|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Fofo Kpee not allow any windows in the house to be opened?
(a) He doesn't want people to see their luxuries and steal them.
(b) He has really bad allergies.
(c) He prefers to run the air conditioning.
(d) Too much dust comes in from the traffic.
2. Where does Fofo Kpee keep the motorcycle?
(a) In the house.
(b) In the drive.
(c) In a shed.
(d) In the garage.
3. What does Baba use to fan the chemicals out of the house?
(a) A paper plate.
(b) An electric fan.
(c) The door of the shack.
(d) A newspaper.
4. What does Fofo tell Kotchikpa about Mama and Papa?
(a) They are wealthy.
(b) They are bad people.
(c) They no longer want him.
(d) They have moved away.
5. Fofo Kpee tells the children that they have _________________ who want to adopt them.
(a) Church members.
6. What does the guard force the children to drink?
(a) Salt water.
(b) Castor oil.
(c) Unsweetened tea.
(d) Warm milk.
7. Which of the following is NOT something Maisha had when she left for work a few days ago?
(a) Newly bleached skin.
(b) Long artificial fingernails.
(c) Freshly applied perm.
(d) Pair of black jeans.
8. Fofo makes the children memorize _____________________.
(a) The Bible.
(b) The alphabet.
(c) Song lyrics.
(d) Fictional stories about themselves.
9. Kotchikpa realizes that their hut is going to be ___________________________.
(a) Torn down.
(b) The housing center for the trafficked children.
(c) A new school.
(d) A drug den.
10. Why do the children take Baby to town with them?
(a) The store owner gives them candy.
(b) People give more money when Baby is with them.
(c) They want to buy her some ice cream.
(d) They can teach her songs.
11. What does Big Guy promise to give the gravediggers?
(a) Fofo's motorcycle.
(c) A new car.
(d) Gold coins.
12. Even though Kotchikpa no longer wants to travel to Gabon with Mama and Papa, Yewa is still allured by Western food and ___________________.
(a) Theme parks.
13. What new name does Mama give to Kotchikpa?
14. What does Fofo Kpee give the children to calm them down about meeting their adoptive parents?
15. Where do Jigana and his family live?
(a) A slum house.
(b) A ranch house.
(c) A studio apartment.
(d) A townhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maisha keep all her belongings?
2. What does Naema do to Baby while out begging to keep him dry?
3. Kotchikpa is surprised to find that ____________________ has been in on the plot all along.
4. Jigana becomes so drunk on sniffing glue that he ____________________.
5. Fattening for Gabon starts with the line, "Selling your child or nephew could be more difficult than selling ________________________."
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)