|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are all outsiders no longer welcomed in Charleston?
(a) There is an initiative taking place aiming to rebuild Charleston's culture.
(b) There is a murderer loose.
(c) The locals have been put off by northerners who occupy the city.
(d) There is the chance of a plague.
2. What do Scarlett and the family take to the Confederate Home in Chapter 21?
(a) Greenery from the plantation.
(c) Hand-sewn quilts.
(d) Lumber from Ashley's lumberyard.
3. What does Rhett tell Scarlett he will stop doing if she remains in Charleston?
(a) Speaking to her.
(b) Helping her with her business.
(c) Protecting her good name.
(d) Paying her bills.
4. Who does Scarlett send for in Chapter 2?
(c) Her father.
5. Where does Rhett take Tommy Cooper in Chapter 18?
(a) To his plantation to have a conversation.
(b) To a priest for confession.
(c) A house of prostitution.
(d) To Scarlett so she can give him a lecture.
6. According to Eleanor, what do Scarlett and her grandmother have in common?
(a) They both seem "more alive" than most people.
(b) They both broke a man's heart.
(c) They both have very small waists.
(d) They are both extremely self-centered.
7. What is Rhett growing on his plantation in Chapter 17?
8. How does Sam Forrest know Scarlett?
(a) From her days of nursing soldiers in the hospital.
(b) He is her sister's old beau.
(c) From her store.
(d) He was once a worker for her father.
9. What does Scarlett realize about Rosemary in Chapter 25?
(a) That Rosemary is a hard business woman.
(b) That Rosemary is a backstabber.
(c) That Rosemary is overcoming her own broken heart, just as Scarlett is.
(d) That Rosemary loves the plantation as much as Scarlett loves Tara.
10. What was Sister Mary Joseph's name before joining the convent?
11. Why does Rhett visit Alicia Savage in Chapter 18?
(a) Alicia Savage is an old friend he has not visited in years.
(b) Alicia Savage has information about Scarlett.
(c) Alicia claims she saw the Yankee soldier in her bedroom.
(d) Alicia Savage is dying.
12. What does Sally have little doubt of in Chapter 12?
(a) That Scarlett is in love with Rhett.
(b) That Rhett despises Scarlett.
(c) That Scarlett is a fiery figure.
(d) That Scarlett has a plan to get Rhett back.
13. Why does Scarlett leave her maid behind at Tara?
(a) So she can conduct her business in private.
(b) To teach another maid how to arrange her daughter's hair.
(c) To improve her skills.
(d) To save money.
14. Where does Scarlett go with her aunts in Chapter 16?
(a) To Scarlett's new business site.
(b) To Rhett's plantation.
(d) An orchard.
15. Why does Scarlett prepare to leave Tara in Chapter 4?
(a) She can't stand the noise the children make.
(b) She does not get along with Suellen.
(c) She has to tend to her business matters.
(d) She misses her family in Charleston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe Colleton tell Ashley is the reason for Scarlett's visit to the building site in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Rhett call Scarlett a barbarian in Chapter 17?
3. Why does Scarlett agree to be Rosemary's chaperone in Chapter 22?
4. Who does Rhett pick up from the train station in Chapter 19?
5. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's budding romance with Middleton?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)