|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do on Christmas morning to celebrate the day?
(a) Reads the names of ancestors written in the Bible.
(b) Makes pancakes and tea.
(c) Sings Christmas carols.
(d) Goes to church.
2. Why does Yewa not want to go to school?
(a) She doesn't like her teacher.
(b) She doesn't like to get up early.
(c) She is bored.
(d) She doesn't want to leave the motorcycle.
3. Who says, "Best friends don't quarrel" when Selam begins to cry?
(b) The narrator.
(c) The narrator's father.
4. Why do the children take Baby to town with them?
(a) People give more money when Baby is with them.
(b) The store owner gives them candy.
(c) They can teach her songs.
(d) They want to buy her some ice cream.
5. How old are Otieno and Atieno?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does the story take place?
2. Why have the children not seen their parents for two years?
3. What does the guard tell the children?
4. Selam's parents have given her permission to eat ___________________.
5. How old is Jigana?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)