Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This story is about the divide between ____________________________.
(a) Muslims and Christians.
(b) Democrats and Republicans.
(c) Catholics and Baptists.
(d) men and women.
2. What had a girl named Hadiya told Selam at school one day?
(a) She could tutor her.
(b) A certain boy liked her.
(c) She should join the choir.
(d) Hamburger is pork.
3. Who says, "Best friends don't quarrel" when Selam begins to cry?
(b) The narrator.
(d) The narrator's father.
4. Who is Yusuf?
(a) Jubril's best friend.
(b) Jubril's grandfather.
(c) Jubril's father.
(d) Jubril's brother.
5. What place does the narrator have in her family?
(a) An only child.
(b) The youngest child.
(c) The oldest child.
(d) The middle child.
6. Which of the following is NOT something the soldier threatens to do if he is forced off the bus?
(a) Light himself on fire.
(b) Curses the passengers.
(c) Threatens to kill someone.
(d) Shoots imaginary machine guns into the air.
7. Why is the bus unable to leave as scheduled?
(a) The weather is too perilous.
(b) The driver can't be found.
(c) The roads out of the city are blocked.
(d) There is engine trouble.
8. What was Jubril's punishment for stealing a goat?
(a) He spent six weeks in prison.
(b) His hand was amputated.
(c) He is banished from his village.
(d) He had to pay for the goat.
9. The soldier wants to be a farmer or a ____________________.
10. What is the setting of the story?
11. Why does the narrator scream at Selam?
(a) She made a soccer goal.
(b) She is swerving on her bike.
(c) She is boarding a train.
(d) Selam had talked to Hadiya.
12. The chief orders the passengers on the bus to not mention the word ________________ on the trip.
13. Why does Jubril not watch the televisions on the bus?
(a) His eyes are too tired.
(b) The screens are too blurry.
(c) He would prefer to sleep.
(d) They show offensive Western images.
14. One day, the narrator's parents inform her that she can no longer spend time with whom?
15. During the Christian and Muslim riots, Jubril was beaten and _________________________.
(a) Thrown in the river.
(c) Almost set on fire.
(d) Left in an alley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jubril's adopted Christian name?
2. What place does Selam have in her family?
3. How old are the girls in the story?
4. Selam's parents have given her permission to eat ___________________.
5. How did Yusuf die?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)