|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is chastised for making fun of her mother as she is told she will need to attend the party?
2. What happens as a result of Rocket's savvy coming on during his birthday party?
3. Who grabs Mibs before she walks into her party and reminds her of the danger that might be present?
4. Fish notes that no should know about his/her savvies except for ________ and those who might become family.
5. What did Grandpa make for Momma and Poppa once it was clear they were going to be married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the women's voices in Mibs' head that are arguing, according to the book?
2. What is the surprising news the children hear about the trip on the bus, according to the book?
3. How does Mibs decide that she will get to Salina in order to help her father, according to the book?
4. What does Will present to Mibs for her birthday present, according to the book?
5. What happens when Mibs hears words from the drawing on Will's hand, according to the book?
6. What is the special event for which Mibs is waiting in the first few pages of the story?
7. What does Fish remind Mibs of when it comes to telling others about their powers, according to the book?
8. Where does Poppa like to take the children until he can build them one of their own, according to the book?
9. What does the family think is a bad idea, though they don't say anything about it, according to the book?
10. Why has Miss Rosemary come to stay with the Beaumont family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The deliveryman begins by arguing with the children, but then decides to help them when he hears their story.
Part 1: Why do you think the deliveryman is mad at the children?
Part 2: Do you think the deliveryman should have taken the children back home?
Part 3: How do you think the deliveryman could have helped the children, while still letting others know they were safe?
Essay Topic 2
The children decide to get into a truck in order to get to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the children all decide to go along with Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think it's a wise idea to get into a stranger's truck?
Part 3: How do you think the children could have gotten to Salina another way?
Essay Topic 3
Mibs is made fun of by other girls who are her age, which upsets her, though she is accustomed to it.
Part 1: Why would other girls Mibs' age make fun of her?
Part 2: If Mibs went to school, do you think she would still have troubles with teasing?
Part 3: How do you think the teasing might impact Mibs?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)