|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jigana becomes so drunk on sniffing glue that he ____________________.
(a) Goes into a coma.
(b) Passes out.
2. One day, the narrator's parents inform her that she can no longer spend time with whom?
3. Who arrives unexpectedly one night to say that the children will be leaving within the week?
(a) Monsieur Abraham.
(d) Big Guy.
4. The narrator and her best friend ______________________.
(a) Do everything together.
(b) Take piano lessons.
(c) Ride bikes together.
(d) Swim in the sea.
5. When Maisha says she wants to get a full-time job, Jigana knows she is thinking about _________________________.
(a) Waiting tables.
(b) Serving cocktails.
(c) Getting some education.
(d) Joining a brothel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
2. What does Big Guy promise to give the gravediggers?
3. This story is told from which point of view?
4. Which of the following do Selam and the narrator NOT do when they see each other from their apartments?
5. Which of the following does Mama NOT do when Maisha smiles at her?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)