|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is homesick for Ireland in Chapter 44?
2. Who performs a caesarean on Scarlett?
(a) The blacksmith.
(b) The old woman who lives near a tower.
(c) A doctor.
(d) The midwife.
3. Who does Colum visit in Chapter 59?
(a) Jim Ryan.
(b) Jon Ramses.
(c) Jory Ritter.
(d) James Raulston.
4. How is the baby described in Chapter 62?
(a) As having blue eyes and dark skin.
(b) As having green eyes and pale skin.
(c) As having dark black eyes and dark skin.
(d) As having reddish hair and freckled skin.
5. What does Scarlett think the status of her relationship with Rhett is as of Chapter 53?
(a) Scarlett believes Rhett is ready to reconcile, but Scarlett is not.
(b) Scarlett believes Rhett will forgive her in time.
(c) Scarlett believes the marriage to be over.
(d) Scarlett believes she can claim Rhett at any time.
6. What story does the midwife go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby was covered in bruises when it was delivered.
(b) That the baby was already dead when she arrived.
(c) That the baby was screaming louder than any baby she had ever heard.
(d) That the baby hissed when she first saw Scarlett.
7. Whose demeanor is Scarlett pleased by in Chapter 50?
(a) Her cousin's.
(b) Her grandmother's.
(c) Her uncle's.
(d) Her aunt's.
8. What is Scarlett upset by during the fair in Chapter 52?
(a) That the people there consider fighting fun.
(b) That the weather will not cooperate.
(c) That the men aren't noticing her as much as she'd like.
(d) That someone spilled a drink on her dress.
9. In Chapter 38, what leads the president of the bank to make a fuss over Scarlett?
(a) She has a reputation for being a savvy and business-minded woman.
(b) Scarlett yells at him, leading him to feel intimidated.
(c) Her relation to Pierre Robillard.
(d) She is very beautiful.
10. What must Scarlett do to receive her grandfather's fortune?
(a) Have more children.
(b) Stay married to Rhett.
(c) Bring her children to Atlanta.
(d) Divorce Rhett.
11. Who does Scarlett ask to be the godmother of her baby?
(a) Mrs. Fitzpatrick.
12. Who does Scarlett learn has died in Chapter 34?
(a) Scarlett's favorite maid.
(b) Andrew and James' wives.
(c) Two of Scarlett's cousins, Billy and Derek.
(d) The manager at Scarlett's store.
13. Why does the midwife tell Colum to stay in Chapter 62?
(a) To help with the birth.
(b) To distract Scarlett.
(c) To perform last rites.
(d) To stay in case they need to call on a doctor.
14. What does Colum speak to groups about?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) Helping the Irish people.
(c) How to get rid of the Yankees.
(d) The homeless.
15. Who is Mrs. Fitzpatrick?
(a) Scarlett's neighbor.
(b) A merchant who gives Scarlett discounts.
(c) Colum's nanny when he was a child.
(d) A woman hired to help Scarlett with the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarlett's dream for Ballyhara?
2. How much does Scarlett win in the card game in Chapter 47?
3. Why does Scarlett's grandfather laugh at her after she arrives late for dinner in Chapter 34?
4. What does everyone do at Daniel's while Scarlett is out in Chapter 58?
5. What does Colum think Ballyhara is a prime place for?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)