|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fish provide when he begins to realize that Bobbi and Will are onto the power of Mibs?
2. Bobbi tells Mibs to take things ___________ when it comes to an older boy, according to the story.
3. What does Mibs change into at the beginning of this section, according to the story?
4. Who does the man in the state police uniform look like when Mibs sees him coming up to their group?
5. What does Carlene do when she recognizes the children from the television station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lester tell Lill about Carlene and about the future of their relationship, according to the book?
2. Are Lester and Lill going to get into trouble for helping the children during their journey, according to the book?
3. What is the reason that Mibs gives for Lester not listening to Carlene anymore, according to the book?
4. What happens as a result of Ozzie seeing the children on the news report in the diner, according to the book?
5. How does Mibs explain her savvy to Fish when he asks her about it in the diner, according to the book?
6. What does Mibs do for the homeless man when she encounters him again, according to the book?
7. What happens when Mibs calls her parents to let them know she's all right, according to the book?
8. What happens to cause silence to spread over the children and that makes Lill concerned, according to the book?
9. What does Bobbi tell Mibs about Will after seeing that Will kisses Mibs in the pool, according to the book?
10. What happens after the paramedics arrive on the scene and talk with the children, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Everyone immediately takes to Lill when she arrives on the bus with the children, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the children see Lill as a mother figure?
Part 2: Do you think that Lill is to be trusted?
Part 3: How do you think Lill might have a soothing effect on the children?
Essay Topic 2
Miss Rosemary still tries to plan a party for Mibs on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why is the birthday party a good idea?
Part 2: Why is the birthday party a bad idea, as evidenced by the family's reaction to the plan?
Part 3: How do you think Miss Rosemary could plan a successful party?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Rosemary points out that the children in the Beaumont house need to have a mother around, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Miss Rosemary is willing to take care of the children?
Part 2: Do you think that Miss Rosemary is right in thinking the children need a mother?
Part 3: How do you think the children might cope better if their mother was present?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)