|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jigana think he should have done to help support the family?
(a) Delivered newspapers.
(b) Worked at the hatchery.
(c) Joined a street gang.
(d) Worked at McDonald's.
2. What do the family members do when they eat the food that Maisha has brought home?
(a) Vomit and eat some more.
(b) Stretch out on the floor.
(c) Invite neighbors in.
(d) Go to sleep.
3. What new name does Mama give to Kotchikpa?
4. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
5. What is notable about the man in #39?
(a) He has white hair.
(b) He has a scar on his face.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is crippled.
6. How old is Jigana?
7. What does the guard tell the children?
(a) They are going back to school.
(b) They are going away to military school.
(c) They will never leave the house again.
(d) They are to be sold.
8. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
(a) They are at boarding school.
(b) The parents have AIDS.
(c) The children are in foster care.
(d) The parents are traveling abroad.
9. What does Mama suggest giving the neighbors for Christmas?
(b) A fruitcake.
(d) A liter of petrol.
10. Where are the children kept after the motorcycle accident?
(a) A clinic.
(b) The church basement.
(c) A hospital room.
(d) Their bedroom.
11. What does Fofo tell Kotchikpa about Mama and Papa?
(a) They are wealthy.
(b) They no longer want him.
(c) They are bad people.
(d) They have moved away.
12. What does the guard force the children to drink?
(a) Salt water.
(b) Warm milk.
(c) Unsweetened tea.
(d) Castor oil.
13. Who is a tout in the story?
(a) Fofo Kpee.
(b) Farah Ngee.
(c) Falafel Gabon.
(d) Femir Dput.
14. Where does Fofo Kpee take the children on their first ride on the motorcycle?
(a) The ice cream shop.
(b) The mall.
(c) The beach.
15. Fofo makes the children memorize _____________________.
(a) The Bible.
(b) The alphabet.
(c) Fictional stories about themselves.
(d) Song lyrics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
2. What does Big Guy promise to give the gravediggers?
3. Mama and Papa bring new siblings named _________________________.
4. What does Fofo do one night that frightens the children?
5. Mama thanks Maisha for _________________.
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)