|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mibs is able to block out the voices of the tattoos when Samson ___________ her, according to the story.
2. Who dramatically declines to bandage the boys after all of the ruckus at the back of the bus?
3. Bobbi claims the bus is one that's for ________, and Lill says that she will fit right in, according to the story.
4. Fish notes that no should know about his/her savvies except for ________ and those who might become family.
5. What does Mibs decide to draw on Will when she receives a pen and doesn't have any paper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the family think is a bad idea, though they don't say anything about it, according to the book?
2. Why is Mibs self-conscious about the dress she is wearing, even though Lill compliments her on it, according to the book?
3. What surprises the children when they are finally all in the bus together?
4. What causes Lill to ask if the bus the children are on is a bus for misfit children, according to the book?
5. Why does Mibs want to share the news about what she thinks her savvy is?
6. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
7. What are the thoughts that keep Mibs awake at night during the story?
8. What happened after Rocket felt ill while carrying the jars of songs, according to the book?
9. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
10. What does Will present to Mibs for her birthday present, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The children decide to get into a truck in order to get to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the children all decide to go along with Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think it's a wise idea to get into a stranger's truck?
Part 3: How do you think the children could have gotten to Salina another way?
Essay Topic 2
Mibs notices that she hates her father for lapsing into a coma on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Mibs is mad at her father after his accident?
Part 2: Do you think Mibs is justified in feeling mad at her father?
Part 3: Why do you think Mibs suddenly feels guilty about her reaction?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Rosemary still tries to plan a party for Mibs on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why is the birthday party a good idea?
Part 2: Why is the birthday party a bad idea, as evidenced by the family's reaction to the plan?
Part 3: How do you think Miss Rosemary could plan a successful party?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)