|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Emma notice about Anne Hampton in Chapter 12?
(a) That she has been looking at Rhett with loving eyes.
(b) That she is thinner.
(c) That she looks down on Scarlett.
(d) That she looks tired and forlorn.
2. Why do the residents of Charleston walk everywhere?
(a) There are no carriages available.
(b) It is better for one's health.
(c) The Yankees do not allow the use of carriages.
(d) The streets are covered in rubble.
3. Whose grave site does Scarlett visit in Chapter 1?
(a) Her father's.
(c) Her mother's.
4. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
(a) Her father.
5. What does Scarlett decide to do to help Ashley's business in Chapter 6?
(a) Build some houses.
(b) Meet with some contacts.
(c) Advertise his shop.
(d) Loan money to Ashley.
6. Where do Eleanor and Scarlett go after waking early in Chapter 11?
(a) On a tour of the plantation.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The market.
7. How does Scarlett earn Sally Brewton's respect?
(a) By buying food for the homeless.
(b) By teaching her something about onions.
(c) By cooking a delicious meal for her.
(d) By talking back to her.
8. Who does Scarlett dress as at the masquerade ball in Chapter 8?
(a) The Queen of Hearts.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
9. Where is Rhett in Chapter 16?
(a) His family home.
(b) New York.
(d) His plantation.
10. Who is dying at the end of Chapter 1?
(d) Scarlett's mother.
11. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's budding romance with Middleton?
(a) He is happy that Scarlett is moving on.
(b) He is curious, as he feels Middleton is too boring for Scarlett.
(c) He doesn't seem to notice.
(d) He is angrier than he has ever been before.
12. Why does Rhett visit Alicia Savage in Chapter 18?
(a) Alicia Savage is dying.
(b) Alicia Savage is an old friend he has not visited in years.
(c) Alicia Savage has information about Scarlett.
(d) Alicia claims she saw the Yankee soldier in her bedroom.
13. What does Rhett agree to do with Scarlett in Chapter 29?
(a) Plan her business.
(b) Go sailing.
(c) Visit their children.
(d) Visit her grandfather.
14. Who is Sister Mary Joseph?
(a) Scarlett's sister.
(b) Scarlett's mentor.
(c) Scarlett's cousin.
(d) Scarlett's aunt.
15. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's presence in Chapter 11?
(a) He is overjoyed.
(b) He is angered.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Scarlett and the family take to the Confederate Home in Chapter 21?
2. What was Sister Mary Joseph's name before joining the convent?
3. Why are all outsiders no longer welcomed in Charleston?
4. Where do Rhett and Scarlett stop on their return to Charleston in Chapter 17?
5. Why is Tara unable to be repaired in Chapter 3?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)