|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does an angry group of workers gather outside of Rhett's plantation in Chapter 23?
(a) To seek better living accomodation.
(b) To discuss how to improve safety while on the job.
(c) In an attempt to get higher wages.
(d) To gain a more flexible working schedule.
2. What story involving criminal behavior does Scarlett hear in Chapter 16?
(a) A story of a wounded soldier who steals from the Yankees.
(b) A story about a pair of criminals posing as a married couple.
(c) A story about a young orphan running off with Yankee weapons.
(d) A story of a Yankee soldier breaking into women's bedrooms.
3. Why does Scarlett try to stop someone from throwing himself in a grave?
(a) She believes he will hurt himself.
(b) She dislikes drama.
(c) It will dirty his suit.
(d) She wants his attention on her.
4. What is the title of the second section of the novel?
(a) "High Risk".
(b) "High Tides".
(c) "High Stakes".
(d) "High Times".
5. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
(d) Her father.
6. What instruction has Rhett left at Scarlett's household in Atlanta in Chapter 5?
(a) To have her household bills paid by his attorneys.
(b) To stop doing business with the Wilkes'.
(c) To vacate the property as soon as possible.
(d) To meet him in Charleston immediately.
7. Where does Scarlett go when she first arrives in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) A hotel.
(b) Her sister's home.
(c) Her aunts' home.
(d) Rhett's house.
8. What does Scarlett arrange for India in Chapter 6?
(a) A job for her son at Scarlett's store.
(b) A credit account at her store.
(c) A ride to the neighboring town.
(d) A care package for her ill mother.
9. What does Rhett tell Scarlett he will stop doing if she remains in Charleston?
(a) Paying her bills.
(b) Speaking to her.
(c) Helping her with her business.
(d) Protecting her good name.
10. How does Sam Forrest know Scarlett?
(a) He is her sister's old beau.
(b) He was once a worker for her father.
(c) From her store.
(d) From her days of nursing soldiers in the hospital.
11. Who is Sister Mary Joseph?
(a) Scarlett's mentor.
(b) Scarlett's cousin.
(c) Scarlett's aunt.
(d) Scarlett's sister.
12. What city does Scarlett live in in Chapter 1?
(d) New Orleans.
13. Where do Eleanor and Scarlett go after waking early in Chapter 11?
(a) The market.
(b) On a tour of the plantation.
(d) The cemetery.
14. Who does Rhett pick up from the train station in Chapter 19?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His cousin.
15. Where is Rhett in Chapter 16?
(a) His plantation.
(c) New York.
(d) His family home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Scarlett and the family take to the Confederate Home in Chapter 21?
2. Whose grave site does Scarlett visit in Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
4. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
5. What does Scarlett realize about Rosemary in Chapter 25?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)