|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fish cause during his first encounter with his special power?
2. Who doesn't like the other girls ogling Will the way they do when they're at school, according to the story?
3. Mibs explains to the delivery man that they only need a ride to __________.
4. When did Mibs' father get the tattoo on his arm, according to the way the story is told?
5. What does Mibs remember about her father regarding the desire he had to build a _________ for the family.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Poppa like to take the children until he can build them one of their own, according to the book?
2. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
3. What happens when Mibs hears words from the drawing on Will's hand, according to the book?
4. How do Fish and Rocket respond to the news about their father, according to the book?
5. Who are the women's voices in Mibs' head that are arguing, according to the book?
6. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
7. What are the two tattoos that the delivery man has on his opposing arms, according to the book?
8. What was the savvy of Grandpa that was displayed during Rocket's thirteenth birthday, according to the book?
9. Why has Miss Rosemary come to stay with the Beaumont family?
10. Why is Mibs self-conscious about the dress she is wearing, even though Lill compliments her on it, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The children decide to get into a truck in order to get to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think the children all decide to go along with Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think it's a wise idea to get into a stranger's truck?
Part 3: How do you think the children could have gotten to Salina another way?
Essay Topic 2
Mibs begins to experience her savvy when she sees pictures or tattoos, according to the book.
Part 1: How would you describe the savvy of Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think you would want the savvy that Mibs has?
Part 3: Why do you think Mibs doesn't understand her savvy at first?
Essay Topic 3
Mibs thinks that her savvy might be to wake people up, and she holds onto this idea for a while in the story.
Part 1: Why does Mibs decide that waking others up is her savvy?
Part 2: Do you think Mibs' savvy is something that she wants?
Part 3: How do you think you might react if you knew you had a savvy, but you weren't sure what it was?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)