|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fattening for Gabon (Benin).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do for her children when they are hungry on Christmas morning?
(a) Makes oatmeal.
(b) Gives them glue to sniff.
(c) Takes them out for breakfast.
(d) Gives them toast.
2. What does Baba help Maisha load into a taxi?
(a) Her trunk.
(b) Her coat rack.
(c) Her suitcases.
(d) Her bicycle.
3. Mama thanks Maisha for _________________.
(a) Washing the dishes.
(b) Buying her shoes.
(c) Cooking breakfast.
(d) Paying their debt.
4. Why does Yewa not want to go to school?
(a) She doesn't want to leave the motorcycle.
(b) She doesn't like her teacher.
(c) She doesn't like to get up early.
(d) She is bored.
5. Why will Fofo Kpee not allow any windows in the house to be opened?
(a) He prefers to run the air conditioning.
(b) He has really bad allergies.
(c) Too much dust comes in from the traffic.
(d) He doesn't want people to see their luxuries and steal them.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does the story take place?
2. Where does Fofo Kpee take the children on their first ride on the motorcycle?
3. Fattening for Gabon starts with the line, "Selling your child or nephew could be more difficult than selling ________________________."
4. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
5. What treats does Fofo Kpee give to the children?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)