|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Naema?
(a) Jigana's aunt.
(b) Jigana's sister.
(c) Jigana's godmother.
(d) Jigana's mother.
2. What does the guard force the children to drink?
(a) Salt water.
(b) Warm milk.
(c) Unsweetened tea.
(d) Castor oil.
3. Why does Selam suddenly rush off her balcony and back into her apartment?
(a) It has started to rain.
(b) She doesn't want her mother to catch her.
(c) She needs to get a jacket.
(d) She has to answer the phone.
4. What place does Selam have in her family?
(a) The youngest child.
(b) The middle child.
(c) An only child.
(d) The oldest child.
5. Why do the narrator's parents no longer want her to play with a certain girl?
(a) She is a bad influence.
(b) She is Muslim.
(c) She is disrespectful.
(d) She is rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sibling of Maisha's is the only one she will allow to hang out on the street with her?
2. What does the narrator's father tell Selam?
3. Why does Yewa not want to go to school?
4. Mama and Papa bring new siblings named _________________________.
5. Mama thanks Maisha for _________________.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)