|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mibs hide after hearing words from the picture she's drawn on Will?
2. Where does Lester promise to drive Lill when she is taken onto the bus, according to the story?
3. What kind of pet does Samson have that was hibernating, but awakens when Mibs wakes up one morning?
4. Bobbi claims the bus is one that's for ________, and Lill says that she will fit right in, according to the story.
5. Lester has several stops in _________ before he will be making his way to Salina.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
2. What is the surprising news the children hear about the trip on the bus, according to the book?
3. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
4. What causes Lill to ask if the bus the children are on is a bus for misfit children, according to the book?
5. How does Mibs decide that she will get to Salina in order to help her father, according to the book?
6. What was the savvy of Grandpa that was displayed during Rocket's thirteenth birthday, according to the book?
7. Why does Mibs want to share the news about what she thinks her savvy is?
8. What does Fish remind Mibs of when it comes to telling others about their powers, according to the book?
9. What does Will present to Mibs for her birthday present, according to the book?
10. What had Mibs' mother told her about her savvy when she was much younger, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs notices that she is upset when others begin to look at Will, according to the book.
Part 1: Why might Mibs be upset that other girls are looking at Will?
Part 2: Is Mibs' reaction normal for a girl her age?
Part 3: Do you think that Mibs likes Will as more than just a friend?
Essay Topic 2
At times, the savvies of the children cause bad things to happen, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think savvies can create negative outcomes?
Part 2: How do you think the children can more easily control their savvies?
Part 3: Do you think it's a good idea to control an inherent power?
Essay Topic 3
Samson, though he does not have a savvy yet, can calm anyone he touches, even Mibs.
Part 1: Do you think the calming touch of Samson is his savvy?
Part 2: How do you think Samson's savvy will develop?
Part 3: Why do you think Samson is able to calm anyone down in the story?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)