|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Scarlett learn has died in Chapter 34?
(a) The manager at Scarlett's store.
(b) Andrew and James' wives.
(c) Two of Scarlett's cousins, Billy and Derek.
(d) Scarlett's favorite maid.
2. What do Colum and Scarlett come across on their way to their destination in Chapter 49?
(a) A cottage on fire.
(b) A violent storm.
(c) An injured horse.
(d) A hungry family.
3. What is the travelers' destination in Chapter 48?
(a) The County Tipperary.
(b) The County Donegal.
(c) The County Kerry.
(d) The County Meath.
4. Where do Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen stay in Chapter 48?
(a) The Lionheart Hotel.
(b) The Railway Hotel.
(c) The Blue Moon Motel.
(d) The Mountaintop Hotel.
5. Who does Colum visit in Chapter 59?
(a) Jory Ritter.
(b) Jon Ramses.
(c) James Raulston.
(d) Jim Ryan.
6. What does everyone do at Daniel's while Scarlett is out in Chapter 58?
(a) They gossip about Scarlett and her past.
(b) They read and hold the rare telegraphs.
(c) They sing and dance.
(d) They have a feast.
7. Why does she demand this of the servant in Chapter 36?
(a) She says her grandfather is ill.
(b) She says her grandfather is having stomach problems.
(c) She says that no one should ever go hungry.
(d) She says her grandfather dislikes red meat.
8. Who is Mrs. Fitzpatrick?
(a) Colum's nanny when he was a child.
(b) A merchant who gives Scarlett discounts.
(c) A woman hired to help Scarlett with the house.
(d) Scarlett's neighbor.
9. Who is Maureen?
(a) Scarlett's friend.
(b) Scarlett's aunt.
(c) Rhett's sister.
(d) Jamie's wife.
10. Who does Colum bring with him to Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A priest.
(c) A bricklayer.
(d) A tutor.
11. Why does Scarlett decide to continue to Ireland after her circumstances change?
(a) She wishes to set foot on her homeland just once.
(b) She wants to meet her Irish relatives.
(c) She doesn't want to disappoint Colum.
(d) She fears being confined if she goes back to Charleston.
12. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
(a) The equivalent of one hundred thousand dollars.
(b) The equivalent of five hundred dollars.
(c) The equivalent of fifty thousand dollars.
(d) The equivalent of ten thousand dollars.
13. Who performs a caesarean on Scarlett?
(a) The midwife.
(b) The blacksmith.
(c) The old woman who lives near a tower.
(d) A doctor.
14. Who does Scarlett want as her baby's godfather?
15. At what point does Scarlett's joy in the Ballyhara project become lost?
(a) When she becomes ill from overworking.
(b) When her children refuse to visit her in Ireland.
(c) When her cousins refuse to move there.
(d) When she hears further news about Rhett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Scarlett do to receive her grandfather's fortune?
2. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
3. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54?
4. What is Scarlett bored by in Chapter 50?
5. What does Scarlett dislike about the guests in Chapter 51?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)