|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarlett get around the house rules during Lent?
(a) She gets food from the bakery.
(b) She sneaks food from the pantry.
(c) She eats breakfast at the neighbor's home after eating it at her own home.
(d) She gives her maid money to bring her extra food.
2. Where has Scarlett gone when the visitors arrive at Daniel's in Chapter 58?
(a) Scarlett has gone to buy horses.
(b) Scarlett has gone to the dock to retrieve the mail.
(c) Scarlett has gone to hire some help.
(d) Scarlett has gone to look over the land.
3. Who are James and Andrew O'Hara?
(a) Scarlett's uncles.
(b) Scarlett's cousins.
(c) Scarlett's great-uncles.
(d) Scarlett's brothers.
4. Who does Scarlett want as her baby's godfather?
5. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
(a) A conversation about her father.
(b) A conversation about how life was before the war.
(c) A love song which reminds her of Rhett.
(d) Remembering Bonnie.
6. What does Scarlett realize during her journey to Ireland?
(a) That she is over Rhett.
(b) That Rhett still loves her.
(c) That she belongs at Tara.
(d) That she is pregnant.
7. What is Scarlett upset by during the fair in Chapter 52?
(a) That the weather will not cooperate.
(b) That someone spilled a drink on her dress.
(c) That the men aren't noticing her as much as she'd like.
(d) That the people there consider fighting fun.
8. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
(a) The equivalent of ten thousand dollars.
(b) The equivalent of fifty thousand dollars.
(c) The equivalent of five hundred dollars.
(d) The equivalent of one hundred thousand dollars.
9. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
(a) The guests are late in arriving.
(b) Her grandfather and aunts refuse their food.
(c) The food is not properly prepared.
(d) Her grandfather throws a tantrum causing Scarlett to become angry.
10. What is the weather like when Scarlett goes into labor?
(a) It is stormy.
(b) It is overcast.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is sunny.
11. What is Scarlett bored by in Chapter 50?
(a) The green scenery.
(b) The bland food.
(c) The same card games.
(d) The talk of cattle.
12. How much money does Rhett send Scarlett in Chapter 38?
(a) 100,000 dollars.
(b) Half a million dollars.
(c) 250,000 dollars.
(d) 50,000 dollars.
13. Who does Scarlett first stay with in Ireland?
14. What information about Maureen horrifies Scarlett in Chapter 40?
(a) That she is going blind.
(b) That she used to be a barmaid.
(c) That she is unable to have children.
(d) That she once worked in a gambling house.
15. What does Scarlett demand of a servant carrying her grandfather's meal in Chapter 36?
(a) That he add butter and ham to the meal.
(b) That he should not give her grandfather so much food so early in the day.
(c) That he take away any red meat on the plate.
(d) That the meal should have more vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that has mail for Scarlett in Chapter 55?
2. What is Scarlett enamored by at the street market in Chapter 47?
3. What does the letter that Scarlett receives in Chapter 54 indicate?
4. Who is homesick for Ireland in Chapter 44?
5. Why does the midwife tell Colum to stay in Chapter 62?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)