|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ozzie throw at Lill, telling her that it should cover her last check, according to the story?
2. What does Mibs also leave for the homeless man, knowing that her father would understand?
3. What are the children going to do once Lill makes the arrangements, according to the story and according to Lill?
4. Who does Mibs drag out from under a table because she feels she needs to be able to see this person all the time?
5. Who takes the child who has to go to the bathroom to the room, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mibs realize about the police officer that looks a lot like Will, according to the book?
2. How does Bobbi help Mibs feel less self-conscious at the start of this section, according to the book?
3. How does Mibs explain her savvy to Fish when he asks her about it in the diner, according to the book?
4. What does Lill suggest the children do once she learns the truth about their travels, according to the book?
5. What happens at the last moment when Fish finally can control his savvy in the first part of the chapter?
6. What does Mibs tell Fish when he rises as he smells a larger body of water, according to the book?
7. What happens as a result of Ozzie seeing the children on the news report in the diner, according to the book?
8. What does Mibs suddenly think in her mind when Bobbi enters the back room to check up on her, according to the book?
9. What are some of the ways that the savvies were revealed when the family gathered for grandmother's funeral, according to the book?
10. Where does Lester choose to sleep when they have finally secured two rooms at a hotel, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs notices that she is upset when others begin to look at Will, according to the book.
Part 1: Why might Mibs be upset that other girls are looking at Will?
Part 2: Is Mibs' reaction normal for a girl her age?
Part 3: Do you think that Mibs likes Will as more than just a friend?
Essay Topic 2
Rocket, Mibs' brother, says that girls never get earth-shattering savvies like he has, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think girls can handle powerful savvies like Rocket's?
Part 2: Why do you think Rocket likes to point out his powerful savvy to others?
Part 3: How do you think Rocket might respond if Mibs had a powerful savvy?
Essay Topic 3
The children find out that they are going to have to make several stops before getting to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are the children surprised to hear there are multiple stops?
Part 2: Why do the children suddenly realize they are going to get into a lot of trouble?
Part 3: Do you think the children should have tried to go home right then?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)