|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to defend Mibs, thinking that Will has done something to hurt her, according to the story?
2. Where does Lester promise to drive Lill when she is taken onto the bus, according to the story?
3. How old does a child have to be in the Beaumont family in order to receive his/her savvy?
4. Where was Lill going when she encountered a stall with her car, according to the story?
5. What does Mibs tell Will to do in order to help keep the voices from making her go crazy, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mibs hears words from the drawing on Will's hand, according to the book?
2. How does the Beaumont grandfather explain the gifts that run in their family, according to the book?
3. What had Mibs' mother told her about her savvy when she was much younger, according to the book?
4. What is the surprising news the children hear about the trip on the bus, according to the book?
5. What does Bobbi's tattoo reveal to Mibs as she is formulating the plan, according to the book?
6. What was the savvy of Grandpa that was displayed during Rocket's thirteenth birthday, according to the book?
7. How do Fish and Rocket respond to the news about their father, according to the book?
8. What does Mibs begin to worry about as she continues to hear things from others around her?
9. What are the thoughts that keep Mibs awake at night during the story?
10. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs begins to experience her savvy when she sees pictures or tattoos, according to the book.
Part 1: How would you describe the savvy of Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think you would want the savvy that Mibs has?
Part 3: Why do you think Mibs doesn't understand her savvy at first?
Essay Topic 2
Mibs notices that she is upset when others begin to look at Will, according to the book.
Part 1: Why might Mibs be upset that other girls are looking at Will?
Part 2: Is Mibs' reaction normal for a girl her age?
Part 3: Do you think that Mibs likes Will as more than just a friend?
Essay Topic 3
The Beaumont children have been home-schooled in order to avoid being a part of the regular world, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think homeschooling is a good idea for the Beaumonts?
Part 2: How might the Beaumont children thrive at a normal school?
Part 3: How might you react if the Beaumont children were in the same class as you?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)