|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett realize about Rosemary in Chapter 25?
(a) That Rosemary loves the plantation as much as Scarlett loves Tara.
(b) That Rosemary is overcoming her own broken heart, just as Scarlett is.
(c) That Rosemary is a hard business woman.
(d) That Rosemary is a backstabber.
2. According to Rhett, what must Scarlett do to her clothes to fit in with Charleston society?
(a) She must keep up with the latest fashions.
(b) She must give them to the poor.
(c) She must wear clothes that are made of more expensive materials.
(d) She must do away with the trimming, lace and gold buttons.
3. What is Rhett growing on his plantation in Chapter 17?
4. How does Scarlett earn Sally Brewton's respect?
(a) By buying food for the homeless.
(b) By teaching her something about onions.
(c) By talking back to her.
(d) By cooking a delicious meal for her.
5. What does Scarlett notice a high number of upon her arrival in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) Yankee soldiers.
(b) Wounded ex-soldiers.
(c) Homeless people.
(d) Vacant houses.
6. What is the name of Scarlett's store?
(a) Butler's Buy.
(b) Wilkes' Shopping Heaven.
(c) Kennedy's Emporium.
(d) Scarlett's Home Market.
7. Why is Scarlett unable to visit her children at Christmas in Chapter 8?
(a) She has business in Atlanta.
(b) They have chickenpox.
(c) She is ill.
(d) Rhett will not allow her to.
8. What instruction has Rhett left at Scarlett's household in Atlanta in Chapter 5?
(a) To meet him in Charleston immediately.
(b) To have her household bills paid by his attorneys.
(c) To stop doing business with the Wilkes'.
(d) To vacate the property as soon as possible.
9. What does Scarlett realize she has to stop doing in Chapter 9?
(b) Waiting for Rhett.
(c) Helping Ashley.
10. How does Sam Forrest know Scarlett?
(a) He is her sister's old beau.
(b) He was once a worker for her father.
(c) From her store.
(d) From her days of nursing soldiers in the hospital.
11. What does Joe Colleton tell Ashley is the reason for Scarlett's visit to the building site in Chapter 9?
(a) Scarlett is looking for a new contractor.
(b) Scarlett is looking for Ashley.
(c) Scarlett is considering building a store there.
(d) Scarlett is interested in post-war architecture.
12. Why do the residents of Charleston walk everywhere?
(a) The Yankees do not allow the use of carriages.
(b) The streets are covered in rubble.
(c) There are no carriages available.
(d) It is better for one's health.
13. Where do Rhett and Scarlett stop on their return to Charleston in Chapter 17?
(a) Rhett's phosphate mine.
(b) Rhett's cottage.
(c) A church.
(d) A hotel.
14. According to Eleanor, what do Scarlett and her grandmother have in common?
(a) They both have very small waists.
(b) They are both extremely self-centered.
(c) They both seem "more alive" than most people.
(d) They both broke a man's heart.
15. Where do Eleanor and Scarlett go after waking early in Chapter 11?
(a) On a tour of the plantation.
(b) The cemetery.
(d) The market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett arrange for India in Chapter 6?
2. Who is Will Benteen?
3. Whose grave site does Scarlett visit in Chapter 1?
4. What is the name of Ashley's son?
5. Who is Sheba?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)