|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jubril fear will reveal that he is a Muslim?
(a) His food.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His books.
(d) His missing hand.
2. Which of the following is NOT something the soldier threatens to do if he is forced off the bus?
(a) Shoots imaginary machine guns into the air.
(b) Threatens to kill someone.
(c) Light himself on fire.
(d) Curses the passengers.
3. What does the narrator note about the streets outside the apartment?
(a) They are filled with people.
(b) They are empty.
(c) They are wet.
(d) They have oil spots.
4. Which of the following do Selam and the narrator NOT do when they see each other from their apartments?
(a) Smile big.
(b) Talk on the phone.
(c) Mime hugging each other.
(d) Open their mouths wide.
5. Which of the following do the Christian rebels NOT do to the person who is sheltering Jubril?
(a) Threaten to burn his/her house.
(b) Beat the person.
(c) Shoot the person.
(d) Pour gasoline over the person's belongings.
6. Why is the bus unable to leave as scheduled?
(a) The weather is too perilous.
(b) The driver can't be found.
(c) There is engine trouble.
(d) The roads out of the city are blocked.
7. What does Madam Aniema do to the soldier to calm him down?
(a) Sings to him.
(b) Sprinkles holy water on him.
(c) Rubs his hands.
(d) Offers him some food.
8. The narrator's parents no longer want her to play with whom?
9. A man named Emeka takes care of another man who has ___________________.
10. What does the narrator see Selam doing at her apartment one night?
(a) Standing on the balcony.
(b) Drying dishes.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Reading a book.
11. Who says, "Best friends don't quarrel" when Selam begins to cry?
(a) The narrator's father.
(c) The narrator.
12. How many days does the narrator watch Selam's apartment building?
13. The narrator and her best friend vacation with ___________________.
(a) The church group.
(b) The best friend's family.
(c) A neighbor's family.
(d) The narrator's family.
14. What is notable about Jubril's appearance?
(a) He has burn scars on his face.
(b) One leg is shorter than the other.
(c) He has turquoise eyes.
(d) He is missing a hand.
15. The chief orders the passengers on the bus to not mention the word ________________ on the trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the person in #115 yell at Jubril?
2. What does the soldier carry onto the bus?
3. The narrator is happy because __________________________.
4. Why is Jubril uncomfortable around the women on the bus?
5. What does a nosy woman on the bus ask Jubril?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)