|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes loose as a result of Fish's savvy, according to the story?
2. What does Lill say that she will find for the children when she gets back in control of the situation?
3. Who has to go to the bathroom when the bus finally arrives at Carlene's house?
4. Mibs believes that the ________ she can hear from Lester are ingrained in him so that that's all he can hear too.
5. Who does Mibs drag out from under a table because she feels she needs to be able to see this person all the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Will decides to kiss Mibs when they're in the pool together, according to the book?
2. What are some of the ways that the savvies were revealed when the family gathered for grandmother's funeral, according to the book?
3. What happens at the last moment when Fish finally can control his savvy in the first part of the chapter?
4. What does Bobbi tell Mibs about Will after seeing that Will kisses Mibs in the pool, according to the book?
5. What does Mibs tell Fish when he rises as he smells a larger body of water, according to the book?
6. What happens when Mibs calls her parents to let them know she's all right, according to the book?
7. What does Lill tell Mibs as she is falling asleep that night in the hotel, according to the book?
8. What does Mibs learn from the TV report when she is resting in the back of the restaurant, according to the book?
9. What happens to Mibs when she first walks into the diner, according to the book?
10. How does Bobbi help Mibs feel less self-conscious at the start of this section, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The savvies that are given to the children don't arrive until the children are 13, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are savvies not given to children until they are 13?
Part 2: Do you think children could use their savvies at a younger age? An older age?
Part 3: What do you think the perfect age for receiving special powers might be? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Miss Rosemary points out that the children in the Beaumont house need to have a mother around, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Miss Rosemary is willing to take care of the children?
Part 2: Do you think that Miss Rosemary is right in thinking the children need a mother?
Part 3: How do you think the children might cope better if their mother was present?
Essay Topic 3
Lill points out to Mibs that there is plenty of time for boys and that she should try to take things slowly, according to the book.
Part 1: Why does Mibs have troubles with boys?
Part 2: Do you think that Lill was right in offering advice to Mibs?
Part 3: How do you think Mibs might be able to show Will her interest in him?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)