|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bus catches Mibs' eye as she tries to make a plan to see her father?
2. What does Mibs tell Will to do in order to help keep the voices from making her go crazy, according to the story?
3. What did Grandpa make for Momma and Poppa once it was clear they were going to be married?
4. What is the type of tattoo that Mibs' father has, as she recalls in this section of the story?
5. Bobbi claims the bus is one that's for ________, and Lill says that she will fit right in, according to the story.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mibs begin to worry about as she continues to hear things from others around her?
2. How did Poppa first learn about savvies when he was with the children's mother, according to the book?
3. Why does Mibs want to share the news about what she thinks her savvy is?
4. How does the Beaumont grandfather explain the gifts that run in their family, according to the book?
5. What happens when Mibs hears words from the drawing on Will's hand, according to the book?
6. What does Fish remind Mibs of when it comes to telling others about their powers, according to the book?
7. What does Bobbi's tattoo reveal to Mibs as she is formulating the plan, according to the book?
8. What was the savvy of Grandpa that was displayed during Rocket's thirteenth birthday, according to the book?
9. What does Mibs say to Miss Rosemary in order to talk her out of planning the party?
10. What is the special event for which Mibs is waiting in the first few pages of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Samson, though he does not have a savvy yet, can calm anyone he touches, even Mibs.
Part 1: Do you think the calming touch of Samson is his savvy?
Part 2: How do you think Samson's savvy will develop?
Part 3: Why do you think Samson is able to calm anyone down in the story?
Essay Topic 2
The children find out that they are going to have to make several stops before getting to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are the children surprised to hear there are multiple stops?
Part 2: Why do the children suddenly realize they are going to get into a lot of trouble?
Part 3: Do you think the children should have tried to go home right then?
Essay Topic 3
The children decide to get into a truck in order to get to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the children all decide to go along with Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think it's a wise idea to get into a stranger's truck?
Part 3: How do you think the children could have gotten to Salina another way?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)