|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Kotchikpa?
2. Who does Mama allow to sleep under the mosquito net?
3. Kotchikpa is surprised to find that ____________________ has been in on the plot all along.
(a) Monsieur Abraham.
(b) Big Guy.
4. Why will Fofo Kpee not allow any windows in the house to be opened?
(a) He has really bad allergies.
(b) He doesn't want people to see their luxuries and steal them.
(c) Too much dust comes in from the traffic.
(d) He prefers to run the air conditioning.
5. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
(a) The parents have AIDS.
(b) They are at boarding school.
(c) The parents are traveling abroad.
(d) The children are in foster care.
6. What does Mama do on Christmas morning to celebrate the day?
(a) Makes pancakes and tea.
(b) Sings Christmas carols.
(c) Goes to church.
(d) Reads the names of ancestors written in the Bible.
7. Where does Fofo Kpee take the children on their first ride on the motorcycle?
(a) The mall.
(c) The beach.
(d) The ice cream shop.
8. What new name does Mama give to Yewa?
9. Who is a tout in the story?
(a) Femir Dput.
(b) Fofo Kpee.
(c) Farah Ngee.
(d) Falafel Gabon.
10. Who is Naema?
(a) Jigana's aunt.
(b) Jigana's godmother.
(c) Jigana's mother.
(d) Jigana's sister.
11. Fattening for Gabon starts with the line, "Selling your child or nephew could be more difficult than selling ________________________."
(b) Sea shells.
(c) A car.
(d) Other kids.
12. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
13. What does the guard force the children to do?
(a) Stay in their beds all day.
(b) Study 12 hours a day.
(c) Clean the house.
(d) Eat to fatten them up.
14. What does Naema do to Baby while out begging to keep him dry?
(a) Wraps him in plastic bags.
(b) Holds an umbrella over him.
(c) Puts a newspaper over him.
(d) Puts a hoodie on him.
15. Even though Kotchikpa no longer wants to travel to Gabon with Mama and Papa, Yewa is still allured by Western food and ___________________.
(b) Theme parks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives unexpectedly one night to say that the children will be leaving within the week?
2. How does Maisha arrive home the next morning?
3. What does Baba help Maisha load into a taxi?
4. Where does Maisha keep all her belongings?
5. Who is outraged that he/she overslept on Christmas and lost the chance to beg from white tourists?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)