|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Scarlett go with her aunts in Chapter 16?
(b) An orchard.
(c) To Rhett's plantation.
(d) To Scarlett's new business site.
2. What is Scarlett's impression of Eleanor Butler when she meets her for the first time?
(a) Scarlett immediately likes her.
(b) Scarlett is intrigued by her.
(c) Scarlett finds her distasteful.
(d) Rhett shares many of Eleanor's qualities.
3. What does Scarlett decide to do to help Ashley's business in Chapter 6?
(a) Advertise his shop.
(b) Build some houses.
(c) Loan money to Ashley.
(d) Meet with some contacts.
4. What does Scarlett learn while visiting Henry Hamilton's office in Chapter 5?
(a) That Rhett has inquired about her business.
(b) That her debt has been cleared.
(c) That her business is going under.
(d) That there is a financial crisis going on.
5. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
(b) Her father.
6. What does Rhett agree to do with Scarlett in Chapter 29?
(a) Plan her business.
(b) Go sailing.
(c) Visit her grandfather.
(d) Visit their children.
7. According to Rhett, when will he return to Charleston, as of Chapter 32?
(a) After he tours Northern America.
(b) After a business trip in California.
(c) When Scarlett leaves Charleston.
(d) When his children return to Charleston.
8. Why does Scarlett begin receiving many invitations in Chapter 16?
(a) Because of Sally's endorsement.
(b) Because the new social season has started.
(c) Because Rhett has put in a good word for her.
(d) Because she has attracted the attention of a very wealthy gentleman.
9. Whose grave site does Scarlett visit in Chapter 1?
(a) Her mother's.
(d) Her father's.
10. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's budding romance with Middleton?
(a) He doesn't seem to notice.
(b) He is happy that Scarlett is moving on.
(c) He is curious, as he feels Middleton is too boring for Scarlett.
(d) He is angrier than he has ever been before.
11. According to Eleanor, what do Scarlett and her grandmother have in common?
(a) They are both extremely self-centered.
(b) They both have very small waists.
(c) They both broke a man's heart.
(d) They both seem "more alive" than most people.
12. Why does an angry group of workers gather outside of Rhett's plantation in Chapter 23?
(a) In an attempt to get higher wages.
(b) To gain a more flexible working schedule.
(c) To discuss how to improve safety while on the job.
(d) To seek better living accomodation.
13. Who is Sister Mary Joseph?
(a) Scarlett's aunt.
(b) Scarlett's mentor.
(c) Scarlett's cousin.
(d) Scarlett's sister.
14. Why does Rhett call Scarlett a barbarian in Chapter 17?
(a) Because she threatens to spread rumors about Rhett.
(b) Because she shows little interest in their children.
(c) Because she threatens to take their children far away.
(d) Because of her attitude toward his plantation's crop.
15. Who does Rhett pick up from the train station in Chapter 19?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the tiny grave belong to in Chapter 1?
2. What is Tara?
3. What instruction has Rhett left at Scarlett's household in Atlanta in Chapter 5?
4. Where do Rhett and Scarlett stop on their return to Charleston in Chapter 17?
5. Where is Rhett in Chapter 16?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)