|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Mama spray down the house?
2. Which of the following does Mama NOT do when Maisha smiles at her?
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Kisses her hand.
(d) Falls to her knees.
3. What has the man in #39 purchased recently?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A house.
(c) A car.
(d) A boat.
4. Where do Jigana and his family live?
(a) A slum house.
(b) A townhouse.
(c) A studio apartment.
(d) A ranch house.
5. In what country does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the person in #61 begin to shake Fofo and yell at him?
2. The guard questions the children about ___________________.
3. What does Naema's boyfriend give her on Christmas?
4. Kotchikpa is surprised to find that ____________________ has been in on the plot all along.
5. Even though Kotchikpa no longer wants to travel to Gabon with Mama and Papa, Yewa is still allured by Western food and ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jigana and his siblings get money from people on the streets?
2. Where does Fofo store his acquired goods and why are they really useless?
3. How does Maisha's physical appearance symbolize her stolen innocence derived from her beauty?
4. Who are Kotchikpa and Yewa?
5. Why does Mama try to break into Maisha's trunk?
6. Who is Big Guy and what is he looking for at Fofo Kpee's house?
7. What is the importance of "the bad night" when Fofo masturbates in front of the children?
8. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children and what do they think is the occasion for the goodies?
9. What role does Maisha play in the family and why do her parents resent her?
10. Why does Mama give her children glue to sniff on Christmas morning?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)