|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maisha make money for the family?
(a) She cleans houses.
(b) She works in the fields.
(c) She sews.
(d) She is a prostitute.
2. Fofo makes the children memorize _____________________.
(a) The Bible.
(b) The alphabet.
(c) Fictional stories about themselves.
(d) Song lyrics.
3. What does the guard tell the children?
(a) They will never leave the house again.
(b) They are going back to school.
(c) They are to be sold.
(d) They are going away to military school.
4. Where does Maisha keep all her belongings?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A closet.
(c) A storage room.
(d) A wooden box.
5. One day, the narrator smells ________________ in the apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jigana think he should have done to help support the family?
2. What has the man in #39 purchased recently?
3. How old are Otieno and Atieno?
4. Who is outraged that he/she overslept on Christmas and lost the chance to beg from white tourists?
5. Even though Kotchikpa no longer wants to travel to Gabon with Mama and Papa, Yewa is still allured by Western food and ___________________.
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)