|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells this story?
(a) The narrator.
2. The narrator and her best friend vacation with ___________________.
(a) The best friend's family.
(b) A neighbor's family.
(c) The narrator's family.
(d) The church group.
3. What is the setting of the story?
4. Why is Jubril uncomfortable around the women on the bus?
(a) They wear too much perfume.
(b) They are in Western clothes.
(c) They flirt with him.
(d) They wear too much makeup.
5. Why is the bus unable to leave as scheduled?
(a) There is engine trouble.
(b) The roads out of the city are blocked.
(c) The driver can't be found.
(d) The weather is too perilous.
6. This story is told from which point of view?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Second person narrative.
(c) First person narrative.
(d) Third person narrative.
7. Why do the narrator's parents no longer want her to play with a certain girl?
(a) She is Muslim.
(b) She is disrespectful.
(c) She is rude.
(d) She is a bad influence.
8. What does Madam Aniema do to the soldier to calm him down?
(a) Offers him some food.
(b) Rubs his hands.
(c) Sings to him.
(d) Sprinkles holy water on him.
9. What does Jubril fear will reveal that he is a Muslim?
(a) His food.
(b) His missing hand.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His books.
10. What is Jubril's religion?
11. What does the narrator see Selam doing at her apartment one night?
(a) Standing on the balcony.
(b) Watching television.
(c) Drying dishes.
(d) Reading a book.
12. One day, the narrator smells ________________ in the apartment.
13. Why does the person in #115 yell at Jubril?
(a) He dropped his bag on her lap.
(b) He spilled water on them.
(c) He stepped on his foot.
(d) He had the audacity to speak to him.
14. Who is the best friend of the person in #74?
15. What place does the narrator have in her family?
(a) An only child.
(b) The middle child.
(c) The oldest child.
(d) The youngest child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What candy do the two friends like to eat?
2. How many. pages is this short story?
3. What differences do the two friends have?
4. Which of the following is NOT something the narrator likes about her best friend?
5. What is notable about Jubril's appearance?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)