|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the voices in Lester's head once Mibs tells him what she has been hearing?
2. Who tells the children that Poppa is in grave condition and needs to have his family around him?
3. Bobbi tells Mibs to take things ___________ when it comes to an older boy, according to the story.
4. Mibs realizes that Bill is Will's __________, and she bursts into tears as she explains what has happened.
5. Mibs believes that the ________ she can hear from Lester are ingrained in him so that that's all he can hear too.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mibs furious about having to hear during the entire trip, according to the book?
2. Who arrives to cause chaos at the trailer during the first part of this section?
3. How does Bobbi help Mibs feel less self-conscious at the start of this section, according to the book?
4. What does Lill tell Mibs as she is falling asleep that night in the hotel, according to the book?
5. What happens when Mibs calls her parents to let them know she's all right, according to the book?
6. What does it mean that a person needs to scumble a savvy, according to Mibs' mother?
7. What happens at the last moment when Fish finally can control his savvy in the first part of the chapter?
8. What are some of the ways that the savvies were revealed when the family gathered for grandmother's funeral, according to the book?
9. What does Mibs do for the homeless man when she encounters him again, according to the book?
10. How does Mibs explain her savvy to Fish when he asks her about it in the diner, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs notices that she is upset when others begin to look at Will, according to the book.
Part 1: Why might Mibs be upset that other girls are looking at Will?
Part 2: Is Mibs' reaction normal for a girl her age?
Part 3: Do you think that Mibs likes Will as more than just a friend?
Essay Topic 2
The concept of a savvy is something that is exciting and confusing to readers.
Part 1: What do you think a savvy is and where does it come from?
Part 2: Why do you think certain people are given savvies in their lives?
Part 3: If you could choose your savvy, what would it be and why would you choose it?
Essay Topic 3
Mibs is made fun of by other girls who are her age, which upsets her, though she is accustomed to it.
Part 1: Why would other girls Mibs' age make fun of her?
Part 2: If Mibs went to school, do you think she would still have troubles with teasing?
Part 3: How do you think the teasing might impact Mibs?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)