|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jinga do when Maisha leaves?
(a) Gets a job.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Cleans the house.
(d) Goes to sleep.
2. Fofo makes the children memorize _____________________.
(a) Fictional stories about themselves.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Song lyrics.
(d) The alphabet.
3. What is notable about the man in #39?
(a) He is crippled.
(b) He has a scar on his face.
(c) He has white hair.
(d) He is deaf.
4. Fofo Kpee tells the children that they have _________________ who want to adopt them.
(a) Church members.
5. Why will Fofo Kpee not allow any windows in the house to be opened?
(a) Too much dust comes in from the traffic.
(b) He doesn't want people to see their luxuries and steal them.
(c) He has really bad allergies.
(d) He prefers to run the air conditioning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Yewa?
2. Which sibling of Maisha's is the only one she will allow to hang out on the street with her?
3. What does Mama do for her children when they are hungry on Christmas morning?
4. Who does Mama allow to sleep under the mosquito net?
5. Mama hopes she can sell one of the new puppies to buy ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jigana get special treatment in the family?
2. Where are the parents of the children and why do they live with Fofo Kpee?
3. Where does Fofo store his acquired goods and why are they really useless?
4. What is the true extent of Mama's gratitude toward Maisha when she gets on her knees to thank her daughter?
5. Who are Kotchikpa and Yewa?
6. Who are the members of Jigana's family?
7. What role does Maisha play in the family and why do her parents resent her?
8. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children and what do they think is the occasion for the goodies?
9. How does Fofo Kpee explain the delivery of the new motorcycle to the children?
10. What real life issue in Africa does this story address?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)