|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Scarlett begin receiving many invitations in Chapter 16?
(a) Because Rhett has put in a good word for her.
(b) Because she has attracted the attention of a very wealthy gentleman.
(c) Because the new social season has started.
(d) Because of Sally's endorsement.
2. Who tries to throw himself in a grave in Chapter 1?
(b) Scarlett's uncle.
(d) Scarlett's son.
3. What is the name of the cemetery that Scarlett visits in Chapter 1?
(a) Georgia State Cemetery.
(b) Oakland Cemetery.
(c) Southern Belle Cemetery.
(d) Charleston Cemetery.
4. What does Scarlett notice a high number of upon her arrival in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) Homeless people.
(b) Yankee soldiers.
(c) Vacant houses.
(d) Wounded ex-soldiers.
5. Where do Eleanor and Scarlett go after waking early in Chapter 11?
(a) On a tour of the plantation.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The market.
6. Where does Rhett take Tommy Cooper in Chapter 18?
(a) To a priest for confession.
(b) To his plantation to have a conversation.
(c) A house of prostitution.
(d) To Scarlett so she can give him a lecture.
7. What story involving criminal behavior does Scarlett hear in Chapter 16?
(a) A story about a young orphan running off with Yankee weapons.
(b) A story of a wounded soldier who steals from the Yankees.
(c) A story of a Yankee soldier breaking into women's bedrooms.
(d) A story about a pair of criminals posing as a married couple.
8. What does Sally have little doubt of in Chapter 12?
(a) That Rhett despises Scarlett.
(b) That Scarlett is in love with Rhett.
(c) That Scarlett has a plan to get Rhett back.
(d) That Scarlett is a fiery figure.
9. What does Rosemary suggest about Scarlett that Rhett dismisses in Chapter 20?
(a) That Scarlett might mature.
(b) That Scarlett is misunderstood.
(c) That Scarlett is still in love with him.
(d) That Scarlett has a plan to win him back.
10. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
(a) The Confederate Home for the Rebuilding of Charleston.
(b) The Confederate Home for Widows and Orphans.
(c) The Confederate Home for the Homeless.
(d) The Confederate Home for Wounded Soldiers.
11. What city does Scarlett live in in Chapter 1?
(c) New Orleans.
12. Why does Rhett call Scarlett a barbarian in Chapter 17?
(a) Because she threatens to take their children far away.
(b) Because she shows little interest in their children.
(c) Because of her attitude toward his plantation's crop.
(d) Because she threatens to spread rumors about Rhett.
13. What does Bill Weller talk about which upsets Scarlett in Chapter 7?
(a) The Civil War.
(c) The Yankees.
(d) A scam he's running.
14. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
(b) Her father.
15. What does Rhett tell Scarlett he will stop doing if she remains in Charleston?
(a) Protecting her good name.
(b) Speaking to her.
(c) Paying her bills.
(d) Helping her with her business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Rosemary be touring soon, as of Chapter 22?
2. What must Rhett help Scarlett do before she will agree to leave Charleston?
3. Why does Rhett visit Alicia Savage in Chapter 18?
4. What must Suellen do if Scarlett were to pay her a stipend?
5. Where does Scarlett go when she first arrives in Charleston in Chapter 10?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)