|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarlett react to the kiss forced upon her in Chapter 13?
(a) She is horrified.
(b) She laughs it off.
(c) She reciprocates the kiss.
(d) She faints.
2. Why are all outsiders no longer welcomed in Charleston?
(a) There is the chance of a plague.
(b) The locals have been put off by northerners who occupy the city.
(c) There is an initiative taking place aiming to rebuild Charleston's culture.
(d) There is a murderer loose.
3. Who is Sheba?
(a) Rhett's old flame.
(b) Scarlett's maid.
(c) A famous seamstress.
(d) A crazy elderly woman.
4. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
5. How does Sam Forrest know Scarlett?
(a) From her store.
(b) He was once a worker for her father.
(c) From her days of nursing soldiers in the hospital.
(d) He is her sister's old beau.
6. What is Tara?
(a) Rhett's family home.
(b) A boarding house.
(c) Scarlett's new property.
(d) Scarlett's childhood home.
7. Who is Joe Colton?
(a) A contractor.
(b) An architect.
(c) A priest.
(d) An attorney.
8. What does Scarlett know nothing about while at the market in Chapter 15?
(a) The vegetables and fruits.
(b) The red meats.
(c) How to barter for a better price.
(d) The various ocean fish.
9. What does Scarlett ask Eleanor for help in convincing Rhett of in Chapter 11?
(a) That he should lend her money.
(b) That Rhett should return to Atlanta.
(c) That Rhett should forgive her.
(d) That another baby is a good idea.
10. Where do Eleanor and Scarlett go after waking early in Chapter 11?
(a) The market.
(b) On a tour of the plantation.
(d) The cemetery.
11. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
(a) The Confederate Home for Widows and Orphans.
(b) The Confederate Home for Wounded Soldiers.
(c) The Confederate Home for the Homeless.
(d) The Confederate Home for the Rebuilding of Charleston.
12. Why does Scarlett leave her maid behind at Tara?
(a) To improve her skills.
(b) So she can conduct her business in private.
(c) To teach another maid how to arrange her daughter's hair.
(d) To save money.
13. What do Scarlett and the family take to the Confederate Home in Chapter 21?
(a) Greenery from the plantation.
(c) Lumber from Ashley's lumberyard.
(d) Hand-sewn quilts.
14. Why does Scarlett agree to be Rosemary's chaperone in Chapter 22?
(a) Scarlett wants an excuse to get out of the house.
(b) Scarlett wishes to clear up a misunderstanding with Rosemary.
(c) Scarlett wishes to bond with Rosemary.
(d) Scarlett believes she will be able to be alone with Rhett.
15. Whose grave site does Scarlett visit in Chapter 1?
(a) Her mother's.
(c) Her father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an angry group of workers gather outside of Rhett's plantation in Chapter 23?
2. What is Rhett growing on his plantation in Chapter 17?
3. Why does Rhett visit Alicia Savage in Chapter 18?
4. What does Joe Colleton tell Ashley is the reason for Scarlett's visit to the building site in Chapter 9?
5. What story involving criminal behavior does Scarlett hear in Chapter 16?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)