|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the man in #39 purchased recently?
(a) A house.
(b) A car.
(c) A boat.
(d) A motorcycle.
2. Jigana becomes so drunk on sniffing glue that he ____________________.
(b) Goes into a coma.
(c) Passes out.
3. How does Maisha arrive home the next morning?
(a) A Jaguar.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) An old taxi.
(d) A bike.
4. What does the guard force the children to do?
(a) Study 12 hours a day.
(b) Eat to fatten them up.
(c) Stay in their beds all day.
(d) Clean the house.
5. Fattening for Gabon starts with the line, "Selling your child or nephew could be more difficult than selling ________________________."
(a) A car.
(b) Other kids.
(d) Sea shells.
6. Kotchikpa overhears Fofo saying that he will travel to Braffe soon to collect ____________________.
(a) The furniture.
(b) His lottery winnings.
(c) The other children.
(d) His new car.
7. With what does Mama spray down the house?
8. What is a tout?
(a) A thief.
(b) A chef.
(c) A solicitor.
(d) A politician.
9. Who arrives unexpectedly one night to say that the children will be leaving within the week?
(b) Big Guy.
(d) Monsieur Abraham.
10. What is notable about the man in #39?
(a) He has white hair.
(b) He is crippled.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He has a scar on his face.
11. When Maisha says she wants to get a full-time job, Jigana knows she is thinking about _________________________.
(a) Getting some education.
(b) Joining a brothel.
(c) Waiting tables.
(d) Serving cocktails.
12. How old is Yewa?
13. Fofo makes the children memorize _____________________.
(a) The alphabet.
(b) Song lyrics.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Fictional stories about themselves.
14. What new name does Mama give to Yewa?
15. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Maisha had when she left for work a few days ago?
2. Who does Mama allow to sleep under the mosquito net?
3. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children?
4. What does Mama suggest giving the neighbors for Christmas?
5. What does Mama do on Christmas morning to celebrate the day?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)