|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are power outages occurring, according to the news report on the small TV in the back of the diner?
2. Mibs had detected the voices getting _________ once Lill and Lester met, according to the story.
3. Plans are being made for the ______ to come take the children back to their home, according to the story.
4. Who would normally have been nervous to pass by water, as Mibs points out when walking past the pool?
5. Who does Will manage to pull Mibs away from during this chapter, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mibs learn from the TV report when she is resting in the back of the restaurant, according to the book?
2. What does Mibs ask Bobbi when she admits that she wants to kiss Rocket, according to the book?
3. What does Lill tell Mibs as she is falling asleep that night in the hotel, according to the book?
4. What does Mibs do for the homeless man when she encounters him again, according to the book?
5. How does Bobbi help Mibs feel less self-conscious at the start of this section, according to the book?
6. What happens to cause silence to spread over the children and that makes Lill concerned, according to the book?
7. What happens when Mibs calls her parents to let them know she's all right, according to the book?
8. What does Lester tell Lill about Carlene and about the future of their relationship, according to the book?
9. What does Lill suggest the children do once she learns the truth about their travels, according to the book?
10. Where does Lester choose to sleep when they have finally secured two rooms at a hotel, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs' mother points out that while she always did things perfectly, that often meant she was lonely.
Part 1: Why do you think being perfect scares other people away?
Part 2: Would you want to be perfect in everything you did?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible for a person to be or to seem perfect?
Essay Topic 2
At times, the savvies of the children cause bad things to happen, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think savvies can create negative outcomes?
Part 2: How do you think the children can more easily control their savvies?
Part 3: Do you think it's a good idea to control an inherent power?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of a savvy is something that is exciting and confusing to readers.
Part 1: What do you think a savvy is and where does it come from?
Part 2: Why do you think certain people are given savvies in their lives?
Part 3: If you could choose your savvy, what would it be and why would you choose it?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)