Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters One through Eight
1. What causes a stir among the mourners in Chapter 1?
2. Who is missing from the party that greets Scarlett at Tara?
3. What gives Scarlett an opportunity to contact her estranged husband, Rhett?
4. What promises does Rhett make to Mammy before she dies? What does Rhett tell Scarlett after making his promises?
5. In Chapter 3, what is preventing repairs from being done at Tara? For what reason does Scarlett offer to pay Suellen a stipend?
6. What causes...
This section contains 974 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)