|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through My Parents' Bedroom (Rwanda).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator note about the streets outside the apartment?
(a) They are wet.
(b) They are empty.
(c) They have oil spots.
(d) They are filled with people.
2. Why does the village chief get so angry at Jubril?
(a) He spills water on him.
(b) He brushes up against his shoulder.
(c) He steps on his foot.
(d) He turns off the television.
3. How many days does the narrator watch Selam's apartment building?
4. This story is about the divide between ____________________________.
(a) Democrats and Republicans.
(b) Catholics and Baptists.
(c) Muslims and Christians.
(d) men and women.
5. How does Maisha make money for the family?
(a) She cleans houses.
(b) She sews.
(c) She works in the fields.
(d) She is a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator and her best friend ______________________.
2. Why do the bus passengers side with Jubril against the village chief?
3. What place does Selam have in her family?
4. What do the twins drink until they get sick?
5. Where do Jigana and his family live?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)