|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator is happy because __________________________.
(a) She and Selam have found a way to communicate.
(b) Her family is going on vacation.
(c) She got a new puppy.
(d) It is her birthday.
2. What is the narrator looking for at Selam's apartment building?
(a) The pigeons roosting on the roof.
(b) A light in the kitchen window.
(c) The blinds to open.
(d) Smoke from the fireplace.
3. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children?
(a) Shave ice.
(c) Nuts and fruit juice.
(d) Ice cream.
4. Kotchikpa realizes that their hut is going to be ___________________________.
(a) A new school.
(b) A drug den.
(c) Torn down.
(d) The housing center for the trafficked children.
5. Which of the following is NOT something the narrator likes about her best friend?
(b) Sense of humor.
(c) Long legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
2. What does Mama suggest giving the neighbors for Christmas?
3. What does the narrator do when she first sees Selam at her apartment?
4. Where do Jigana and his family live?
5. What does the narrator note about the streets outside the apartment?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)