|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Selam suddenly rush off her balcony and back into her apartment?
(a) It has started to rain.
(b) She needs to get a jacket.
(c) She doesn't want her mother to catch her.
(d) She has to answer the phone.
2. Why is the bus unable to leave as scheduled?
(a) The driver can't be found.
(b) The weather is too perilous.
(c) The roads out of the city are blocked.
(d) There is engine trouble.
3. As the story begins, the Nigerian government places a ban on the transportation of _________________ from one end of the country to another.
4. What does the narrator do when she first sees Selam at her apartment?
(a) She closes the drapes.
(b) She yells at her.
(c) She stares at her.
(d) She throws her some candy.
5. What differences do the two friends have?
(a) Language differences.
(b) Religious differences.
(c) Athletic differences.
(d) Cultural differences.
6. What does the narrator see Selam doing at her apartment one night?
(a) Drying dishes.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Standing on the balcony.
(d) Watching television.
7. Why does the narrator scream at Selam?
(a) She made a soccer goal.
(b) Selam had talked to Hadiya.
(c) She is boarding a train.
(d) She is swerving on her bike.
8. Why do two policeman enter the Luxurious Bus?
(a) To talk to the village chief.
(b) To remove the sick man.
(c) To look for a runaway girl.
(d) To stop a riot.
9. Jubril buys a ticket on which bus line to take him out of the city to his father's village?
(a) Greyhound Bus.
(c) Luxurious Buses.
(d) Nigerian Express Lines.
10. This story is told from which point of view?
(a) Second person narrative.
(b) First person narrative.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Third person narrative.
11. The soldier wants to be a farmer or a ____________________.
12. One day, the narrator smells ________________ in the apartment.
13. One day, the narrator's parents inform her that she can no longer spend time with whom?
14. Whom does Jubril ask to come on the bus to settle the matter about his seat?
(a) A priest.
(b) The bus terminal manager.
(c) The police.
(d) A city official.
15. In what country does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jubril uncomfortable around the women on the bus?
2. Who is the best friend of the person in #74?
3. What is an emir?
4. Who saves Jubril after he has passed out in a field?
5. Why is the soldier anxious to reach the village?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)