|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who doesn't like the other girls ogling Will the way they do when they're at school, according to the story?
2. Fish notes that no should know about his/her savvies except for ________ and those who might become family.
3. Who is tasked with carrying the jars when he/she begins to feel ill?
4. Who is the person that helps Fish reign in his savvy, with just a single touch, according to the story?
5. Rocket claims that _________ never get earth-shattering savvies like the ones he and his brothers have.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
2. What happened as a result of Fish receiving his savvy when he turned thirteen, according to the book?
3. How do Fish and Rocket respond to the news about their father, according to the book?
4. What does Mibs do for the homeless man when she encounters him again, according to the book?
5. Are Lester and Lill going to get into trouble for helping the children during their journey, according to the book?
6. What does Lester tell Lill about Carlene and about the future of their relationship, according to the book?
7. What is Mibs furious about having to hear during the entire trip, according to the book?
8. What does Mibs begin to worry about as she continues to hear things from others around her?
9. How does Mibs decide that she will get to Salina in order to help her father, according to the book?
10. What is the surprising news the children hear about the trip on the bus, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs thinks that her savvy might be to wake people up, and she holds onto this idea for a while in the story.
Part 1: Why does Mibs decide that waking others up is her savvy?
Part 2: Do you think Mibs' savvy is something that she wants?
Part 3: How do you think you might react if you knew you had a savvy, but you weren't sure what it was?
Essay Topic 2
The children decide to get into a truck in order to get to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the children all decide to go along with Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think it's a wise idea to get into a stranger's truck?
Part 3: How do you think the children could have gotten to Salina another way?
Essay Topic 3
Lill points out to Mibs that there is plenty of time for boys and that she should try to take things slowly, according to the book.
Part 1: Why does Mibs have troubles with boys?
Part 2: Do you think that Lill was right in offering advice to Mibs?
Part 3: How do you think Mibs might be able to show Will her interest in him?
This section contains 1,813 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)