|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does an angry group of workers gather outside of Rhett's plantation in Chapter 23?
(a) To seek better living accomodation.
(b) To discuss how to improve safety while on the job.
(c) To gain a more flexible working schedule.
(d) In an attempt to get higher wages.
2. Where is Rhett in Chapter 16?
(a) His family home.
(b) His plantation.
(c) New York.
3. What are the names of Scarlett's children who are at Tara?
(a) Ella and Wade.
(b) Emily and William.
(c) Elsie and Wallace.
(d) Emma and Wendle.
4. Whose grave site does Scarlett visit in Chapter 1?
(a) Her mother's.
(c) Her father's.
5. What does Scarlett decide to do to help Ashley's business in Chapter 6?
(a) Loan money to Ashley.
(b) Advertise his shop.
(c) Build some houses.
(d) Meet with some contacts.
6. Why does Rhett call Scarlett a barbarian in Chapter 17?
(a) Because she shows little interest in their children.
(b) Because she threatens to spread rumors about Rhett.
(c) Because of her attitude toward his plantation's crop.
(d) Because she threatens to take their children far away.
7. What does Joe Colleton tell Ashley is the reason for Scarlett's visit to the building site in Chapter 9?
(a) Scarlett is looking for Ashley.
(b) Scarlett is considering building a store there.
(c) Scarlett is interested in post-war architecture.
(d) Scarlett is looking for a new contractor.
8. Why does Scarlett begin receiving many invitations in Chapter 16?
(a) Because of Sally's endorsement.
(b) Because she has attracted the attention of a very wealthy gentleman.
(c) Because Rhett has put in a good word for her.
(d) Because the new social season has started.
9. What is Tara?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) Scarlett's new property.
(c) Scarlett's childhood home.
(d) Rhett's family home.
10. Who does Rhett pick up from the train station in Chapter 19?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
11. What is the name of Scarlett's store?
(a) Scarlett's Home Market.
(b) Butler's Buy.
(c) Wilkes' Shopping Heaven.
(d) Kennedy's Emporium.
12. Why are all outsiders no longer welcomed in Charleston?
(a) There is the chance of a plague.
(b) There is a murderer loose.
(c) The locals have been put off by northerners who occupy the city.
(d) There is an initiative taking place aiming to rebuild Charleston's culture.
13. Who is Joe Colton?
(a) A contractor.
(b) An architect.
(c) An attorney.
(d) A priest.
14. How does Middleton's wife react to his budding romance with Scarlett?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She is completely and utterly mortified.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is accepting of it.
15. What does Scarlett know nothing about while at the market in Chapter 15?
(a) The vegetables and fruits.
(b) How to barter for a better price.
(c) The various ocean fish.
(d) The red meats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sister Mary Joseph's name before joining the convent?
2. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's budding romance with Middleton?
3. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
4. What instruction has Rhett left at Scarlett's household in Atlanta in Chapter 5?
5. What does Bill Weller talk about which upsets Scarlett in Chapter 7?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)