|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are power outages occurring, according to the news report on the small TV in the back of the diner?
2. Whose ink is finally washed off, which causes Mibs to feel relieved, according to the story?
3. Who asks about the black eye and the scratches on the children during this chaotic scene?
4. There is a ___________ report on the TV, which causes the children to realize just how serious their disappearance is.
5. Mibs looks out the window and thinks to herself that it is time for Poppa to ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Are Lester and Lill going to get into trouble for helping the children during their journey, according to the book?
2. What is the reason that Mibs gives for Lester not listening to Carlene anymore, according to the book?
3. What does Lill tell Mibs as she is falling asleep that night in the hotel, according to the book?
4. What does Mibs tell Fish when he rises as he smells a larger body of water, according to the book?
5. How does Bobbi help Mibs feel less self-conscious at the start of this section, according to the book?
6. What does Mibs realize about the police officer that looks a lot like Will, according to the book?
7. What happens to cause silence to spread over the children and that makes Lill concerned, according to the book?
8. What does Lester tell Lill about Carlene and about the future of their relationship, according to the book?
9. Where does Lester choose to sleep when they have finally secured two rooms at a hotel, according to the book?
10. What does Mibs learn from the TV report when she is resting in the back of the restaurant, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs' mother points out that while she always did things perfectly, that often meant she was lonely.
Part 1: Why do you think being perfect scares other people away?
Part 2: Would you want to be perfect in everything you did?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible for a person to be or to seem perfect?
Essay Topic 2
Mibs thinks that her savvy might be to wake people up, and she holds onto this idea for a while in the story.
Part 1: Why does Mibs decide that waking others up is her savvy?
Part 2: Do you think Mibs' savvy is something that she wants?
Part 3: How do you think you might react if you knew you had a savvy, but you weren't sure what it was?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of a savvy is something that is exciting and confusing to readers.
Part 1: What do you think a savvy is and where does it come from?
Part 2: Why do you think certain people are given savvies in their lives?
Part 3: If you could choose your savvy, what would it be and why would you choose it?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)