|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She cries by herself in the bathroom.
(b) She throws out her party guests.
(c) She throws a vase at the wall.
(d) She ignores Bill Weller.
2. Where does Scarlett go when she first arrives in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) A hotel.
(b) Her aunts' home.
(c) Rhett's house.
(d) Her sister's home.
3. How does Sam Forrest know Scarlett?
(a) From her days of nursing soldiers in the hospital.
(b) He is her sister's old beau.
(c) He was once a worker for her father.
(d) From her store.
4. What reminds Scarlett of Tara in Chapter 22?
(a) Miss Valerie Compton's plantation.
(b) Miss Paulette Waverley's plantation.
(c) Miss Julia Ashley's plantation.
(d) Miss Denise Loughlin's plantation.
5. What is the name of Scarlett's store?
(a) Kennedy's Emporium.
(b) Wilkes' Shopping Heaven.
(c) Butler's Buy.
(d) Scarlett's Home Market.
6. What is Rhett growing on his plantation in Chapter 17?
7. What does Rhett agree to do with Scarlett in Chapter 29?
(a) Go sailing.
(b) Visit her grandfather.
(c) Visit their children.
(d) Plan her business.
8. What do Scarlett and the family take to the Confederate Home in Chapter 21?
(b) Lumber from Ashley's lumberyard.
(c) Hand-sewn quilts.
(d) Greenery from the plantation.
9. What must Suellen do if Scarlett were to pay her a stipend?
(a) Tutor the local children who lost their parents during the war.
(b) Allow Scarlett's children to remain at Tara.
(c) Allow Rhett to visit.
(d) Repair Tara.
10. Who is Will Benteen?
(a) Scarlett's brother-in-law.
(b) Scarlett's brother.
(c) Scarlett's husband.
(d) Scarlett's uncle.
11. What does Rhett declare he will revive in Chapter 26?
(c) His relationship with Scarlett.
(d) His gambling.
12. What was Sister Mary Joseph's name before joining the convent?
13. Who does Rhett pick up from the train station in Chapter 19?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His aunt.
14. What is Tara?
(a) Scarlett's childhood home.
(b) Scarlett's new property.
(c) Rhett's family home.
(d) A boarding house.
15. Who is Sister Mary Joseph?
(a) Scarlett's aunt.
(b) Scarlett's sister.
(c) Scarlett's mentor.
(d) Scarlett's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Scarlett finds Ashley's house closed up in Chapter 5, where does she go to find him?
2. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
3. Who is Sheba?
4. How does Scarlett earn Sally Brewton's respect?
5. Why does Rhett demand to see Scarlett's clothes?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)