|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes loose as a result of Fish's savvy, according to the story?
2. Whose thoughts is Mibs listening to during this section of the story?
3. Who would normally have been nervous to pass by water, as Mibs points out when walking past the pool?
4. Who rushes off to tell Will the truth about the Beaumonts, according to the story?
5. Mibs is grateful to get to know Bobbi through _______ instead of through inner secrets from a tattoo.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the paramedics arrive on the scene and talk with the children, according to the book?
2. What are some of the ways that the savvies were revealed when the family gathered for grandmother's funeral, according to the book?
3. Where does Lester choose to sleep when they have finally secured two rooms at a hotel, according to the book?
4. How does Bobbi help Mibs feel less self-conscious at the start of this section, according to the book?
5. What is the reason that Mibs gives for Lester not listening to Carlene anymore, according to the book?
6. What does Mibs tell Fish when he rises as he smells a larger body of water, according to the book?
7. What happens when Mibs calls her parents to let them know she's all right, according to the book?
8. What does Mibs realize about the police officer that looks a lot like Will, according to the book?
9. What happens to cause silence to spread over the children and that makes Lill concerned, according to the book?
10. What happens after Will decides to kiss Mibs when they're in the pool together, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs notices that she is upset when others begin to look at Will, according to the book.
Part 1: Why might Mibs be upset that other girls are looking at Will?
Part 2: Is Mibs' reaction normal for a girl her age?
Part 3: Do you think that Mibs likes Will as more than just a friend?
Essay Topic 2
Mibs thinks that her savvy might be to wake people up, and she holds onto this idea for a while in the story.
Part 1: Why does Mibs decide that waking others up is her savvy?
Part 2: Do you think Mibs' savvy is something that she wants?
Part 3: How do you think you might react if you knew you had a savvy, but you weren't sure what it was?
Essay Topic 3
Samson, though he does not have a savvy yet, can calm anyone he touches, even Mibs.
Part 1: Do you think the calming touch of Samson is his savvy?
Part 2: How do you think Samson's savvy will develop?
Part 3: Why do you think Samson is able to calm anyone down in the story?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)