|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country does the story take place?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Maisha had when she left for work a few days ago?
(a) Freshly applied perm.
(b) Pair of black jeans.
(c) Long artificial fingernails.
(d) Newly bleached skin.
3. Kotchikpa overhears Fofo saying that he will travel to Braffe soon to collect ____________________.
(a) His new car.
(b) The furniture.
(c) The other children.
(d) His lottery winnings.
4. What does Fofo Kpee give the children to calm them down about meeting their adoptive parents?
5. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
(a) They are at boarding school.
(b) The parents have AIDS.
(c) The parents are traveling abroad.
(d) The children are in foster care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new name does Mama give to Yewa?
2. What does Big Guy promise to give the gravediggers?
3. What does Jigana want to do to Maisha's clients?
4. What does the guard force the children to do?
5. Where does Maisha keep all her belongings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children and what do they think is the occasion for the goodies?
2. What are the reasons that Jigana tears up his school items and runs away from the family?
3. What is the importance of "the bad night" when Fofo masturbates in front of the children?
4. What is Baba's fantasy about Maisha's life and how does the rundown taxi actually symbolize the life Maisha will have?
5. Who is Fofo Kpee?
6. How does Maisha's physical appearance symbolize her stolen innocence derived from her beauty?
7. Why does Mama try to break into Maisha's trunk?
8. Who are the members of Jigana's family?
9. What real life issue in Africa does this story address?
10. Why do Mama and Papa encourage their children to sniff glue and drink alcohol?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)