|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Scarlett and Colum ride to in Chapter 53?
(a) The river Swilly.
(b) The river Blackwater.
(c) The river Suir.
(d) The river Boyne.
2. Why does the midwife tell Colum to stay in Chapter 62?
(a) To perform last rites.
(b) To help with the birth.
(c) To stay in case they need to call on a doctor.
(d) To distract Scarlett.
3. What causes Scarlett to tear up while visiting her relatives in Chapter 35?
(a) Remembering Bonnie.
(b) A love song which reminds her of Rhett.
(c) A conversation about her father.
(d) A conversation about how life was before the war.
4. What is Scarlett upset by during the fair in Chapter 52?
(a) That someone spilled a drink on her dress.
(b) That the men aren't noticing her as much as she'd like.
(c) That the weather will not cooperate.
(d) That the people there consider fighting fun.
5. What does Colum think Ballyhara is a prime place for?
(a) A camp for the Fenian men.
(b) Family gatherings.
(c) The county center.
(d) Wedding ceremonies.
6. Who does Scarlett ask to be the godmother of her baby?
(c) Mrs. Fitzpatrick.
7. What does Scarlett give the soldiers who arrive at her grandmother's house during a visit in Chapter 60?
(b) All the weapons at her grandmother's house.
(c) Her business card.
(d) Some family heirlooms.
8. What is Colum O'Hara's vocation?
(a) He is a businessman.
(b) He is a contractor.
(c) He is a priest.
(d) He is a baker.
9. What does Scarlett conclude after touring the large house in Chapter 61?
(a) It is much larger than she thought.
(b) It is breathtaking.
(c) It is in need of a great deal of repair.
(d) It has a lot of spirit.
10. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
(a) The equivalent of one hundred thousand dollars.
(b) The equivalent of ten thousand dollars.
(c) The equivalent of five hundred dollars.
(d) The equivalent of fifty thousand dollars.
11. How much money does Rhett send Scarlett in Chapter 38?
(a) Half a million dollars.
(b) 100,000 dollars.
(c) 250,000 dollars.
(d) 50,000 dollars.
12. In Chapter 38, what leads the president of the bank to make a fuss over Scarlett?
(a) Scarlett yells at him, leading him to feel intimidated.
(b) She has a reputation for being a savvy and business-minded woman.
(c) Her relation to Pierre Robillard.
(d) She is very beautiful.
13. Who does Scarlett put on a train in Chapter 43?
14. Who is homesick for Ireland in Chapter 44?
15. Who is Scarlett denied an audience with in Chapter 33?
(a) The Mother Superior.
(b) Her children.
(c) Rhett's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Scarlett win in the card game in Chapter 47?
2. What is Scarlett bored by in Chapter 50?
3. What is the weather like when Scarlett goes into labor?
4. Who performs a caesarean on Scarlett?
5. What does Scarlett give to Colum in Chapter 57?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)