|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place does the narrator have in her family?
(a) The middle child.
(b) The youngest child.
(c) An only child.
(d) The oldest child.
2. What has the man in #39 purchased recently?
(a) A house.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A car.
(d) A boat.
3. The guard questions the children about ___________________.
(a) Their new background stories.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) Their schooling.
4. Which of the following do Selam and the narrator NOT do when they see each other from their apartments?
(a) Open their mouths wide.
(b) Talk on the phone.
(c) Smile big.
(d) Mime hugging each other.
5. The narrator and her best friend vacation with ___________________.
(a) The church group.
(b) The narrator's family.
(c) A neighbor's family.
(d) The best friend's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. This story is about the divide between ____________________________.
2. Fofo makes the children memorize _____________________.
3. Kotchikpa overhears Fofo saying that he will travel to Braffe soon to collect ____________________.
4. What does the guard force the children to do?
5. What is a tout?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)