|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54?
(a) To officiate a wedding.
(b) To buy supplies for a party.
(c) To avoid the preparations for Scarlett's grandmother's birthday.
(d) To meet with an old friend.
2. What does Scarlett demand of a servant carrying her grandfather's meal in Chapter 36?
(a) That the meal should have more vegetables.
(b) That he should not give her grandfather so much food so early in the day.
(c) That he take away any red meat on the plate.
(d) That he add butter and ham to the meal.
3. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
(a) A conversation about her father.
(b) A conversation about how life was before the war.
(c) Remembering Bonnie.
(d) A love song which reminds her of Rhett.
4. What do Scarlett and Colum visit in Chapter 52?
(a) An old castle once belonging to the O'Haras.
(b) Scarlett's father's childhood home.
(c) A piece of land which Scarlett hopes to buy.
(d) The Tara of Ireland.
5. What is the weather like when Scarlett goes into labor?
(a) It is stormy.
(b) It is overcast.
(c) It is sunny.
(d) It is raining.
6. Who does Colum visit in Chapter 59?
(a) James Raulston.
(b) Jory Ritter.
(c) Jon Ramses.
(d) Jim Ryan.
7. What does Scarlett's hostess honor Scarlett with in Chapter 51?
(a) A family picnic.
(b) A dance.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) A tea party.
8. What does Scarlett give the soldiers who arrive at her grandmother's house during a visit in Chapter 60?
(a) Some family heirlooms.
(b) All the weapons at her grandmother's house.
(d) Her business card.
9. Whose demeanor is Scarlett pleased by in Chapter 50?
(a) Her cousin's.
(b) Her aunt's.
(c) Her grandmother's.
(d) Her uncle's.
10. Who is Maureen?
(a) Jamie's wife.
(b) Scarlett's friend.
(c) Scarlett's aunt.
(d) Rhett's sister.
11. Why do the Ballyhara workers hate answering to Scarlett?
(a) Because she is a woman and is domineering.
(b) Because she doesn't know anything about working the land.
(c) Because she is American.
(d) Because she is a relative of Colum's.
12. Why does Scarlett decide to continue to Ireland after her circumstances change?
(a) She fears being confined if she goes back to Charleston.
(b) She doesn't want to disappoint Colum.
(c) She wishes to set foot on her homeland just once.
(d) She wants to meet her Irish relatives.
13. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do in Chapter 44?
(a) Send Rhett an urgent message.
(c) Wait for Rhett to return.
(d) Show Rhett that she is a good mother by visiting their children.
14. What does Scarlett dislike about the guests in Chapter 51?
(a) How they compete to be the most refined.
(b) How they don't wash before eating.
(c) How they speak down to Scarlett.
(d) How they try to mimic Scarlett's accent.
15. Who is Mrs. Fitzpatrick?
(a) A merchant who gives Scarlett discounts.
(b) Scarlett's neighbor.
(c) A woman hired to help Scarlett with the house.
(d) Colum's nanny when he was a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scarlett first stay with in Ireland?
2. Who does Scarlett receive a letter from in Chapter 38?
3. What information about Maureen horrifies Scarlett in Chapter 40?
4. What is Scarlett's dream for Ballyhara?
5. What does Scarlett give to Colum in Chapter 57?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)