|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mibs is grateful to get to know Bobbi through _______ instead of through inner secrets from a tattoo.
2. Who rushes off to tell Will the truth about the Beaumonts, according to the story?
3. Who is going to take the children to Salina, according to the story?
4. _________ realizes that in any situation, good and bad are mixed up together, according to the story.
5. Who does Bobbi say wants to talk to Mibs next during the charade of the phone call?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the ways that the savvies were revealed when the family gathered for grandmother's funeral, according to the book?
2. How does Bobbi help Mibs feel less self-conscious at the start of this section, according to the book?
3. What does Lill suggest the children do once she learns the truth about their travels, according to the book?
4. What happens when Mibs calls her parents to let them know she's all right, according to the book?
5. What happens to Mibs when she first walks into the diner, according to the book?
6. What happens at the last moment when Fish finally can control his savvy in the first part of the chapter?
7. What does it mean that a person needs to scumble a savvy, according to Mibs' mother?
8. What does Mibs suddenly think in her mind when Bobbi enters the back room to check up on her, according to the book?
9. What happens after Will decides to kiss Mibs when they're in the pool together, according to the book?
10. What does Mibs realize about the police officer that looks a lot like Will, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Beaumont children have been home-schooled in order to avoid being a part of the regular world, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think homeschooling is a good idea for the Beaumonts?
Part 2: How might the Beaumont children thrive at a normal school?
Part 3: How might you react if the Beaumont children were in the same class as you?
Essay Topic 2
Mibs' mother points out that while she always did things perfectly, that often meant she was lonely.
Part 1: Why do you think being perfect scares other people away?
Part 2: Would you want to be perfect in everything you did?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible for a person to be or to seem perfect?
Essay Topic 3
The savvies that are given to the children don't arrive until the children are 13, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are savvies not given to children until they are 13?
Part 2: Do you think children could use their savvies at a younger age? An older age?
Part 3: What do you think the perfect age for receiving special powers might be? Why?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)