|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through My Parents' Bedroom (Rwanda).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives unexpectedly one night to say that the children will be leaving within the week?
(a) Big Guy.
(c) Monsieur Abraham.
2. The guard questions the children about ___________________.
(b) Their schooling.
(c) Their new background stories.
(d) The neighbors.
3. What has happened to a girl named Helene who arrives at the house?
(a) Her nose has been broken.
(b) Her skull has been fractured.
(c) Her foot has been nearly hacked off by a machete.
(d) Her right hand has been cut off.
4. In what country does the story take place?
5. Why does Maman slap Monique's hand?
(a) She tries to lick the frosting from the birthday cake.
(b) She is taunting her brother.
(c) She tried to scratch Tonton Andre's face out of a photograph.
(d) She grabbed for food at the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jubril not watch the televisions on the bus?
2. What noise does Monique hear coming from the kitchen?
3. What does the narrator do when she first sees Selam at her apartment?
4. What new name does Mama give to Kotchikpa?
5. How does Maisha arrive home the next morning?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)