|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children?
(a) Ice cream.
(b) Nuts and fruit juice.
(d) Shave ice.
2. How old is Kotchikpa?
3. Who is outraged that he/she overslept on Christmas and lost the chance to beg from white tourists?
(a) The father.
(d) The mother.
4. Why does the person in #61 begin to shake Fofo and yell at him?
(a) Fofo does not want to go through with the deal.
(b) Fofo has let the children get away.
(c) Fofo has sold the motorcycle.
(d) Fofo has gambled all the money away.
5. Which of the following does Mama NOT do when Maisha smiles at her?
(b) Falls to her knees.
(c) Kisses her hand.
(d) Slaps her.
6. Why do the children take Baby to town with them?
(a) They want to buy her some ice cream.
(b) People give more money when Baby is with them.
(c) The store owner gives them candy.
(d) They can teach her songs.
7. What does Mama do for her children when they are hungry on Christmas morning?
(a) Takes them out for breakfast.
(b) Gives them toast.
(c) Makes oatmeal.
(d) Gives them glue to sniff.
8. How does Maisha make money for the family?
(a) She is a prostitute.
(b) She works in the fields.
(c) She sews.
(d) She cleans houses.
9. Which sibling of Maisha's is the only one she will allow to hang out on the street with her?
10. What does Baba do to the taxi driver?
(a) Hits him on the head.
(b) Begs for money.
(c) Takes his money.
(d) Spills wine on him.
11. What does Naema's boyfriend give her on Christmas?
(a) A locket.
(b) A gift card.
(c) A cooked chicken leg.
(d) A scarf.
12. What does the guard force the children to drink?
(a) Salt water.
(b) Unsweetened tea.
(c) Warm milk.
(d) Castor oil.
13. What does the guard force the children to do?
(a) Stay in their beds all day.
(b) Eat to fatten them up.
(c) Clean the house.
(d) Study 12 hours a day.
14. How old is Yewa?
15. Where does Maisha keep all her belongings?
(a) A storage room.
(b) A closet.
(c) A wooden box.
(d) A cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
2. With what does Mama spray down the house?
3. What does Jinga do when Maisha leaves?
4. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Maisha had when she left for work a few days ago?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)