|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Jubril after he has passed out in a field?
(a) The bus driver.
(b) A Muslim man.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A priest.
2. How did Yusuf die?
(a) He drowned.
(b) He had a terminal illness.
(c) He was stabbed.
(d) He was stoned to death.
3. What had a girl named Hadiya told Selam at school one day?
(a) A certain boy liked her.
(b) Hamburger is pork.
(c) She could tutor her.
(d) She should join the choir.
4. How many. pages is this short story?
5. The chief offers some crackers to Jubril on what condition?
(a) Jubril runs an errand for him.
(b) Jubril pays him.
(c) Jubril takes them with his right hand.
(d) Jubril leaves him alone.
6. Emeka points out Jubril as being a ______________.
7. What does the narrator note about the streets outside the apartment?
(a) They have oil spots.
(b) They are filled with people.
(c) They are wet.
(d) They are empty.
8. Which of the following do the Christian rebels NOT do to the person who is sheltering Jubril?
(a) Shoot the person.
(b) Threaten to burn his/her house.
(c) Beat the person.
(d) Pour gasoline over the person's belongings.
9. Whom does Jubril ask to come on the bus to settle the matter about his seat?
(a) A city official.
(b) The police.
(c) A priest.
(d) The bus terminal manager.
10. What does the soldier carry onto the bus?
(a) A set of golf clubs.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A dog.
(d) A machete.
11. One day, the narrator smells ________________ in the apartment.
12. What candy do the two friends like to eat?
(a) Peanut butter cups.
(b) Gummy bears.
(c) Red licorice.
(d) Smiling Cow toffees.
13. During one vacation, Selam asks the narrator ___________________________.
(a) If hamburger is pork.
(b) If she knows how to water ski.
(c) If she wants to learn French.
(d) If she has ever kissed a boy.
14. The soldier wants to be a farmer or a ____________________.
15. Who is Yusuf?
(a) Jubril's father.
(b) Jubril's best friend.
(c) Jubril's brother.
(d) Jubril's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jubril buys a ticket on which bus line to take him out of the city to his father's village?
2. What does the narrator do when she first sees Selam at her apartment?
3. What differences do the two friends have?
4. Who says, "Best friends don't quarrel" when Selam begins to cry?
5. Why does Selam suddenly rush off her balcony and back into her apartment?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)