|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maisha says she wants to get a full-time job, Jigana knows she is thinking about _________________________.
(a) Waiting tables.
(b) Joining a brothel.
(c) Getting some education.
(d) Serving cocktails.
2. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
(a) Stepping on her foot.
(b) Looking in her purse.
(c) Playing music too loud.
(d) Trying to wish her goodnight.
3. How does Maisha arrive home the next morning?
(a) A bike.
(b) An old taxi.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A Jaguar.
4. Where does Fofo Kpee take the children on their first ride on the motorcycle?
(a) The mall.
(c) The ice cream shop.
(d) The beach.
5. How old is Maisha?
6. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
(a) The children are in foster care.
(b) The parents have AIDS.
(c) They are at boarding school.
(d) The parents are traveling abroad.
7. What does Naema's boyfriend give her on Christmas?
(a) A gift card.
(b) A locket.
(c) A cooked chicken leg.
(d) A scarf.
8. What does Mama suggest giving the neighbors for Christmas?
(a) A liter of petrol.
(d) A fruitcake.
9. Fattening for Gabon starts with the line, "Selling your child or nephew could be more difficult than selling ________________________."
(a) Other kids.
(b) A car.
(d) Sea shells.
10. What new name does Mama give to Yewa?
11. What does Fofo Kpee give the children to calm them down about meeting their adoptive parents?
12. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children?
(b) Nuts and fruit juice.
(c) Shave ice.
(d) Ice cream.
13. What do the twins drink until they get sick?
(a) Hot cocoa.
14. Why does the person in #61 begin to shake Fofo and yell at him?
(a) Fofo has let the children get away.
(b) Fofo has gambled all the money away.
(c) Fofo has sold the motorcycle.
(d) Fofo does not want to go through with the deal.
15. Who is a tout in the story?
(a) Falafel Gabon.
(b) Fofo Kpee.
(c) Farah Ngee.
(d) Femir Dput.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baba do to the taxi driver?
2. What does Naema do to Baby while out begging to keep him dry?
3. Kotchikpa is surprised to find that ____________________ has been in on the plot all along.
4. Where does Maisha keep all her belongings?
5. In what country does the story take place?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)