|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Selam's parents have given her permission to eat ___________________.
(a) Chicken strips.
(c) French fries.
2. One day, the narrator's parents inform her that she can no longer spend time with whom?
3. Why does the person in #115 yell at Jubril?
(a) He stepped on his foot.
(b) He spilled water on them.
(c) He dropped his bag on her lap.
(d) He had the audacity to speak to him.
4. What does Jubril fear will reveal that he is a Muslim?
(a) His food.
(b) His missing hand.
(c) His books.
(d) His clothing.
5. During one vacation, Selam asks the narrator ___________________________.
(a) If she wants to learn French.
(b) If she has ever kissed a boy.
(c) If hamburger is pork.
(d) If she knows how to water ski.
6. One day, the narrator smells ________________ in the apartment.
7. Emeka points out Jubril as being a ______________.
8. Why does Jubril not watch the televisions on the bus?
(a) They show offensive Western images.
(b) The screens are too blurry.
(c) His eyes are too tired.
(d) He would prefer to sleep.
9. What does the narrator note about the streets outside the apartment?
(a) They are wet.
(b) They are empty.
(c) They are filled with people.
(d) They have oil spots.
10. A man named Emeka takes care of another man who has ___________________.
11. The narrator and her best friend ______________________.
(a) Do everything together.
(b) Ride bikes together.
(c) Swim in the sea.
(d) Take piano lessons.
12. How many days does the narrator watch Selam's apartment building?
13. Why do two policeman enter the Luxurious Bus?
(a) To remove the sick man.
(b) To look for a runaway girl.
(c) To talk to the village chief.
(d) To stop a riot.
14. What does the narrator do when she first sees Selam at her apartment?
(a) She closes the drapes.
(b) She yells at her.
(c) She stares at her.
(d) She throws her some candy.
15. What is an emir?
(a) Prayer cloth.
(c) Desert animal.
(d) Holy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two people who share a close bond are able to _________________________.
2. What does the narrator's father tell Selam?
3. Which of the following do Selam and the narrator NOT do when they see each other from their apartments?
4. Whom does Jubril ask to come on the bus to settle the matter about his seat?
5. Why is Jubril uncomfortable around the women on the bus?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)