|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator scream at Selam?
(a) She is boarding a train.
(b) She is swerving on her bike.
(c) She made a soccer goal.
(d) Selam had talked to Hadiya.
2. What does the narrator see Selam doing at her apartment one night?
(a) Standing on the balcony.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Drying dishes.
3. Who is the protagonist of the story?
4. Emeka points out Jubril as being a ______________.
5. Why do two policeman enter the Luxurious Bus?
(a) To stop a riot.
(b) To look for a runaway girl.
(c) To remove the sick man.
(d) To talk to the village chief.
6. Which of the following do the Christian rebels NOT do to the person who is sheltering Jubril?
(a) Beat the person.
(b) Threaten to burn his/her house.
(c) Pour gasoline over the person's belongings.
(d) Shoot the person.
7. What place does Selam have in her family?
(a) An only child.
(b) The youngest child.
(c) The middle child.
(d) The oldest child.
8. The narrator and her best friend ______________________.
(a) Swim in the sea.
(b) Do everything together.
(c) Ride bikes together.
(d) Take piano lessons.
9. Jubril was baptized into which religion?
10. In what country does the story take place?
11. What was Jubril's punishment for stealing a goat?
(a) He had to pay for the goat.
(b) He is banished from his village.
(c) He spent six weeks in prison.
(d) His hand was amputated.
12. Who has taken Jubril's reserved seat on the bus?
(a) A village chief.
(b) A school girl.
(c) A mother and child.
(d) A priest.
13. What differences do the two friends have?
(a) Religious differences.
(b) Language differences.
(c) Cultural differences.
(d) Athletic differences.
14. What does a nosy woman on the bus ask Jubril?
(a) Why he isn't watching TV.
(b) Why he is traveling alone.
(c) Why he is not in school.
(d) Why his hair is so long.
15. As the story begins, the Nigerian government places a ban on the transportation of _________________ from one end of the country to another.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does the narrator watch Selam's apartment building?
2. Which of the following is NOT something the narrator likes about her best friend?
3. What does the soldier carry onto the bus?
4. Who is the best friend of the person in #74?
5. One day, the narrator's parents inform her that she can no longer spend time with whom?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)