|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the cemetery that Scarlett visits in Chapter 1?
(a) Southern Belle Cemetery.
(b) Oakland Cemetery.
(c) Georgia State Cemetery.
(d) Charleston Cemetery.
2. What are the names of Scarlett's children who are at Tara?
(a) Emily and William.
(b) Emma and Wendle.
(c) Elsie and Wallace.
(d) Ella and Wade.
3. How does Scarlett earn Sally Brewton's respect?
(a) By teaching her something about onions.
(b) By buying food for the homeless.
(c) By talking back to her.
(d) By cooking a delicious meal for her.
4. Why does Scarlett leave her maid behind at Tara?
(a) To teach another maid how to arrange her daughter's hair.
(b) To improve her skills.
(c) So she can conduct her business in private.
(d) To save money.
5. What does Scarlett learn while visiting Henry Hamilton's office in Chapter 5?
(a) That Rhett has inquired about her business.
(b) That her business is going under.
(c) That her debt has been cleared.
(d) That there is a financial crisis going on.
6. What does Rhett declare he will revive in Chapter 26?
(b) His relationship with Scarlett.
(d) His gambling.
7. Who is Joe Colton?
(a) An architect.
(b) A contractor.
(c) A priest.
(d) An attorney.
8. What does Scarlett ask Eleanor for help in convincing Rhett of in Chapter 11?
(a) That Rhett should return to Atlanta.
(b) That another baby is a good idea.
(c) That he should lend her money.
(d) That Rhett should forgive her.
9. Who is dying at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Scarlett's mother.
10. What reminds Scarlett of Tara in Chapter 22?
(a) Miss Paulette Waverley's plantation.
(b) Miss Valerie Compton's plantation.
(c) Miss Denise Loughlin's plantation.
(d) Miss Julia Ashley's plantation.
11. Why do Rhett and Ross hide at Rhett's plantation in Chapter 19?
(a) Rhett has spread rumors about a powerful Yankee.
(b) Ross has shot a Yankee.
(c) Rhett's mother is forcing him to reconcile with Scarlett.
(d) Rhett is trying to get away from Scarlett.
12. What does Rosemary suggest about Scarlett that Rhett dismisses in Chapter 20?
(a) That Scarlett has a plan to win him back.
(b) That Scarlett is misunderstood.
(c) That Scarlett might mature.
(d) That Scarlett is still in love with him.
13. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
14. Who is Sheba?
(a) Rhett's old flame.
(b) A famous seamstress.
(c) Scarlett's maid.
(d) A crazy elderly woman.
15. Who does Scarlett dress as at the masquerade ball in Chapter 8?
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) The Queen of Hearts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Will Benteen?
2. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
3. What does Joe Colleton tell Ashley is the reason for Scarlett's visit to the building site in Chapter 9?
4. What is Rhett growing on his plantation in Chapter 17?
5. What does Scarlett arrange for India in Chapter 6?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)