|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
(a) Playing music too loud.
(b) Looking in her purse.
(c) Trying to wish her goodnight.
(d) Stepping on her foot.
2. What does Fofo Kpee give the children to calm them down about meeting their adoptive parents?
3. Where does Maisha keep all her belongings?
(a) A closet.
(b) A wooden box.
(c) A cellar.
(d) A storage room.
4. How old is Yewa?
5. What do the twins drink until they get sick?
(d) Hot cocoa.
6. Who does Mama allow to sleep under the mosquito net?
7. What does Mama do on Christmas morning to celebrate the day?
(a) Sings Christmas carols.
(b) Reads the names of ancestors written in the Bible.
(c) Makes pancakes and tea.
(d) Goes to church.
8. Why does Yewa not want to go to school?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She doesn't like her teacher.
(c) She doesn't want to leave the motorcycle.
(d) She doesn't like to get up early.
9. With what does Mama spray down the house?
10. Where do Jigana and his family live?
(a) A studio apartment.
(b) A slum house.
(c) A townhouse.
(d) A ranch house.
11. What does Big Guy promise to give the gravediggers?
(a) A new car.
(c) Fofo's motorcycle.
(d) Gold coins.
12. What does Baba help Maisha load into a taxi?
(a) Her suitcases.
(b) Her bicycle.
(c) Her trunk.
(d) Her coat rack.
13. Where does Fofo Kpee take the children on their first ride on the motorcycle?
(a) The ice cream shop.
(c) The mall.
(d) The beach.
14. How does Maisha make money for the family?
(a) She is a prostitute.
(b) She cleans houses.
(c) She sews.
(d) She works in the fields.
15. In what country does the story take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sibling of Maisha's is the only one she will allow to hang out on the street with her?
2. What has the man in #39 purchased recently?
3. What is notable about the man in #39?
4. What does Naema's boyfriend give her on Christmas?
5. How old is Maisha?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)