|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Maisha had when she left for work a few days ago?
(a) Newly bleached skin.
(b) Pair of black jeans.
(c) Long artificial fingernails.
(d) Freshly applied perm.
2. Kotchikpa is surprised to find that ____________________ has been in on the plot all along.
(a) Monsieur Abraham.
(c) Big Guy.
3. What does Baba do to the taxi driver?
(a) Spills wine on him.
(b) Hits him on the head.
(c) Takes his money.
(d) Begs for money.
4. What does Big Guy promise to give the gravediggers?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) A new car.
(c) Fofo's motorcycle.
5. What does Fofo do one night that frightens the children?
(a) Cuts his arms with a knife.
(b) Sets the house on fire.
(c) He masturbates near their beds.
(d) Ties them to their beds.
6. What does Jinga do when Maisha leaves?
(a) Gets a job.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Cleans the house.
7. Who is a tout in the story?
(a) Farah Ngee.
(b) Falafel Gabon.
(c) Femir Dput.
(d) Fofo Kpee.
8. What is a tout?
(a) A chef.
(b) A thief.
(c) A solicitor.
(d) A politician.
9. Kotchikpa realizes that their hut is going to be ___________________________.
(a) A drug den.
(b) A new school.
(c) The housing center for the trafficked children.
(d) Torn down.
10. How does Maisha arrive home the next morning?
(a) A bike.
(b) An old taxi.
(c) A Jaguar.
(d) A motorcycle.
11. Which sibling of Maisha's is the only one she will allow to hang out on the street with her?
12. Which is NOT one of the things that Jinga does when Maisha leaves?
(a) Breaks his school pencils.
(b) Tears up his school uniform.
(c) Swallows a bottle of glue.
(d) Pulls down the mosquito net.
13. What has the man in #39 purchased recently?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A car.
(c) A boat.
(d) A house.
14. What does Mama do on Christmas morning to celebrate the day?
(a) Goes to church.
(b) Makes pancakes and tea.
(c) Sings Christmas carols.
(d) Reads the names of ancestors written in the Bible.
15. What does Fofo Kpee give the children to calm them down about meeting their adoptive parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is outraged that he/she overslept on Christmas and lost the chance to beg from white tourists?
2. What does Fofo tell Kotchikpa about Mama and Papa?
3. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
4. What new name does Mama give to Yewa?
5. Mama downs a bottle of _______________ which is usually reserved for the children.
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)