|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Colum visit in Chapter 59?
(a) Jon Ramses.
(b) Jory Ritter.
(c) Jim Ryan.
(d) James Raulston.
2. At what point does Scarlett's joy in the Ballyhara project become lost?
(a) When her children refuse to visit her in Ireland.
(b) When she hears further news about Rhett.
(c) When she becomes ill from overworking.
(d) When her cousins refuse to move there.
3. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
(a) A conversation about her father.
(b) A conversation about how life was before the war.
(c) A love song which reminds her of Rhett.
(d) Remembering Bonnie.
4. How much does Scarlett win in the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) Eighty dollars.
(b) Five hundred and fourteen dollars.
(c) Fifty-three dollars.
(d) Two-hundred and forty-seven dollars.
5. Where do Scarlett and Colum ride to in Chapter 53?
(a) The river Suir.
(b) The river Swilly.
(c) The river Blackwater.
(d) The river Boyne.
6. What does Scarlett participate in in Chapter 45?
(a) The reception of her friend's wedding.
(b) The Saint Patrick's Day festivities.
(c) A fundraiser for the wounded soldiers.
(d) The unveiling of the new town hall.
7. Where has Scarlett gone when the visitors arrive at Daniel's in Chapter 58?
(a) Scarlett has gone to look over the land.
(b) Scarlett has gone to buy horses.
(c) Scarlett has gone to hire some help.
(d) Scarlett has gone to the dock to retrieve the mail.
8. What is the weather like when Scarlett goes into labor?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is stormy.
(c) It is sunny.
(d) It is overcast.
9. Who is Maureen?
(a) Scarlett's aunt.
(b) Rhett's sister.
(c) Jamie's wife.
(d) Scarlett's friend.
10. What does the blacksmith at first refuse to do in Chapter 62?
(a) Try to calm down Scarlett.
(b) Clean off the baby.
(c) Fetch a doctor.
(d) Deliver Scarlett's baby.
11. What is Colum O'Hara's vocation?
(a) He is a businessman.
(b) He is a contractor.
(c) He is a priest.
(d) He is a baker.
12. Who does Scarlett put on a train in Chapter 43?
13. What do Scarlett and Colum visit in Chapter 52?
(a) Scarlett's father's childhood home.
(b) The Tara of Ireland.
(c) A piece of land which Scarlett hopes to buy.
(d) An old castle once belonging to the O'Haras.
14. Why does Scarlett decide to continue to Ireland after her circumstances change?
(a) She fears being confined if she goes back to Charleston.
(b) She doesn't want to disappoint Colum.
(c) She wishes to set foot on her homeland just once.
(d) She wants to meet her Irish relatives.
15. What does Scarlett dislike about the guests in Chapter 51?
(a) How they compete to be the most refined.
(b) How they speak down to Scarlett.
(c) How they don't wash before eating.
(d) How they try to mimic Scarlett's accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett's hostess honor Scarlett with in Chapter 51?
2. In Chapter 38, what leads the president of the bank to make a fuss over Scarlett?
3. Where do Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen stay in Chapter 48?
4. Why does the midwife tell Colum to stay in Chapter 62?
5. What does Scarlett decide to do in Chapter 46?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)