|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mibs is able to block out the voices of the tattoos when Samson ___________ her, according to the story.
2. Who scratches at Fish as they try to defend Mibs during this scene of the story?
3. Whose tattoo ends up telling Mibs that someone else is worried about Mibs and whether she is all right?
4. Who explains to Mibs about why the Beaumont children have their special powers, according to the story?
5. What do the children help Grandpa bottle at Rocket's birthday party, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Poppa like to take the children until he can build them one of their own, according to the book?
2. What is the special event for which Mibs is waiting in the first few pages of the story?
3. What does Bobbi's tattoo reveal to Mibs as she is formulating the plan, according to the book?
4. What was the savvy of Grandpa that was displayed during Rocket's thirteenth birthday, according to the book?
5. What does Mibs begin to worry about as she continues to hear things from others around her?
6. Why is Mibs self-conscious about the dress she is wearing, even though Lill compliments her on it, according to the book?
7. How does the Beaumont grandfather explain the gifts that run in their family, according to the book?
8. What happened as a result of Fish receiving his savvy when he turned thirteen, according to the book?
9. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
10. What surprises the children when they are finally all in the bus together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs begins to experience her savvy when she sees pictures or tattoos, according to the book.
Part 1: How would you describe the savvy of Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think you would want the savvy that Mibs has?
Part 3: Why do you think Mibs doesn't understand her savvy at first?
Essay Topic 2
Mibs is made fun of by other girls who are her age, which upsets her, though she is accustomed to it.
Part 1: Why would other girls Mibs' age make fun of her?
Part 2: If Mibs went to school, do you think she would still have troubles with teasing?
Part 3: How do you think the teasing might impact Mibs?
Essay Topic 3
The Beaumont children have been home-schooled in order to avoid being a part of the regular world, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think homeschooling is a good idea for the Beaumonts?
Part 2: How might the Beaumont children thrive at a normal school?
Part 3: How might you react if the Beaumont children were in the same class as you?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)