|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mama allow to sleep under the mosquito net?
2. Who is outraged that he/she overslept on Christmas and lost the chance to beg from white tourists?
(c) The father.
(d) The mother.
3. Fattening for Gabon starts with the line, "Selling your child or nephew could be more difficult than selling ________________________."
(a) A car.
(c) Other kids.
(d) Sea shells.
4. What does Jigana want to do to Maisha's clients?
(a) Strangle them.
(b) Shoot them.
(c) Fight them.
(d) Stab them.
5. With what does Mama spray down the house?
6. What do the family members do when they eat the food that Maisha has brought home?
(a) Invite neighbors in.
(b) Vomit and eat some more.
(c) Stretch out on the floor.
(d) Go to sleep.
7. How old is Yewa?
8. What does Baba do to the taxi driver?
(a) Begs for money.
(b) Spills wine on him.
(c) Takes his money.
(d) Hits him on the head.
9. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Shave ice.
(d) Nuts and fruit juice.
10. What does Mama do for her children when they are hungry on Christmas morning?
(a) Makes oatmeal.
(b) Takes them out for breakfast.
(c) Gives them toast.
(d) Gives them glue to sniff.
11. What does the guard force the children to do?
(a) Study 12 hours a day.
(b) Clean the house.
(c) Eat to fatten them up.
(d) Stay in their beds all day.
12. How does Maisha make money for the family?
(a) She sews.
(b) She cleans houses.
(c) She works in the fields.
(d) She is a prostitute.
13. Where does Fofo Kpee keep the motorcycle?
(a) In the garage.
(b) In a shed.
(c) In the house.
(d) In the drive.
14. Where are the children kept after the motorcycle accident?
(a) A clinic.
(b) Their bedroom.
(c) A hospital room.
(d) The church basement.
15. Kotchikpa realizes that their hut is going to be ___________________________.
(a) A new school.
(b) Torn down.
(c) A drug den.
(d) The housing center for the trafficked children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jinga do when Maisha leaves?
2. Which is NOT one of the things that Jinga does when Maisha leaves?
3. What does the guard force the children to drink?
4. Jigana becomes so drunk on sniffing glue that he ____________________.
5. What currency does Fofo Kpee put in the church collection?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)