|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mibs notes that you can never tell who is a ________ deep inside until you get to know them.
2. Lester's voices fade whenever _______ smiles at him, Mibs notices, according to the story.
3. There is a ___________ report on the TV, which causes the children to realize just how serious their disappearance is.
4. Mibs believes that the ________ she can hear from Lester are ingrained in him so that that's all he can hear too.
5. What does Mibs leave for the homeless man, hearing his cries of anguish as she walks by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to cause silence to spread over the children and that makes Lill concerned, according to the book?
2. What does Mibs tell Fish when he rises as he smells a larger body of water, according to the book?
3. What happens after the paramedics arrive on the scene and talk with the children, according to the book?
4. What happens when Mibs calls her parents to let them know she's all right, according to the book?
5. What is Mibs furious about having to hear during the entire trip, according to the book?
6. What does Lester tell Lill about Carlene and about the future of their relationship, according to the book?
7. What does Mibs realize about the police officer that looks a lot like Will, according to the book?
8. What does Lill tell Mibs as she is falling asleep that night in the hotel, according to the book?
9. What does Mibs ask Bobbi when she admits that she wants to kiss Rocket, according to the book?
10. Who arrives to cause chaos at the trailer during the first part of this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rocket, Mibs' brother, says that girls never get earth-shattering savvies like he has, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think girls can handle powerful savvies like Rocket's?
Part 2: Why do you think Rocket likes to point out his powerful savvy to others?
Part 3: How do you think Rocket might respond if Mibs had a powerful savvy?
Essay Topic 2
The concept of a savvy is something that is exciting and confusing to readers.
Part 1: What do you think a savvy is and where does it come from?
Part 2: Why do you think certain people are given savvies in their lives?
Part 3: If you could choose your savvy, what would it be and why would you choose it?
Essay Topic 3
Mibs wakes up on the morning of her birthday, not feeling any difference in her life or in her savvy.
Part 1: Why do you think Mibs is disappointed by not feeling her savvy immediately?
Part 2: If you were Mibs, would you want proof of your savvy immediately?
Part 3: How do you think Mibs would have responded if her savvy had appeared suddenly?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)