|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leans in and bites Ozzie as they are hiding under the counter during the scuffle, according to the story?
2. What is a sign that Fish is having troubles scumbling his savvy at this point in time?
3. Who takes the child who has to go to the bathroom to the room, according to the story?
4. _______ forgives the children for their lies, knowing that their intentions were good overall.
5. How many children are on the bus during the main part of this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the last moment when Fish finally can control his savvy in the first part of the chapter?
2. Where does Lester choose to sleep when they have finally secured two rooms at a hotel, according to the book?
3. What does Mibs realize about the police officer that looks a lot like Will, according to the book?
4. What does Mibs suddenly think in her mind when Bobbi enters the back room to check up on her, according to the book?
5. What does Mibs tell Fish when he rises as he smells a larger body of water, according to the book?
6. What is the reason that Mibs gives for Lester not listening to Carlene anymore, according to the book?
7. What happens after the paramedics arrive on the scene and talk with the children, according to the book?
8. What does Lill suggest the children do once she learns the truth about their travels, according to the book?
9. What happens after Will decides to kiss Mibs when they're in the pool together, according to the book?
10. How does Bobbi help Mibs feel less self-conscious at the start of this section, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The children find out that they are going to have to make several stops before getting to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are the children surprised to hear there are multiple stops?
Part 2: Why do the children suddenly realize they are going to get into a lot of trouble?
Part 3: Do you think the children should have tried to go home right then?
Essay Topic 2
Mibs is made fun of by other girls who are her age, which upsets her, though she is accustomed to it.
Part 1: Why would other girls Mibs' age make fun of her?
Part 2: If Mibs went to school, do you think she would still have troubles with teasing?
Part 3: How do you think the teasing might impact Mibs?
Essay Topic 3
The savvies that are given to the children don't arrive until the children are 13, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are savvies not given to children until they are 13?
Part 2: Do you think children could use their savvies at a younger age? An older age?
Part 3: What do you think the perfect age for receiving special powers might be? Why?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)