|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jubril fear will reveal that he is a Muslim?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His food.
(c) His books.
(d) His missing hand.
2. What candy do the two friends like to eat?
(a) Gummy bears.
(b) Red licorice.
(c) Peanut butter cups.
(d) Smiling Cow toffees.
3. What is Jubril's religion?
4. What does the narrator note about the streets outside the apartment?
(a) They are wet.
(b) They are empty.
(c) They are filled with people.
(d) They have oil spots.
5. The narrator and her best friend vacation with ___________________.
(a) The best friend's family.
(b) The narrator's family.
(c) A neighbor's family.
(d) The church group.
6. Who is Yusuf?
(a) Jubril's brother.
(b) Jubril's best friend.
(c) Jubril's father.
(d) Jubril's grandfather.
7. The chief orders the passengers on the bus to not mention the word ________________ on the trip.
8. What does the narrator do when she first sees Selam at her apartment?
(a) She yells at her.
(b) She throws her some candy.
(c) She closes the drapes.
(d) She stares at her.
9. During the Christian and Muslim riots, Jubril was beaten and _________________________.
(b) Left in an alley.
(c) Thrown in the river.
(d) Almost set on fire.
10. Why do two policeman enter the Luxurious Bus?
(a) To look for a runaway girl.
(b) To talk to the village chief.
(c) To stop a riot.
(d) To remove the sick man.
11. Jubril buys a ticket on which bus line to take him out of the city to his father's village?
(a) Nigerian Express Lines.
(c) Greyhound Bus.
(d) Luxurious Buses.
12. How many. pages is this short story?
13. Why is Jubril uncomfortable around the women on the bus?
(a) They wear too much perfume.
(b) They are in Western clothes.
(c) They flirt with him.
(d) They wear too much makeup.
14. How old is the narrator?
15. The soldier wants to be a farmer or a ____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells this story?
2. Who is the protagonist of the story?
3. Why does the village chief get so angry at Jubril?
4. Why does Selam suddenly rush off her balcony and back into her apartment?
5. This story is about the divide between ____________________________.
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)