|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kotchikpa realizes that their hut is going to be ___________________________.
(a) Torn down.
(b) The housing center for the trafficked children.
(c) A drug den.
(d) A new school.
2. When Maisha says she wants to get a full-time job, Jigana knows she is thinking about _________________________.
(a) Getting some education.
(b) Joining a brothel.
(c) Waiting tables.
(d) Serving cocktails.
3. What does Naema do to Baby while out begging to keep him dry?
(a) Holds an umbrella over him.
(b) Puts a newspaper over him.
(c) Puts a hoodie on him.
(d) Wraps him in plastic bags.
4. What does Naema's boyfriend give her on Christmas?
(a) A cooked chicken leg.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A gift card.
(d) A locket.
5. What does Big Guy promise to give the gravediggers?
(a) A new car.
(b) Fofo's motorcycle.
(d) Gold coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kotchikpa is surprised to find that ____________________ has been in on the plot all along.
2. Mama and Papa bring new siblings named _________________________.
3. What is notable about the man in #39?
4. What currency does Fofo Kpee put in the church collection?
5. Who arrives unexpectedly one night to say that the children will be leaving within the week?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jigana and his siblings get money from people on the streets?
2. Why do Mama and Papa encourage their children to sniff glue and drink alcohol?
3. Where does Fofo store his acquired goods and why are they really useless?
4. Who are the members of Jigana's family?
5. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children and what do they think is the occasion for the goodies?
6. How does Maisha's physical appearance symbolize her stolen innocence derived from her beauty?
7. What is the true extent of Mama's gratitude toward Maisha when she gets on her knees to thank her daughter?
8. What is Baba's fantasy about Maisha's life and how does the rundown taxi actually symbolize the life Maisha will have?
9. Where are the parents of the children and why do they live with Fofo Kpee?
10. What real life issue in Africa does this story address?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)