|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through My Parents' Bedroom (Rwanda).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Yewa not want to go to school?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She doesn't want to leave the motorcycle.
(c) She doesn't like her teacher.
(d) She doesn't like to get up early.
2. What was Jubril's punishment for stealing a goat?
(a) He spent six weeks in prison.
(b) He is banished from his village.
(c) His hand was amputated.
(d) He had to pay for the goat.
3. When Maisha says she wants to get a full-time job, Jigana knows she is thinking about _________________________.
(a) Joining a brothel.
(b) Waiting tables.
(c) Serving cocktails.
(d) Getting some education.
4. What does the Wizard tell Monique before leaving the house?
(a) There is a full moon tonight.
(b) Ghosts are all over the land.
(c) He is taking Jean with him.
(d) If she tells, he will kill her.
5. What is the narrator looking for at Selam's apartment building?
(a) The pigeons roosting on the roof.
(b) The blinds to open.
(c) A light in the kitchen window.
(d) Smoke from the fireplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do two policeman enter the Luxurious Bus?
2. What noise does Monique hear above her bedroom that night?
3. What does Fofo do one night that frightens the children?
4. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
5. As the story begins, the Nigerian government places a ban on the transportation of _________________ from one end of the country to another.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)