|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Kotchikpa no longer wants to travel to Gabon with Mama and Papa, Yewa is still allured by Western food and ___________________.
(c) Theme parks.
2. How old is Kotchikpa?
3. What currency does Fofo Kpee put in the church collection?
(a) G20 bill.
(b) N100 bill.
(c) D20 bill.
(d) S500 bill.
4. Why do the children take Baby to town with them?
(a) They can teach her songs.
(b) They want to buy her some ice cream.
(c) People give more money when Baby is with them.
(d) The store owner gives them candy.
5. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are Otieno and Atieno?
2. Fofo Kpee tells the congregation that his new riches come from ______________________.
3. Who arrives unexpectedly one night to say that the children will be leaving within the week?
4. Fofo makes the children memorize _____________________.
5. How old is Yewa?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jigana get special treatment in the family?
2. What is Baba's fantasy about Maisha's life and how does the rundown taxi actually symbolize the life Maisha will have?
3. Why does Mama try to break into Maisha's trunk?
4. Where does Fofo store his acquired goods and why are they really useless?
5. Who are Kotchikpa and Yewa?
6. What does the motorcycle symbolize in the story?
7. What are the reasons that Jigana tears up his school items and runs away from the family?
8. Why does Mama give her children glue to sniff on Christmas morning?
9. What is the premise of "Fattening for Gabon"?
10. Where are the parents of the children and why do they live with Fofo Kpee?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)