|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yewa not want to go to school?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She doesn't want to leave the motorcycle.
(c) She doesn't like to get up early.
(d) She doesn't like her teacher.
2. What do the twins drink until they get sick?
(c) Hot cocoa.
3. How does Maisha make money for the family?
(a) She works in the fields.
(b) She cleans houses.
(c) She is a prostitute.
(d) She sews.
4. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
(a) The parents are traveling abroad.
(b) The parents have AIDS.
(c) The children are in foster care.
(d) They are at boarding school.
5. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children?
(b) Shave ice.
(c) Nuts and fruit juice.
(d) Ice cream.
6. What new name does Mama give to Kotchikpa?
7. What new name does Mama give to Yewa?
8. Who is Naema?
(a) Jigana's mother.
(b) Jigana's aunt.
(c) Jigana's sister.
(d) Jigana's godmother.
9. What does the guard force the children to do?
(a) Eat to fatten them up.
(b) Clean the house.
(c) Study 12 hours a day.
(d) Stay in their beds all day.
10. Jigana becomes so drunk on sniffing glue that he ____________________.
(b) Goes into a coma.
(d) Passes out.
11. The guard questions the children about ___________________.
(b) Their schooling.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) Their new background stories.
12. What does Baba use to fan the chemicals out of the house?
(a) The door of the shack.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) An electric fan.
(d) A paper plate.
13. Where does Fofo Kpee take the children on their first ride on the motorcycle?
(a) The mall.
(b) The beach.
(c) The ice cream shop.
14. What does Mama do for her children when they are hungry on Christmas morning?
(a) Takes them out for breakfast.
(b) Makes oatmeal.
(c) Gives them glue to sniff.
(d) Gives them toast.
15. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
(a) Stepping on her foot.
(b) Looking in her purse.
(c) Playing music too loud.
(d) Trying to wish her goodnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the man in #39 purchased recently?
2. Who does Mama allow to sleep under the mosquito net?
3. Why does the person in #61 begin to shake Fofo and yell at him?
4. Where does Fofo Kpee keep the motorcycle?
5. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)