|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This story is about the divide between ____________________________.
(a) Muslims and Christians.
(b) Democrats and Republicans.
(c) Catholics and Baptists.
(d) men and women.
2. What had a girl named Hadiya told Selam at school one day?
(a) She could tutor her.
(b) A certain boy liked her.
(c) She should join the choir.
(d) Hamburger is pork.
3. Who says, "Best friends don't quarrel" when Selam begins to cry?
(b) The narrator.
(d) The narrator's father.
4. Who is Yusuf?
(a) Jubril's best friend.
(b) Jubril's grandfather.
(c) Jubril's father.
(d) Jubril's brother.
5. What place does the narrator have in her family?
(a) An only child.
(b) The youngest child.
(c) The oldest child.
(d) The middle child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something the soldier threatens to do if he is forced off the bus?
2. Why is the bus unable to leave as scheduled?
3. What was Jubril's punishment for stealing a goat?
4. The soldier wants to be a farmer or a ____________________.
5. What is the setting of the story?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)