|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to ask Mibs about the sudden storm that took place when they were on the bus, according to the story?
2. What do the children help Grandpa bottle at Rocket's birthday party, according to the story?
3. Grandpa has the power to move and create _________, according to the story.
4. When did Mibs' father get the tattoo on his arm, according to the way the story is told?
5. What is the type of tattoo that Mibs' father has, as she recalls in this section of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Rocket felt ill while carrying the jars of songs, according to the book?
2. What has Lester offered to do for Lill Kiteley when she boards the bus, according to the book?
3. What is the surprising news the children hear about the trip on the bus, according to the book?
4. What had Mibs' mother told her about her savvy when she was much younger, according to the book?
5. How did Poppa first learn about savvies when he was with the children's mother, according to the book?
6. What does Mibs begin to worry about as she continues to hear things from others around her?
7. Why does Mibs want to share the news about what she thinks her savvy is?
8. What happened as a result of Fish receiving his savvy when he turned thirteen, according to the book?
9. What was the savvy of Grandpa that was displayed during Rocket's thirteenth birthday, according to the book?
10. What does Will present to Mibs for her birthday present, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rocket, Mibs' brother, says that girls never get earth-shattering savvies like he has, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think girls can handle powerful savvies like Rocket's?
Part 2: Why do you think Rocket likes to point out his powerful savvy to others?
Part 3: How do you think Rocket might respond if Mibs had a powerful savvy?
Essay Topic 2
Everyone immediately takes to Lill when she arrives on the bus with the children, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the children see Lill as a mother figure?
Part 2: Do you think that Lill is to be trusted?
Part 3: How do you think Lill might have a soothing effect on the children?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Rosemary points out that the children in the Beaumont house need to have a mother around, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Miss Rosemary is willing to take care of the children?
Part 2: Do you think that Miss Rosemary is right in thinking the children need a mother?
Part 3: How do you think the children might cope better if their mother was present?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)