|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are Otieno and Atieno?
2. What does Fofo tell Kotchikpa about Mama and Papa?
(a) They are wealthy.
(b) They are bad people.
(c) They no longer want him.
(d) They have moved away.
3. Where does Fofo Kpee take the children on their first ride on the motorcycle?
(b) The mall.
(c) The ice cream shop.
(d) The beach.
4. What does Baba use to fan the chemicals out of the house?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) An electric fan.
(c) The door of the shack.
(d) A paper plate.
5. Mama and Papa bring new siblings named _________________________.
(a) Angelina and Frank.
(b) Elaine and Andrew.
(c) Antoinette and Paul.
(d) Michael and Melanie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the man in #39 purchased recently?
2. Kotchikpa is surprised to find that ____________________ has been in on the plot all along.
3. What does Mama do for her children when they are hungry on Christmas morning?
4. How old is Jigana?
5. What do the twins drink until they get sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Baba's fantasy about Maisha's life and how does the rundown taxi actually symbolize the life Maisha will have?
2. Who is Big Guy and what is he looking for at Fofo Kpee's house?
3. What is the premise of "Fattening for Gabon"?
4. Why does Mama try to break into Maisha's trunk?
5. What does the motorcycle symbolize in the story?
6. What is the importance of "the bad night" when Fofo masturbates in front of the children?
7. How do Jigana and his siblings get money from people on the streets?
8. What are the reasons that Jigana tears up his school items and runs away from the family?
9. Who are Kotchikpa and Yewa?
10. How does Maisha's physical appearance symbolize her stolen innocence derived from her beauty?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)