|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fofo Kpee give the children to calm them down about meeting their adoptive parents?
2. What is a tout?
(a) A politician.
(b) A thief.
(c) A chef.
(d) A solicitor.
3. What does Jigana think he should have done to help support the family?
(a) Worked at McDonald's.
(b) Delivered newspapers.
(c) Joined a street gang.
(d) Worked at the hatchery.
4. Why does Yewa not want to go to school?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She doesn't like her teacher.
(c) She doesn't like to get up early.
(d) She doesn't want to leave the motorcycle.
5. Which of the following does Mama NOT do when Maisha smiles at her?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Kisses her hand.
(c) Falls to her knees.
Short Answer Questions
1. The guard questions the children about ___________________.
2. Jigana becomes so drunk on sniffing glue that he ____________________.
3. Fofo makes the children memorize _____________________.
4. Fofo Kpee tells the children that they have _________________ who want to adopt them.
5. Who is a tout in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mama try to break into Maisha's trunk?
2. Why does Jigana get special treatment in the family?
3. What does the motorcycle symbolize in the story?
4. Who are the members of Jigana's family?
5. Who is Fofo Kpee?
6. Why is Maisha a prostitute at the age of twelve?
7. How does Fofo Kpee explain the delivery of the new motorcycle to the children?
8. Where are the parents of the children and why do they live with Fofo Kpee?
9. Why would Kotchikpa think that the motorcycle is a reward from God?
10. Why does Mama give her children glue to sniff on Christmas morning?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)