|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This story is about the divide between ____________________________.
(a) Catholics and Baptists.
(b) men and women.
(c) Democrats and Republicans.
(d) Muslims and Christians.
2. What does Mama do on Christmas morning to celebrate the day?
(a) Sings Christmas carols.
(b) Makes pancakes and tea.
(c) Goes to church.
(d) Reads the names of ancestors written in the Bible.
3. Two people who share a close bond are able to _________________________.
(a) Instill insecurities in each other.
(b) Finish each other's sentences.
(c) Communicate messages to each other.
(d) Make each other angry.
4. What differences do the two friends have?
(a) Athletic differences.
(b) Religious differences.
(c) Language differences.
(d) Cultural differences.
5. With what does Mama spray down the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Selam likes about the narrator?
2. What new name does Mama give to Yewa?
3. One day, the narrator smells ________________ in the apartment.
4. Kotchikpa overhears Fofo saying that he will travel to Braffe soon to collect ____________________.
5. Which of the following do Selam and the narrator NOT do when they see each other from their apartments?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)