|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hopes no one will attend the party that Miss Rosemary is planning?
2. In what town does Mibs decide to move away from the group in order to avoid the talking tattoos?
3. What does Mibs tell Will to do in order to help keep the voices from making her go crazy, according to the story?
4. Mibs talks about how she doesn't have any friends, and _________ reminds Mibs they are friends.
5. What does Mibs remember about her father regarding the desire he had to build a _________ for the family.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the family think is a bad idea, though they don't say anything about it, according to the book?
2. What happens when Mibs hears words from the drawing on Will's hand, according to the book?
3. What causes Lill to ask if the bus the children are on is a bus for misfit children, according to the book?
4. How does Mibs decide that she will get to Salina in order to help her father, according to the book?
5. What does Mibs say to Miss Rosemary in order to talk her out of planning the party?
6. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
7. What is the surprising news the children hear about the trip on the bus, according to the book?
8. What was the savvy of Grandpa that was displayed during Rocket's thirteenth birthday, according to the book?
9. How did Poppa first learn about savvies when he was with the children's mother, according to the book?
10. Where does Poppa like to take the children until he can build them one of their own, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The deliveryman begins by arguing with the children, but then decides to help them when he hears their story.
Part 1: Why do you think the deliveryman is mad at the children?
Part 2: Do you think the deliveryman should have taken the children back home?
Part 3: How do you think the deliveryman could have helped the children, while still letting others know they were safe?
Essay Topic 2
Miss Rosemary still tries to plan a party for Mibs on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why is the birthday party a good idea?
Part 2: Why is the birthday party a bad idea, as evidenced by the family's reaction to the plan?
Part 3: How do you think Miss Rosemary could plan a successful party?
Essay Topic 3
The children decide to get into a truck in order to get to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the children all decide to go along with Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think it's a wise idea to get into a stranger's truck?
Part 3: How do you think the children could have gotten to Salina another way?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)