|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jigana think he should have done to help support the family?
(a) Joined a street gang.
(b) Worked at McDonald's.
(c) Worked at the hatchery.
(d) Delivered newspapers.
2. What new name does Mama give to Kotchikpa?
3. Why does the person in #61 begin to shake Fofo and yell at him?
(a) Fofo has let the children get away.
(b) Fofo does not want to go through with the deal.
(c) Fofo has gambled all the money away.
(d) Fofo has sold the motorcycle.
4. With what does Mama spray down the house?
5. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
(a) Playing music too loud.
(b) Trying to wish her goodnight.
(c) Looking in her purse.
(d) Stepping on her foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sibling of Maisha's is the only one she will allow to hang out on the street with her?
2. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
3. Where are the children kept after the motorcycle accident?
4. How old is Kotchikpa?
5. Jigana becomes so drunk on sniffing glue that he ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jigana get special treatment in the family?
2. How do Jigana and his siblings get money from people on the streets?
3. Why do Mama and Papa encourage their children to sniff glue and drink alcohol?
4. Who is Fofo Kpee?
5. Who are Kotchikpa and Yewa?
6. Who are the members of Jigana's family?
7. Why would Kotchikpa think that the motorcycle is a reward from God?
8. How does Maisha's physical appearance symbolize her stolen innocence derived from her beauty?
9. Where are the parents of the children and why do they live with Fofo Kpee?
10. How does Fofo Kpee explain the delivery of the new motorcycle to the children?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)