|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the soldier carry onto the bus?
(a) A machete.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A dog.
(d) A set of golf clubs.
2. How old are the girls in the story?
3. What is Jubril's adopted Christian name?
4. What place does Selam have in her family?
(a) The middle child.
(b) The youngest child.
(c) An only child.
(d) The oldest child.
5. Jubril buys a ticket on which bus line to take him out of the city to his father's village?
(a) Nigerian Express Lines.
(b) Greyhound Bus.
(d) Luxurious Buses.
6. What is the narrator looking for at Selam's apartment building?
(a) A light in the kitchen window.
(b) The blinds to open.
(c) Smoke from the fireplace.
(d) The pigeons roosting on the roof.
7. Emeka points out Jubril as being a ______________.
8. A man named Emeka takes care of another man who has ___________________.
9. Which of the following is NOT something the soldier threatens to do if he is forced off the bus?
(a) Light himself on fire.
(b) Threatens to kill someone.
(c) Curses the passengers.
(d) Shoots imaginary machine guns into the air.
10. What does Jubril fear will reveal that he is a Muslim?
(a) His missing hand.
(b) His books.
(c) His food.
(d) His clothing.
11. Who is the best friend of the person in #74?
12. What does a nosy woman on the bus ask Jubril?
(a) Why he is not in school.
(b) Why he isn't watching TV.
(c) Why he is traveling alone.
(d) Why his hair is so long.
13. One day, the narrator smells ________________ in the apartment.
14. In what country does the story take place?
15. How old is the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jubril was baptized into which religion?
2. Why does the village chief get so angry at Jubril?
3. As the story begins, the Nigerian government places a ban on the transportation of _________________ from one end of the country to another.
4. What place does the narrator have in her family?
5. Why do the bus passengers side with Jubril against the village chief?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)