|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Naema?
(a) Jigana's godmother.
(b) Jigana's mother.
(c) Jigana's sister.
(d) Jigana's aunt.
2. Which of the following does Mama NOT do when Maisha smiles at her?
(a) Kisses her hand.
(c) Falls to her knees.
(d) Slaps her.
3. What new name does Mama give to Kotchikpa?
4. What is a tout?
(a) A chef.
(b) A solicitor.
(c) A thief.
(d) A politician.
5. Fofo Kpee tells the children that they have _________________ who want to adopt them.
(b) Church members.
6. Why does the person in #61 begin to shake Fofo and yell at him?
(a) Fofo does not want to go through with the deal.
(b) Fofo has sold the motorcycle.
(c) Fofo has let the children get away.
(d) Fofo has gambled all the money away.
7. Fattening for Gabon starts with the line, "Selling your child or nephew could be more difficult than selling ________________________."
(a) Sea shells.
(b) Other kids.
(c) A car.
8. What does Jinga do when Maisha leaves?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Cleans the house.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Gets a job.
9. Fofo makes the children memorize _____________________.
(a) The Bible.
(b) The alphabet.
(c) Fictional stories about themselves.
(d) Song lyrics.
10. The guard questions the children about ___________________.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) Their schooling.
(d) Their new background stories.
11. Mama thanks Maisha for _________________.
(a) Paying their debt.
(b) Washing the dishes.
(c) Buying her shoes.
(d) Cooking breakfast.
12. How old are Otieno and Atieno?
13. Where do Jigana and his family live?
(a) A slum house.
(b) A studio apartment.
(c) A ranch house.
(d) A townhouse.
14. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children?
(a) Shave ice.
(b) Ice cream.
(c) Nuts and fruit juice.
15. Fofo Kpee tells the congregation that his new riches come from ______________________.
(a) A lottery win.
(b) A new job.
(c) The childrens' parents.
(d) A lawsuit settlement.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Maisha?
2. What do the twins drink until they get sick?
3. What does the guard force the children to do?
4. What is notable about the man in #39?
5. Kotchikpa is surprised to find that ____________________ has been in on the plot all along.
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)