|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are Otieno and Atieno?
2. When Maisha says she wants to get a full-time job, Jigana knows she is thinking about _________________________.
(a) Getting some education.
(b) Serving cocktails.
(c) Waiting tables.
(d) Joining a brothel.
3. What does Naema do to Baby while out begging to keep him dry?
(a) Holds an umbrella over him.
(b) Puts a hoodie on him.
(c) Puts a newspaper over him.
(d) Wraps him in plastic bags.
4. Why will Fofo Kpee not allow any windows in the house to be opened?
(a) He prefers to run the air conditioning.
(b) He has really bad allergies.
(c) He doesn't want people to see their luxuries and steal them.
(d) Too much dust comes in from the traffic.
5. What does Mama suggest giving the neighbors for Christmas?
(a) A liter of petrol.
(c) A fruitcake.
6. The guard questions the children about ___________________.
(b) Their schooling.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) Their new background stories.
7. Fofo makes the children memorize _____________________.
(a) Song lyrics.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The alphabet.
(d) Fictional stories about themselves.
8. What has the man in #39 purchased recently?
(a) A house.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A car.
(d) A boat.
9. What does the guard force the children to drink?
(a) Castor oil.
(b) Unsweetened tea.
(c) Warm milk.
(d) Salt water.
10. Where do Jigana and his family live?
(a) A studio apartment.
(b) A ranch house.
(c) A townhouse.
(d) A slum house.
11. What does Mama do on Christmas morning to celebrate the day?
(a) Makes pancakes and tea.
(b) Reads the names of ancestors written in the Bible.
(c) Goes to church.
(d) Sings Christmas carols.
12. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
(a) The parents are traveling abroad.
(b) The parents have AIDS.
(c) They are at boarding school.
(d) The children are in foster care.
13. Kotchikpa overhears Fofo saying that he will travel to Braffe soon to collect ____________________.
(a) The other children.
(b) His new car.
(c) The furniture.
(d) His lottery winnings.
14. What does Jigana want to do to Maisha's clients?
(a) Strangle them.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Stab them.
(d) Fight them.
15. Fofo Kpee tells the children that they have _________________ who want to adopt them.
(a) Church members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new name does Mama give to Yewa?
2. Mama downs a bottle of _______________ which is usually reserved for the children.
3. Which is NOT one of the things that Jinga does when Maisha leaves?
4. What does Jigana think he should have done to help support the family?
5. Fofo Kpee tells the congregation that his new riches come from ______________________.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)