Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will threaten to tell others about Bobbi when they board the bus?
2. What happens to the children once their special powers arrive?
3. Mibs talks about how she doesn't have any friends, and _________ reminds Mibs they are friends.
4. What does Mibs remember about her father regarding the desire he had to build a _________ for the family.
5. What is the hospital where Poppa is being cared for, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mibs ask Bobbi when she admits that she wants to kiss Rocket, according to the book?
2. What happened after Rocket felt ill while carrying the jars of songs, according to the book?
3. Are Lester and Lill going to get into trouble for helping the children during their journey, according to the book?
4. Why is Mibs self-conscious about the dress she is wearing, even though Lill compliments her on it, according to the book?
5. How does Mibs decide that she will get to Salina in order to help her father, according to the book?
6. What does the family think is a bad idea, though they don't say anything about it, according to the book?
7. What is Mibs' response when Rocket asks Mibs about her savvy at the end of the story, according to the book?
8. What causes Lill to ask if the bus the children are on is a bus for misfit children, according to the book?
9. What are the two tattoos that the delivery man has on his opposing arms, according to the book?
10. What is the reason that Mibs gives for Lester not listening to Carlene anymore, according to the book?
Mibs is made fun of by other girls who are her age, which upsets her, though she is accustomed to it.
Part 1: Why would other girls Mibs' age make fun of her?
Part 2: If Mibs went to school, do you think she would still have troubles with teasing?
Part 3: How do you think the teasing might impact Mibs?
Lill points out to Mibs that there is plenty of time for boys and that she should try to take things slowly, according to the book.
Part 1: Why does Mibs have troubles with boys?
Part 2: Do you think that Lill was right in offering advice to Mibs?
Part 3: How do you think Mibs might be able to show Will her interest in him?
Rocket, Mibs' brother, says that girls never get earth-shattering savvies like he has, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think girls can handle powerful savvies like Rocket's?
Part 2: Why do you think Rocket likes to point out his powerful savvy to others?
Part 3: How do you think Rocket might respond if Mibs had a powerful savvy?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)