|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do the Christian rebels NOT do to the person who is sheltering Jubril?
(a) Shoot the person.
(b) Beat the person.
(c) Threaten to burn his/her house.
(d) Pour gasoline over the person's belongings.
2. One day, the narrator's parents inform her that she can no longer spend time with whom?
3. What does the narrator's father tell Selam?
(a) She should eat whatever she wants when with them.
(b) He can tutor her in algebra if she wants him to.
(c) She is the best goalie on the soccer team.
(d) She should study French.
4. During one vacation, Selam asks the narrator ___________________________.
(a) If she wants to learn French.
(b) If hamburger is pork.
(c) If she knows how to water ski.
(d) If she has ever kissed a boy.
5. Which of the following is NOT something the soldier threatens to do if he is forced off the bus?
(a) Shoots imaginary machine guns into the air.
(b) Threatens to kill someone.
(c) Curses the passengers.
(d) Light himself on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the bus passengers side with Jubril against the village chief?
2. This story is about the divide between ____________________________.
3. The narrator and her best friend ______________________.
4. Who says, "Best friends don't quarrel" when Selam begins to cry?
5. Who is the best friend of the person in #74?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)