|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifty-Eight through Sixty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rhett react to Scarlett's budding romance with Middleton?
(a) He doesn't seem to notice.
(b) He is curious, as he feels Middleton is too boring for Scarlett.
(c) He is happy that Scarlett is moving on.
(d) He is angrier than he has ever been before.
2. What does Scarlett notice a high number of upon her arrival in Charleston in Chapter 10?
(a) Vacant houses.
(b) Yankee soldiers.
(c) Homeless people.
(d) Wounded ex-soldiers.
3. How does Sam Forrest know Scarlett?
(a) He is her sister's old beau.
(b) From her store.
(c) He was once a worker for her father.
(d) From her days of nursing soldiers in the hospital.
4. Why does Scarlett give Colum her winnings from the card game in Chapter 47?
(a) So he can trade it for the local currency.
(b) So he can put it towards his cause.
(c) So he can give it to the poor.
(d) So he can buy her some Irish souvenirs.
5. What does Rosemary suggest about Scarlett that Rhett dismisses in Chapter 20?
(a) That Scarlett is still in love with him.
(b) That Scarlett might mature.
(c) That Scarlett is misunderstood.
(d) That Scarlett has a plan to win him back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Scarlett offer for Ballyhara in Chapter 58?
2. What are the names of Scarlett's children who are at Tara?
3. Why does Scarlett decide to continue to Ireland after her circumstances change?
4. What does Colum think Ballyhara is a prime place for?
5. According to Rhett, what must Scarlett do to her clothes to fit in with Charleston society?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)