|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlene do when she recognizes the children from the television station?
2. Who rushes off to tell Will the truth about the Beaumonts, according to the story?
3. Who does Mibs realize is not on the bus after he/she hurriedly escapes from Carlene's trailer?
4. Who yells at Ozzie to show more respect, according to the story?
5. There is a ___________ report on the TV, which causes the children to realize just how serious their disappearance is.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to cause silence to spread over the children and that makes Lill concerned, according to the book?
2. What does Lill tell Mibs as she is falling asleep that night in the hotel, according to the book?
3. What is the reason that Mibs gives for Lester not listening to Carlene anymore, according to the book?
4. What does Mibs suddenly think in her mind when Bobbi enters the back room to check up on her, according to the book?
5. What is Mibs furious about having to hear during the entire trip, according to the book?
6. What are some of the ways that the savvies were revealed when the family gathered for grandmother's funeral, according to the book?
7. What does Lill suggest the children do once she learns the truth about their travels, according to the book?
8. What does Mibs realize about the police officer that looks a lot like Will, according to the book?
9. What does Mibs do for the homeless man when she encounters him again, according to the book?
10. What does Mibs ask Bobbi when she admits that she wants to kiss Rocket, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs notices that she hates her father for lapsing into a coma on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Mibs is mad at her father after his accident?
Part 2: Do you think Mibs is justified in feeling mad at her father?
Part 3: Why do you think Mibs suddenly feels guilty about her reaction?
Essay Topic 2
The savvies that are given to the children don't arrive until the children are 13, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are savvies not given to children until they are 13?
Part 2: Do you think children could use their savvies at a younger age? An older age?
Part 3: What do you think the perfect age for receiving special powers might be? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Rosemary still tries to plan a party for Mibs on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why is the birthday party a good idea?
Part 2: Why is the birthday party a bad idea, as evidenced by the family's reaction to the plan?
Part 3: How do you think Miss Rosemary could plan a successful party?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)