|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fofo do one night that frightens the children?
(a) Sets the house on fire.
(b) Cuts his arms with a knife.
(c) He masturbates near their beds.
(d) Ties them to their beds.
2. One day, the narrator smells ________________ in the apartment.
3. What is notable about the man in #39?
(a) He has white hair.
(b) He is crippled.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He has a scar on his face.
4. How many days does the narrator watch Selam's apartment building?
5. Which is NOT one of the things that Jinga does when Maisha leaves?
(a) Swallows a bottle of glue.
(b) Tears up his school uniform.
(c) Breaks his school pencils.
(d) Pulls down the mosquito net.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kotchikpa overhears Fofo saying that he will travel to Braffe soon to collect ____________________.
2. The narrator's parents no longer want her to play with whom?
3. Who arrives unexpectedly one night to say that the children will be leaving within the week?
4. How old is Kotchikpa?
5. Fofo makes the children memorize _____________________.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)