|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Fofo Kpee not allow any windows in the house to be opened?
(a) He doesn't want people to see their luxuries and steal them.
(b) He prefers to run the air conditioning.
(c) He has really bad allergies.
(d) Too much dust comes in from the traffic.
2. Which of the following is NOT something Maisha had when she left for work a few days ago?
(a) Pair of black jeans.
(b) Newly bleached skin.
(c) Freshly applied perm.
(d) Long artificial fingernails.
3. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
(a) Stepping on her foot.
(b) Trying to wish her goodnight.
(c) Looking in her purse.
(d) Playing music too loud.
4. What does Naema's boyfriend give her on Christmas?
(a) A gift card.
(b) A locket.
(c) A cooked chicken leg.
(d) A scarf.
5. Fattening for Gabon starts with the line, "Selling your child or nephew could be more difficult than selling ________________________."
(b) Other kids.
(c) Sea shells.
(d) A car.
6. What does Fofo tell Kotchikpa about Mama and Papa?
(a) They no longer want him.
(b) They are bad people.
(c) They are wealthy.
(d) They have moved away.
7. Who is Naema?
(a) Jigana's sister.
(b) Jigana's aunt.
(c) Jigana's mother.
(d) Jigana's godmother.
8. What does Naema do to Baby while out begging to keep him dry?
(a) Holds an umbrella over him.
(b) Puts a newspaper over him.
(c) Puts a hoodie on him.
(d) Wraps him in plastic bags.
9. Fofo Kpee tells the children that they have _________________ who want to adopt them.
(a) Church members.
10. With what does Mama spray down the house?
11. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Shave ice.
(d) Nuts and fruit juice.
12. In what country does the story take place?
13. What does Mama suggest giving the neighbors for Christmas?
(a) A liter of petrol.
(b) A fruitcake.
14. How old is Kotchikpa?
15. What does the guard tell the children?
(a) They are going back to school.
(b) They are going away to military school.
(c) They are to be sold.
(d) They will never leave the house again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baba help Maisha load into a taxi?
2. Which is NOT one of the things that Jinga does when Maisha leaves?
3. What does Jinga do when Maisha leaves?
4. Where does Fofo Kpee keep the motorcycle?
5. How old is Yewa?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)