|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the village chief get so angry at Jubril?
(a) He turns off the television.
(b) He spills water on him.
(c) He steps on his foot.
(d) He brushes up against his shoulder.
2. What candy do the two friends like to eat?
(a) Red licorice.
(b) Peanut butter cups.
(c) Smiling Cow toffees.
(d) Gummy bears.
3. Who tells this story?
(c) The narrator.
4. What is Jubril's religion?
5. One day, the narrator smells ________________ in the apartment.
6. What does the narrator do when she first sees Selam at her apartment?
(a) She yells at her.
(b) She throws her some candy.
(c) She stares at her.
(d) She closes the drapes.
7. Selam's parents have given her permission to eat ___________________.
(c) French fries.
(d) Chicken strips.
8. Why is Jubril uncomfortable around the women on the bus?
(a) They flirt with him.
(b) They wear too much perfume.
(c) They wear too much makeup.
(d) They are in Western clothes.
9. In what country does the story take place?
10. Which of the following is NOT something the narrator likes about her best friend?
(b) Sense of humor.
(d) Long legs.
11. How many days does the narrator watch Selam's apartment building?
12. What is the setting of the story?
13. How many. pages is this short story?
14. Jubril was baptized into which religion?
15. Which of the following do Selam and the narrator NOT do when they see each other from their apartments?
(a) Talk on the phone.
(b) Mime hugging each other.
(c) Open their mouths wide.
(d) Smile big.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the narrator's parents no longer want her to play with a certain girl?
2. Why is the soldier anxious to reach the village?
3. This story is about the divide between ____________________________.
4. What is an emir?
5. What does Madam Aniema do to the soldier to calm him down?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)