Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jubril buys a ticket on which bus line to take him out of the city to his father's village?
2. Who has taken Jubril's reserved seat on the bus?
3. Who says, "Best friends don't quarrel" when Selam begins to cry?
4. What place does the narrator have in her family?
5. What does a nosy woman on the bus ask Jubril?
Loss seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of loss? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
What is the overall setting for the stories in the book? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Akpan choose to use these places in the stories?
Choose three characters from different stories and then project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for their lives. Be sure to include geography, marital status, work, socialization, etc.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)