|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sally have little doubt of in Chapter 12?
(a) That Scarlett is in love with Rhett.
(b) That Scarlett is a fiery figure.
(c) That Rhett despises Scarlett.
(d) That Scarlett has a plan to get Rhett back.
2. Why does Scarlett agree to be Rosemary's chaperone in Chapter 22?
(a) Scarlett believes she will be able to be alone with Rhett.
(b) Scarlett wants an excuse to get out of the house.
(c) Scarlett wishes to clear up a misunderstanding with Rosemary.
(d) Scarlett wishes to bond with Rosemary.
3. Where do Eleanor and Scarlett go after waking early in Chapter 11?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) On a tour of the plantation.
(d) The market.
4. What will Rosemary be touring soon, as of Chapter 22?
(c) South America.
5. What does Scarlett know nothing about while at the market in Chapter 15?
(a) The vegetables and fruits.
(b) The red meats.
(c) How to barter for a better price.
(d) The various ocean fish.
6. What does Emma notice about Anne Hampton in Chapter 12?
(a) That she looks down on Scarlett.
(b) That she has been looking at Rhett with loving eyes.
(c) That she looks tired and forlorn.
(d) That she is thinner.
7. According to Rhett, what must Scarlett do to her clothes to fit in with Charleston society?
(a) She must do away with the trimming, lace and gold buttons.
(b) She must wear clothes that are made of more expensive materials.
(c) She must give them to the poor.
(d) She must keep up with the latest fashions.
8. What are the names of Scarlett's children who are at Tara?
(a) Elsie and Wallace.
(b) Ella and Wade.
(c) Emily and William.
(d) Emma and Wendle.
9. What is Scarlett's impression of Eleanor Butler when she meets her for the first time?
(a) Scarlett immediately likes her.
(b) Rhett shares many of Eleanor's qualities.
(c) Scarlett is intrigued by her.
(d) Scarlett finds her distasteful.
10. Who forces a kiss on Scarlett in Chapter 13?
11. Who does Scarlett dress as at the masquerade ball in Chapter 8?
(a) The Queen of Hearts.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
12. What does Scarlett realize about Rosemary in Chapter 25?
(a) That Rosemary is a hard business woman.
(b) That Rosemary is overcoming her own broken heart, just as Scarlett is.
(c) That Rosemary loves the plantation as much as Scarlett loves Tara.
(d) That Rosemary is a backstabber.
13. What do Scarlett and the family take to the Confederate Home in Chapter 21?
(a) Lumber from Ashley's lumberyard.
(b) Greenery from the plantation.
(c) Hand-sewn quilts.
14. Why does an angry group of workers gather outside of Rhett's plantation in Chapter 23?
(a) In an attempt to get higher wages.
(b) To gain a more flexible working schedule.
(c) To discuss how to improve safety while on the job.
(d) To seek better living accomodation.
15. What instruction has Rhett left at Scarlett's household in Atlanta in Chapter 5?
(a) To meet him in Charleston immediately.
(b) To have her household bills paid by his attorneys.
(c) To stop doing business with the Wilkes'.
(d) To vacate the property as soon as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group visits Eleanor's home in Chapter 11?
2. Who is Will Benteen?
3. Where does Scarlett go when she first arrives in Charleston in Chapter 10?
4. According to Rhett, when will he return to Charleston, as of Chapter 32?
5. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)