|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day, the narrator's parents inform her that she can no longer spend time with whom?
2. Why is Jubril uncomfortable around the women on the bus?
(a) They wear too much makeup.
(b) They wear too much perfume.
(c) They flirt with him.
(d) They are in Western clothes.
3. Why does the person in #115 yell at Jubril?
(a) He stepped on his foot.
(b) He dropped his bag on her lap.
(c) He had the audacity to speak to him.
(d) He spilled water on them.
4. Which of the following is NOT something the soldier threatens to do if he is forced off the bus?
(a) Light himself on fire.
(b) Threatens to kill someone.
(c) Shoots imaginary machine guns into the air.
(d) Curses the passengers.
5. What does the narrator note about the streets outside the apartment?
(a) They are filled with people.
(b) They have oil spots.
(c) They are wet.
(d) They are empty.
6. Why does the village chief get so angry at Jubril?
(a) He spills water on him.
(b) He steps on his foot.
(c) He brushes up against his shoulder.
(d) He turns off the television.
7. Jubril buys a ticket on which bus line to take him out of the city to his father's village?
(a) Luxurious Buses.
(c) Greyhound Bus.
(d) Nigerian Express Lines.
8. Who is Yusuf?
(a) Jubril's father.
(b) Jubril's brother.
(c) Jubril's grandfather.
(d) Jubril's best friend.
9. What does Jubril fear will reveal that he is a Muslim?
(a) His books.
(b) His food.
(c) His missing hand.
(d) His clothing.
10. Who saves Jubril after he has passed out in a field?
(a) A Muslim man.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A priest.
(d) The bus driver.
11. The narrator and her best friend vacation with ___________________.
(a) The church group.
(b) A neighbor's family.
(c) The best friend's family.
(d) The narrator's family.
12. What does Madam Aniema do to the soldier to calm him down?
(a) Sings to him.
(b) Offers him some food.
(c) Sprinkles holy water on him.
(d) Rubs his hands.
13. During the Christian and Muslim riots, Jubril was beaten and _________________________.
(a) Left in an alley.
(b) Almost set on fire.
(d) Thrown in the river.
14. The narrator and her best friend ______________________.
(a) Take piano lessons.
(b) Do everything together.
(c) Ride bikes together.
(d) Swim in the sea.
15. Why does the narrator scream at Selam?
(a) She made a soccer goal.
(b) Selam had talked to Hadiya.
(c) She is boarding a train.
(d) She is swerving on her bike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator see Selam doing at her apartment one night?
2. The narrator's parents no longer want her to play with whom?
3. What is Jubril's adopted Christian name?
4. What place does Selam have in her family?
5. Why do two policeman enter the Luxurious Bus?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)