|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator and her best friend vacation with ___________________.
(a) The best friend's family.
(b) The church group.
(c) A neighbor's family.
(d) The narrator's family.
2. How old is Jigana?
3. What does the narrator note about the streets outside the apartment?
(a) They are filled with people.
(b) They are wet.
(c) They have oil spots.
(d) They are empty.
4. What candy do the two friends like to eat?
(a) Smiling Cow toffees.
(b) Red licorice.
(c) Peanut butter cups.
(d) Gummy bears.
5. What does Mama do for her children when they are hungry on Christmas morning?
(a) Takes them out for breakfast.
(b) Gives them toast.
(c) Makes oatmeal.
(d) Gives them glue to sniff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fofo Kpee take the children on their first ride on the motorcycle?
2. What had a girl named Hadiya told Selam at school one day?
3. Mama downs a bottle of _______________ which is usually reserved for the children.
4. Two people who share a close bond are able to _________________________.
5. How old are the girls in the story?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)