|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the best friend of the person in #74?
2. How many. pages is this short story?
3. What does the chief drop into Jubril's lap?
(a) A bottle of water.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A rosary.
4. What is Jubril's religion?
5. What does Madam Aniema do to the soldier to calm him down?
(a) Offers him some food.
(b) Sprinkles holy water on him.
(c) Sings to him.
(d) Rubs his hands.
6. Which of the following is NOT something Selam likes about the narrator?
(a) Artistic talent.
(b) Little eyes.
(d) Lean face.
7. Why does Selam suddenly rush off her balcony and back into her apartment?
(a) She has to answer the phone.
(b) It has started to rain.
(c) She needs to get a jacket.
(d) She doesn't want her mother to catch her.
8. The narrator and her best friend vacation with ___________________.
(a) The church group.
(b) A neighbor's family.
(c) The narrator's family.
(d) The best friend's family.
9. The narrator and her best friend ______________________.
(a) Do everything together.
(b) Swim in the sea.
(c) Ride bikes together.
(d) Take piano lessons.
10. Who has taken Jubril's reserved seat on the bus?
(a) A mother and child.
(b) A priest.
(c) A village chief.
(d) A school girl.
11. The soldier wants to be a farmer or a ____________________.
12. Emeka points out Jubril as being a ______________.
13. What does Jubril fear will reveal that he is a Muslim?
(a) His missing hand.
(b) His books.
(c) His food.
(d) His clothing.
14. How old is the narrator?
15. The chief orders the passengers on the bus to not mention the word ________________ on the trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the bus passengers side with Jubril against the village chief?
2. Which of the following is NOT something the soldier threatens to do if he is forced off the bus?
3. How old are the girls in the story?
4. What does the narrator see Selam doing at her apartment one night?
5. What is the setting of the story?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)