|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarlett's dream for Ballyhara?
(a) To raise her children there.
(b) To grow the best crops around there.
(c) For Ballyhara to make her the richest woman in Ireland.
(d) To have all of the O'Hara family live there.
2. What does Kathleen tell Scarlett about her grandmother in Chapter 61?
(a) That she is cursed.
(b) That she believes her death is near.
(c) That she is calling out a strange man's name in her sleep.
(d) That she is hiding a great deal of money.
3. What does Colum think Ballyhara is a prime place for?
(a) A camp for the Fenian men.
(b) Wedding ceremonies.
(c) Family gatherings.
(d) The county center.
4. What does Scarlett demand of a servant carrying her grandfather's meal in Chapter 36?
(a) That he take away any red meat on the plate.
(b) That he should not give her grandfather so much food so early in the day.
(c) That the meal should have more vegetables.
(d) That he add butter and ham to the meal.
5. At what point does Scarlett's joy in the Ballyhara project become lost?
(a) When her children refuse to visit her in Ireland.
(b) When she becomes ill from overworking.
(c) When she hears further news about Rhett.
(d) When her cousins refuse to move there.
6. What is Scarlett enamored by at the street market in Chapter 47?
(a) The strange food.
(b) The clothing.
(c) The different accents of the people.
(d) The loud merchants.
7. In Chapter 38, what leads the president of the bank to make a fuss over Scarlett?
(a) Scarlett yells at him, leading him to feel intimidated.
(b) Her relation to Pierre Robillard.
(c) She is very beautiful.
(d) She has a reputation for being a savvy and business-minded woman.
8. What does everyone do at Daniel's while Scarlett is out in Chapter 58?
(a) They read and hold the rare telegraphs.
(b) They gossip about Scarlett and her past.
(c) They have a feast.
(d) They sing and dance.
9. How does Scarlett get around the house rules during Lent?
(a) She eats breakfast at the neighbor's home after eating it at her own home.
(b) She gets food from the bakery.
(c) She gives her maid money to bring her extra food.
(d) She sneaks food from the pantry.
10. What is the name of the ship which Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen take to Ireland?
(a) The "Queen Victoria".
(b) The "Red Ruby".
(c) The "Brian Boru".
(d) The "Cork Cruise".
11. Who does Colum visit in Chapter 59?
(a) Jon Ramses.
(b) James Raulston.
(c) Jim Ryan.
(d) Jory Ritter.
12. What is Scarlett upset by during the fair in Chapter 52?
(a) That someone spilled a drink on her dress.
(b) That the people there consider fighting fun.
(c) That the weather will not cooperate.
(d) That the men aren't noticing her as much as she'd like.
13. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
(a) To her grandfather's house.
(b) A church.
(c) The O'Hara house.
(d) Rhett's plantation.
14. How does Scarlett react to the realization she makes during her trip to Ireland?
(a) She is excited and happy.
(b) She is at peace.
(c) She feels panicked.
(d) She feels regret and sadness.
15. What must Scarlett do to receive her grandfather's fortune?
(a) Divorce Rhett.
(b) Stay married to Rhett.
(c) Have more children.
(d) Bring her children to Atlanta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett give the soldiers who arrive at her grandmother's house during a visit in Chapter 60?
2. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do in Chapter 44?
3. What is the weather like when Scarlett goes into labor?
4. Who does Colum bring with him to Ballyhara in Chapter 59?
5. What is the name of the ship that has mail for Scarlett in Chapter 55?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)