|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new name does Mama give to Kotchikpa?
2. Why do the narrator's parents no longer want her to play with a certain girl?
(a) She is disrespectful.
(b) She is Muslim.
(c) She is rude.
(d) She is a bad influence.
3. What does Fofo tell Kotchikpa about Mama and Papa?
(a) They have moved away.
(b) They are wealthy.
(c) They are bad people.
(d) They no longer want him.
4. What is the narrator looking for at Selam's apartment building?
(a) Smoke from the fireplace.
(b) The blinds to open.
(c) The pigeons roosting on the roof.
(d) A light in the kitchen window.
5. Which of the following is NOT something the narrator likes about her best friend?
(b) Sense of humor.
(d) Long legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
2. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
3. Why does the person in #61 begin to shake Fofo and yell at him?
4. In what country does the story take place?
5. Which of the following does Mama NOT do when Maisha smiles at her?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)