|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jubril die?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) His throat is slit.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He drowns.
2. Why does Selam suddenly rush off her balcony and back into her apartment?
(a) She has to answer the phone.
(b) She needs to get a jacket.
(c) It has started to rain.
(d) She doesn't want her mother to catch her.
3. The chief orders the passengers on the bus to not mention the word ________________ on the trip.
4. One day, the narrator's parents inform her that she can no longer spend time with whom?
5. Why does Jubril not watch the televisions on the bus?
(a) The screens are too blurry.
(b) They show offensive Western images.
(c) His eyes are too tired.
(d) He would prefer to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the soldier carry onto the bus?
2. During the Christian and Muslim riots, Jubril was beaten and _________________________.
3. Why do the bus passengers side with Jubril against the village chief?
4. What place does the narrator have in her family?
5. Why does the village chief get so angry at Jubril?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)