|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two people who share a close bond are able to _________________________.
(a) Instill insecurities in each other.
(b) Make each other angry.
(c) Finish each other's sentences.
(d) Communicate messages to each other.
2. Why do the children take Baby to town with them?
(a) They want to buy her some ice cream.
(b) They can teach her songs.
(c) The store owner gives them candy.
(d) People give more money when Baby is with them.
3. Which of the following is NOT something the narrator likes about her best friend?
(a) Long legs.
(d) Sense of humor.
4. Fattening for Gabon starts with the line, "Selling your child or nephew could be more difficult than selling ________________________."
(a) A car.
(c) Sea shells.
(d) Other kids.
5. What does Baba do to the taxi driver?
(a) Hits him on the head.
(b) Spills wine on him.
(c) Begs for money.
(d) Takes his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following do Selam and the narrator NOT do when they see each other from their apartments?
2. Mama and Papa bring new siblings named _________________________.
3. How old is Kotchikpa?
4. Which one of the children does NOT escape from the hut?
5. The narrator and her best friend vacation with ___________________.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)