|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mibs' father get the tattoo on his arm, according to the way the story is told?
2. Who arrives to ask Mibs about the sudden storm that took place when they were on the bus, according to the story?
3. Where did Momma and Poppa meet each other, according to the story?
4. The family decides to move to the middle of _____________ in order to avoid causing troubles for others around them.
5. Who hopes no one will attend the party that Miss Rosemary is planning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two tattoos that the delivery man has on his opposing arms, according to the book?
2. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
3. What happens when Mibs hears words from the drawing on Will's hand, according to the book?
4. Why does Mibs want to share the news about what she thinks her savvy is?
5. What happened after Rocket felt ill while carrying the jars of songs, according to the book?
6. What causes Lill to ask if the bus the children are on is a bus for misfit children, according to the book?
7. What does Fish remind Mibs of when it comes to telling others about their powers, according to the book?
8. How did Poppa first learn about savvies when he was with the children's mother, according to the book?
9. How does the Beaumont grandfather explain the gifts that run in their family, according to the book?
10. What does the family think is a bad idea, though they don't say anything about it, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs notices that she is upset when others begin to look at Will, according to the book.
Part 1: Why might Mibs be upset that other girls are looking at Will?
Part 2: Is Mibs' reaction normal for a girl her age?
Part 3: Do you think that Mibs likes Will as more than just a friend?
Essay Topic 2
Rocket, Mibs' brother, says that girls never get earth-shattering savvies like he has, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think girls can handle powerful savvies like Rocket's?
Part 2: Why do you think Rocket likes to point out his powerful savvy to others?
Part 3: How do you think Rocket might respond if Mibs had a powerful savvy?
Essay Topic 3
Samson, though he does not have a savvy yet, can calm anyone he touches, even Mibs.
Part 1: Do you think the calming touch of Samson is his savvy?
Part 2: How do you think Samson's savvy will develop?
Part 3: Why do you think Samson is able to calm anyone down in the story?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)