|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of the truckers and the patrons at the diner have _________, which cause Mibs to feel overwhelmed.
2. Who yells at Ozzie to show more respect, according to the story?
3. Mibs is grateful to get to know Bobbi through _______ instead of through inner secrets from a tattoo.
4. Who does Will manage to pull Mibs away from during this chapter, according to the story?
5. There is a ___________ report on the TV, which causes the children to realize just how serious their disappearance is.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to cause silence to spread over the children and that makes Lill concerned, according to the book?
2. What does Bobbi tell Mibs about Will after seeing that Will kisses Mibs in the pool, according to the book?
3. What does Lill tell Mibs as she is falling asleep that night in the hotel, according to the book?
4. How does Mibs explain her savvy to Fish when he asks her about it in the diner, according to the book?
5. What does Mibs suddenly think in her mind when Bobbi enters the back room to check up on her, according to the book?
6. What happens to Mibs when she first walks into the diner, according to the book?
7. What does Mibs learn from the TV report when she is resting in the back of the restaurant, according to the book?
8. What is the reason that Mibs gives for Lester not listening to Carlene anymore, according to the book?
9. What is Mibs furious about having to hear during the entire trip, according to the book?
10. What does Lill suggest the children do once she learns the truth about their travels, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Rosemary points out that the children in the Beaumont house need to have a mother around, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Miss Rosemary is willing to take care of the children?
Part 2: Do you think that Miss Rosemary is right in thinking the children need a mother?
Part 3: How do you think the children might cope better if their mother was present?
Essay Topic 2
Lill points out to Mibs that there is plenty of time for boys and that she should try to take things slowly, according to the book.
Part 1: Why does Mibs have troubles with boys?
Part 2: Do you think that Lill was right in offering advice to Mibs?
Part 3: How do you think Mibs might be able to show Will her interest in him?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Rosemary still tries to plan a party for Mibs on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why is the birthday party a good idea?
Part 2: Why is the birthday party a bad idea, as evidenced by the family's reaction to the plan?
Part 3: How do you think Miss Rosemary could plan a successful party?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)