|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an emir?
(a) Desert animal.
(b) Holy man.
(d) Prayer cloth.
2. What does the soldier carry onto the bus?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A set of golf clubs.
(c) A dog.
(d) A machete.
3. Why do two policeman enter the Luxurious Bus?
(a) To remove the sick man.
(b) To talk to the village chief.
(c) To stop a riot.
(d) To look for a runaway girl.
4. Who saves Jubril after he has passed out in a field?
(a) The bus driver.
(b) A priest.
(c) A Muslim man.
(d) A policeman.
5. What is Jubril's adopted Christian name?
6. What does the narrator's father tell Selam?
(a) He can tutor her in algebra if she wants him to.
(b) She should eat whatever she wants when with them.
(c) She should study French.
(d) She is the best goalie on the soccer team.
7. What does the chief drop into Jubril's lap?
(a) A magazine.
(c) A bottle of water.
(d) A rosary.
8. This story is about the divide between ____________________________.
(a) Democrats and Republicans.
(b) Muslims and Christians.
(c) men and women.
(d) Catholics and Baptists.
9. Why is the bus unable to leave as scheduled?
(a) The roads out of the city are blocked.
(b) The driver can't be found.
(c) There is engine trouble.
(d) The weather is too perilous.
10. Why does Jubril not watch the televisions on the bus?
(a) The screens are too blurry.
(b) His eyes are too tired.
(c) He would prefer to sleep.
(d) They show offensive Western images.
11. During one vacation, Selam asks the narrator ___________________________.
(a) If she knows how to water ski.
(b) If she has ever kissed a boy.
(c) If she wants to learn French.
(d) If hamburger is pork.
12. Jubril buys a ticket on which bus line to take him out of the city to his father's village?
(a) Nigerian Express Lines.
(b) Luxurious Buses.
(c) Greyhound Bus.
13. The narrator and her best friend ______________________.
(a) Swim in the sea.
(b) Take piano lessons.
(c) Do everything together.
(d) Ride bikes together.
14. What does a nosy woman on the bus ask Jubril?
(a) Why he is traveling alone.
(b) Why he isn't watching TV.
(c) Why his hair is so long.
(d) Why he is not in school.
15. Who is the best friend of the person in #74?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do the Christian rebels NOT do to the person who is sheltering Jubril?
2. What had a girl named Hadiya told Selam at school one day?
3. The soldier wants to be a farmer or a ____________________.
4. Why does the narrator scream at Selam?
5. The chief offers some crackers to Jubril on what condition?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)