1. How old is Jigana?
2. How old is Maisha?
3. How does Maisha make money for the family?
(a) She works in the fields.
(b) She cleans houses.
(c) She sews.
(d) She is a prostitute.
4. In what country does the story take place?
5. Who is Naema?
(a) Jigana's mother.
(b) Jigana's aunt.
(c) Jigana's sister.
(d) Jigana's godmother.
6. Where do Jigana and his family live?
(a) A studio apartment.
(b) A slum house.
(c) A townhouse.
(d) A ranch house.
7. What does Mama do for her children when they are hungry on Christmas morning?
(a) Takes them out for breakfast.
(b) Gives them glue to sniff.
(c) Gives them toast.
(d) Makes oatmeal.
8. Mama hopes she can sell one of the new puppies to buy ______________________.
(b) Jigana's school books.
(c) Christmas gifts.
9. Why do the children take Baby to town with them?
(a) They can teach her songs.
(b) People give more money when Baby is with them.
(c) The store owner gives them candy.
(d) They want to buy her some ice cream.
This section contains 3,838 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)