|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Kotchikpa no longer wants to travel to Gabon with Mama and Papa, Yewa is still allured by Western food and ___________________.
(c) Theme parks.
2. Which sibling of Maisha's is the only one she will allow to hang out on the street with her?
3. How old is Yewa?
4. How old are Otieno and Atieno?
5. What is a tout?
(a) A thief.
(b) A chef.
(c) A solicitor.
(d) A politician.
6. What does Jigana want to do to Maisha's clients?
(a) Fight them.
(b) Stab them.
(c) Strangle them.
(d) Shoot them.
7. Mama and Papa bring new siblings named _________________________.
(a) Angelina and Frank.
(b) Michael and Melanie.
(c) Antoinette and Paul.
(d) Elaine and Andrew.
8. Who is a tout in the story?
(a) Falafel Gabon.
(b) Femir Dput.
(c) Farah Ngee.
(d) Fofo Kpee.
9. What does Baba use to fan the chemicals out of the house?
(a) A paper plate.
(b) An electric fan.
(c) The door of the shack.
(d) A newspaper.
10. Which of the following is NOT something Maisha had when she left for work a few days ago?
(a) Freshly applied perm.
(b) Newly bleached skin.
(c) Long artificial fingernails.
(d) Pair of black jeans.
11. What does the guard force the children to drink?
(a) Salt water.
(b) Warm milk.
(c) Unsweetened tea.
(d) Castor oil.
12. Jigana becomes so drunk on sniffing glue that he ____________________.
(a) Goes into a coma.
(c) Passes out.
13. What new name does Mama give to Yewa?
14. Kotchikpa overhears Fofo saying that he will travel to Braffe soon to collect ____________________.
(a) The other children.
(b) His new car.
(c) The furniture.
(d) His lottery winnings.
15. What does Baba do to the taxi driver?
(a) Begs for money.
(b) Hits him on the head.
(c) Takes his money.
(d) Spills wine on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maisha make money for the family?
2. What does Fofo do one night that frightens the children?
3. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
4. What does Jigana think he should have done to help support the family?
5. What does the guard force the children to do?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)