|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the bus passengers side with Jubril against the village chief?
2. The narrator and her best friend ______________________.
3. The chief orders the passengers on the bus to not mention the word ________________ on the trip.
4. Why does the person in #115 yell at Jubril?
5. What is the narrator looking for at Selam's apartment building?
Essay Topic 1
Explain Uwem Akpan's writing style. How does he deliver information? How does he develop characters? What is the general tone of his stories? What is the most appealing aspect of Akpan's writing for you? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Choose three characters from different stories and then project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for their lives. Be sure to include geography, marital status, work, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Who are two of Akpan's characters in this book who appeal to you the most? What is it about these characters that you like? What are their weaknesses? How about redeeming qualities? Are Akpan's characters believable in your opinion? Explain.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)