|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
(a) The children are in foster care.
(b) The parents are traveling abroad.
(c) They are at boarding school.
(d) The parents have AIDS.
2. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
3. Where does Maisha keep all her belongings?
(a) A closet.
(b) A storage room.
(c) A wooden box.
(d) A cellar.
4. What does Mama suggest giving the neighbors for Christmas?
(a) A fruitcake.
(d) A liter of petrol.
5. What does Jinga do when Maisha leaves?
(a) Gets a job.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Cleans the house.
6. Who is outraged that he/she overslept on Christmas and lost the chance to beg from white tourists?
(b) The father.
(c) The mother.
7. How old is Kotchikpa?
8. How old is Maisha?
9. Where does Fofo Kpee take the children on their first ride on the motorcycle?
(a) The beach.
(b) The mall.
(d) The ice cream shop.
10. Where are the children kept after the motorcycle accident?
(a) A hospital room.
(b) Their bedroom.
(c) The church basement.
(d) A clinic.
11. How old is Jigana?
12. Jigana becomes so drunk on sniffing glue that he ____________________.
(b) Goes into a coma.
(c) Passes out.
13. What new name does Mama give to Yewa?
14. What is a tout?
(a) A solicitor.
(b) A politician.
(c) A chef.
(d) A thief.
15. What does Jigana want to do to Maisha's clients?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Stab them.
(c) Strangle them.
(d) Fight them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the guard tell the children?
2. What does Mama do on Christmas morning to celebrate the day?
3. Which of the following does Mama NOT do when Maisha smiles at her?
4. Kotchikpa is surprised to find that ____________________ has been in on the plot all along.
5. Fofo makes the children memorize _____________________.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)