|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jigana and his family live?
(a) A studio apartment.
(b) A townhouse.
(c) A slum house.
(d) A ranch house.
2. What does Naema's boyfriend give her on Christmas?
(a) A locket.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A gift card.
(d) A cooked chicken leg.
3. What does Mama do on Christmas morning to celebrate the day?
(a) Reads the names of ancestors written in the Bible.
(b) Makes pancakes and tea.
(c) Goes to church.
(d) Sings Christmas carols.
4. How old is Yewa?
5. When Maisha says she wants to get a full-time job, Jigana knows she is thinking about _________________________.
(a) Getting some education.
(b) Serving cocktails.
(c) Waiting tables.
(d) Joining a brothel.
6. What do the twins drink until they get sick?
(b) Hot cocoa.
7. Why do the children take Baby to town with them?
(a) They can teach her songs.
(b) The store owner gives them candy.
(c) They want to buy her some ice cream.
(d) People give more money when Baby is with them.
8. In what country does the story take place?
9. What does Jigana want to do to Maisha's clients?
(a) Stab them.
(b) Strangle them.
(c) Fight them.
(d) Shoot them.
10. How old is Maisha?
11. Jigana becomes so drunk on sniffing glue that he ____________________.
(b) Goes into a coma.
(c) Passes out.
12. What currency does Fofo Kpee put in the church collection?
(a) D20 bill.
(b) S500 bill.
(c) N100 bill.
(d) G20 bill.
13. Mama downs a bottle of _______________ which is usually reserved for the children.
(c) Orange juice.
(d) Cough syrup.
14. What new name does Mama give to Kotchikpa?
15. Why does Yewa not want to go to school?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She doesn't like her teacher.
(c) She doesn't like to get up early.
(d) She doesn't want to leave the motorcycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fofo Kpee give the children to calm them down about meeting their adoptive parents?
2. What does Jinga do when Maisha leaves?
3. Who is a tout in the story?
4. How old are Otieno and Atieno?
5. What is notable about the man in #39?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)