|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Scarlett learn has died in Chapter 34?
(a) Scarlett's favorite maid.
(b) The manager at Scarlett's store.
(c) Andrew and James' wives.
(d) Two of Scarlett's cousins, Billy and Derek.
2. What must Scarlett do to receive her grandfather's fortune?
(a) Stay married to Rhett.
(b) Divorce Rhett.
(c) Have more children.
(d) Bring her children to Atlanta.
3. Why does the midwife tell Colum to stay in Chapter 62?
(a) To distract Scarlett.
(b) To perform last rites.
(c) To stay in case they need to call on a doctor.
(d) To help with the birth.
4. What story does the midwife go around telling in Chapter 63?
(a) That the baby hissed when she first saw Scarlett.
(b) That the baby was covered in bruises when it was delivered.
(c) That the baby was already dead when she arrived.
(d) That the baby was screaming louder than any baby she had ever heard.
5. Why do the Ballyhara workers hate answering to Scarlett?
(a) Because she is a relative of Colum's.
(b) Because she is a woman and is domineering.
(c) Because she doesn't know anything about working the land.
(d) Because she is American.
6. In Chapter 38, what leads the president of the bank to make a fuss over Scarlett?
(a) She is very beautiful.
(b) She has a reputation for being a savvy and business-minded woman.
(c) Scarlett yells at him, leading him to feel intimidated.
(d) Her relation to Pierre Robillard.
7. What is the weather like when Scarlett goes into labor?
(a) It is overcast.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is stormy.
8. How does Scarlett react to the realization she makes during her trip to Ireland?
(a) She feels panicked.
(b) She is excited and happy.
(c) She is at peace.
(d) She feels regret and sadness.
9. Who does Scarlett ask to be the godmother of her baby?
(c) Mrs. Fitzpatrick.
10. Who does Scarlett want as her baby's godfather?
11. What does the news clipping which Scarlett receives from Aunt Paulie say?
(a) That Rhett has married.
(b) That Rhett is ill.
(c) That Rhett is in jail.
(d) That Rhett is bankrupt.
12. What does Scarlett dislike about the guests in Chapter 51?
(a) How they don't wash before eating.
(b) How they try to mimic Scarlett's accent.
(c) How they speak down to Scarlett.
(d) How they compete to be the most refined.
13. Who is Mrs. Fitzpatrick?
(a) A merchant who gives Scarlett discounts.
(b) A woman hired to help Scarlett with the house.
(c) Colum's nanny when he was a child.
(d) Scarlett's neighbor.
14. Who does Scarlett put on a train in Chapter 43?
15. Why does Scarlett decide to continue to Ireland after her circumstances change?
(a) She wishes to set foot on her homeland just once.
(b) She fears being confined if she goes back to Charleston.
(c) She wants to meet her Irish relatives.
(d) She doesn't want to disappoint Colum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who performs a caesarean on Scarlett?
2. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
3. Where does Scarlett go after escaping a social event in Chapter 41?
4. Where do Scarlett and Colum ride to in Chapter 53?
5. Who is Maureen?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)