|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like when Scarlett goes into labor?
(a) It is stormy.
(b) It is overcast.
(c) It is sunny.
(d) It is raining.
2. Why does Scarlett give Colum her winnings from the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) So he can give it to the poor.
(b) So he can put it towards his cause.
(c) So he can buy her some Irish souvenirs.
(d) So he can trade it for the local currency.
3. Who is Scarlett denied an audience with in Chapter 33?
(b) The Mother Superior.
(c) Rhett's mother.
(d) Her children.
4. Who does Scarlett first stay with in Ireland?
5. What is Scarlett enamored by at the street market in Chapter 47?
(a) The clothing.
(b) The strange food.
(c) The different accents of the people.
(d) The loud merchants.
6. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
(a) The equivalent of five hundred dollars.
(b) The equivalent of one hundred thousand dollars.
(c) The equivalent of fifty thousand dollars.
(d) The equivalent of ten thousand dollars.
7. Who does Scarlett learn has died in Chapter 34?
(a) The manager at Scarlett's store.
(b) Andrew and James' wives.
(c) Scarlett's favorite maid.
(d) Two of Scarlett's cousins, Billy and Derek.
8. Who does Colum bring with him to Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A priest.
(c) A bricklayer.
(d) A tutor.
9. What does Colum speak to groups about?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) Helping the Irish people.
(c) The homeless.
(d) How to get rid of the Yankees.
10. What is Scarlett bored by in Chapter 50?
(a) The same card games.
(b) The green scenery.
(c) The bland food.
(d) The talk of cattle.
11. Who does Colum visit in Chapter 59?
(a) Jon Ramses.
(b) Jim Ryan.
(c) Jory Ritter.
(d) James Raulston.
12. What is Scarlett upset by during the fair in Chapter 52?
(a) That someone spilled a drink on her dress.
(b) That the weather will not cooperate.
(c) That the people there consider fighting fun.
(d) That the men aren't noticing her as much as she'd like.
13. At what point does Scarlett's joy in the Ballyhara project become lost?
(a) When she becomes ill from overworking.
(b) When her children refuse to visit her in Ireland.
(c) When her cousins refuse to move there.
(d) When she hears further news about Rhett.
14. What story does Joe O'Neill go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby smiled when she first saw Scarlett.
(b) That the baby has twelve toes.
(c) That the baby has a deformed ear.
(d) That the baby changed from a boy to a girl.
15. What is the name of the ship that has mail for Scarlett in Chapter 55?
(a) Queen Anne.
(b) Morning Glory.
(c) Evening Star.
(d) Sleepy Oak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
2. How much money does Rhett send Scarlett in Chapter 38?
3. Why does Scarlett's grandfather laugh at her after she arrives late for dinner in Chapter 34?
4. Who performs a caesarean on Scarlett?
5. What does Scarlett decide to do in Chapter 46?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)