|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do on Christmas morning to celebrate the day?
(a) Makes pancakes and tea.
(b) Goes to church.
(c) Reads the names of ancestors written in the Bible.
(d) Sings Christmas carols.
2. What does Naema do to Baby while out begging to keep him dry?
(a) Puts a newspaper over him.
(b) Puts a hoodie on him.
(c) Wraps him in plastic bags.
(d) Holds an umbrella over him.
3. How old is Yewa?
4. Who arrives unexpectedly one night to say that the children will be leaving within the week?
(a) Big Guy.
(d) Monsieur Abraham.
5. What does Fofo Kpee give the children to calm them down about meeting their adoptive parents?
6. Who is outraged that he/she overslept on Christmas and lost the chance to beg from white tourists?
(c) The father.
(d) The mother.
7. What does Fofo do one night that frightens the children?
(a) He masturbates near their beds.
(b) Sets the house on fire.
(c) Ties them to their beds.
(d) Cuts his arms with a knife.
8. How does Maisha make money for the family?
(a) She is a prostitute.
(b) She sews.
(c) She works in the fields.
(d) She cleans houses.
9. What does the guard tell the children?
(a) They are going back to school.
(b) They are going away to military school.
(c) They are to be sold.
(d) They will never leave the house again.
10. Who is a tout in the story?
(a) Fofo Kpee.
(b) Farah Ngee.
(c) Falafel Gabon.
(d) Femir Dput.
11. When Maisha says she wants to get a full-time job, Jigana knows she is thinking about _________________________.
(a) Waiting tables.
(b) Getting some education.
(c) Serving cocktails.
(d) Joining a brothel.
12. What does Naema's boyfriend give her on Christmas?
(a) A locket.
(b) A gift card.
(c) A cooked chicken leg.
(d) A scarf.
13. What does Baba do to the taxi driver?
(a) Spills wine on him.
(b) Takes his money.
(c) Begs for money.
(d) Hits him on the head.
14. Why do the children take Baby to town with them?
(a) The store owner gives them candy.
(b) People give more money when Baby is with them.
(c) They want to buy her some ice cream.
(d) They can teach her songs.
15. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maisha arrive home the next morning?
2. Where are the children kept after the motorcycle accident?
3. What does Fofo tell Kotchikpa about Mama and Papa?
4. With what does Mama spray down the house?
5. How old is Kotchikpa?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)