|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the midwife tell Colum to stay in Chapter 62?
(a) To stay in case they need to call on a doctor.
(b) To perform last rites.
(c) To help with the birth.
(d) To distract Scarlett.
2. Who does Scarlett receive a letter from in Chapter 38?
(c) Henry Hamilton.
3. How much does Scarlett win in the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) Eighty dollars.
(b) Five hundred and fourteen dollars.
(c) Fifty-three dollars.
(d) Two-hundred and forty-seven dollars.
4. Why do the Ballyhara workers hate answering to Scarlett?
(a) Because she doesn't know anything about working the land.
(b) Because she is a woman and is domineering.
(c) Because she is a relative of Colum's.
(d) Because she is American.
5. What does Scarlett's hostess honor Scarlett with in Chapter 51?
(a) A dance.
(b) A dinner party.
(c) A family picnic.
(d) A tea party.
6. Why does Scarlett give Colum her winnings from the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) So he can give it to the poor.
(b) So he can put it towards his cause.
(c) So he can trade it for the local currency.
(d) So he can buy her some Irish souvenirs.
7. At what point does Scarlett's joy in the Ballyhara project become lost?
(a) When she becomes ill from overworking.
(b) When she hears further news about Rhett.
(c) When her cousins refuse to move there.
(d) When her children refuse to visit her in Ireland.
8. What do Scarlett and Colum visit in Chapter 52?
(a) The Tara of Ireland.
(b) An old castle once belonging to the O'Haras.
(c) A piece of land which Scarlett hopes to buy.
(d) Scarlett's father's childhood home.
9. Who is Scarlett denied an audience with in Chapter 33?
(b) The Mother Superior.
(c) Her children.
(d) Rhett's mother.
10. What is Scarlett enamored by at the street market in Chapter 47?
(a) The clothing.
(b) The loud merchants.
(c) The strange food.
(d) The different accents of the people.
11. What does Scarlett conclude after touring the large house in Chapter 61?
(a) It is in need of a great deal of repair.
(b) It is much larger than she thought.
(c) It is breathtaking.
(d) It has a lot of spirit.
12. What must Scarlett do to receive her grandfather's fortune?
(a) Stay married to Rhett.
(b) Bring her children to Atlanta.
(c) Have more children.
(d) Divorce Rhett.
13. Whose demeanor is Scarlett pleased by in Chapter 50?
(a) Her uncle's.
(b) Her cousin's.
(c) Her aunt's.
(d) Her grandmother's.
14. Where do Scarlett, Colum and Kathleen stay in Chapter 48?
(a) The Railway Hotel.
(b) The Mountaintop Hotel.
(c) The Lionheart Hotel.
(d) The Blue Moon Motel.
15. What does Scarlett dislike about the guests in Chapter 51?
(a) How they speak down to Scarlett.
(b) How they compete to be the most refined.
(c) How they don't wash before eating.
(d) How they try to mimic Scarlett's accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colum advise Scarlett to do in Chapter 44?
2. Who does Scarlett first stay with in Ireland?
3. What does the letter that Scarlett receives in Chapter 54 indicate?
4. Why does Colum leave for the day in Chapter 54?
5. What is Scarlett upset by during the fair in Chapter 52?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)