|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kotchikpa overhears Fofo saying that he will travel to Braffe soon to collect ____________________.
(a) The other children.
(b) His lottery winnings.
(c) His new car.
(d) The furniture.
2. How old are Otieno and Atieno?
3. Mama hopes she can sell one of the new puppies to buy ______________________.
(a) Christmas gifts.
(d) Jigana's school books.
4. What is a tout?
(a) A thief.
(b) A solicitor.
(c) A chef.
(d) A politician.
5. What does the guard tell the children?
(a) They are going back to school.
(b) They are to be sold.
(c) They will never leave the house again.
(d) They are going away to military school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jigana think he should have done to help support the family?
2. Which is NOT one of the things that Jinga does when Maisha leaves?
3. What does the guard force the children to do?
4. What do the twins drink until they get sick?
5. What does Mama do for her children when they are hungry on Christmas morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mama give her children glue to sniff on Christmas morning?
2. Why would Kotchikpa think that the motorcycle is a reward from God?
3. Why do Mama and Papa encourage their children to sniff glue and drink alcohol?
4. Who is Big Guy and what is he looking for at Fofo Kpee's house?
5. How do Jigana and his siblings get money from people on the streets?
6. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children and what do they think is the occasion for the goodies?
7. How does Maisha's physical appearance symbolize her stolen innocence derived from her beauty?
8. What does the motorcycle symbolize in the story?
9. Where does Fofo store his acquired goods and why are they really useless?
10. What role does Maisha play in the family and why do her parents resent her?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)