|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fofo tell Kotchikpa about Mama and Papa?
(a) They are wealthy.
(b) They are bad people.
(c) They no longer want him.
(d) They have moved away.
2. Kotchikpa realizes that their hut is going to be ___________________________.
(a) The housing center for the trafficked children.
(b) Torn down.
(c) A new school.
(d) A drug den.
3. Mama downs a bottle of _______________ which is usually reserved for the children.
(a) Orange juice.
(c) Cough syrup.
4. What has the man in #39 purchased recently?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A boat.
(c) A car.
(d) A house.
5. Even though Kotchikpa no longer wants to travel to Gabon with Mama and Papa, Yewa is still allured by Western food and ___________________.
(c) Theme parks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kotchikpa is surprised to find that ____________________ has been in on the plot all along.
2. What does Jigana want to do to Maisha's clients?
3. Fofo Kpee tells the children that they have _________________ who want to adopt them.
4. Kotchikpa overhears Fofo saying that he will travel to Braffe soon to collect ____________________.
5. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who stops the man in the yellow trousers from tearing Monique's womb as he rapes her?
2. How had Jubril lost his right hand and why is it important for him to hide that fact while on the bus?
3. How does Monique's innocence prevent her from understanding the blood and the ghosts?
4. What does the narrator experience on the day her parents inform her she can no longer play with Selam?
5. Why does Jigana get special treatment in the family?
6. How does Monique describe her mother, a Tutsi woman, and her father, a Hutu man?
7. Why is Maisha a prostitute at the age of twelve?
8. What are some things that Maman tells Monique before Maman goes out for the evening and which is the most important?
9. Who are the members of Jigana's family?
10. The title of the book, "Say You're One of Them" comes from something Maman says to Monique. What is the significance of the statement?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)