|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Beaumonts' special powers are inherited by ___________, according to the story.
2. Mibs immediately begins to confide in Lill about her __________, according to the story.
3. What is the hospital where Poppa is being cared for, according to the story?
4. Who decides to defend Mibs, thinking that Will has done something to hurt her, according to the story?
5. Rocket's power is the power of ___________, according to the story and this can get him into trouble.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bobbi tell Mibs about Will after seeing that Will kisses Mibs in the pool, according to the book?
2. What does Lester tell Lill about Carlene and about the future of their relationship, according to the book?
3. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
4. Where does Lester choose to sleep when they have finally secured two rooms at a hotel, according to the book?
5. What had Mibs' mother told her about her savvy when she was much younger, according to the book?
6. What are some of the ways that the savvies were revealed when the family gathered for grandmother's funeral, according to the book?
7. What causes Lill to ask if the bus the children are on is a bus for misfit children, according to the book?
8. What does it mean that a person needs to scumble a savvy, according to Mibs' mother?
9. What are the thoughts that keep Mibs awake at night during the story?
10. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs thinks that her savvy might be to wake people up, and she holds onto this idea for a while in the story.
Part 1: Why does Mibs decide that waking others up is her savvy?
Part 2: Do you think Mibs' savvy is something that she wants?
Part 3: How do you think you might react if you knew you had a savvy, but you weren't sure what it was?
Essay Topic 2
The children find out that they are going to have to make several stops before getting to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are the children surprised to hear there are multiple stops?
Part 2: Why do the children suddenly realize they are going to get into a lot of trouble?
Part 3: Do you think the children should have tried to go home right then?
Essay Topic 3
Mibs notices that she is upset when others begin to look at Will, according to the book.
Part 1: Why might Mibs be upset that other girls are looking at Will?
Part 2: Is Mibs' reaction normal for a girl her age?
Part 3: Do you think that Mibs likes Will as more than just a friend?
This section contains 1,790 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)