|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bobbi is bored, she kicks Fish, which causes him to lose control of his savvy and ___________.
2. Mibs talks about how she doesn't have any friends, and _________ reminds Mibs they are friends.
3. Mibs' mother always points out that everyone has a hidden _________, though he/she may never realize it.
4. The family decides to move to the middle of _____________ in order to avoid causing troubles for others around them.
5. Fish notes that no should know about his/her savvies except for ________ and those who might become family.
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Poppa first learn about savvies when he was with the children's mother, according to the book?
2. What does Fish remind Mibs of when it comes to telling others about their powers, according to the book?
3. How does the Beaumont grandfather explain the gifts that run in their family, according to the book?
4. What does the family think is a bad idea, though they don't say anything about it, according to the book?
5. How does Mibs decide that she will get to Salina in order to help her father, according to the book?
6. What surprises the children when they are finally all in the bus together?
7. How do Fish and Rocket respond to the news about their father, according to the book?
8. What are the two events that cause Mibs to think they might be related to her savvy, according to the book?
9. What happens when Mibs hears words from the drawing on Will's hand, according to the book?
10. What are the two tattoos that the delivery man has on his opposing arms, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs notices that she hates her father for lapsing into a coma on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Mibs is mad at her father after his accident?
Part 2: Do you think Mibs is justified in feeling mad at her father?
Part 3: Why do you think Mibs suddenly feels guilty about her reaction?
Essay Topic 2
At times, the savvies of the children cause bad things to happen, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think savvies can create negative outcomes?
Part 2: How do you think the children can more easily control their savvies?
Part 3: Do you think it's a good idea to control an inherent power?
Essay Topic 3
The Beaumont children have been home-schooled in order to avoid being a part of the regular world, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think homeschooling is a good idea for the Beaumonts?
Part 2: How might the Beaumont children thrive at a normal school?
Part 3: How might you react if the Beaumont children were in the same class as you?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)