|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who grabs Mibs before she walks into her party and reminds her of the danger that might be present?
2. Mibs is upset with her father because he has ruined her _________, though she eventually sees how selfish this is.
3. Lill notices some of the children are injured and asks if this is a bus for ___________, according to the story.
4. Mibs talks about how she doesn't have any friends, and _________ reminds Mibs they are friends.
5. What is the hospital where Poppa is being cared for, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mibs decide that she will get to Salina in order to help her father, according to the book?
2. What are the two events that cause Mibs to think they might be related to her savvy, according to the book?
3. What does Fish remind Mibs of when it comes to telling others about their powers, according to the book?
4. What had Mibs' mother told her about her savvy when she was much younger, according to the book?
5. What are the two tattoos that the delivery man has on his opposing arms, according to the book?
6. What does Will present to Mibs for her birthday present, according to the book?
7. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
8. Why does Mibs want to share the news about what she thinks her savvy is?
9. What happened as a result of Fish receiving his savvy when he turned thirteen, according to the book?
10. Why has Miss Rosemary come to stay with the Beaumont family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs is made fun of by other girls who are her age, which upsets her, though she is accustomed to it.
Part 1: Why would other girls Mibs' age make fun of her?
Part 2: If Mibs went to school, do you think she would still have troubles with teasing?
Part 3: How do you think the teasing might impact Mibs?
Essay Topic 2
The Beaumont children have been home-schooled in order to avoid being a part of the regular world, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think homeschooling is a good idea for the Beaumonts?
Part 2: How might the Beaumont children thrive at a normal school?
Part 3: How might you react if the Beaumont children were in the same class as you?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Rosemary still tries to plan a party for Mibs on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why is the birthday party a good idea?
Part 2: Why is the birthday party a bad idea, as evidenced by the family's reaction to the plan?
Part 3: How do you think Miss Rosemary could plan a successful party?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)