|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rhett agree to do with Scarlett in Chapter 29?
(a) Plan her business.
(b) Visit her grandfather.
(c) Go sailing.
(d) Visit their children.
2. What must Suellen do if Scarlett were to pay her a stipend?
(a) Allow Rhett to visit.
(b) Tutor the local children who lost their parents during the war.
(c) Allow Scarlett's children to remain at Tara.
(d) Repair Tara.
3. Who is Suellen?
(a) Scarlett's tenant.
(b) Scarlett's best friend.
(c) Scarlett's sister.
(d) Scarlett's sister-in-law.
4. Who does Scarlett dress as at the masquerade ball in Chapter 8?
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) The Queen of Hearts.
5. What does Rosemary suggest about Scarlett that Rhett dismisses in Chapter 20?
(a) That Scarlett is misunderstood.
(b) That Scarlett has a plan to win him back.
(c) That Scarlett might mature.
(d) That Scarlett is still in love with him.
6. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's presence in Chapter 11?
(a) He is shocked.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is angered.
(d) He is overjoyed.
7. Why does Rhett visit Alicia Savage in Chapter 18?
(a) Alicia Savage is an old friend he has not visited in years.
(b) Alicia Savage has information about Scarlett.
(c) Alicia Savage is dying.
(d) Alicia claims she saw the Yankee soldier in her bedroom.
8. What was Sister Mary Joseph's name before joining the convent?
9. When Scarlett finds Ashley's house closed up in Chapter 5, where does she go to find him?
(a) Aunt Pittypat's house.
(b) His cottage in Savannah.
(c) At his family home in South Carolina.
(d) At his sister's home.
10. What is Rhett growing on his plantation in Chapter 17?
11. What indicates to Scarlett that Ashley's lumber business is in trouble in Chapter 6?
(a) Ashley is disinterested in the business.
(b) Another lumber business has opened.
(c) The stock is marked down a great deal.
(d) There is too much stock.
12. What does Rhett tell Scarlett he will stop doing if she remains in Charleston?
(a) Paying her bills.
(b) Speaking to her.
(c) Protecting her good name.
(d) Helping her with her business.
13. What reminds Scarlett of Tara in Chapter 22?
(a) Miss Valerie Compton's plantation.
(b) Miss Paulette Waverley's plantation.
(c) Miss Julia Ashley's plantation.
(d) Miss Denise Loughlin's plantation.
14. Why does Scarlett leave her maid behind at Tara?
(a) To teach another maid how to arrange her daughter's hair.
(b) So she can conduct her business in private.
(c) To save money.
(d) To improve her skills.
15. Why does an angry group of workers gather outside of Rhett's plantation in Chapter 23?
(a) To seek better living accomodation.
(b) In an attempt to get higher wages.
(c) To gain a more flexible working schedule.
(d) To discuss how to improve safety while on the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the second section of the novel?
2. How does Scarlett earn Sally Brewton's respect?
3. What does Rosemary confront Rhett about in Chapter 19?
4. How does Sam Forrest know Scarlett?
5. Who is Sheba?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)