|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mama thanks Maisha for _________________.
(a) Washing the dishes.
(b) Paying their debt.
(c) Buying her shoes.
(d) Cooking breakfast.
2. Why does the person in #61 begin to shake Fofo and yell at him?
(a) Fofo has gambled all the money away.
(b) Fofo has sold the motorcycle.
(c) Fofo does not want to go through with the deal.
(d) Fofo has let the children get away.
3. Mama hopes she can sell one of the new puppies to buy ______________________.
(a) Christmas gifts.
(c) Jigana's school books.
4. What currency does Fofo Kpee put in the church collection?
(a) D20 bill.
(b) N100 bill.
(c) G20 bill.
(d) S500 bill.
5. What new name does Mama give to Kotchikpa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jigana think he should have done to help support the family?
2. Kotchikpa is surprised to find that ____________________ has been in on the plot all along.
3. What does Mama do for her children when they are hungry on Christmas morning?
4. What does Naema's boyfriend give her on Christmas?
5. What does Naema do to Baby while out begging to keep him dry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Big Guy and what is he looking for at Fofo Kpee's house?
2. Why does Mama try to break into Maisha's trunk?
3. Why would Kotchikpa think that the motorcycle is a reward from God?
4. What real life issue in Africa does this story address?
5. What is Baba's fantasy about Maisha's life and how does the rundown taxi actually symbolize the life Maisha will have?
6. How does Maisha's physical appearance symbolize her stolen innocence derived from her beauty?
7. What is the importance of "the bad night" when Fofo masturbates in front of the children?
8. What is the true extent of Mama's gratitude toward Maisha when she gets on her knees to thank her daughter?
9. Why is Maisha a prostitute at the age of twelve?
10. How do Jigana and his siblings get money from people on the streets?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)