|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baba help Maisha load into a taxi?
(a) Her coat rack.
(b) Her bicycle.
(c) Her trunk.
(d) Her suitcases.
2. What does the guard force the children to do?
(a) Clean the house.
(b) Eat to fatten them up.
(c) Stay in their beds all day.
(d) Study 12 hours a day.
3. What does Naema do to Baby while out begging to keep him dry?
(a) Wraps him in plastic bags.
(b) Puts a hoodie on him.
(c) Puts a newspaper over him.
(d) Holds an umbrella over him.
4. Who is outraged that he/she overslept on Christmas and lost the chance to beg from white tourists?
(b) The mother.
(c) The father.
5. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
(a) Looking in her purse.
(b) Stepping on her foot.
(c) Playing music too loud.
(d) Trying to wish her goodnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fofo makes the children memorize _____________________.
2. Why does Yewa not want to go to school?
3. What new name does Mama give to Kotchikpa?
4. The guard questions the children about ___________________.
5. Fofo Kpee tells the children that they have _________________ who want to adopt them.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Kotchikpa think that the motorcycle is a reward from God?
2. Why does Mama try to break into Maisha's trunk?
3. Where are the parents of the children and why do they live with Fofo Kpee?
4. Who are the members of Jigana's family?
5. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children and what do they think is the occasion for the goodies?
6. What is the importance of "the bad night" when Fofo masturbates in front of the children?
7. Who is Big Guy and what is he looking for at Fofo Kpee's house?
8. Why does Jigana get special treatment in the family?
9. Where does Fofo store his acquired goods and why are they really useless?
10. What does the motorcycle symbolize in the story?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)