|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carlene do when she recognizes the children from the television station?
2. Who leans in and bites Ozzie as they are hiding under the counter during the scuffle, according to the story?
3. Who is able to mimic her mother's voice well and fools Lill when she does so?
4. Who does the man in the state police uniform look like when Mibs sees him coming up to their group?
5. Whose ink is finally washed off, which causes Mibs to feel relieved, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean that a person needs to scumble a savvy, according to Mibs' mother?
2. What happens after Will decides to kiss Mibs when they're in the pool together, according to the book?
3. What is the reason that Mibs gives for Lester not listening to Carlene anymore, according to the book?
4. Where does Lester choose to sleep when they have finally secured two rooms at a hotel, according to the book?
5. What does Mibs suddenly think in her mind when Bobbi enters the back room to check up on her, according to the book?
6. What does Lill tell Mibs as she is falling asleep that night in the hotel, according to the book?
7. What is Mibs furious about having to hear during the entire trip, according to the book?
8. What does Mibs tell Fish when he rises as he smells a larger body of water, according to the book?
9. What does Lester tell Lill about Carlene and about the future of their relationship, according to the book?
10. What happens to Mibs when she first walks into the diner, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs wakes up on the morning of her birthday, not feeling any difference in her life or in her savvy.
Part 1: Why do you think Mibs is disappointed by not feeling her savvy immediately?
Part 2: If you were Mibs, would you want proof of your savvy immediately?
Part 3: How do you think Mibs would have responded if her savvy had appeared suddenly?
Essay Topic 2
Lill points out to Mibs that there is plenty of time for boys and that she should try to take things slowly, according to the book.
Part 1: Why does Mibs have troubles with boys?
Part 2: Do you think that Lill was right in offering advice to Mibs?
Part 3: How do you think Mibs might be able to show Will her interest in him?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Rosemary points out that the children in the Beaumont house need to have a mother around, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Miss Rosemary is willing to take care of the children?
Part 2: Do you think that Miss Rosemary is right in thinking the children need a mother?
Part 3: How do you think the children might cope better if their mother was present?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)