|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the guard tell the children?
(a) They will never leave the house again.
(b) They are going back to school.
(c) They are to be sold.
(d) They are going away to military school.
2. Who arrives unexpectedly one night to say that the children will be leaving within the week?
(a) Big Guy.
(c) Monsieur Abraham.
3. Which is NOT one of the things that Jinga does when Maisha leaves?
(a) Tears up his school uniform.
(b) Pulls down the mosquito net.
(c) Breaks his school pencils.
(d) Swallows a bottle of glue.
4. Fattening for Gabon starts with the line, "Selling your child or nephew could be more difficult than selling ________________________."
(a) A car.
(c) Sea shells.
(d) Other kids.
5. What does Jigana think he should have done to help support the family?
(a) Worked at the hatchery.
(b) Joined a street gang.
(c) Worked at McDonald's.
(d) Delivered newspapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Yewa?
2. Where does Maisha keep all her belongings?
3. What does Big Guy promise to give the gravediggers?
4. What does Fofo tell Kotchikpa about Mama and Papa?
5. Kotchikpa is surprised to find that ____________________ has been in on the plot all along.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Kotchikpa and Yewa?
2. Who are the members of Jigana's family?
3. What is the premise of "Fattening for Gabon"?
4. Why do Mama and Papa encourage their children to sniff glue and drink alcohol?
5. Why does Mama try to break into Maisha's trunk?
6. Who is Fofo Kpee?
7. Why would Kotchikpa think that the motorcycle is a reward from God?
8. Who is Big Guy and what is he looking for at Fofo Kpee's house?
9. What is the true extent of Mama's gratitude toward Maisha when she gets on her knees to thank her daughter?
10. Where does Fofo store his acquired goods and why are they really useless?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)