|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jubril's religion?
2. How many days does the narrator watch Selam's apartment building?
3. Selam's parents have given her permission to eat ___________________.
4. The narrator is happy because __________________________.
5. Why does the village chief get so angry at Jubril?
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Fofo Kpee in "Fattening for Gabon (Benin)". What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Fofo Kpee?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of the family in Akpan's stories.. What does it mean for some of the characters? How does the family evolve in its support of each other? How are some of the families fractured? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Maisha in "An Ex-Mas Feast (Kenya)". What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Maisha?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)