|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jigana becomes so drunk on sniffing glue that he ____________________.
(b) Passes out.
(d) Goes into a coma.
2. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
(a) Playing music too loud.
(b) Trying to wish her goodnight.
(c) Stepping on her foot.
(d) Looking in her purse.
3. How does Maisha arrive home the next morning?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) An old taxi.
(c) A bike.
(d) A Jaguar.
4. With what does Mama spray down the house?
5. What does Baba use to fan the chemicals out of the house?
(a) A paper plate.
(b) An electric fan.
(c) The door of the shack.
(d) A newspaper.
6. Fattening for Gabon starts with the line, "Selling your child or nephew could be more difficult than selling ________________________."
(a) Sea shells.
(b) Other kids.
(d) A car.
7. What new name does Mama give to Yewa?
8. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
9. What do the family members do when they eat the food that Maisha has brought home?
(a) Invite neighbors in.
(b) Stretch out on the floor.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Vomit and eat some more.
10. Why does Yewa not want to go to school?
(a) She doesn't like her teacher.
(b) She doesn't want to leave the motorcycle.
(c) She doesn't like to get up early.
(d) She is bored.
11. Kotchikpa is surprised to find that ____________________ has been in on the plot all along.
(c) Monsieur Abraham.
(d) Big Guy.
12. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children?
(b) Shave ice.
(c) Ice cream.
(d) Nuts and fruit juice.
13. What is notable about the man in #39?
(a) He has a scar on his face.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He has white hair.
(d) He is crippled.
14. In what country does the story take place?
15. What does Mama do for her children when they are hungry on Christmas morning?
(a) Makes oatmeal.
(b) Gives them toast.
(c) Gives them glue to sniff.
(d) Takes them out for breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jigana want to do to Maisha's clients?
2. Mama thanks Maisha for _________________.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Maisha had when she left for work a few days ago?
4. Where do Jigana and his family live?
5. How old is Kotchikpa?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)