|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Scarlett unable to visit her children at Christmas in Chapter 8?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She has business in Atlanta.
(c) They have chickenpox.
(d) Rhett will not allow her to.
2. How does Scarlett react to the kiss forced upon her in Chapter 13?
(a) She faints.
(b) She reciprocates the kiss.
(c) She laughs it off.
(d) She is horrified.
3. Where do Rhett and Scarlett stop on their return to Charleston in Chapter 17?
(a) A church.
(b) Rhett's cottage.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Rhett's phosphate mine.
4. Why does Rhett demand to see Scarlett's clothes?
(a) He believes that she has bought a new wardrobe.
(b) He wishes to sell them to settle a gambling debt.
(c) He wishes to give them away.
(d) He wants to make sure she is taking care of herself.
5. According to Rhett, when will he return to Charleston, as of Chapter 32?
(a) When his children return to Charleston.
(b) When Scarlett leaves Charleston.
(c) After a business trip in California.
(d) After he tours Northern America.
6. Why does Scarlett leave her maid behind at Tara?
(a) To improve her skills.
(b) So she can conduct her business in private.
(c) To teach another maid how to arrange her daughter's hair.
(d) To save money.
7. What does Emma notice about Anne Hampton in Chapter 12?
(a) That she has been looking at Rhett with loving eyes.
(b) That she is thinner.
(c) That she looks down on Scarlett.
(d) That she looks tired and forlorn.
8. What does Scarlett notice a high number of upon her arrival in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) Yankee soldiers.
(b) Vacant houses.
(c) Wounded ex-soldiers.
(d) Homeless people.
9. Who forces a kiss on Scarlett in Chapter 13?
10. Who is Sheba?
(a) Scarlett's maid.
(b) Rhett's old flame.
(c) A crazy elderly woman.
(d) A famous seamstress.
11. Where does Rhett take Tommy Cooper in Chapter 18?
(a) To Scarlett so she can give him a lecture.
(b) To his plantation to have a conversation.
(c) A house of prostitution.
(d) To a priest for confession.
12. When Scarlett finds Ashley's house closed up in Chapter 5, where does she go to find him?
(a) His cottage in Savannah.
(b) At his sister's home.
(c) At his family home in South Carolina.
(d) Aunt Pittypat's house.
13. Who is Joe Colton?
(a) An architect.
(b) A priest.
(c) A contractor.
(d) An attorney.
14. What was Sister Mary Joseph's name before joining the convent?
15. Why does Scarlett agree to be Rosemary's chaperone in Chapter 22?
(a) Scarlett wants an excuse to get out of the house.
(b) Scarlett wishes to bond with Rosemary.
(c) Scarlett wishes to clear up a misunderstanding with Rosemary.
(d) Scarlett believes she will be able to be alone with Rhett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scarlett dress as at the masquerade ball in Chapter 8?
2. What is the name of Ashley's son?
3. What does Rosemary suggest about Scarlett that Rhett dismisses in Chapter 20?
4. What is the title of the second section of the novel?
5. How does Scarlett earn Sally Brewton's respect?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)