|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scarlett go with her aunts in Chapter 16?
(b) An orchard.
(c) To Scarlett's new business site.
(d) To Rhett's plantation.
2. Why does Rhett call Scarlett a barbarian in Chapter 17?
(a) Because she shows little interest in their children.
(b) Because of her attitude toward his plantation's crop.
(c) Because she threatens to take their children far away.
(d) Because she threatens to spread rumors about Rhett.
3. Why does Scarlett spend a great deal of time with Middleton Courtney in Chapter 25?
(a) To make Rhett jealous.
(b) Middleton Courtney is a very wealthy man with a great deal of power.
(c) His business savvy impresses her.
(d) He owns property that she wishes to somehow get.
4. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
(a) The Confederate Home for the Rebuilding of Charleston.
(b) The Confederate Home for Widows and Orphans.
(c) The Confederate Home for Wounded Soldiers.
(d) The Confederate Home for the Homeless.
5. What does Rhett offer Scarlett to leave Charleston in Chapter 18?
(a) He agrees to not divorce her if she leaves.
(b) The deed on his house.
(c) Half a million dollars in gold.
(d) One more night together.
6. What is the name of the cemetery that Scarlett visits in Chapter 1?
(a) Oakland Cemetery.
(b) Georgia State Cemetery.
(c) Charleston Cemetery.
(d) Southern Belle Cemetery.
7. How does Scarlett earn Sally Brewton's respect?
(a) By talking back to her.
(b) By cooking a delicious meal for her.
(c) By teaching her something about onions.
(d) By buying food for the homeless.
8. What will Rosemary be touring soon, as of Chapter 22?
(a) South America.
9. How does Scarlett react to the kiss forced upon her in Chapter 13?
(a) She reciprocates the kiss.
(b) She faints.
(c) She is horrified.
(d) She laughs it off.
10. What does Rosemary confront Rhett about in Chapter 19?
(a) His poor crop choice at his plantation.
(b) Being too weak with Scarlett.
(c) Being unfeeling toward his wife.
(d) Being close-minded about the Yankee soldiers.
11. What are the names of Scarlett's children who are at Tara?
(a) Ella and Wade.
(b) Emma and Wendle.
(c) Emily and William.
(d) Elsie and Wallace.
12. What is Rhett growing on his plantation in Chapter 17?
13. What does Scarlett arrange for India in Chapter 6?
(a) A job for her son at Scarlett's store.
(b) A credit account at her store.
(c) A ride to the neighboring town.
(d) A care package for her ill mother.
14. Where is Rhett in Chapter 16?
(a) His plantation.
(b) His family home.
(c) New York.
15. Why does Scarlett begin receiving many invitations in Chapter 16?
(a) Because the new social season has started.
(b) Because Rhett has put in a good word for her.
(c) Because she has attracted the attention of a very wealthy gentleman.
(d) Because of Sally's endorsement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rhett demand to see Scarlett's clothes?
2. What does Scarlett ask Eleanor for help in convincing Rhett of in Chapter 11?
3. Where does Scarlett go when she first arrives in Charleston in Chapter 10?
4. Why is Scarlett unable to visit her children at Christmas in Chapter 8?
5. What does Sally have little doubt of in Chapter 12?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)