|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ realizes that in any situation, good and bad are mixed up together, according to the story.
2. What does Mibs tell Lester about Carlene? That she is ____________, according to the story.
3. Mother explains that a person will need to _______ his/her savvy in order to learn to control it.
4. Mibs notes that you can never tell who is a ________ deep inside until you get to know them.
5. Lester's voices fade whenever _______ smiles at him, Mibs notices, according to the story.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Rosemary points out that the children in the Beaumont house need to have a mother around, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Miss Rosemary is willing to take care of the children?
Part 2: Do you think that Miss Rosemary is right in thinking the children need a mother?
Part 3: How do you think the children might cope better if their mother was present?
Essay Topic 2
The children decide to get into a truck in order to get to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the children all decide to go along with Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think it's a wise idea to get into a stranger's truck?
Part 3: How do you think the children could have gotten to Salina another way?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of a savvy is something that is exciting and confusing to readers.
Part 1: What do you think a savvy is and where does it come from?
Part 2: Why do you think certain people are given savvies in their lives?
Part 3: If you could choose your savvy, what would it be and why would you choose it?
This section contains 1,384 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)