|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Scarlett dress as at the masquerade ball in Chapter 8?
(a) The Queen of Hearts.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
2. Why does Scarlett leave her maid behind at Tara?
(a) So she can conduct her business in private.
(b) To save money.
(c) To teach another maid how to arrange her daughter's hair.
(d) To improve her skills.
3. When Scarlett finds Ashley's house closed up in Chapter 5, where does she go to find him?
(a) Aunt Pittypat's house.
(b) His cottage in Savannah.
(c) At his sister's home.
(d) At his family home in South Carolina.
4. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's budding romance with Middleton?
(a) He doesn't seem to notice.
(b) He is angrier than he has ever been before.
(c) He is curious, as he feels Middleton is too boring for Scarlett.
(d) He is happy that Scarlett is moving on.
5. Who forces a kiss on Scarlett in Chapter 13?
6. What does Rosemary suggest about Scarlett that Rhett dismisses in Chapter 20?
(a) That Scarlett is misunderstood.
(b) That Scarlett might mature.
(c) That Scarlett is still in love with him.
(d) That Scarlett has a plan to win him back.
7. What does Rhett agree to do with Scarlett in Chapter 29?
(a) Go sailing.
(b) Visit her grandfather.
(c) Visit their children.
(d) Plan her business.
8. Who does the tiny grave belong to in Chapter 1?
(a) Scarlett's nephew.
(b) Scarlett's son.
(c) Scarlett's daughter.
(d) Melanie's daughter.
9. What indicates to Scarlett that Ashley's lumber business is in trouble in Chapter 6?
(a) The stock is marked down a great deal.
(b) There is too much stock.
(c) Another lumber business has opened.
(d) Ashley is disinterested in the business.
10. Who is Joe Colton?
(a) An attorney.
(b) A priest.
(c) A contractor.
(d) An architect.
11. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
12. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She throws a vase at the wall.
(b) She throws out her party guests.
(c) She cries by herself in the bathroom.
(d) She ignores Bill Weller.
13. What does Scarlett realize about Rosemary in Chapter 25?
(a) That Rosemary loves the plantation as much as Scarlett loves Tara.
(b) That Rosemary is a hard business woman.
(c) That Rosemary is a backstabber.
(d) That Rosemary is overcoming her own broken heart, just as Scarlett is.
14. What is the name of Ashley's son?
15. Why is Tara unable to be repaired in Chapter 3?
(a) There are no workers to hire.
(b) Tara is beyond repair.
(c) There is no money to pay the workers.
(d) The Yankees will not allow repairs to be done.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
2. Why is Scarlett unable to visit her children at Christmas in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
4. Whose grave site does Scarlett visit in Chapter 1?
5. What does Rhett offer Scarlett to leave Charleston in Chapter 18?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)