|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jubril fear will reveal that he is a Muslim?
(a) His books.
(b) His food.
(c) His missing hand.
(d) His clothing.
2. As the story begins, the Nigerian government places a ban on the transportation of _________________ from one end of the country to another.
3. Which of the following do the Christian rebels NOT do to the person who is sheltering Jubril?
(a) Beat the person.
(b) Shoot the person.
(c) Pour gasoline over the person's belongings.
(d) Threaten to burn his/her house.
4. How did Yusuf die?
(a) He was stabbed.
(b) He was stoned to death.
(c) He drowned.
(d) He had a terminal illness.
5. Why does the narrator scream at Selam?
(a) She is boarding a train.
(b) She made a soccer goal.
(c) She is swerving on her bike.
(d) Selam had talked to Hadiya.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells this story?
2. In what country does the story take place?
3. During one vacation, Selam asks the narrator ___________________________.
4. What had a girl named Hadiya told Selam at school one day?
5. What does the narrator do when she first sees Selam at her apartment?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)