|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Being ________ often means that a person will be lonely, as no one wants to be friends with someone who has no flaws.
2. Grandpa actually claims to have created ___________, in one of his stories to others.
3. What is the name of Lester's mother, who takes up space on Lester as another tattoo?
4. What does Rocket cause to explode after hearing about the health of his father, according to the story?
5. Fish notes that no should know about his/her savvies except for ________ and those who might become family.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Lester offered to do for Lill Kiteley when she boards the bus, according to the book?
2. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
3. How did Poppa first learn about savvies when he was with the children's mother, according to the book?
4. What happens when Mibs hears words from the drawing on Will's hand, according to the book?
5. Why does Mibs want to share the news about what she thinks her savvy is?
6. What happened after Rocket felt ill while carrying the jars of songs, according to the book?
7. What surprises the children when they are finally all in the bus together?
8. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
9. What causes Lill to ask if the bus the children are on is a bus for misfit children, according to the book?
10. What had Mibs' mother told her about her savvy when she was much younger, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Beaumont children have been home-schooled in order to avoid being a part of the regular world, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think homeschooling is a good idea for the Beaumonts?
Part 2: How might the Beaumont children thrive at a normal school?
Part 3: How might you react if the Beaumont children were in the same class as you?
Essay Topic 2
Rocket, Mibs' brother, says that girls never get earth-shattering savvies like he has, according to the book.
Part 1: Do you think girls can handle powerful savvies like Rocket's?
Part 2: Why do you think Rocket likes to point out his powerful savvy to others?
Part 3: How do you think Rocket might respond if Mibs had a powerful savvy?
Essay Topic 3
Mibs notices that she hates her father for lapsing into a coma on her birthday, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Mibs is mad at her father after his accident?
Part 2: Do you think Mibs is justified in feeling mad at her father?
Part 3: Why do you think Mibs suddenly feels guilty about her reaction?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)