|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mibs tell Will to do in order to help keep the voices from making her go crazy, according to the story?
2. Who talks to the other children in order to share that they are hungry and they need to eat?
3. Who does Mibs suddenly begin to cry for in the back of the bus, according to the story?
4. Mibs is able to block out the voices of the tattoos when Samson ___________ her, according to the story.
5. The group begins to realize just how much __________ they are in, according to the story.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mibs tries to hear the mermaid tattoo that is on Poppa's arm at first, according to the book?
2. What does Lester tell Lill about Carlene and about the future of their relationship, according to the book?
3. What does Bobbi tell Mibs about Will after seeing that Will kisses Mibs in the pool, according to the book?
4. What does Mibs ask Bobbi when she admits that she wants to kiss Rocket, according to the book?
5. Where does Poppa like to take the children until he can build them one of their own, according to the book?
6. What does Mibs tell Fish when he rises as he smells a larger body of water, according to the book?
7. Where does Lester choose to sleep when they have finally secured two rooms at a hotel, according to the book?
8. How did Poppa first learn about savvies when he was with the children's mother, according to the book?
9. What does Mibs do for the homeless man when she encounters him again, according to the book?
10. What had Mibs' mother told her about her savvy when she was much younger, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs begins to experience her savvy when she sees pictures or tattoos, according to the book.
Part 1: How would you describe the savvy of Mibs?
Part 2: Do you think you would want the savvy that Mibs has?
Part 3: Why do you think Mibs doesn't understand her savvy at first?
Essay Topic 2
The deliveryman begins by arguing with the children, but then decides to help them when he hears their story.
Part 1: Why do you think the deliveryman is mad at the children?
Part 2: Do you think the deliveryman should have taken the children back home?
Part 3: How do you think the deliveryman could have helped the children, while still letting others know they were safe?
Essay Topic 3
Mibs notices that she is upset when others begin to look at Will, according to the book.
Part 1: Why might Mibs be upset that other girls are looking at Will?
Part 2: Is Mibs' reaction normal for a girl her age?
Part 3: Do you think that Mibs likes Will as more than just a friend?
This section contains 1,814 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)