|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fofo Kpee take the children on their first ride on the motorcycle?
(b) The beach.
(c) The mall.
(d) The ice cream shop.
2. What does Big Guy promise to give the gravediggers?
(a) Fofo's motorcycle.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) A new car.
3. What does Baba use to fan the chemicals out of the house?
(a) An electric fan.
(b) The door of the shack.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A paper plate.
4. Jigana becomes so drunk on sniffing glue that he ____________________.
(b) Goes into a coma.
(c) Passes out.
5. In what country does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
2. How does Maisha arrive home the next morning?
3. Mama downs a bottle of _______________ which is usually reserved for the children.
4. Who is outraged that he/she overslept on Christmas and lost the chance to beg from white tourists?
5. Mama and Papa bring new siblings named _________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mama give her children glue to sniff on Christmas morning?
2. What role does Maisha play in the family and why do her parents resent her?
3. Where are the parents of the children and why do they live with Fofo Kpee?
4. What is the importance of "the bad night" when Fofo masturbates in front of the children?
5. What is the premise of "Fattening for Gabon"?
6. Who are Kotchikpa and Yewa?
7. Why does Mama try to break into Maisha's trunk?
8. How does Fofo Kpee explain the delivery of the new motorcycle to the children?
9. What is the true extent of Mama's gratitude toward Maisha when she gets on her knees to thank her daughter?
10. Why is Maisha a prostitute at the age of twelve?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)