|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Colum O'Hara's vocation?
(a) He is a priest.
(b) He is a contractor.
(c) He is a businessman.
(d) He is a baker.
2. What is the travelers' destination in Chapter 48?
(a) The County Meath.
(b) The County Kerry.
(c) The County Tipperary.
(d) The County Donegal.
3. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
(a) A church.
(b) Rhett's plantation.
(c) The O'Hara house.
(d) To her grandfather's house.
4. Who performs a caesarean on Scarlett?
(a) The old woman who lives near a tower.
(b) A doctor.
(c) The blacksmith.
(d) The midwife.
5. What story does the midwife go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby was covered in bruises when it was delivered.
(b) That the baby hissed when she first saw Scarlett.
(c) That the baby was already dead when she arrived.
(d) That the baby was screaming louder than any baby she had ever heard.
6. Why does Scarlett's grandfather laugh at her after she arrives late for dinner in Chapter 34?
(a) Because of the ridiculous outfit she is wearing to dinner.
(b) Because he is slightly crazy.
(c) Because she cries easily.
(d) Because Scarlett stands up to him.
7. What does the letter that Scarlett receives in Chapter 54 indicate?
(a) That Rhett has filed for divorce.
(b) That Rhett has had a run-in with the Yankees.
(c) That Rhett misses her deeply.
(d) That Rhett is broke.
8. What is the weather like when Scarlett goes into labor?
(a) It is stormy.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is overcast.
9. What does Colum think Ballyhara is a prime place for?
(a) A camp for the Fenian men.
(b) Family gatherings.
(c) Wedding ceremonies.
(d) The county center.
10. How does Scarlett get around the house rules during Lent?
(a) She eats breakfast at the neighbor's home after eating it at her own home.
(b) She gives her maid money to bring her extra food.
(c) She gets food from the bakery.
(d) She sneaks food from the pantry.
11. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
(a) Her grandfather throws a tantrum causing Scarlett to become angry.
(b) The guests are late in arriving.
(c) Her grandfather and aunts refuse their food.
(d) The food is not properly prepared.
12. Who does Scarlett want as her baby's godfather?
13. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54?
(a) To officiate a wedding.
(b) To avoid the preparations for Scarlett's grandmother's birthday.
(c) To meet with an old friend.
(d) To buy supplies for a party.
14. What is the name of the ship which Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen take to Ireland?
(a) The "Brian Boru".
(b) The "Red Ruby".
(c) The "Cork Cruise".
(d) The "Queen Victoria".
15. Who does Scarlett receive a letter from in Chapter 38?
(a) Henry Hamilton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does she demand this of the servant in Chapter 36?
2. What color do Scarlett's baby's eyes turn in Chapter 64?
3. Who does Scarlett put on a train in Chapter 43?
4. Who is homesick for Ireland in Chapter 44?
5. At what point does Scarlett's joy in the Ballyhara project become lost?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)