|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through What Language is That? (Ethiopia).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do on Christmas morning to celebrate the day?
(a) Sings Christmas carols.
(b) Makes pancakes and tea.
(c) Goes to church.
(d) Reads the names of ancestors written in the Bible.
2. What is the setting of the story?
3. What does Naema do to Baby while out begging to keep him dry?
(a) Wraps him in plastic bags.
(b) Puts a hoodie on him.
(c) Holds an umbrella over him.
(d) Puts a newspaper over him.
4. Fofo Kpee tells the children that they have _________________ who want to adopt them.
(b) Church members.
5. What does the guard tell the children?
(a) They are going back to school.
(b) They will never leave the house again.
(c) They are to be sold.
(d) They are going away to military school.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator and her best friend ______________________.
2. Which of the following do Selam and the narrator NOT do when they see each other from their apartments?
3. What does Baba do to the taxi driver?
4. The narrator's parents no longer want her to play with whom?
5. How does Maisha arrive home the next morning?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)