|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator looking for at Selam's apartment building?
(a) The blinds to open.
(b) The pigeons roosting on the roof.
(c) Smoke from the fireplace.
(d) A light in the kitchen window.
2. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
3. Kotchikpa overhears Fofo saying that he will travel to Braffe soon to collect ____________________.
(a) The other children.
(b) The furniture.
(c) His new car.
(d) His lottery winnings.
4. What differences do the two friends have?
(a) Language differences.
(b) Cultural differences.
(c) Religious differences.
(d) Athletic differences.
5. Which of the following is NOT something Maisha had when she left for work a few days ago?
(a) Pair of black jeans.
(b) Freshly applied perm.
(c) Long artificial fingernails.
(d) Newly bleached skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two people who share a close bond are able to _________________________.
2. Why will Fofo Kpee not allow any windows in the house to be opened?
3. When Maisha says she wants to get a full-time job, Jigana knows she is thinking about _________________________.
4. What does Baba do to the taxi driver?
5. Which of the following do Selam and the narrator NOT do when they see each other from their apartments?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)