|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ forgives the children for their lies, knowing that their intentions were good overall.
2. What does Mibs change into at the beginning of this section, according to the story?
3. Mibs notes that you can never tell who is a ________ deep inside until you get to know them.
4. Who is blowing a strong storm in the alley when Mibs is thinking about her mother?
5. What does Mibs put on and then suddenly take off, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mibs calls her parents to let them know she's all right, according to the book?
2. What does it mean that a person needs to scumble a savvy, according to Mibs' mother?
3. What is Mibs furious about having to hear during the entire trip, according to the book?
4. What is the reason that Mibs gives for Lester not listening to Carlene anymore, according to the book?
5. Are Lester and Lill going to get into trouble for helping the children during their journey, according to the book?
6. How does Bobbi help Mibs feel less self-conscious at the start of this section, according to the book?
7. What does Mibs do for the homeless man when she encounters him again, according to the book?
8. What are some of the ways that the savvies were revealed when the family gathered for grandmother's funeral, according to the book?
9. What does Mibs suddenly think in her mind when Bobbi enters the back room to check up on her, according to the book?
10. What happens after Will decides to kiss Mibs when they're in the pool together, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lill points out to Mibs that there is plenty of time for boys and that she should try to take things slowly, according to the book.
Part 1: Why does Mibs have troubles with boys?
Part 2: Do you think that Lill was right in offering advice to Mibs?
Part 3: How do you think Mibs might be able to show Will her interest in him?
Essay Topic 2
The children decide to get into a truck in order to get to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the children all decide to go along with Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think it's a wise idea to get into a stranger's truck?
Part 3: How do you think the children could have gotten to Salina another way?
Essay Topic 3
Mibs thinks that her savvy might be to wake people up, and she holds onto this idea for a while in the story.
Part 1: Why does Mibs decide that waking others up is her savvy?
Part 2: Do you think Mibs' savvy is something that she wants?
Part 3: How do you think you might react if you knew you had a savvy, but you weren't sure what it was?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)