|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator note about the streets outside the apartment?
(a) They are wet.
(b) They have oil spots.
(c) They are filled with people.
(d) They are empty.
2. This story is about the divide between ____________________________.
(a) men and women.
(b) Catholics and Baptists.
(c) Democrats and Republicans.
(d) Muslims and Christians.
3. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
(a) Trying to wish her goodnight.
(b) Playing music too loud.
(c) Looking in her purse.
(d) Stepping on her foot.
4. Why does the narrator scream at Selam?
(a) She is swerving on her bike.
(b) Selam had talked to Hadiya.
(c) She is boarding a train.
(d) She made a soccer goal.
5. What does Naema's boyfriend give her on Christmas?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A gift card.
(c) A cooked chicken leg.
(d) A locket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jinga do when Maisha leaves?
2. How old is Yewa?
3. Who is the protagonist of the story?
4. Why does Yewa not want to go to school?
5. How old is Kotchikpa?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)