|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is going to go with mother to see Poppa in the hospital?
2. The family decides to move to the middle of _____________ in order to avoid causing troubles for others around them.
3. Who is chastised for making fun of her mother as she is told she will need to attend the party?
4. Lill points out that ________ is quite the catch, according to her opinion when talking with Mibs.
5. Who is tasked with carrying the jars when he/she begins to feel ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
2. What is the surprising news the children hear about the trip on the bus, according to the book?
3. What was the savvy of Grandpa that was displayed during Rocket's thirteenth birthday, according to the book?
4. Why has Miss Rosemary come to stay with the Beaumont family?
5. What happens when Mibs hears words from the drawing on Will's hand, according to the book?
6. What surprises the children when they are finally all in the bus together?
7. How does the Beaumont grandfather explain the gifts that run in their family, according to the book?
8. What is the special event for which Mibs is waiting in the first few pages of the story?
9. Why does Mibs want to share the news about what she thinks her savvy is?
10. What does Mibs say to Miss Rosemary in order to talk her out of planning the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The children find out that they are going to have to make several stops before getting to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are the children surprised to hear there are multiple stops?
Part 2: Why do the children suddenly realize they are going to get into a lot of trouble?
Part 3: Do you think the children should have tried to go home right then?
Essay Topic 2
Rocket, Mibs' brother, says that girls never get earth-shattering savvies like he has, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think girls can handle powerful savvies like Rocket's?
Part 2: Why do you think Rocket likes to point out his powerful savvy to others?
Part 3: How do you think Rocket might respond if Mibs had a powerful savvy?
Essay Topic 3
Mibs' mother points out that while she always did things perfectly, that often meant she was lonely.
Part 1: Why do you think being perfect scares other people away?
Part 2: Would you want to be perfect in everything you did?
Part 3: Do you think it's possible for a person to be or to seem perfect?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)