|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of the truckers and the patrons at the diner have _________, which cause Mibs to feel overwhelmed.
2. Mibs notes that you can never tell who is a ________ deep inside until you get to know them.
3. What happens to the voices in Lester's head once Mibs tells him what she has been hearing?
4. Whose thoughts is Mibs listening to during this section of the story?
5. Who knows that he/she is responsible for the situation they are in and wants to protect the adults?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mibs when she first walks into the diner, according to the book?
2. How does Bobbi help Mibs feel less self-conscious at the start of this section, according to the book?
3. What does Mibs do for the homeless man when she encounters him again, according to the book?
4. What does Mibs learn from the TV report when she is resting in the back of the restaurant, according to the book?
5. What are some of the ways that the savvies were revealed when the family gathered for grandmother's funeral, according to the book?
6. What happens when Mibs calls her parents to let them know she's all right, according to the book?
7. How does Mibs explain her savvy to Fish when he asks her about it in the diner, according to the book?
8. What happens to cause silence to spread over the children and that makes Lill concerned, according to the book?
9. Are Lester and Lill going to get into trouble for helping the children during their journey, according to the book?
10. What is the reason that Mibs gives for Lester not listening to Carlene anymore, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs notices that she hates her father for lapsing into a coma on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Mibs is mad at her father after his accident?
Part 2: Do you think Mibs is justified in feeling mad at her father?
Part 3: Why do you think Mibs suddenly feels guilty about her reaction?
Essay Topic 2
The children decide to get into a truck in order to get to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the children all decide to go along with Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think it's a wise idea to get into a stranger's truck?
Part 3: How do you think the children could have gotten to Salina another way?
Essay Topic 3
Rocket, Mibs' brother, says that girls never get earth-shattering savvies like he has, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think girls can handle powerful savvies like Rocket's?
Part 2: Why do you think Rocket likes to point out his powerful savvy to others?
Part 3: How do you think Rocket might respond if Mibs had a powerful savvy?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)