|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Naema?
(a) Jigana's sister.
(b) Jigana's aunt.
(c) Jigana's godmother.
(d) Jigana's mother.
2. When Maisha says she wants to get a full-time job, Jigana knows she is thinking about _________________________.
(a) Waiting tables.
(b) Joining a brothel.
(c) Serving cocktails.
(d) Getting some education.
3. What is a tout?
(a) A politician.
(b) A thief.
(c) A chef.
(d) A solicitor.
4. What new name does Mama give to Kotchikpa?
5. Mama downs a bottle of _______________ which is usually reserved for the children.
(a) Cough syrup.
(c) Orange juice.
6. Fofo Kpee tells the congregation that his new riches come from ______________________.
(a) The childrens' parents.
(b) A lottery win.
(c) A lawsuit settlement.
(d) A new job.
7. What does Fofo Kpee give the children to calm them down about meeting their adoptive parents?
8. The guard questions the children about ___________________.
(a) Their schooling.
(b) The neighbors.
(d) Their new background stories.
9. What has the man in #39 purchased recently?
(a) A boat.
(b) A house.
(c) A car.
(d) A motorcycle.
10. Fofo Kpee tells the children that they have _________________ who want to adopt them.
(b) Church members.
11. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
(a) The parents have AIDS.
(b) The children are in foster care.
(c) They are at boarding school.
(d) The parents are traveling abroad.
12. How old are Otieno and Atieno?
13. How old is Kotchikpa?
14. Which is NOT one of the things that Jinga does when Maisha leaves?
(a) Breaks his school pencils.
(b) Tears up his school uniform.
(c) Swallows a bottle of glue.
(d) Pulls down the mosquito net.
15. What currency does Fofo Kpee put in the church collection?
(a) N100 bill.
(b) D20 bill.
(c) G20 bill.
(d) S500 bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama do on Christmas morning to celebrate the day?
2. Why does Yewa not want to go to school?
3. Mama hopes she can sell one of the new puppies to buy ______________________.
4. How old is Maisha?
5. Who arrives unexpectedly one night to say that the children will be leaving within the week?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)