|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarlett know nothing about while at the market in Chapter 15?
(a) The red meats.
(b) The vegetables and fruits.
(c) The various ocean fish.
(d) How to barter for a better price.
2. What does Scarlett note about the house she attends a ball at in Chapter 21?
(a) It is reminiscent of Twin Oaks.
(b) It is grander than Tara.
(c) It is neglected.
(d) It reminds her of Tara.
3. What indicates to Scarlett that Ashley's lumber business is in trouble in Chapter 6?
(a) Ashley is disinterested in the business.
(b) The stock is marked down a great deal.
(c) There is too much stock.
(d) Another lumber business has opened.
4. What must Suellen do if Scarlett were to pay her a stipend?
(a) Allow Rhett to visit.
(b) Allow Scarlett's children to remain at Tara.
(c) Repair Tara.
(d) Tutor the local children who lost their parents during the war.
5. Why do the residents of Charleston walk everywhere?
(a) The streets are covered in rubble.
(b) There are no carriages available.
(c) It is better for one's health.
(d) The Yankees do not allow the use of carriages.
6. Why does Scarlett leave her maid behind at Tara?
(a) So she can conduct her business in private.
(b) To teach another maid how to arrange her daughter's hair.
(c) To improve her skills.
(d) To save money.
7. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
(c) Her father.
8. What will Rosemary be touring soon, as of Chapter 22?
(b) South America.
9. What is Scarlett's impression of Eleanor Butler when she meets her for the first time?
(a) Scarlett immediately likes her.
(b) Rhett shares many of Eleanor's qualities.
(c) Scarlett finds her distasteful.
(d) Scarlett is intrigued by her.
10. Why does an angry group of workers gather outside of Rhett's plantation in Chapter 23?
(a) To discuss how to improve safety while on the job.
(b) To seek better living accomodation.
(c) In an attempt to get higher wages.
(d) To gain a more flexible working schedule.
11. How does Middleton's wife react to his budding romance with Scarlett?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She is accepting of it.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is completely and utterly mortified.
12. What does Rhett offer Scarlett to leave Charleston in Chapter 18?
(a) The deed on his house.
(b) He agrees to not divorce her if she leaves.
(c) Half a million dollars in gold.
(d) One more night together.
13. Where does Rhett take Tommy Cooper in Chapter 18?
(a) To Scarlett so she can give him a lecture.
(b) To his plantation to have a conversation.
(c) A house of prostitution.
(d) To a priest for confession.
14. Why does Rhett visit Alicia Savage in Chapter 18?
(a) Alicia Savage is dying.
(b) Alicia Savage has information about Scarlett.
(c) Alicia Savage is an old friend he has not visited in years.
(d) Alicia claims she saw the Yankee soldier in her bedroom.
15. What was Sister Mary Joseph's name before joining the convent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ashley's son?
2. Why does Rhett call Scarlett a barbarian in Chapter 17?
3. What is the name of Scarlett's maid?
4. Why is Tara unable to be repaired in Chapter 3?
5. Who does the tiny grave belong to in Chapter 1?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)