|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sally have little doubt of in Chapter 12?
(a) That Scarlett is a fiery figure.
(b) That Scarlett has a plan to get Rhett back.
(c) That Scarlett is in love with Rhett.
(d) That Rhett despises Scarlett.
2. What does Rosemary suggest about Scarlett that Rhett dismisses in Chapter 20?
(a) That Scarlett is still in love with him.
(b) That Scarlett is misunderstood.
(c) That Scarlett has a plan to win him back.
(d) That Scarlett might mature.
3. According to Rhett, what must Scarlett do to her clothes to fit in with Charleston society?
(a) She must do away with the trimming, lace and gold buttons.
(b) She must wear clothes that are made of more expensive materials.
(c) She must give them to the poor.
(d) She must keep up with the latest fashions.
4. Why does Rhett visit Alicia Savage in Chapter 18?
(a) Alicia claims she saw the Yankee soldier in her bedroom.
(b) Alicia Savage is an old friend he has not visited in years.
(c) Alicia Savage is dying.
(d) Alicia Savage has information about Scarlett.
5. What does Rhett declare he will revive in Chapter 26?
(a) His gambling.
(d) His relationship with Scarlett.
6. Why does Scarlett agree to be Rosemary's chaperone in Chapter 22?
(a) Scarlett believes she will be able to be alone with Rhett.
(b) Scarlett wants an excuse to get out of the house.
(c) Scarlett wishes to bond with Rosemary.
(d) Scarlett wishes to clear up a misunderstanding with Rosemary.
7. Why do Rhett and Ross hide at Rhett's plantation in Chapter 19?
(a) Ross has shot a Yankee.
(b) Rhett's mother is forcing him to reconcile with Scarlett.
(c) Rhett is trying to get away from Scarlett.
(d) Rhett has spread rumors about a powerful Yankee.
8. According to Eleanor, what do Scarlett and her grandmother have in common?
(a) They both have very small waists.
(b) They are both extremely self-centered.
(c) They both seem "more alive" than most people.
(d) They both broke a man's heart.
9. Who is Sheba?
(a) Rhett's old flame.
(b) A famous seamstress.
(c) Scarlett's maid.
(d) A crazy elderly woman.
10. Where is Rhett in Chapter 16?
(a) His family home.
(b) His plantation.
(c) New York.
11. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
(a) Her father.
12. What must Rhett help Scarlett do before she will agree to leave Charleston?
(a) Rebuild Tara.
(b) Buy back the one-third interest in Tara which the convent owns.
(c) Become pregnant.
(d) Convince Ashley to sell his company to her.
13. Whose grave site does Scarlett visit in Chapter 1?
(c) Her father's.
(d) Her mother's.
14. Why does Rhett call Scarlett a barbarian in Chapter 17?
(a) Because she threatens to take their children far away.
(b) Because she threatens to spread rumors about Rhett.
(c) Because she shows little interest in their children.
(d) Because of her attitude toward his plantation's crop.
15. What does Emma notice about Anne Hampton in Chapter 12?
(a) That she looks down on Scarlett.
(b) That she is thinner.
(c) That she looks tired and forlorn.
(d) That she has been looking at Rhett with loving eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to throw himself in a grave in Chapter 1?
2. What story involving criminal behavior does Scarlett hear in Chapter 16?
3. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's budding romance with Middleton?
4. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
5. Who does the tiny grave belong to in Chapter 1?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)