|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kotchikpa overhears Fofo saying that he will travel to Braffe soon to collect ____________________.
(a) The other children.
(b) His new car.
(c) His lottery winnings.
(d) The furniture.
2. Mama downs a bottle of _______________ which is usually reserved for the children.
(a) Orange juice.
(d) Cough syrup.
3. Who is a tout in the story?
(a) Farah Ngee.
(b) Falafel Gabon.
(c) Femir Dput.
(d) Fofo Kpee.
4. What does Naema do to Baby while out begging to keep him dry?
(a) Puts a hoodie on him.
(b) Wraps him in plastic bags.
(c) Holds an umbrella over him.
(d) Puts a newspaper over him.
5. What does Big Guy promise to give the gravediggers?
(b) A new car.
(c) Fofo's motorcycle.
(d) Gold coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jigana and his family live?
2. What do the family members do when they eat the food that Maisha has brought home?
3. Who does Mama allow to sleep under the mosquito net?
4. What does Jigana want to do to Maisha's clients?
5. Which sibling of Maisha's is the only one she will allow to hang out on the street with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Mama and Papa encourage their children to sniff glue and drink alcohol?
2. Why does Jigana get special treatment in the family?
3. How does Fofo Kpee explain the delivery of the new motorcycle to the children?
4. What is the premise of "Fattening for Gabon"?
5. Where does Fofo store his acquired goods and why are they really useless?
6. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children and what do they think is the occasion for the goodies?
7. What is Baba's fantasy about Maisha's life and how does the rundown taxi actually symbolize the life Maisha will have?
8. How do Jigana and his siblings get money from people on the streets?
9. Who is Big Guy and what is he looking for at Fofo Kpee's house?
10. What does the motorcycle symbolize in the story?
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)