|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lester introduces himself as a ___________ who is helping the children see their sick father.
2. What do the children help Grandpa bottle at Rocket's birthday party, according to the story?
3. Mibs' mother always points out that everyone has a hidden _________, though he/she may never realize it.
4. Mibs immediately begins to confide in Lill about her __________, according to the story.
5. Fish notes that no should know about his/her savvies except for ________ and those who might become family.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened as a result of Fish receiving his savvy when he turned thirteen, according to the book?
2. What does Mibs say to Miss Rosemary in order to talk her out of planning the party?
3. Where does Poppa like to take the children until he can build them one of their own, according to the book?
4. What has Lester offered to do for Lill Kiteley when she boards the bus, according to the book?
5. What had Mibs' mother told her about her savvy when she was much younger, according to the book?
6. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
7. What is the special event for which Mibs is waiting in the first few pages of the story?
8. How did Poppa first learn about savvies when he was with the children's mother, according to the book?
9. What does Will present to Mibs for her birthday present, according to the book?
10. What are the two tattoos that the delivery man has on his opposing arms, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs notices that she hates her father for lapsing into a coma on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Mibs is mad at her father after his accident?
Part 2: Do you think Mibs is justified in feeling mad at her father?
Part 3: Why do you think Mibs suddenly feels guilty about her reaction?
Essay Topic 2
Mibs is made fun of by other girls who are her age, which upsets her, though she is accustomed to it.
Part 1: Why would other girls Mibs' age make fun of her?
Part 2: If Mibs went to school, do you think she would still have troubles with teasing?
Part 3: How do you think the teasing might impact Mibs?
Essay Topic 3
Samson, though he does not have a savvy yet, can calm anyone he touches, even Mibs.
Part 1: Do you think the calming touch of Samson is his savvy?
Part 2: How do you think Samson's savvy will develop?
Part 3: Why do you think Samson is able to calm anyone down in the story?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)