|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Beaumont children's mother's savvy is ___________, which is something that causes everything to be just right.
2. Who finally wipes away the ink that's on Will's hand, realizing that's what Mibs wanted all along?
3. What does Mibs tell Will to do in order to help keep the voices from making her go crazy, according to the story?
4. Who is the person that helps Fish reign in his savvy, with just a single touch, according to the story?
5. Mibs wonders if all the __________ are simply just a sign of a mental disease that she didn't realize she'd had before.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the surprising news the children hear about the trip on the bus, according to the book?
2. What does Fish remind Mibs of when it comes to telling others about their powers, according to the book?
3. What causes Lill to ask if the bus the children are on is a bus for misfit children, according to the book?
4. What is the special event for which Mibs is waiting in the first few pages of the story?
5. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
6. What surprises the children when they are finally all in the bus together?
7. What does Will present to Mibs for her birthday present, according to the book?
8. What happened as a result of Fish receiving his savvy when he turned thirteen, according to the book?
9. What are the two events that cause Mibs to think they might be related to her savvy, according to the book?
10. What had Mibs' mother told her about her savvy when she was much younger, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lill points out to Mibs that there is plenty of time for boys and that she should try to take things slowly, according to the book.
Part 1: Why does Mibs have troubles with boys?
Part 2: Do you think that Lill was right in offering advice to Mibs?
Part 3: How do you think Mibs might be able to show Will her interest in him?
Essay Topic 2
Mibs thinks that her savvy might be to wake people up, and she holds onto this idea for a while in the story.
Part 1: Why does Mibs decide that waking others up is her savvy?
Part 2: Do you think Mibs' savvy is something that she wants?
Part 3: How do you think you might react if you knew you had a savvy, but you weren't sure what it was?
Essay Topic 3
Mibs wakes up on the morning of her birthday, not feeling any difference in her life or in her savvy.
Part 1: Why do you think Mibs is disappointed by not feeling her savvy immediately?
Part 2: If you were Mibs, would you want proof of your savvy immediately?
Part 3: How do you think Mibs would have responded if her savvy had appeared suddenly?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)