|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tattoo does Bobbi have, which causes Mibs to think about her differently?
2. Who does Mibs suddenly begin to cry for in the back of the bus, according to the story?
3. What is the color of the dress that Mibs decides to wear for her special day?
4. What happens as a result of Rocket's savvy coming on during his birthday party?
5. Rocket claims that _________ never get earth-shattering savvies like the ones he and his brothers have.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
2. What causes Lill to ask if the bus the children are on is a bus for misfit children, according to the book?
3. What does the family think is a bad idea, though they don't say anything about it, according to the book?
4. What are the two events that cause Mibs to think they might be related to her savvy, according to the book?
5. What are the two tattoos that the delivery man has on his opposing arms, according to the book?
6. What happened as a result of Fish receiving his savvy when he turned thirteen, according to the book?
7. Why has Miss Rosemary come to stay with the Beaumont family?
8. What are the thoughts that keep Mibs awake at night during the story?
9. What happened after Rocket felt ill while carrying the jars of songs, according to the book?
10. What does Bobbi's tattoo reveal to Mibs as she is formulating the plan, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At times, the savvies of the children cause bad things to happen, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think savvies can create negative outcomes?
Part 2: How do you think the children can more easily control their savvies?
Part 3: Do you think it's a good idea to control an inherent power?
Essay Topic 2
Miss Rosemary points out that the children in the Beaumont house need to have a mother around, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Miss Rosemary is willing to take care of the children?
Part 2: Do you think that Miss Rosemary is right in thinking the children need a mother?
Part 3: How do you think the children might cope better if their mother was present?
Essay Topic 3
Mibs is made fun of by other girls who are her age, which upsets her, though she is accustomed to it.
Part 1: Why would other girls Mibs' age make fun of her?
Part 2: If Mibs went to school, do you think she would still have troubles with teasing?
Part 3: How do you think the teasing might impact Mibs?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)