|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will threaten to tell others about Bobbi when they board the bus?
2. What happens to the children once their special powers arrive?
3. Mibs talks about how she doesn't have any friends, and _________ reminds Mibs they are friends.
4. What does Mibs remember about her father regarding the desire he had to build a _________ for the family.
5. What is the hospital where Poppa is being cared for, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mibs ask Bobbi when she admits that she wants to kiss Rocket, according to the book?
2. What happened after Rocket felt ill while carrying the jars of songs, according to the book?
3. Are Lester and Lill going to get into trouble for helping the children during their journey, according to the book?
4. Why is Mibs self-conscious about the dress she is wearing, even though Lill compliments her on it, according to the book?
5. How does Mibs decide that she will get to Salina in order to help her father, according to the book?
6. What does the family think is a bad idea, though they don't say anything about it, according to the book?
7. What is Mibs' response when Rocket asks Mibs about her savvy at the end of the story, according to the book?
8. What causes Lill to ask if the bus the children are on is a bus for misfit children, according to the book?
9. What are the two tattoos that the delivery man has on his opposing arms, according to the book?
10. What is the reason that Mibs gives for Lester not listening to Carlene anymore, according to the book?
Essay Topic 1
Mibs notices that she hates her father for lapsing into a coma on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Mibs is mad at her father after his accident?
Part 2: Do you think Mibs is justified in feeling mad at her father?
Part 3: Why do you think Mibs suddenly feels guilty about her reaction?
Essay Topic 2
Mibs' mother points out that while she always did things perfectly, that often meant she was lonely.
Part 1: Why do you think being perfect scares other people away?
Part 2: Would you want to be perfect in everything you did?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible for a person to be or to seem perfect?
Essay Topic 3
Mibs notices that she is upset when others begin to look at Will, according to the book.
Part 1: Why might Mibs be upset that other girls are looking at Will?
Part 2: Is Mibs' reaction normal for a girl her age?
Part 3: Do you think that Mibs likes Will as more than just a friend?
This section contains 1,817 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)