|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new name does Mama give to Kotchikpa?
2. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
(a) They are at boarding school.
(b) The parents are traveling abroad.
(c) The children are in foster care.
(d) The parents have AIDS.
3. The guard questions the children about ___________________.
(a) Their schooling.
(b) Their new background stories.
(c) The neighbors.
4. What currency does Fofo Kpee put in the church collection?
(a) S500 bill.
(b) D20 bill.
(c) G20 bill.
(d) N100 bill.
5. What does the guard tell the children?
(a) They are to be sold.
(b) They are going away to military school.
(c) They are going back to school.
(d) They will never leave the house again.
6. When Maisha says she wants to get a full-time job, Jigana knows she is thinking about _________________________.
(a) Joining a brothel.
(b) Getting some education.
(c) Serving cocktails.
(d) Waiting tables.
7. Which of the following does Mama NOT do when Maisha smiles at her?
(b) Falls to her knees.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Kisses her hand.
8. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
(a) Looking in her purse.
(b) Trying to wish her goodnight.
(c) Playing music too loud.
(d) Stepping on her foot.
9. Fofo Kpee tells the children that they have _________________ who want to adopt them.
(c) Church members.
10. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children?
(b) Shave ice.
(c) Nuts and fruit juice.
(d) Ice cream.
11. What do the twins drink until they get sick?
(b) Hot cocoa.
12. Why does the person in #61 begin to shake Fofo and yell at him?
(a) Fofo has sold the motorcycle.
(b) Fofo has let the children get away.
(c) Fofo has gambled all the money away.
(d) Fofo does not want to go through with the deal.
13. Jigana becomes so drunk on sniffing glue that he ____________________.
(a) Passes out.
(d) Goes into a coma.
14. Who is a tout in the story?
(a) Femir Dput.
(b) Fofo Kpee.
(c) Falafel Gabon.
(d) Farah Ngee.
15. Fattening for Gabon starts with the line, "Selling your child or nephew could be more difficult than selling ________________________."
(a) A car.
(b) Other kids.
(d) Sea shells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Kotchikpa no longer wants to travel to Gabon with Mama and Papa, Yewa is still allured by Western food and ___________________.
2. What does Baba do to the taxi driver?
3. Where does Maisha keep all her belongings?
4. How old is Yewa?
5. Where does Fofo Kpee take the children on their first ride on the motorcycle?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)