|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes back into the diner in order to get the pie that Samson really wanted, according to the story?
2. Mibs explains to ________ about her ability to hear what drawings are telling her by demonstrating it.
3. Who has to go to the bathroom when the bus finally arrives at Carlene's house?
4. What does Lill talk to Lester about in order to calm him down about the situation?
5. Plans are being made for the ______ to come take the children back to their home, according to the story.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mibs realize about the police officer that looks a lot like Will, according to the book?
2. Are Lester and Lill going to get into trouble for helping the children during their journey, according to the book?
3. How does Mibs explain her savvy to Fish when he asks her about it in the diner, according to the book?
4. How does Bobbi help Mibs feel less self-conscious at the start of this section, according to the book?
5. What does Bobbi tell Mibs about Will after seeing that Will kisses Mibs in the pool, according to the book?
6. What happens to cause silence to spread over the children and that makes Lill concerned, according to the book?
7. What happens to Mibs when she first walks into the diner, according to the book?
8. What does Lill tell Mibs as she is falling asleep that night in the hotel, according to the book?
9. What does it mean that a person needs to scumble a savvy, according to Mibs' mother?
10. What does Mibs tell Fish when he rises as he smells a larger body of water, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Samson, though he does not have a savvy yet, can calm anyone he touches, even Mibs.
Part 1: Do you think the calming touch of Samson is his savvy?
Part 2: How do you think Samson's savvy will develop?
Part 3: Why do you think Samson is able to calm anyone down in the story?
Essay Topic 2
The children decide to get into a truck in order to get to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the children all decide to go along with Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think it's a wise idea to get into a stranger's truck?
Part 3: How do you think the children could have gotten to Salina another way?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Rosemary still tries to plan a party for Mibs on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why is the birthday party a good idea?
Part 2: Why is the birthday party a bad idea, as evidenced by the family's reaction to the plan?
Part 3: How do you think Miss Rosemary could plan a successful party?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)