|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do Selam and the narrator NOT do when they see each other from their apartments?
(a) Smile big.
(b) Mime hugging each other.
(c) Talk on the phone.
(d) Open their mouths wide.
2. Who says, "Best friends don't quarrel" when Selam begins to cry?
(b) The narrator.
(d) The narrator's father.
3. Why does Selam suddenly rush off her balcony and back into her apartment?
(a) She doesn't want her mother to catch her.
(b) She needs to get a jacket.
(c) She has to answer the phone.
(d) It has started to rain.
4. What does Naema's boyfriend give her on Christmas?
(a) A gift card.
(b) A locket.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A cooked chicken leg.
5. Why do the children take Baby to town with them?
(a) The store owner gives them candy.
(b) People give more money when Baby is with them.
(c) They want to buy her some ice cream.
(d) They can teach her songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Mama NOT do when Maisha smiles at her?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Selam likes about the narrator?
3. Who arrives unexpectedly one night to say that the children will be leaving within the week?
4. Where does Maisha keep all her belongings?
5. What does Mama do on Christmas morning to celebrate the day?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)