|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Fattening for Gabon (Benin).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the things that Jinga does when Maisha leaves?
(a) Breaks his school pencils.
(b) Tears up his school uniform.
(c) Swallows a bottle of glue.
(d) Pulls down the mosquito net.
2. Mama downs a bottle of _______________ which is usually reserved for the children.
(b) Cough syrup.
(d) Orange juice.
3. What do the family members do when they eat the food that Maisha has brought home?
(a) Stretch out on the floor.
(b) Vomit and eat some more.
(c) Go to sleep.
(d) Invite neighbors in.
4. How does Maisha make money for the family?
(a) She cleans houses.
(b) She works in the fields.
(c) She sews.
(d) She is a prostitute.
5. What new name does Mama give to Yewa?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does the story take place?
2. Where does Fofo Kpee keep the motorcycle?
3. Where are the children kept after the motorcycle accident?
4. When Maisha says she wants to get a full-time job, Jigana knows she is thinking about _________________________.
5. Even though Kotchikpa no longer wants to travel to Gabon with Mama and Papa, Yewa is still allured by Western food and ___________________.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)