|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who grabs Mibs before she walks into her party and reminds her of the danger that might be present?
2. What is the age that Lill points out as being a tough age, when Lill and Mibs are talking together?
3. What does Rocket cause to explode after hearing about the health of his father, according to the story?
4. Who is tasked with carrying the jars when he/she begins to feel ill?
5. Mibs' mother always points out that everyone has a hidden _________, though he/she may never realize it.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
2. What does Will present to Mibs for her birthday present, according to the book?
3. What are the two tattoos that the delivery man has on his opposing arms, according to the book?
4. Why is Mibs self-conscious about the dress she is wearing, even though Lill compliments her on it, according to the book?
5. How does the Beaumont grandfather explain the gifts that run in their family, according to the book?
6. How does Mibs decide that she will get to Salina in order to help her father, according to the book?
7. What is the surprising news the children hear about the trip on the bus, according to the book?
8. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
9. Who are the women's voices in Mibs' head that are arguing, according to the book?
10. What happened after Rocket felt ill while carrying the jars of songs, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At times, the savvies of the children cause bad things to happen, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think savvies can create negative outcomes?
Part 2: How do you think the children can more easily control their savvies?
Part 3: Do you think it's a good idea to control an inherent power?
Essay Topic 2
Lill points out to Mibs that there is plenty of time for boys and that she should try to take things slowly, according to the book.
Part 1: Why does Mibs have troubles with boys?
Part 2: Do you think that Lill was right in offering advice to Mibs?
Part 3: How do you think Mibs might be able to show Will her interest in him?
Essay Topic 3
The Beaumont children have been home-schooled in order to avoid being a part of the regular world, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think homeschooling is a good idea for the Beaumonts?
Part 2: How might the Beaumont children thrive at a normal school?
Part 3: How might you react if the Beaumont children were in the same class as you?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)