|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jigana becomes so drunk on sniffing glue that he ____________________.
(a) Passes out.
(d) Goes into a coma.
2. Fofo Kpee tells the congregation that his new riches come from ______________________.
(a) A lottery win.
(b) A lawsuit settlement.
(c) The childrens' parents.
(d) A new job.
3. What does Mama do on Christmas morning to celebrate the day?
(a) Makes pancakes and tea.
(b) Reads the names of ancestors written in the Bible.
(c) Sings Christmas carols.
(d) Goes to church.
4. What does Jigana want to do to Maisha's clients?
(a) Shoot them.
(b) Fight them.
(c) Stab them.
(d) Strangle them.
5. Fattening for Gabon starts with the line, "Selling your child or nephew could be more difficult than selling ________________________."
(a) Sea shells.
(c) A car.
(d) Other kids.
6. Where does Fofo Kpee keep the motorcycle?
(a) In the house.
(b) In a shed.
(c) In the drive.
(d) In the garage.
7. What does Fofo Kpee give the children to calm them down about meeting their adoptive parents?
8. Which is NOT one of the things that Jinga does when Maisha leaves?
(a) Breaks his school pencils.
(b) Swallows a bottle of glue.
(c) Pulls down the mosquito net.
(d) Tears up his school uniform.
9. Mama and Papa bring new siblings named _________________________.
(a) Michael and Melanie.
(b) Elaine and Andrew.
(c) Angelina and Frank.
(d) Antoinette and Paul.
10. What does the guard force the children to drink?
(a) Unsweetened tea.
(b) Salt water.
(c) Castor oil.
(d) Warm milk.
11. In what country does the story take place?
12. What new name does Mama give to Kotchikpa?
13. How old is Kotchikpa?
14. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
(a) Looking in her purse.
(b) Stepping on her foot.
(c) Playing music too loud.
(d) Trying to wish her goodnight.
15. How old is Yewa?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama suggest giving the neighbors for Christmas?
2. How old is Jigana?
3. Where are the children kept after the motorcycle accident?
4. How does Maisha make money for the family?
5. What does the guard tell the children?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)