|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarlett earn Sally Brewton's respect?
(a) By teaching her something about onions.
(b) By buying food for the homeless.
(c) By talking back to her.
(d) By cooking a delicious meal for her.
2. What reminds Scarlett of Tara in Chapter 22?
(a) Miss Paulette Waverley's plantation.
(b) Miss Julia Ashley's plantation.
(c) Miss Valerie Compton's plantation.
(d) Miss Denise Loughlin's plantation.
3. What does Scarlett notice a high number of upon her arrival in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) Homeless people.
(b) Yankee soldiers.
(c) Wounded ex-soldiers.
(d) Vacant houses.
4. Who does the tiny grave belong to in Chapter 1?
(a) Melanie's daughter.
(b) Scarlett's daughter.
(c) Scarlett's son.
(d) Scarlett's nephew.
5. Why does Scarlett agree to be Rosemary's chaperone in Chapter 22?
(a) Scarlett believes she will be able to be alone with Rhett.
(b) Scarlett wants an excuse to get out of the house.
(c) Scarlett wishes to clear up a misunderstanding with Rosemary.
(d) Scarlett wishes to bond with Rosemary.
6. What is the name of Ashley's son?
7. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She throws a vase at the wall.
(b) She ignores Bill Weller.
(c) She throws out her party guests.
(d) She cries by herself in the bathroom.
8. What city does Scarlett live in in Chapter 1?
(a) New Orleans.
9. Who does Scarlett dress as at the masquerade ball in Chapter 8?
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) The Queen of Hearts.
10. What was Sister Mary Joseph's name before joining the convent?
11. Why does Scarlett leave her maid behind at Tara?
(a) To improve her skills.
(b) To save money.
(c) To teach another maid how to arrange her daughter's hair.
(d) So she can conduct her business in private.
12. According to Eleanor, what do Scarlett and her grandmother have in common?
(a) They both seem "more alive" than most people.
(b) They both have very small waists.
(c) They both broke a man's heart.
(d) They are both extremely self-centered.
13. Who is Joe Colton?
(a) A contractor.
(b) An attorney.
(c) A priest.
(d) An architect.
14. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
(b) Her father.
15. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's presence in Chapter 11?
2. What does Scarlett learn while visiting Henry Hamilton's office in Chapter 5?
3. What does Scarlett decide to do to help Ashley's business in Chapter 6?
4. Who is dying at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the cemetery that Scarlett visits in Chapter 1?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)