|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Scarlett win in the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) Five hundred and fourteen dollars.
(b) Eighty dollars.
(c) Two-hundred and forty-seven dollars.
(d) Fifty-three dollars.
2. What does the blacksmith at first refuse to do in Chapter 62?
(a) Fetch a doctor.
(b) Try to calm down Scarlett.
(c) Clean off the baby.
(d) Deliver Scarlett's baby.
3. Who does Scarlett receive a letter from in Chapter 38?
(c) Henry Hamilton.
4. Why does Scarlett give Colum her winnings from the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) So he can trade it for the local currency.
(b) So he can give it to the poor.
(c) So he can put it towards his cause.
(d) So he can buy her some Irish souvenirs.
5. How much money does Rhett send Scarlett in Chapter 38?
(a) 50,000 dollars.
(b) 250,000 dollars.
(c) 100,000 dollars.
(d) Half a million dollars.
6. What is Scarlett's dream for Ballyhara?
(a) To have all of the O'Hara family live there.
(b) To grow the best crops around there.
(c) For Ballyhara to make her the richest woman in Ireland.
(d) To raise her children there.
7. What is Scarlett upset by during the fair in Chapter 52?
(a) That the men aren't noticing her as much as she'd like.
(b) That the people there consider fighting fun.
(c) That the weather will not cooperate.
(d) That someone spilled a drink on her dress.
8. Who is homesick for Ireland in Chapter 44?
9. What is the travelers' destination in Chapter 48?
(a) The County Meath.
(b) The County Tipperary.
(c) The County Kerry.
(d) The County Donegal.
10. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do in Chapter 44?
(a) Show Rhett that she is a good mother by visiting their children.
(c) Wait for Rhett to return.
(d) Send Rhett an urgent message.
11. What does Scarlett give the soldiers who arrive at her grandmother's house during a visit in Chapter 60?
(a) Some family heirlooms.
(c) Her business card.
(d) All the weapons at her grandmother's house.
12. What does Scarlett's hostess honor Scarlett with in Chapter 51?
(a) A dinner party.
(b) A tea party.
(c) A family picnic.
(d) A dance.
13. What does everyone do at Daniel's while Scarlett is out in Chapter 58?
(a) They gossip about Scarlett and her past.
(b) They have a feast.
(c) They read and hold the rare telegraphs.
(d) They sing and dance.
14. What does Scarlett think the status of her relationship with Rhett is as of Chapter 53?
(a) Scarlett believes the marriage to be over.
(b) Scarlett believes Rhett is ready to reconcile, but Scarlett is not.
(c) Scarlett believes she can claim Rhett at any time.
(d) Scarlett believes Rhett will forgive her in time.
15. Why do the Ballyhara workers hate answering to Scarlett?
(a) Because she is American.
(b) Because she is a relative of Colum's.
(c) Because she is a woman and is domineering.
(d) Because she doesn't know anything about working the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Scarlett gone when the visitors arrive at Daniel's in Chapter 58?
2. Who are James and Andrew O'Hara?
3. What is Scarlett bored by in Chapter 50?
4. What does Kathleen tell Scarlett about her grandmother in Chapter 61?
5. What does Colum think Ballyhara is a prime place for?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)