|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do for her children when they are hungry on Christmas morning?
(a) Gives them toast.
(b) Gives them glue to sniff.
(c) Takes them out for breakfast.
(d) Makes oatmeal.
2. The guard questions the children about ___________________.
(a) Their schooling.
(b) The neighbors.
(d) Their new background stories.
3. What new name does Mama give to Kotchikpa?
4. What does Jigana think he should have done to help support the family?
(a) Worked at McDonald's.
(b) Joined a street gang.
(c) Worked at the hatchery.
(d) Delivered newspapers.
5. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kotchikpa overhears Fofo saying that he will travel to Braffe soon to collect ____________________.
2. What does Fofo do one night that frightens the children?
3. Who is a tout in the story?
4. Why do the children take Baby to town with them?
5. Kotchikpa is surprised to find that ____________________ has been in on the plot all along.
Short Essay Questions
1. What real life issue in Africa does this story address?
2. How do Jigana and his siblings get money from people on the streets?
3. Who are Kotchikpa and Yewa?
4. What does the motorcycle symbolize in the story?
5. How does Fofo Kpee explain the delivery of the new motorcycle to the children?
6. Who is Big Guy and what is he looking for at Fofo Kpee's house?
7. How does Maisha's physical appearance symbolize her stolen innocence derived from her beauty?
8. Who are the members of Jigana's family?
9. Where are the parents of the children and why do they live with Fofo Kpee?
10. Why do Mama and Papa encourage their children to sniff glue and drink alcohol?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)