|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Scarlett's impression of Eleanor Butler when she meets her for the first time?
(a) Rhett shares many of Eleanor's qualities.
(b) Scarlett immediately likes her.
(c) Scarlett finds her distasteful.
(d) Scarlett is intrigued by her.
2. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
(a) She has to tend to her business matters.
(b) She misses her family in Charleston.
(c) She can't stand the noise the children make.
(d) She does not get along with Suellen.
3. When Scarlett finds Ashley's house closed up in Chapter 5, where does she go to find him?
(a) At his sister's home.
(b) Aunt Pittypat's house.
(c) His cottage in Savannah.
(d) At his family home in South Carolina.
4. What story involving criminal behavior does Scarlett hear in Chapter 16?
(a) A story of a Yankee soldier breaking into women's bedrooms.
(b) A story about a pair of criminals posing as a married couple.
(c) A story about a young orphan running off with Yankee weapons.
(d) A story of a wounded soldier who steals from the Yankees.
5. Why is Tara unable to be repaired in Chapter 3?
(a) The Yankees will not allow repairs to be done.
(b) Tara is beyond repair.
(c) There is no money to pay the workers.
(d) There are no workers to hire.
6. What does Rhett tell Scarlett he will stop doing if she remains in Charleston?
(a) Paying her bills.
(b) Helping her with her business.
(c) Protecting her good name.
(d) Speaking to her.
7. What does Scarlett note about the house she attends a ball at in Chapter 21?
(a) It is reminiscent of Twin Oaks.
(b) It reminds her of Tara.
(c) It is grander than Tara.
(d) It is neglected.
8. What does Scarlett know nothing about while at the market in Chapter 15?
(a) The various ocean fish.
(b) The vegetables and fruits.
(c) The red meats.
(d) How to barter for a better price.
9. What must Suellen do if Scarlett were to pay her a stipend?
(a) Tutor the local children who lost their parents during the war.
(b) Repair Tara.
(c) Allow Scarlett's children to remain at Tara.
(d) Allow Rhett to visit.
10. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
11. Why does Scarlett leave her maid behind at Tara?
(a) So she can conduct her business in private.
(b) To improve her skills.
(c) To save money.
(d) To teach another maid how to arrange her daughter's hair.
12. Where is Rhett in Chapter 16?
(b) His plantation.
(c) His family home.
(d) New York.
13. Who does Rhett pick up from the train station in Chapter 19?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
14. What does Scarlett arrange for India in Chapter 6?
(a) A job for her son at Scarlett's store.
(b) A care package for her ill mother.
(c) A ride to the neighboring town.
(d) A credit account at her store.
15. Where does Rhett take Tommy Cooper in Chapter 18?
(a) To Scarlett so she can give him a lecture.
(b) To a priest for confession.
(c) A house of prostitution.
(d) To his plantation to have a conversation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Scarlett and the family take to the Confederate Home in Chapter 21?
2. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
3. According to Rhett, what must Scarlett do to her clothes to fit in with Charleston society?
4. What is the name of Scarlett's store?
5. Why does Rhett visit Alicia Savage in Chapter 18?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)