|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Maisha?
2. How does Maisha make money for the family?
(a) She sews.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She works in the fields.
(d) She cleans houses.
3. Why does Yewa not want to go to school?
(a) She doesn't want to leave the motorcycle.
(b) She doesn't like to get up early.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She doesn't like her teacher.
4. What does the guard force the children to do?
(a) Study 12 hours a day.
(b) Clean the house.
(c) Eat to fatten them up.
(d) Stay in their beds all day.
5. Kotchikpa is surprised to find that ____________________ has been in on the plot all along.
(a) Monsieur Abraham.
(b) Big Guy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jigana and his family live?
2. Fofo Kpee tells the children that they have _________________ who want to adopt them.
3. With what does Mama spray down the house?
4. What do the family members do when they eat the food that Maisha has brought home?
5. What does Naema do to Baby while out begging to keep him dry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Maisha a prostitute at the age of twelve?
2. What is Baba's fantasy about Maisha's life and how does the rundown taxi actually symbolize the life Maisha will have?
3. Who is Fofo Kpee?
4. Who are the members of Jigana's family?
5. Where does Fofo store his acquired goods and why are they really useless?
6. Why does Jigana get special treatment in the family?
7. What role does Maisha play in the family and why do her parents resent her?
8. What are the reasons that Jigana tears up his school items and runs away from the family?
9. Why does Mama give her children glue to sniff on Christmas morning?
10. How does Maisha's physical appearance symbolize her stolen innocence derived from her beauty?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)