Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will threaten to tell others about Bobbi when they board the bus?
2. What happens to the children once their special powers arrive?
3. Mibs talks about how she doesn't have any friends, and _________ reminds Mibs they are friends.
4. What does Mibs remember about her father regarding the desire he had to build a _________ for the family.
5. What is the hospital where Poppa is being cared for, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mibs ask Bobbi when she admits that she wants to kiss Rocket, according to the book?
2. What happened after Rocket felt ill while carrying the jars of songs, according to the book?
3. Are Lester and Lill going to get into trouble for helping the children during their journey, according to the book?
4. Why is Mibs self-conscious about the dress she is wearing, even though Lill compliments her on it, according to the book?
5. How does Mibs decide that she will get to Salina in order to help her father, according to the book?
6. What does the family think is a bad idea, though they don't say anything about it, according to the book?
7. What is Mibs' response when Rocket asks Mibs about her savvy at the end of the story, according to the book?
8. What causes Lill to ask if the bus the children are on is a bus for misfit children, according to the book?
9. What are the two tattoos that the delivery man has on his opposing arms, according to the book?
10. What is the reason that Mibs gives for Lester not listening to Carlene anymore, according to the book?
Essay Topic 1
The deliveryman begins by arguing with the children, but then decides to help them when he hears their story.
Part 1: Why do you think the deliveryman is mad at the children?
Part 2: Do you think the deliveryman should have taken the children back home?
Part 3: How do you think the deliveryman could have helped the children, while still letting others know they were safe?
Essay Topic 2
The concept of a savvy is something that is exciting and confusing to readers.
Part 1: What do you think a savvy is and where does it come from?
Part 2: Why do you think certain people are given savvies in their lives?
Part 3: If you could choose your savvy, what would it be and why would you choose it?
Essay Topic 3
The Beaumont children have been home-schooled in order to avoid being a part of the regular world, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think homeschooling is a good idea for the Beaumonts?
Part 2: How might the Beaumont children thrive at a normal school?
Part 3: How might you react if the Beaumont children were in the same class as you?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)