|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the children see come out of the church, so they decide to duck down and hide in the bus?
2. Who explains to Mibs about why the Beaumont children have their special powers, according to the story?
3. Who talks to the other children in order to share that they are hungry and they need to eat?
4. Mibs explains to the delivery man that they only need a ride to __________.
5. The group begins to realize just how much __________ they are in, according to the story.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mibs self-conscious about the dress she is wearing, even though Lill compliments her on it, according to the book?
2. Why has Miss Rosemary come to stay with the Beaumont family?
3. What happened after Rocket felt ill while carrying the jars of songs, according to the book?
4. Why does Mibs want to share the news about what she thinks her savvy is?
5. What was the savvy of Grandpa that was displayed during Rocket's thirteenth birthday, according to the book?
6. What happened as a result of Fish receiving his savvy when he turned thirteen, according to the book?
7. How does the Beaumont grandfather explain the gifts that run in their family, according to the book?
8. How did Poppa first learn about savvies when he was with the children's mother, according to the book?
9. What does Bobbi's tattoo reveal to Mibs as she is formulating the plan, according to the book?
10. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Rosemary still tries to plan a party for Mibs on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why is the birthday party a good idea?
Part 2: Why is the birthday party a bad idea, as evidenced by the family's reaction to the plan?
Part 3: How do you think Miss Rosemary could plan a successful party?
Essay Topic 2
Mibs notices that she is upset when others begin to look at Will, according to the book.
Part 1: Why might Mibs be upset that other girls are looking at Will?
Part 2: Is Mibs' reaction normal for a girl her age?
Part 3: Do you think that Mibs likes Will as more than just a friend?
Essay Topic 3
The children find out that they are going to have to make several stops before getting to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are the children surprised to hear there are multiple stops?
Part 2: Why do the children suddenly realize they are going to get into a lot of trouble?
Part 3: Do you think the children should have tried to go home right then?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)