|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mibs doubts that her running away was only because she wanted to save her __________.
2. Who does Mibs drag out from under a table because she feels she needs to be able to see this person all the time?
3. What does Mibs tell Lester about Carlene? That she is ____________, according to the story.
4. Mibs does point out that Bobbi's being a _________ might cause her to prove she isn't a good two shoes all the time.
5. What comes loose as a result of Fish's savvy, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bobbi tell Mibs about Will after seeing that Will kisses Mibs in the pool, according to the book?
2. What happens when Mibs calls her parents to let them know she's all right, according to the book?
3. What happens after the paramedics arrive on the scene and talk with the children, according to the book?
4. Where does Lester choose to sleep when they have finally secured two rooms at a hotel, according to the book?
5. What does Mibs do for the homeless man when she encounters him again, according to the book?
6. Who arrives to cause chaos at the trailer during the first part of this section?
7. What is Mibs furious about having to hear during the entire trip, according to the book?
8. What does Mibs suddenly think in her mind when Bobbi enters the back room to check up on her, according to the book?
9. Are Lester and Lill going to get into trouble for helping the children during their journey, according to the book?
10. What happens to cause silence to spread over the children and that makes Lill concerned, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The deliveryman begins by arguing with the children, but then decides to help them when he hears their story.
Part 1: Why do you think the deliveryman is mad at the children?
Part 2: Do you think the deliveryman should have taken the children back home?
Part 3: How do you think the deliveryman could have helped the children, while still letting others know they were safe?
Essay Topic 2
The Beaumont children have been home-schooled in order to avoid being a part of the regular world, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think homeschooling is a good idea for the Beaumonts?
Part 2: How might the Beaumont children thrive at a normal school?
Part 3: How might you react if the Beaumont children were in the same class as you?
Essay Topic 3
The savvies that are given to the children don't arrive until the children are 13, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are savvies not given to children until they are 13?
Part 2: Do you think children could use their savvies at a younger age? An older age?
Part 3: What do you think the perfect age for receiving special powers might be? Why?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)