|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mibs put on and then suddenly take off, according to the story?
2. Mibs looks out the window and thinks to herself that it is time for Poppa to ___________.
3. What are the children going to do once Lill makes the arrangements, according to the story and according to Lill?
4. Mibs does point out that Bobbi's being a _________ might cause her to prove she isn't a good two shoes all the time.
5. Who does Lill point out is probably not in, as she takes Mibs to a back room in order to lie down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mibs calls her parents to let them know she's all right, according to the book?
2. What does Lester tell Lill about Carlene and about the future of their relationship, according to the book?
3. What happens to Mibs when she first walks into the diner, according to the book?
4. What does Lill tell Mibs as she is falling asleep that night in the hotel, according to the book?
5. What does Mibs realize about the police officer that looks a lot like Will, according to the book?
6. What does Mibs suddenly think in her mind when Bobbi enters the back room to check up on her, according to the book?
7. What does it mean that a person needs to scumble a savvy, according to Mibs' mother?
8. What happens after Will decides to kiss Mibs when they're in the pool together, according to the book?
9. What happens at the last moment when Fish finally can control his savvy in the first part of the chapter?
10. What does Mibs do for the homeless man when she encounters him again, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of a savvy is something that is exciting and confusing to readers.
Part 1: What do you think a savvy is and where does it come from?
Part 2: Why do you think certain people are given savvies in their lives?
Part 3: If you could choose your savvy, what would it be and why would you choose it?
Essay Topic 2
The Beaumont children have been home-schooled in order to avoid being a part of the regular world, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think homeschooling is a good idea for the Beaumonts?
Part 2: How might the Beaumont children thrive at a normal school?
Part 3: How might you react if the Beaumont children were in the same class as you?
Essay Topic 3
The children decide to get into a truck in order to get to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the children all decide to go along with Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think it's a wise idea to get into a stranger's truck?
Part 3: How do you think the children could have gotten to Salina another way?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)