|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rhett take Tommy Cooper in Chapter 18?
(a) To a priest for confession.
(b) A house of prostitution.
(c) To Scarlett so she can give him a lecture.
(d) To his plantation to have a conversation.
2. How does Scarlett react to the kiss forced upon her in Chapter 13?
(a) She is horrified.
(b) She faints.
(c) She reciprocates the kiss.
(d) She laughs it off.
3. Where is Rhett in Chapter 16?
(a) His plantation.
(b) His family home.
(c) New York.
4. Who is Sister Mary Joseph?
(a) Scarlett's mentor.
(b) Scarlett's cousin.
(c) Scarlett's sister.
(d) Scarlett's aunt.
5. What does Scarlett note about the house she attends a ball at in Chapter 21?
(a) It is grander than Tara.
(b) It reminds her of Tara.
(c) It is reminiscent of Twin Oaks.
(d) It is neglected.
6. What does Scarlett notice a high number of upon her arrival in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) Homeless people.
(b) Wounded ex-soldiers.
(c) Vacant houses.
(d) Yankee soldiers.
7. Why does Scarlett spend a great deal of time with Middleton Courtney in Chapter 25?
(a) To make Rhett jealous.
(b) Middleton Courtney is a very wealthy man with a great deal of power.
(c) He owns property that she wishes to somehow get.
(d) His business savvy impresses her.
8. Why does Rhett demand to see Scarlett's clothes?
(a) He wants to make sure she is taking care of herself.
(b) He wishes to sell them to settle a gambling debt.
(c) He believes that she has bought a new wardrobe.
(d) He wishes to give them away.
9. What must Rhett help Scarlett do before she will agree to leave Charleston?
(a) Buy back the one-third interest in Tara which the convent owns.
(b) Convince Ashley to sell his company to her.
(c) Rebuild Tara.
(d) Become pregnant.
10. What does Scarlett realize she has to stop doing in Chapter 9?
(a) Helping Ashley.
(c) Waiting for Rhett.
11. What is Scarlett's impression of Eleanor Butler when she meets her for the first time?
(a) Scarlett is intrigued by her.
(b) Scarlett immediately likes her.
(c) Rhett shares many of Eleanor's qualities.
(d) Scarlett finds her distasteful.
12. What story involving criminal behavior does Scarlett hear in Chapter 16?
(a) A story of a wounded soldier who steals from the Yankees.
(b) A story about a young orphan running off with Yankee weapons.
(c) A story of a Yankee soldier breaking into women's bedrooms.
(d) A story about a pair of criminals posing as a married couple.
13. What are the names of Scarlett's children who are at Tara?
(a) Ella and Wade.
(b) Emma and Wendle.
(c) Elsie and Wallace.
(d) Emily and William.
14. How does Middleton's wife react to his budding romance with Scarlett?
(a) She is upset.
(b) She is completely and utterly mortified.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is accepting of it.
15. What does Joe Colleton tell Ashley is the reason for Scarlett's visit to the building site in Chapter 9?
(a) Scarlett is looking for Ashley.
(b) Scarlett is considering building a store there.
(c) Scarlett is looking for a new contractor.
(d) Scarlett is interested in post-war architecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarlett arrange for India in Chapter 6?
2. What does Emma notice about Anne Hampton in Chapter 12?
3. What does Scarlett realize about Rosemary in Chapter 25?
4. Where does Scarlett go when she first arrives in Charleston in Chapter 10?
5. What is the name of Scarlett's store?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)