|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett notice a high number of upon her arrival in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) Vacant houses.
(b) Wounded ex-soldiers.
(c) Homeless people.
(d) Yankee soldiers.
2. Who is Sheba?
(a) Rhett's old flame.
(b) A crazy elderly woman.
(c) A famous seamstress.
(d) Scarlett's maid.
3. According to Rhett, what must Scarlett do to her clothes to fit in with Charleston society?
(a) She must give them to the poor.
(b) She must do away with the trimming, lace and gold buttons.
(c) She must keep up with the latest fashions.
(d) She must wear clothes that are made of more expensive materials.
4. What is Tara?
(a) A boarding house.
(b) Scarlett's childhood home.
(c) Rhett's family home.
(d) Scarlett's new property.
5. Why does Scarlett agree to be Rosemary's chaperone in Chapter 22?
(a) Scarlett wishes to clear up a misunderstanding with Rosemary.
(b) Scarlett wishes to bond with Rosemary.
(c) Scarlett wants an excuse to get out of the house.
(d) Scarlett believes she will be able to be alone with Rhett.
6. Where do Rhett and Scarlett stop on their return to Charleston in Chapter 17?
(a) A hotel.
(b) Rhett's phosphate mine.
(c) Rhett's cottage.
(d) A church.
7. Who does Rhett pick up from the train station in Chapter 19?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His sister.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His mother.
8. What does Rosemary suggest about Scarlett that Rhett dismisses in Chapter 20?
(a) That Scarlett is misunderstood.
(b) That Scarlett is still in love with him.
(c) That Scarlett has a plan to win him back.
(d) That Scarlett might mature.
9. How does Scarlett earn Sally Brewton's respect?
(a) By talking back to her.
(b) By buying food for the homeless.
(c) By teaching her something about onions.
(d) By cooking a delicious meal for her.
10. What is the title of the second section of the novel?
(a) "High Risk".
(b) "High Times".
(c) "High Tides".
(d) "High Stakes".
11. What will Rosemary be touring soon, as of Chapter 22?
(b) South America.
12. What does Scarlett learn while visiting Henry Hamilton's office in Chapter 5?
(a) That her debt has been cleared.
(b) That her business is going under.
(c) That Rhett has inquired about her business.
(d) That there is a financial crisis going on.
13. Why does Rhett call Scarlett a barbarian in Chapter 17?
(a) Because she shows little interest in their children.
(b) Because she threatens to spread rumors about Rhett.
(c) Because she threatens to take their children far away.
(d) Because of her attitude toward his plantation's crop.
14. What does Rhett agree to do with Scarlett in Chapter 29?
(a) Plan her business.
(b) Visit her grandfather.
(c) Visit their children.
(d) Go sailing.
15. According to Rhett, when will he return to Charleston, as of Chapter 32?
(a) After a business trip in California.
(b) After he tours Northern America.
(c) When his children return to Charleston.
(d) When Scarlett leaves Charleston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
2. What does Scarlett arrange for India in Chapter 6?
3. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
4. What does Scarlett realize about Rosemary in Chapter 25?
5. Where is Rhett in Chapter 16?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)