|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the family members do when they eat the food that Maisha has brought home?
(a) Go to sleep.
(b) Stretch out on the floor.
(c) Invite neighbors in.
(d) Vomit and eat some more.
2. What currency does Fofo Kpee put in the church collection?
(a) D20 bill.
(b) N100 bill.
(c) S500 bill.
(d) G20 bill.
3. Who is Naema?
(a) Jigana's aunt.
(b) Jigana's sister.
(c) Jigana's godmother.
(d) Jigana's mother.
4. What does the guard force the children to drink?
(a) Unsweetened tea.
(b) Castor oil.
(c) Salt water.
(d) Warm milk.
5. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
(a) The parents are traveling abroad.
(b) They are at boarding school.
(c) The children are in foster care.
(d) The parents have AIDS.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fofo tell Kotchikpa about Mama and Papa?
2. Which is NOT one of the things that Jinga does when Maisha leaves?
3. How does Maisha make money for the family?
4. Mama downs a bottle of _______________ which is usually reserved for the children.
5. What new name does Mama give to Kotchikpa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does Maisha play in the family and why do her parents resent her?
2. What are the reasons that Jigana tears up his school items and runs away from the family?
3. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children and what do they think is the occasion for the goodies?
4. Why does Mama try to break into Maisha's trunk?
5. What does the motorcycle symbolize in the story?
6. How does Fofo Kpee explain the delivery of the new motorcycle to the children?
7. Where are the parents of the children and why do they live with Fofo Kpee?
8. Who is Big Guy and what is he looking for at Fofo Kpee's house?
9. What is Baba's fantasy about Maisha's life and how does the rundown taxi actually symbolize the life Maisha will have?
10. Why does Jigana get special treatment in the family?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)