|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
2. What does Joe Colleton tell Ashley is the reason for Scarlett's visit to the building site in Chapter 9?
(a) Scarlett is interested in post-war architecture.
(b) Scarlett is looking for Ashley.
(c) Scarlett is considering building a store there.
(d) Scarlett is looking for a new contractor.
3. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She throws a vase at the wall.
(b) She ignores Bill Weller.
(c) She throws out her party guests.
(d) She cries by herself in the bathroom.
4. What does Rhett offer Scarlett to leave Charleston in Chapter 18?
(a) Half a million dollars in gold.
(b) He agrees to not divorce her if she leaves.
(c) The deed on his house.
(d) One more night together.
5. What does Scarlett realize she has to stop doing in Chapter 9?
(b) Waiting for Rhett.
(c) Helping Ashley.
6. What reminds Scarlett of Tara in Chapter 22?
(a) Miss Valerie Compton's plantation.
(b) Miss Paulette Waverley's plantation.
(c) Miss Denise Loughlin's plantation.
(d) Miss Julia Ashley's plantation.
7. Why do Rhett and Ross hide at Rhett's plantation in Chapter 19?
(a) Rhett is trying to get away from Scarlett.
(b) Rhett's mother is forcing him to reconcile with Scarlett.
(c) Ross has shot a Yankee.
(d) Rhett has spread rumors about a powerful Yankee.
8. Who is Joe Colton?
(a) A contractor.
(b) An architect.
(c) A priest.
(d) An attorney.
9. How does Scarlett react to the kiss forced upon her in Chapter 13?
(a) She is horrified.
(b) She faints.
(c) She reciprocates the kiss.
(d) She laughs it off.
10. What instruction has Rhett left at Scarlett's household in Atlanta in Chapter 5?
(a) To vacate the property as soon as possible.
(b) To stop doing business with the Wilkes'.
(c) To have her household bills paid by his attorneys.
(d) To meet him in Charleston immediately.
11. What does Scarlett ask Eleanor for help in convincing Rhett of in Chapter 11?
(a) That Rhett should forgive her.
(b) That another baby is a good idea.
(c) That Rhett should return to Atlanta.
(d) That he should lend her money.
12. Whose grave site does Scarlett visit in Chapter 1?
(b) Her father's.
(c) Her mother's.
13. Who forces a kiss on Scarlett in Chapter 13?
14. Why does Scarlett spend a great deal of time with Middleton Courtney in Chapter 25?
(a) He owns property that she wishes to somehow get.
(b) To make Rhett jealous.
(c) His business savvy impresses her.
(d) Middleton Courtney is a very wealthy man with a great deal of power.
15. What city does Scarlett live in in Chapter 1?
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scarlett go with her aunts in Chapter 16?
2. What must Rhett help Scarlett do before she will agree to leave Charleston?
3. What will Rosemary be touring soon, as of Chapter 22?
4. Who does the tiny grave belong to in Chapter 1?
5. Why do the residents of Charleston walk everywhere?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)