|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the things that Jinga does when Maisha leaves?
(a) Tears up his school uniform.
(b) Pulls down the mosquito net.
(c) Breaks his school pencils.
(d) Swallows a bottle of glue.
2. Mama downs a bottle of _______________ which is usually reserved for the children.
(b) Cough syrup.
(c) Orange juice.
3. Kotchikpa realizes that their hut is going to be ___________________________.
(a) Torn down.
(b) The housing center for the trafficked children.
(c) A new school.
(d) A drug den.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Maisha had when she left for work a few days ago?
(a) Freshly applied perm.
(b) Pair of black jeans.
(c) Long artificial fingernails.
(d) Newly bleached skin.
5. With what does Mama spray down the house?
6. How does Maisha make money for the family?
(a) She sews.
(b) She cleans houses.
(c) She is a prostitute.
(d) She works in the fields.
7. How old is Yewa?
8. What does Big Guy promise to give the gravediggers?
(b) A new car.
(c) Fofo's motorcycle.
(d) Gold coins.
9. Where does Fofo Kpee keep the motorcycle?
(a) In a shed.
(b) In the house.
(c) In the garage.
(d) In the drive.
10. What does Naema do to Baby while out begging to keep him dry?
(a) Holds an umbrella over him.
(b) Puts a newspaper over him.
(c) Puts a hoodie on him.
(d) Wraps him in plastic bags.
11. What does Fofo tell Kotchikpa about Mama and Papa?
(a) They no longer want him.
(b) They have moved away.
(c) They are wealthy.
(d) They are bad people.
12. Fofo Kpee tells the children that they have _________________ who want to adopt them.
(a) Church members.
13. Fofo makes the children memorize _____________________.
(a) Fictional stories about themselves.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The alphabet.
(d) Song lyrics.
14. Who arrives unexpectedly one night to say that the children will be leaving within the week?
(c) Big Guy.
(d) Monsieur Abraham.
15. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
(a) Stepping on her foot.
(b) Trying to wish her goodnight.
(c) Playing music too loud.
(d) Looking in her purse.
Short Answer Questions
1. The guard questions the children about ___________________.
2. What currency does Fofo Kpee put in the church collection?
3. What does Naema's boyfriend give her on Christmas?
4. Mama hopes she can sell one of the new puppies to buy ______________________.
5. What has the man in #39 purchased recently?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)