|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do for her children when they are hungry on Christmas morning?
(a) Gives them toast.
(b) Gives them glue to sniff.
(c) Takes them out for breakfast.
(d) Makes oatmeal.
2. Where does Maisha keep all her belongings?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A closet.
(c) A storage room.
(d) A wooden box.
3. Which of the following is NOT something the narrator likes about her best friend?
(a) Sense of humor.
(b) Long legs.
4. Who is a tout in the story?
(a) Farah Ngee.
(b) Femir Dput.
(c) Falafel Gabon.
(d) Fofo Kpee.
5. How does Maisha make money for the family?
(a) She works in the fields.
(b) She cleans houses.
(c) She is a prostitute.
(d) She sews.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives unexpectedly one night to say that the children will be leaving within the week?
2. Kotchikpa realizes that their hut is going to be ___________________________.
3. In what country does the story take place?
4. Why does the person in #61 begin to shake Fofo and yell at him?
5. What do the family members do when they eat the food that Maisha has brought home?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)