|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mibs tells Will that she has to get to _________, according to the story.
2. How old does a child have to be in the Beaumont family in order to receive his/her savvy?
3. Lill points out that ________ is quite the catch, according to her opinion when talking with Mibs.
4. What does Fish create once he hears about his father's condition?
5. What does Miss Rosemary want to plan, though the others think it may be a bad idea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the thoughts that keep Mibs awake at night during the story?
2. How do Fish and Rocket respond to the news about their father, according to the book?
3. What surprises the children when they are finally all in the bus together?
4. What is the surprising news the children hear about the trip on the bus, according to the book?
5. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
6. How did Poppa first learn about savvies when he was with the children's mother, according to the book?
7. What does Will present to Mibs for her birthday present, according to the book?
8. Why does Mibs want to share the news about what she thinks her savvy is?
9. What was the savvy of Grandpa that was displayed during Rocket's thirteenth birthday, according to the book?
10. Why has Miss Rosemary come to stay with the Beaumont family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of a savvy is something that is exciting and confusing to readers.
Part 1: What do you think a savvy is and where does it come from?
Part 2: Why do you think certain people are given savvies in their lives?
Part 3: If you could choose your savvy, what would it be and why would you choose it?
Essay Topic 2
Rocket, Mibs' brother, says that girls never get earth-shattering savvies like he has, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think girls can handle powerful savvies like Rocket's?
Part 2: Why do you think Rocket likes to point out his powerful savvy to others?
Part 3: How do you think Rocket might respond if Mibs had a powerful savvy?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Rosemary points out that the children in the Beaumont house need to have a mother around, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Miss Rosemary is willing to take care of the children?
Part 2: Do you think that Miss Rosemary is right in thinking the children need a mother?
Part 3: How do you think the children might cope better if their mother was present?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)