|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Big Guy promise to give the gravediggers?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) A new car.
(d) Fofo's motorcycle.
2. What is the narrator looking for at Selam's apartment building?
(a) A light in the kitchen window.
(b) Smoke from the fireplace.
(c) The pigeons roosting on the roof.
(d) The blinds to open.
3. Maisha snaps at Jinga for ______________________.
(a) Trying to wish her goodnight.
(b) Looking in her purse.
(c) Playing music too loud.
(d) Stepping on her foot.
4. The narrator and her best friend ______________________.
(a) Swim in the sea.
(b) Ride bikes together.
(c) Do everything together.
(d) Take piano lessons.
5. Which is NOT one of the things that Jinga does when Maisha leaves?
(a) Swallows a bottle of glue.
(b) Tears up his school uniform.
(c) Pulls down the mosquito net.
(d) Breaks his school pencils.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the person in #61 begin to shake Fofo and yell at him?
2. Who is the protagonist of the story?
3. How old are Otieno and Atieno?
4. Why will Fofo Kpee not allow any windows in the house to be opened?
5. How many. pages is this short story?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)