|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Ashley's son?
2. Where do Rhett and Scarlett stop on their return to Charleston in Chapter 17?
(a) A church.
(b) Rhett's phosphate mine.
(c) Rhett's cottage.
(d) A hotel.
3. Where does Scarlett go when she first arrives in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) Her aunts' home.
(b) Rhett's house.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Her sister's home.
4. What does Scarlett ask Eleanor for help in convincing Rhett of in Chapter 11?
(a) That Rhett should forgive her.
(b) That he should lend her money.
(c) That Rhett should return to Atlanta.
(d) That another baby is a good idea.
5. What does Rhett declare he will revive in Chapter 26?
(a) His relationship with Scarlett.
(d) His gambling.
6. Why do the residents of Charleston walk everywhere?
(a) The Yankees do not allow the use of carriages.
(b) It is better for one's health.
(c) There are no carriages available.
(d) The streets are covered in rubble.
7. What does Scarlett do after Bill Weller upsets her in Chapter 7?
(a) She throws out her party guests.
(b) She ignores Bill Weller.
(c) She cries by herself in the bathroom.
(d) She throws a vase at the wall.
8. Why do Rhett and Ross hide at Rhett's plantation in Chapter 19?
(a) Rhett's mother is forcing him to reconcile with Scarlett.
(b) Ross has shot a Yankee.
(c) Rhett is trying to get away from Scarlett.
(d) Rhett has spread rumors about a powerful Yankee.
9. Where does Rhett take Tommy Cooper in Chapter 18?
(a) To Scarlett so she can give him a lecture.
(b) To his plantation to have a conversation.
(c) To a priest for confession.
(d) A house of prostitution.
10. Who tries to throw himself in a grave in Chapter 1?
(a) Scarlett's son.
(c) Scarlett's uncle.
11. What does Rosemary suggest about Scarlett that Rhett dismisses in Chapter 20?
(a) That Scarlett is still in love with him.
(b) That Scarlett might mature.
(c) That Scarlett has a plan to win him back.
(d) That Scarlett is misunderstood.
12. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's budding romance with Middleton?
(a) He is angrier than he has ever been before.
(b) He is curious, as he feels Middleton is too boring for Scarlett.
(c) He doesn't seem to notice.
(d) He is happy that Scarlett is moving on.
13. Why does Rhett visit Alicia Savage in Chapter 18?
(a) Alicia Savage has information about Scarlett.
(b) Alicia Savage is an old friend he has not visited in years.
(c) Alicia Savage is dying.
(d) Alicia claims she saw the Yankee soldier in her bedroom.
14. What does Scarlett note about the house she attends a ball at in Chapter 21?
(a) It is grander than Tara.
(b) It is reminiscent of Twin Oaks.
(c) It is neglected.
(d) It reminds her of Tara.
15. What does Rhett agree to do with Scarlett in Chapter 29?
(a) Visit their children.
(b) Go sailing.
(c) Visit her grandfather.
(d) Plan her business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
2. How does Scarlett react to the kiss forced upon her in Chapter 13?
3. Why does Scarlett begin receiving many invitations in Chapter 16?
4. What does Scarlett realize about Rosemary in Chapter 25?
5. Who does Scarlett dress as at the masquerade ball in Chapter 8?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)