|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to defend Mibs, thinking that Will has done something to hurt her, according to the story?
2. What does Mibs think is her savvy at this point in the story, and she tries to explain this to the others?
3. What did Grandpa make for Momma and Poppa once it was clear they were going to be married?
4. Who is chastised for making fun of her mother as she is told she will need to attend the party?
5. Rocket claims that _________ never get earth-shattering savvies like the ones he and his brothers have.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Will decides to kiss Mibs when they're in the pool together, according to the book?
2. What does Fish remind Mibs of when it comes to telling others about their powers, according to the book?
3. What does Mibs ask Bobbi when she admits that she wants to kiss Rocket, according to the book?
4. What interrupts Momma from being able to hear the whole story of Mibs' savvy, according to the book?
5. What happened as a result of Fish receiving his savvy when he turned thirteen, according to the book?
6. Where does Poppa like to take the children until he can build them one of their own, according to the book?
7. What does Bobbi tell Mibs about Will after seeing that Will kisses Mibs in the pool, according to the book?
8. What does Mibs learn from the TV report when she is resting in the back of the restaurant, according to the book?
9. What is the reason that Mibs gives for Lester not listening to Carlene anymore, according to the book?
10. How do Fish and Rocket respond to the news about their father, according to the book?
Essay Topic 1
The Beaumont children have been home-schooled in order to avoid being a part of the regular world, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think homeschooling is a good idea for the Beaumonts?
Part 2: How might the Beaumont children thrive at a normal school?
Part 3: How might you react if the Beaumont children were in the same class as you?
Essay Topic 2
The deliveryman begins by arguing with the children, but then decides to help them when he hears their story.
Part 1: Why do you think the deliveryman is mad at the children?
Part 2: Do you think the deliveryman should have taken the children back home?
Part 3: How do you think the deliveryman could have helped the children, while still letting others know they were safe?
Essay Topic 3
The children decide to get into a truck in order to get to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the children all decide to go along with Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think it's a wise idea to get into a stranger's truck?
Part 3: How do you think the children could have gotten to Salina another way?
This section contains 1,827 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)