|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Scarlett react to the kiss forced upon her in Chapter 13?
(a) She laughs it off.
(b) She faints.
(c) She is horrified.
(d) She reciprocates the kiss.
2. Why does Rhett visit Alicia Savage in Chapter 18?
(a) Alicia Savage is dying.
(b) Alicia Savage has information about Scarlett.
(c) Alicia Savage is an old friend he has not visited in years.
(d) Alicia claims she saw the Yankee soldier in her bedroom.
3. Why is Tara unable to be repaired in Chapter 3?
(a) There are no workers to hire.
(b) The Yankees will not allow repairs to be done.
(c) There is no money to pay the workers.
(d) Tara is beyond repair.
4. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She cries by herself in the bathroom.
(b) She throws out her party guests.
(c) She throws a vase at the wall.
(d) She ignores Bill Weller.
5. What is Tara?
(a) Scarlett's new property.
(b) A boarding house.
(c) Rhett's family home.
(d) Scarlett's childhood home.
6. What reminds Scarlett of Tara in Chapter 22?
(a) Miss Julia Ashley's plantation.
(b) Miss Paulette Waverley's plantation.
(c) Miss Valerie Compton's plantation.
(d) Miss Denise Loughlin's plantation.
7. What is Scarlett's impression of Eleanor Butler when she meets her for the first time?
(a) Scarlett is intrigued by her.
(b) Scarlett immediately likes her.
(c) Rhett shares many of Eleanor's qualities.
(d) Scarlett finds her distasteful.
8. Where does Rhett take Tommy Cooper in Chapter 18?
(a) To his plantation to have a conversation.
(b) A house of prostitution.
(c) To a priest for confession.
(d) To Scarlett so she can give him a lecture.
9. What is the name of Scarlett's store?
(a) Butler's Buy.
(b) Scarlett's Home Market.
(c) Wilkes' Shopping Heaven.
(d) Kennedy's Emporium.
10. What does Rosemary confront Rhett about in Chapter 19?
(a) His poor crop choice at his plantation.
(b) Being too weak with Scarlett.
(c) Being close-minded about the Yankee soldiers.
(d) Being unfeeling toward his wife.
11. According to Eleanor, what do Scarlett and her grandmother have in common?
(a) They both broke a man's heart.
(b) They both have very small waists.
(c) They both seem "more alive" than most people.
(d) They are both extremely self-centered.
12. What does Rhett offer Scarlett to leave Charleston in Chapter 18?
(a) The deed on his house.
(b) Half a million dollars in gold.
(c) He agrees to not divorce her if she leaves.
(d) One more night together.
13. What do Scarlett and the family take to the Confederate Home in Chapter 21?
(a) Lumber from Ashley's lumberyard.
(c) Greenery from the plantation.
(d) Hand-sewn quilts.
14. What does Sally have little doubt of in Chapter 12?
(a) That Scarlett is in love with Rhett.
(b) That Rhett despises Scarlett.
(c) That Scarlett is a fiery figure.
(d) That Scarlett has a plan to get Rhett back.
15. Who is Suellen?
(a) Scarlett's best friend.
(b) Scarlett's sister-in-law.
(c) Scarlett's tenant.
(d) Scarlett's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dying at the end of Chapter 1?
2. Who does Scarlett dress as at the masquerade ball in Chapter 8?
3. What will Rosemary be touring soon, as of Chapter 22?
4. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
5. What story involving criminal behavior does Scarlett hear in Chapter 16?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)