|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mibs is upset with her father because he has ruined her _________, though she eventually sees how selfish this is.
2. The Beaumont children's mother's savvy is ___________, which is something that causes everything to be just right.
3. Why is Poppa in a coma, according to the story and according to the phone call?
4. What kind of pet does Samson have that was hibernating, but awakens when Mibs wakes up one morning?
5. Rocket's power is the power of ___________, according to the story and this can get him into trouble.
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Lill to ask if the bus the children are on is a bus for misfit children, according to the book?
2. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
3. Why does Mibs want to share the news about what she thinks her savvy is?
4. What is the surprising news the children hear about the trip on the bus, according to the book?
5. What was the savvy of Grandpa that was displayed during Rocket's thirteenth birthday, according to the book?
6. What does the family think is a bad idea, though they don't say anything about it, according to the book?
7. How did Poppa first learn about savvies when he was with the children's mother, according to the book?
8. What does Fish remind Mibs of when it comes to telling others about their powers, according to the book?
9. What does Will present to Mibs for her birthday present, according to the book?
10. How does Mibs decide that she will get to Salina in order to help her father, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At times, the savvies of the children cause bad things to happen, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think savvies can create negative outcomes?
Part 2: How do you think the children can more easily control their savvies?
Part 3: Do you think it's a good idea to control an inherent power?
Essay Topic 2
The savvies that are given to the children don't arrive until the children are 13, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are savvies not given to children until they are 13?
Part 2: Do you think children could use their savvies at a younger age? An older age?
Part 3: What do you think the perfect age for receiving special powers might be? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The children find out that they are going to have to make several stops before getting to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are the children surprised to hear there are multiple stops?
Part 2: Why do the children suddenly realize they are going to get into a lot of trouble?
Part 3: Do you think the children should have tried to go home right then?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)