|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pet does Samson have that was hibernating, but awakens when Mibs wakes up one morning?
2. A _________ is an outstanding power that is given to every child in the Beaumont family on a particular birthday.
3. What does Mibs think is her savvy at this point in the story, and she tries to explain this to the others?
4. Who is chastised for making fun of her mother as she is told she will need to attend the party?
5. Who is the person that helps Fish reign in his savvy, with just a single touch, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mibs' response when Rocket asks Mibs about her savvy at the end of the story, according to the book?
2. What does Mibs begin to worry about as she continues to hear things from others around her?
3. What does Mibs ask Bobbi when she admits that she wants to kiss Rocket, according to the book?
4. What does Mibs say to Miss Rosemary in order to talk her out of planning the party?
5. What happens after the paramedics arrive on the scene and talk with the children, according to the book?
6. What is Mibs furious about having to hear during the entire trip, according to the book?
7. What does Mibs suddenly think in her mind when Bobbi enters the back room to check up on her, according to the book?
8. Why is Mibs self-conscious about the dress she is wearing, even though Lill compliments her on it, according to the book?
9. Are Lester and Lill going to get into trouble for helping the children during their journey, according to the book?
10. What are the two tattoos that the delivery man has on his opposing arms, according to the book?
Essay Topic 1
The deliveryman begins by arguing with the children, but then decides to help them when he hears their story.
Part 1: Why do you think the deliveryman is mad at the children?
Part 2: Do you think the deliveryman should have taken the children back home?
Part 3: How do you think the deliveryman could have helped the children, while still letting others know they were safe?
Essay Topic 2
The concept of a savvy is something that is exciting and confusing to readers.
Part 1: What do you think a savvy is and where does it come from?
Part 2: Why do you think certain people are given savvies in their lives?
Part 3: If you could choose your savvy, what would it be and why would you choose it?
Essay Topic 3
Mibs notices that she is upset when others begin to look at Will, according to the book.
Part 1: Why might Mibs be upset that other girls are looking at Will?
Part 2: Is Mibs' reaction normal for a girl her age?
Part 3: Do you think that Mibs likes Will as more than just a friend?
This section contains 1,818 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)