent of ten thousand dollars.
(b) The equivalent of one hundred thousand dollars.
(c) The equivalent of fifty thousand dollars.
(d) The equivalent of five hundred dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color do Scarlett's baby's eyes turn in Chapter 64?
2. Who does Colum bring with him to Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
3. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
4. What is the weather like when Scarlett goes into labor?
5. Why does Scarlett decide to continue to Ireland after her circumstances change?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)