|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fofo Kpee keep the motorcycle?
(a) In the house.
(b) In a shed.
(c) In the drive.
(d) In the garage.
2. Fattening for Gabon starts with the line, "Selling your child or nephew could be more difficult than selling ________________________."
(b) Other kids.
(c) A car.
(d) Sea shells.
3. How old are Otieno and Atieno?
4. The guard questions the children about ___________________.
(a) The neighbors.
(b) Their new background stories.
(d) Their schooling.
5. Why does the person in #61 begin to shake Fofo and yell at him?
(a) Fofo does not want to go through with the deal.
(b) Fofo has gambled all the money away.
(c) Fofo has sold the motorcycle.
(d) Fofo has let the children get away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new name does Mama give to Yewa?
2. What does Mama suggest giving the neighbors for Christmas?
3. What does Baba help Maisha load into a taxi?
4. Which sibling of Maisha's is the only one she will allow to hang out on the street with her?
5. Mama downs a bottle of _______________ which is usually reserved for the children.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the motorcycle symbolize in the story?
2. Who are Kotchikpa and Yewa?
3. Why is Maisha a prostitute at the age of twelve?
4. How does Fofo Kpee explain the delivery of the new motorcycle to the children?
5. What is the importance of "the bad night" when Fofo masturbates in front of the children?
6. Where does Fofo store his acquired goods and why are they really useless?
7. What role does Maisha play in the family and why do her parents resent her?
8. How does Maisha's physical appearance symbolize her stolen innocence derived from her beauty?
9. Who is Big Guy and what is he looking for at Fofo Kpee's house?
10. How do Jigana and his siblings get money from people on the streets?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)