|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children?
(a) Shave ice.
(b) Nuts and fruit juice.
(c) Ice cream.
2. Where does Fofo Kpee take the children on their first ride on the motorcycle?
(a) The mall.
(b) The beach.
(c) The ice cream shop.
3. Where does Fofo Kpee keep the motorcycle?
(a) In the garage.
(b) In the drive.
(c) In the house.
(d) In a shed.
4. Why does the person in #61 begin to shake Fofo and yell at him?
(a) Fofo has sold the motorcycle.
(b) Fofo does not want to go through with the deal.
(c) Fofo has gambled all the money away.
(d) Fofo has let the children get away.
5. Kotchikpa overhears Fofo saying that he will travel to Braffe soon to collect ____________________.
(a) His lottery winnings.
(b) The other children.
(c) His new car.
(d) The furniture.
6. What does Fofo do one night that frightens the children?
(a) He masturbates near their beds.
(b) Cuts his arms with a knife.
(c) Ties them to their beds.
(d) Sets the house on fire.
7. What does Jinga do when Maisha leaves?
(a) Cleans the house.
(b) Gets a job.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Runs away.
8. What does Naema's boyfriend give her on Christmas?
(a) A gift card.
(b) A cooked chicken leg.
(c) A locket.
(d) A scarf.
9. What does Naema do to Baby while out begging to keep him dry?
(a) Wraps him in plastic bags.
(b) Puts a hoodie on him.
(c) Puts a newspaper over him.
(d) Holds an umbrella over him.
10. Why does Yewa not want to go to school?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She doesn't want to leave the motorcycle.
(c) She doesn't like to get up early.
(d) She doesn't like her teacher.
11. What does Jigana think he should have done to help support the family?
(a) Worked at McDonald's.
(b) Delivered newspapers.
(c) Worked at the hatchery.
(d) Joined a street gang.
12. When Maisha says she wants to get a full-time job, Jigana knows she is thinking about _________________________.
(a) Waiting tables.
(b) Serving cocktails.
(c) Getting some education.
(d) Joining a brothel.
13. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
(a) The children are in foster care.
(b) The parents have AIDS.
(c) The parents are traveling abroad.
(d) They are at boarding school.
14. Fofo makes the children memorize _____________________.
(a) The alphabet.
(b) Fictional stories about themselves.
(c) Song lyrics.
(d) The Bible.
15. Who is Naema?
(a) Jigana's mother.
(b) Jigana's sister.
(c) Jigana's aunt.
(d) Jigana's godmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama do on Christmas morning to celebrate the day?
2. Kotchikpa realizes that their hut is going to be ___________________________.
3. What does Fofo tell Kotchikpa about Mama and Papa?
4. Why will Fofo Kpee not allow any windows in the house to be opened?
5. Where does Maisha keep all her belongings?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)