|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett realize about Rosemary in Chapter 25?
(a) That Rosemary is a hard business woman.
(b) That Rosemary loves the plantation as much as Scarlett loves Tara.
(c) That Rosemary is overcoming her own broken heart, just as Scarlett is.
(d) That Rosemary is a backstabber.
2. What does Scarlett know nothing about while at the market in Chapter 15?
(a) How to barter for a better price.
(b) The various ocean fish.
(c) The vegetables and fruits.
(d) The red meats.
3. What does Scarlett learn while visiting Henry Hamilton's office in Chapter 5?
(a) That Rhett has inquired about her business.
(b) That there is a financial crisis going on.
(c) That her business is going under.
(d) That her debt has been cleared.
4. Why does Scarlett agree to be Rosemary's chaperone in Chapter 22?
(a) Scarlett wishes to clear up a misunderstanding with Rosemary.
(b) Scarlett wants an excuse to get out of the house.
(c) Scarlett wishes to bond with Rosemary.
(d) Scarlett believes she will be able to be alone with Rhett.
5. What does Rhett offer Scarlett to leave Charleston in Chapter 18?
(a) One more night together.
(b) The deed on his house.
(c) He agrees to not divorce her if she leaves.
(d) Half a million dollars in gold.
6. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's presence in Chapter 11?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is shocked.
(c) He is overjoyed.
(d) He is angered.
7. Why are all outsiders no longer welcomed in Charleston?
(a) There is a murderer loose.
(b) The locals have been put off by northerners who occupy the city.
(c) There is the chance of a plague.
(d) There is an initiative taking place aiming to rebuild Charleston's culture.
8. Who is dying at the end of Chapter 1?
(b) Scarlett's mother.
9. What does Scarlett note about the house she attends a ball at in Chapter 21?
(a) It is reminiscent of Twin Oaks.
(b) It is grander than Tara.
(c) It reminds her of Tara.
(d) It is neglected.
10. What indicates to Scarlett that Ashley's lumber business is in trouble in Chapter 6?
(a) The stock is marked down a great deal.
(b) Another lumber business has opened.
(c) There is too much stock.
(d) Ashley is disinterested in the business.
11. Where is Rhett in Chapter 16?
(a) His family home.
(b) His plantation.
(c) New York.
12. What does Bill Weller talk about which upsets Scarlett in Chapter 7?
(a) The Civil War.
(b) A scam he's running.
(c) The Yankees.
13. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
(a) She can't stand the noise the children make.
(b) She misses her family in Charleston.
(c) She has to tend to her business matters.
(d) She does not get along with Suellen.
14. According to Eleanor, what do Scarlett and her grandmother have in common?
(a) They are both extremely self-centered.
(b) They both have very small waists.
(c) They both seem "more alive" than most people.
(d) They both broke a man's heart.
15. What does Rosemary suggest about Scarlett that Rhett dismisses in Chapter 20?
(a) That Scarlett might mature.
(b) That Scarlett has a plan to win him back.
(c) That Scarlett is still in love with him.
(d) That Scarlett is misunderstood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Rhett help Scarlett do before she will agree to leave Charleston?
2. How does Sam Forrest know Scarlett?
3. What is the name of Scarlett's store?
4. What does Scarlett decide to do to help Ashley's business in Chapter 6?
5. What does Emma notice about Anne Hampton in Chapter 12?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)