* Eight-year-old Jigana describes his twelve-year-old sister, Maisha, who has recently become a prostitute to help support her family living in a slum in Kenya.
* Maisha is already training her eight-year-old sister, Naema, about life as a prostitute.
* Jigana's family consists of Mama, Baba, Maisha, Naema, twins Otieno and Atieno, and Baby.
* On Christmas morning, Mama, who is an alcoholic, gives her children glue to sniff to stave off their hunger pangs until Maisha comes home, hopefully bringing food.
* The children beg in the streets for money, with the exception of Maisha since she now prostitutes.
* Maisha settles the family's debts with neighbors and Maman is pleased.
* Months before, Jigana spent some time with Maisha on the streets and she tells him that she is thinking about joining a brothel which means she would have to move away.
* Maisha wants to work in the brothel...
This section contains 3,034 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)