|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mibs explains to the delivery man that they only need a ride to __________.
2. Mibs has learned how to push away the voices of the __________ at school, so she approached the inner voices the same way.
3. Who grabs Mibs before she walks into her party and reminds her of the danger that might be present?
4. Who is the person that helps Fish reign in his savvy, with just a single touch, according to the story?
5. Mibs wonders if all the __________ are simply just a sign of a mental disease that she didn't realize she'd had before.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the surprising news the children hear about the trip on the bus, according to the book?
2. What is the special event for which Mibs is waiting in the first few pages of the story?
3. What causes Lill to ask if the bus the children are on is a bus for misfit children, according to the book?
4. What does Bobbi's tattoo reveal to Mibs as she is formulating the plan, according to the book?
5. Why does Mibs want to share the news about what she thinks her savvy is?
6. What does Fish remind Mibs of when it comes to telling others about their powers, according to the book?
7. What does Will present to Mibs for her birthday present, according to the book?
8. What are the two tattoos that the delivery man has on his opposing arms, according to the book?
9. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
10. What does the family think is a bad idea, though they don't say anything about it, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs' mother points out that while she always did things perfectly, that often meant she was lonely.
Part 1: Why do you think being perfect scares other people away?
Part 2: Would you want to be perfect in everything you did?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible for a person to be or to seem perfect?
Essay Topic 2
Mibs thinks that her savvy might be to wake people up, and she holds onto this idea for a while in the story.
Part 1: Why does Mibs decide that waking others up is her savvy?
Part 2: Do you think Mibs' savvy is something that she wants?
Part 3: How do you think you might react if you knew you had a savvy, but you weren't sure what it was?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of a savvy is something that is exciting and confusing to readers.
Part 1: What do you think a savvy is and where does it come from?
Part 2: Why do you think certain people are given savvies in their lives?
Part 3: If you could choose your savvy, what would it be and why would you choose it?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)