|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator is happy because __________________________.
(a) She and Selam have found a way to communicate.
(b) It is her birthday.
(c) She got a new puppy.
(d) Her family is going on vacation.
2. What is notable about Jubril's appearance?
(a) He has turquoise eyes.
(b) One leg is shorter than the other.
(c) He has burn scars on his face.
(d) He is missing a hand.
3. Which of the following do the Christian rebels NOT do to the person who is sheltering Jubril?
(a) Beat the person.
(b) Shoot the person.
(c) Pour gasoline over the person's belongings.
(d) Threaten to burn his/her house.
4. The narrator's parents no longer want her to play with whom?
5. The chief orders the passengers on the bus to not mention the word ________________ on the trip.
6. One day, the narrator's parents inform her that she can no longer spend time with whom?
7. What is Jubril's adopted Christian name?
8. During the Christian and Muslim riots, Jubril was beaten and _________________________.
(a) Left in an alley.
(b) Almost set on fire.
(c) Thrown in the river.
9. Why do two policeman enter the Luxurious Bus?
(a) To remove the sick man.
(b) To talk to the village chief.
(c) To look for a runaway girl.
(d) To stop a riot.
10. Who says, "Best friends don't quarrel" when Selam begins to cry?
(a) The narrator.
(d) The narrator's father.
11. Which of the following is NOT something Selam likes about the narrator?
(b) Little eyes.
(c) Lean face.
(d) Artistic talent.
12. What does the chief drop into Jubril's lap?
(a) A bottle of water.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A rosary.
13. How old are the girls in the story?
14. This story is about the divide between ____________________________.
(a) Catholics and Baptists.
(b) Democrats and Republicans.
(c) Muslims and Christians.
(d) men and women.
15. Who has taken Jubril's reserved seat on the bus?
(a) A school girl.
(b) A priest.
(c) A village chief.
(d) A mother and child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jubril buys a ticket on which bus line to take him out of the city to his father's village?
2. During one vacation, Selam asks the narrator ___________________________.
3. What does a nosy woman on the bus ask Jubril?
4. Selam's parents have given her permission to eat ___________________.
5. Why do the narrator's parents no longer want her to play with a certain girl?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)