|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett demand of a servant carrying her grandfather's meal in Chapter 36?
(a) That he take away any red meat on the plate.
(b) That the meal should have more vegetables.
(c) That he add butter and ham to the meal.
(d) That he should not give her grandfather so much food so early in the day.
2. Who does Scarlett learn has died in Chapter 34?
(a) The manager at Scarlett's store.
(b) Two of Scarlett's cousins, Billy and Derek.
(c) Andrew and James' wives.
(d) Scarlett's favorite maid.
3. At what point does Scarlett's joy in the Ballyhara project become lost?
(a) When she hears further news about Rhett.
(b) When she becomes ill from overworking.
(c) When her cousins refuse to move there.
(d) When her children refuse to visit her in Ireland.
4. What must Scarlett do to receive her grandfather's fortune?
(a) Stay married to Rhett.
(b) Divorce Rhett.
(c) Have more children.
(d) Bring her children to Atlanta.
5. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54?
(a) To buy supplies for a party.
(b) To meet with an old friend.
(c) To officiate a wedding.
(d) To avoid the preparations for Scarlett's grandmother's birthday.
6. What does Scarlett name her baby?
(a) Katie Colum Butler.
(b) Katie O'Hara Butler.
(c) Katie Colum O'Hara.
(d) Katie Rhett O'Hara.
7. How is the baby described in Chapter 62?
(a) As having green eyes and pale skin.
(b) As having reddish hair and freckled skin.
(c) As having blue eyes and dark skin.
(d) As having dark black eyes and dark skin.
8. What color do Scarlett's baby's eyes turn in Chapter 64?
9. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
(a) The guests are late in arriving.
(b) Her grandfather and aunts refuse their food.
(c) Her grandfather throws a tantrum causing Scarlett to become angry.
(d) The food is not properly prepared.
10. Who does Scarlett ask to be the godmother of her baby?
(c) Mrs. Fitzpatrick.
11. What does Scarlett's hostess honor Scarlett with in Chapter 51?
(a) A dance.
(b) A family picnic.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A tea party.
12. What does Scarlett think the status of her relationship with Rhett is as of Chapter 53?
(a) Scarlett believes the marriage to be over.
(b) Scarlett believes she can claim Rhett at any time.
(c) Scarlett believes Rhett is ready to reconcile, but Scarlett is not.
(d) Scarlett believes Rhett will forgive her in time.
13. What is the name of the ship which Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen take to Ireland?
(a) The "Brian Boru".
(b) The "Red Ruby".
(c) The "Queen Victoria".
(d) The "Cork Cruise".
14. Who is Maureen?
(a) Jamie's wife.
(b) Rhett's sister.
(c) Scarlett's friend.
(d) Scarlett's aunt.
15. What do Colum and Scarlett come across on their way to their destination in Chapter 49?
(a) A violent storm.
(b) An injured horse.
(c) A cottage on fire.
(d) A hungry family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colum O'Hara's vocation?
2. Whose demeanor is Scarlett pleased by in Chapter 50?
3. Who does Colum visit in Chapter 59?
4. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
5. Who is Scarlett denied an audience with in Chapter 33?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)