|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarlett react to the realization she makes during her trip to Ireland?
(a) She is at peace.
(b) She feels regret and sadness.
(c) She is excited and happy.
(d) She feels panicked.
2. Who does Scarlett learn has died in Chapter 34?
(a) Andrew and James' wives.
(b) Two of Scarlett's cousins, Billy and Derek.
(c) Scarlett's favorite maid.
(d) The manager at Scarlett's store.
3. What does the news clipping which Scarlett receives from Aunt Paulie say?
(a) That Rhett has married.
(b) That Rhett is bankrupt.
(c) That Rhett is in jail.
(d) That Rhett is ill.
4. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
(a) Rhett's plantation.
(b) A church.
(c) To her grandfather's house.
(d) The O'Hara house.
5. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
(a) Remembering Bonnie.
(b) A conversation about how life was before the war.
(c) A love song which reminds her of Rhett.
(d) A conversation about her father.
6. What is the travelers' destination in Chapter 48?
(a) The County Meath.
(b) The County Donegal.
(c) The County Tipperary.
(d) The County Kerry.
7. How is the baby described in Chapter 62?
(a) As having dark black eyes and dark skin.
(b) As having green eyes and pale skin.
(c) As having blue eyes and dark skin.
(d) As having reddish hair and freckled skin.
8. What does everyone do at Daniel's while Scarlett is out in Chapter 58?
(a) They gossip about Scarlett and her past.
(b) They have a feast.
(c) They read and hold the rare telegraphs.
(d) They sing and dance.
9. Why does Scarlett give Colum her winnings from the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) So he can give it to the poor.
(b) So he can trade it for the local currency.
(c) So he can buy her some Irish souvenirs.
(d) So he can put it towards his cause.
10. What information about Maureen horrifies Scarlett in Chapter 40?
(a) That she once worked in a gambling house.
(b) That she is going blind.
(c) That she is unable to have children.
(d) That she used to be a barmaid.
11. What does Scarlett realize during her journey to Ireland?
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she belongs at Tara.
(c) That she is over Rhett.
(d) That Rhett still loves her.
12. What does Colum think Ballyhara is a prime place for?
(a) The county center.
(b) Family gatherings.
(c) Wedding ceremonies.
(d) A camp for the Fenian men.
13. Where do Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen stay in Chapter 48?
(a) The Railway Hotel.
(b) The Mountaintop Hotel.
(c) The Lionheart Hotel.
(d) The Blue Moon Motel.
14. Who are James and Andrew O'Hara?
(a) Scarlett's uncles.
(b) Scarlett's great-uncles.
(c) Scarlett's cousins.
(d) Scarlett's brothers.
15. What story does the midwife go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby was covered in bruises when it was delivered.
(b) That the baby hissed when she first saw Scarlett.
(c) That the baby was screaming louder than any baby she had ever heard.
(d) That the baby was already dead when she arrived.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett give the soldiers who arrive at her grandmother's house during a visit in Chapter 60?
2. What does the letter that Scarlett receives in Chapter 54 indicate?
3. What must Scarlett do to receive her grandfather's fortune?
4. What do Scarlett and Colum visit in Chapter 52?
5. Why does Scarlett's grandfather laugh at her after she arrives late for dinner in Chapter 34?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)