|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Maisha had when she left for work a few days ago?
(a) Long artificial fingernails.
(b) Freshly applied perm.
(c) Pair of black jeans.
(d) Newly bleached skin.
2. Which of the following do Selam and the narrator NOT do when they see each other from their apartments?
(a) Open their mouths wide.
(b) Talk on the phone.
(c) Mime hugging each other.
(d) Smile big.
3. What does Fofo Kpee give the children to calm them down about meeting their adoptive parents?
4. What does the guard tell the children?
(a) They are going back to school.
(b) They are going away to military school.
(c) They will never leave the house again.
(d) They are to be sold.
5. What does Mama suggest giving the neighbors for Christmas?
(b) A fruitcake.
(c) A liter of petrol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
2. What candy do the two friends like to eat?
3. Why do the narrator's parents no longer want her to play with a certain girl?
4. What does Jigana think he should have done to help support the family?
5. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)