|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bobbi is bored, she kicks Fish, which causes him to lose control of his savvy and ___________.
2. What did Grandpa make for Momma and Poppa once it was clear they were going to be married?
3. Grandpa actually claims to have created ___________, in one of his stories to others.
4. What does Fish create once he hears about his father's condition?
5. What is the hospital where Poppa is being cared for, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
2. What does Will present to Mibs for her birthday present, according to the book?
3. What happens when Mibs hears words from the drawing on Will's hand, according to the book?
4. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
5. Where does Poppa like to take the children until he can build them one of their own, according to the book?
6. How does the Beaumont grandfather explain the gifts that run in their family, according to the book?
7. What are the thoughts that keep Mibs awake at night during the story?
8. Why has Miss Rosemary come to stay with the Beaumont family?
9. What are the two events that cause Mibs to think they might be related to her savvy, according to the book?
10. How do Fish and Rocket respond to the news about their father, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The savvies that are given to the children don't arrive until the children are 13, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are savvies not given to children until they are 13?
Part 2: Do you think children could use their savvies at a younger age? An older age?
Part 3: What do you think the perfect age for receiving special powers might be? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Mibs notices that she is upset when others begin to look at Will, according to the book.
Part 1: Why might Mibs be upset that other girls are looking at Will?
Part 2: Is Mibs' reaction normal for a girl her age?
Part 3: Do you think that Mibs likes Will as more than just a friend?
Essay Topic 3
Mibs is made fun of by other girls who are her age, which upsets her, though she is accustomed to it.
Part 1: Why would other girls Mibs' age make fun of her?
Part 2: If Mibs went to school, do you think she would still have troubles with teasing?
Part 3: How do you think the teasing might impact Mibs?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)