Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will threaten to tell others about Bobbi when they board the bus?
2. What happens to the children once their special powers arrive?
3. Mibs talks about how she doesn't have any friends, and _________ reminds Mibs they are friends.
4. What does Mibs remember about her father regarding the desire he had to build a _________ for the family.
5. What is the hospital where Poppa is being cared for, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mibs ask Bobbi when she admits that she wants to kiss Rocket, according to the book?
2. What happened after Rocket felt ill while carrying the jars of songs, according to the book?
3. Are Lester and Lill going to get into trouble for helping the children during their journey, according to the book?
4. Why is Mibs self-conscious about the dress she is wearing, even though Lill compliments her on it, according to the book?
5. How does Mibs decide that she will get to Salina in order to help her father, according to the book?
6. What does the family think is a bad idea, though they don't say anything about it, according to the book?
7. What is Mibs' response when Rocket asks Mibs about her savvy at the end of the story, according to the book?
8. What causes Lill to ask if the bus the children are on is a bus for misfit children, according to the book?
9. What are the two tattoos that the delivery man has on his opposing arms, according to the book?
10. What is the reason that Mibs gives for Lester not listening to Carlene anymore, according to the book?
Essay Topic 1
The children find out that they are going to have to make several stops before getting to Salina, according to the book.
Part 1: Why are the children surprised to hear there are multiple stops?
Part 2: Why do the children suddenly realize they are going to get into a lot of trouble?
Part 3: Do you think the children should have tried to go home right then?
Essay Topic 2
Mibs notices that she is upset when others begin to look at Will, according to the book.
Part 1: Why might Mibs be upset that other girls are looking at Will?
Part 2: Is Mibs' reaction normal for a girl her age?
Part 3: Do you think that Mibs likes Will as more than just a friend?
Essay Topic 3
Lill points out to Mibs that there is plenty of time for boys and that she should try to take things slowly, according to the book.
Part 1: Why does Mibs have troubles with boys?
Part 2: Do you think that Lill was right in offering advice to Mibs?
Part 3: How do you think Mibs might be able to show Will her interest in him?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)