|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Yewa?
2. Where does Maisha keep all her belongings?
(a) A closet.
(b) A storage room.
(c) A cellar.
(d) A wooden box.
3. What is notable about the man in #39?
(a) He has a scar on his face.
(b) He is crippled.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He has white hair.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Maisha had when she left for work a few days ago?
(a) Long artificial fingernails.
(b) Freshly applied perm.
(c) Pair of black jeans.
(d) Newly bleached skin.
5. Even though Kotchikpa no longer wants to travel to Gabon with Mama and Papa, Yewa is still allured by Western food and ___________________.
(d) Theme parks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Naema's boyfriend give her on Christmas?
2. What does Mama suggest giving the neighbors for Christmas?
3. What has the man in #39 purchased recently?
4. Where does Fofo Kpee keep the motorcycle?
5. Jigana becomes so drunk on sniffing glue that he ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the true extent of Mama's gratitude toward Maisha when she gets on her knees to thank her daughter?
2. What real life issue in Africa does this story address?
3. Who are Kotchikpa and Yewa?
4. What are the reasons that Jigana tears up his school items and runs away from the family?
5. Why is Maisha a prostitute at the age of twelve?
6. What is Baba's fantasy about Maisha's life and how does the rundown taxi actually symbolize the life Maisha will have?
7. Who are the members of Jigana's family?
8. Who is Big Guy and what is he looking for at Fofo Kpee's house?
9. Why do Mama and Papa encourage their children to sniff glue and drink alcohol?
10. How do Jigana and his siblings get money from people on the streets?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)