|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Scarlett's store?
(a) Scarlett's Home Market.
(b) Kennedy's Emporium.
(c) Butler's Buy.
(d) Wilkes' Shopping Heaven.
2. What city does Scarlett live in in Chapter 1?
(b) New Orleans.
3. What does Bill Weller talk about which upsets Scarlett in Chapter 7?
(a) The Yankees.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) A scam he's running.
4. Who is Suellen?
(a) Scarlett's sister.
(b) Scarlett's sister-in-law.
(c) Scarlett's tenant.
(d) Scarlett's best friend.
5. What is Rhett growing on his plantation in Chapter 17?
6. What are the names of Scarlett's children who are at Tara?
(a) Elsie and Wallace.
(b) Emily and William.
(c) Emma and Wendle.
(d) Ella and Wade.
7. What does Rosemary confront Rhett about in Chapter 19?
(a) Being too weak with Scarlett.
(b) Being unfeeling toward his wife.
(c) Being close-minded about the Yankee soldiers.
(d) His poor crop choice at his plantation.
8. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She cries by herself in the bathroom.
(b) She throws a vase at the wall.
(c) She throws out her party guests.
(d) She ignores Bill Weller.
9. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
(a) She has to tend to her business matters.
(b) She does not get along with Suellen.
(c) She can't stand the noise the children make.
(d) She misses her family in Charleston.
10. Who tries to throw himself in a grave in Chapter 1?
(a) Scarlett's uncle.
(b) Scarlett's son.
11. How does Middleton's wife react to his budding romance with Scarlett?
(a) She is accepting of it.
(b) She is upset.
(c) She is completely and utterly mortified.
(d) She is indifferent.
12. What does Rhett tell Scarlett he will stop doing if she remains in Charleston?
(a) Paying her bills.
(b) Speaking to her.
(c) Protecting her good name.
(d) Helping her with her business.
13. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's budding romance with Middleton?
(a) He is angrier than he has ever been before.
(b) He is curious, as he feels Middleton is too boring for Scarlett.
(c) He doesn't seem to notice.
(d) He is happy that Scarlett is moving on.
14. What does Scarlett arrange for India in Chapter 6?
(a) A credit account at her store.
(b) A ride to the neighboring town.
(c) A care package for her ill mother.
(d) A job for her son at Scarlett's store.
15. What does Rhett declare he will revive in Chapter 26?
(b) His gambling.
(c) His relationship with Scarlett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Eleanor and Scarlett go after waking early in Chapter 11?
2. Who does Rhett pick up from the train station in Chapter 19?
3. Why do Rhett and Ross hide at Rhett's plantation in Chapter 19?
4. Who is dying at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What does Scarlett notice a high number of upon her arrival in Charleston in Chapter 10?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)