|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lester decide to sleep after the group arrives at its final destination?
2. Who does the man in the state police uniform look like when Mibs sees him coming up to their group?
3. Mibs looks out the window and thinks to herself that it is time for Poppa to ___________.
4. Who is going to take the children to Salina, according to the story?
5. What does Lill say that she will find for the children when she gets back in control of the situation?
Essay Topic 1
Everyone immediately takes to Lill when she arrives on the bus with the children, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the children see Lill as a mother figure?
Part 2: Do you think that Lill is to be trusted?
Part 3: How do you think Lill might have a soothing effect on the children?
Essay Topic 2
Miss Rosemary points out that the children in the Beaumont house need to have a mother around, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Miss Rosemary is willing to take care of the children?
Part 2: Do you think that Miss Rosemary is right in thinking the children need a mother?
Part 3: How do you think the children might cope better if their mother was present?
Essay Topic 3
The Beaumont children have been home-schooled in order to avoid being a part of the regular world, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think homeschooling is a good idea for the Beaumonts?
Part 2: How might the Beaumont children thrive at a normal school?
Part 3: How might you react if the Beaumont children were in the same class as you?
This section contains 1,390 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)