|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to take the children to Salina, according to the story?
2. What does Fish think of as Mibs is drawing a picture on his hand, according to the story?
3. Mibs looks out the window and thinks to herself that it is time for Poppa to ___________.
4. What does Mibs put on and then suddenly take off, according to the story?
5. Who leans in and bites Ozzie as they are hiding under the counter during the scuffle, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bobbi tell Mibs about Will after seeing that Will kisses Mibs in the pool, according to the book?
2. What are some of the ways that the savvies were revealed when the family gathered for grandmother's funeral, according to the book?
3. What does Mibs suddenly think in her mind when Bobbi enters the back room to check up on her, according to the book?
4. What does Lill tell Mibs as she is falling asleep that night in the hotel, according to the book?
5. Are Lester and Lill going to get into trouble for helping the children during their journey, according to the book?
6. What happens as a result of Ozzie seeing the children on the news report in the diner, according to the book?
7. What does Mibs learn from the TV report when she is resting in the back of the restaurant, according to the book?
8. Who arrives to cause chaos at the trailer during the first part of this section?
9. What does Lill suggest the children do once she learns the truth about their travels, according to the book?
10. How does Bobbi help Mibs feel less self-conscious at the start of this section, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Rosemary still tries to plan a party for Mibs on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why is the birthday party a good idea?
Part 2: Why is the birthday party a bad idea, as evidenced by the family's reaction to the plan?
Part 3: How do you think Miss Rosemary could plan a successful party?
Essay Topic 2
The Beaumont children have been home-schooled in order to avoid being a part of the regular world, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think homeschooling is a good idea for the Beaumonts?
Part 2: How might the Beaumont children thrive at a normal school?
Part 3: How might you react if the Beaumont children were in the same class as you?
Essay Topic 3
Mibs wakes up on the morning of her birthday, not feeling any difference in her life or in her savvy.
Part 1: Why do you think Mibs is disappointed by not feeling her savvy immediately?
Part 2: If you were Mibs, would you want proof of your savvy immediately?
Part 3: How do you think Mibs would have responded if her savvy had appeared suddenly?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)