|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new name does Mama give to Yewa?
2. Who arrives unexpectedly one night to say that the children will be leaving within the week?
(c) Monsieur Abraham.
(d) Big Guy.
3. Why does Yewa not want to go to school?
(a) She doesn't like to get up early.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She doesn't like her teacher.
(d) She doesn't want to leave the motorcycle.
4. What does Naema's boyfriend give her on Christmas?
(a) A gift card.
(b) A cooked chicken leg.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A locket.
5. Which of the following does Mama NOT do when Maisha smiles at her?
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Kisses her hand.
(d) Falls to her knees.
6. The guard questions the children about ___________________.
(a) The neighbors.
(b) Their schooling.
(c) Their new background stories.
7. Which is NOT one of the things that Jinga does when Maisha leaves?
(a) Swallows a bottle of glue.
(b) Tears up his school uniform.
(c) Breaks his school pencils.
(d) Pulls down the mosquito net.
8. Which sibling of Maisha's is the only one she will allow to hang out on the street with her?
9. What does Naema do to Baby while out begging to keep him dry?
(a) Puts a hoodie on him.
(b) Holds an umbrella over him.
(c) Puts a newspaper over him.
(d) Wraps him in plastic bags.
10. In what country does the story take place?
11. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
(a) They are at boarding school.
(b) The parents are traveling abroad.
(c) The parents have AIDS.
(d) The children are in foster care.
12. Where do Jigana and his family live?
(a) A townhouse.
(b) A ranch house.
(c) A slum house.
(d) A studio apartment.
13. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
(a) Trying to wish her goodnight.
(b) Playing music too loud.
(c) Stepping on her foot.
(d) Looking in her purse.
14. What does Fofo Kpee give the children to calm them down about meeting their adoptive parents?
15. What is a tout?
(a) A solicitor.
(b) A politician.
(c) A thief.
(d) A chef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baba do to the taxi driver?
2. Where are the children kept after the motorcycle accident?
3. Kotchikpa realizes that their hut is going to be ___________________________.
4. How old is Maisha?
5. Fofo Kpee tells the children that they have _________________ who want to adopt them.
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)