|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
(a) The Confederate Home for Widows and Orphans.
(b) The Confederate Home for Wounded Soldiers.
(c) The Confederate Home for the Rebuilding of Charleston.
(d) The Confederate Home for the Homeless.
2. Why are all outsiders no longer welcomed in Charleston?
(a) There is a murderer loose.
(b) There is the chance of a plague.
(c) There is an initiative taking place aiming to rebuild Charleston's culture.
(d) The locals have been put off by northerners who occupy the city.
3. What does Rosemary suggest about Scarlett that Rhett dismisses in Chapter 20?
(a) That Scarlett is misunderstood.
(b) That Scarlett might mature.
(c) That Scarlett is still in love with him.
(d) That Scarlett has a plan to win him back.
4. What does Scarlett learn while visiting Henry Hamilton's office in Chapter 5?
(a) That her business is going under.
(b) That there is a financial crisis going on.
(c) That her debt has been cleared.
(d) That Rhett has inquired about her business.
5. What reminds Scarlett of Tara in Chapter 22?
(a) Miss Valerie Compton's plantation.
(b) Miss Denise Loughlin's plantation.
(c) Miss Paulette Waverley's plantation.
(d) Miss Julia Ashley's plantation.
6. Why is Tara unable to be repaired in Chapter 3?
(a) The Yankees will not allow repairs to be done.
(b) There is no money to pay the workers.
(c) Tara is beyond repair.
(d) There are no workers to hire.
7. What indicates to Scarlett that Ashley's lumber business is in trouble in Chapter 6?
(a) Ashley is disinterested in the business.
(b) The stock is marked down a great deal.
(c) Another lumber business has opened.
(d) There is too much stock.
8. Who does Rhett pick up from the train station in Chapter 19?
(a) His sister.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His mother.
9. What is the title of the second section of the novel?
(a) "High Times".
(b) "High Stakes".
(c) "High Tides".
(d) "High Risk".
10. Where do Eleanor and Scarlett go after waking early in Chapter 11?
(b) The cemetery.
(c) On a tour of the plantation.
(d) The market.
11. When Scarlett finds Ashley's house closed up in Chapter 5, where does she go to find him?
(a) At his sister's home.
(b) At his family home in South Carolina.
(c) His cottage in Savannah.
(d) Aunt Pittypat's house.
12. What does Rhett agree to do with Scarlett in Chapter 29?
(a) Go sailing.
(b) Plan her business.
(c) Visit their children.
(d) Visit her grandfather.
13. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
14. Who is Will Benteen?
(a) Scarlett's husband.
(b) Scarlett's brother-in-law.
(c) Scarlett's brother.
(d) Scarlett's uncle.
15. What does Scarlett notice a high number of upon her arrival in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) Vacant houses.
(b) Wounded ex-soldiers.
(c) Yankee soldiers.
(d) Homeless people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instruction has Rhett left at Scarlett's household in Atlanta in Chapter 5?
2. What is Rhett growing on his plantation in Chapter 17?
3. What is the name of Ashley's son?
4. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
5. What is Tara?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)