|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Fifty-Eight through Sixty-Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Scarlett's grandfather's dinner unsuccessful in Chapter 37?
(a) The food is not properly prepared.
(b) Her grandfather throws a tantrum causing Scarlett to become angry.
(c) Her grandfather and aunts refuse their food.
(d) The guests are late in arriving.
2. How does Scarlett get around the house rules during Lent?
(a) She eats breakfast at the neighbor's home after eating it at her own home.
(b) She gives her maid money to bring her extra food.
(c) She gets food from the bakery.
(d) She sneaks food from the pantry.
3. What information about Maureen horrifies Scarlett in Chapter 40?
(a) That she used to be a barmaid.
(b) That she once worked in a gambling house.
(c) That she is unable to have children.
(d) That she is going blind.
4. Who is Scarlett denied an audience with in Chapter 33?
(a) The Mother Superior.
(c) Her children.
(d) Rhett's mother.
5. How does Scarlett react to the kiss forced upon her in Chapter 13?
(a) She reciprocates the kiss.
(b) She laughs it off.
(c) She is horrified.
(d) She faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Eleanor and Scarlett go after waking early in Chapter 11?
2. What is Scarlett's impression of Eleanor Butler when she meets her for the first time?
3. Who does Colum visit in Chapter 59?
4. What does Joe Colleton tell Ashley is the reason for Scarlett's visit to the building site in Chapter 9?
5. What does Scarlett demand of a servant carrying her grandfather's meal in Chapter 36?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)