|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a ___________ report on the TV, which causes the children to realize just how serious their disappearance is.
2. Who has a plan that will allow the children to avoid calling home, according to the story?
3. What does Mibs learn about the tattoo that Bobbi has, which explains why she can't hear it anymore?
4. What does Mibs also leave for the homeless man, knowing that her father would understand?
5. What does Lill say that she will find for the children when she gets back in control of the situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the ways that the savvies were revealed when the family gathered for grandmother's funeral, according to the book?
2. What happens at the last moment when Fish finally can control his savvy in the first part of the chapter?
3. What happens after Will decides to kiss Mibs when they're in the pool together, according to the book?
4. What is the reason that Mibs gives for Lester not listening to Carlene anymore, according to the book?
5. What does Mibs learn from the TV report when she is resting in the back of the restaurant, according to the book?
6. What happens after the paramedics arrive on the scene and talk with the children, according to the book?
7. What does Mibs realize about the police officer that looks a lot like Will, according to the book?
8. What happens when Mibs calls her parents to let them know she's all right, according to the book?
9. How does Bobbi help Mibs feel less self-conscious at the start of this section, according to the book?
10. What happens to Mibs when she first walks into the diner, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Beaumont children have been home-schooled in order to avoid being a part of the regular world, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think homeschooling is a good idea for the Beaumonts?
Part 2: How might the Beaumont children thrive at a normal school?
Part 3: How might you react if the Beaumont children were in the same class as you?
Essay Topic 2
Rocket, Mibs' brother, says that girls never get earth-shattering savvies like he has, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think girls can handle powerful savvies like Rocket's?
Part 2: Why do you think Rocket likes to point out his powerful savvy to others?
Part 3: How do you think Rocket might respond if Mibs had a powerful savvy?
Essay Topic 3
The savvies that are given to the children don't arrive until the children are 13, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are savvies not given to children until they are 13?
Part 2: Do you think children could use their savvies at a younger age? An older age?
Part 3: What do you think the perfect age for receiving special powers might be? Why?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)