|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confessed to Mibs that while she was not perfect, she just had a knack for getting everything right?
2. What does Mibs tell Will to do in order to help keep the voices from making her go crazy, according to the story?
3. What does Mibs remember about her father regarding the desire he had to build a _________ for the family.
4. Mibs begins to wonder if Samson already has a _______, or if he just has a natural healing gift.
5. Where does Mibs hide after hearing words from the picture she's drawn on Will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two events that cause Mibs to think they might be related to her savvy, according to the book?
2. What was the savvy of Grandpa that was displayed during Rocket's thirteenth birthday, according to the book?
3. What does Bobbi's tattoo reveal to Mibs as she is formulating the plan, according to the book?
4. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
5. What does Mibs say to Miss Rosemary in order to talk her out of planning the party?
6. What happens when Mibs hears words from the drawing on Will's hand, according to the book?
7. What does Will present to Mibs for her birthday present, according to the book?
8. Who are the women's voices in Mibs' head that are arguing, according to the book?
9. Why has Miss Rosemary come to stay with the Beaumont family?
10. What causes Lill to ask if the bus the children are on is a bus for misfit children, according to the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mibs is made fun of by other girls who are her age, which upsets her, though she is accustomed to it.
Part 1: Why would other girls Mibs' age make fun of her?
Part 2: If Mibs went to school, do you think she would still have troubles with teasing?
Part 3: How do you think the teasing might impact Mibs?
Essay Topic 2
Miss Rosemary points out that the children in the Beaumont house need to have a mother around, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think Miss Rosemary is willing to take care of the children?
Part 2: Do you think that Miss Rosemary is right in thinking the children need a mother?
Part 3: How do you think the children might cope better if their mother was present?
Essay Topic 3
At times, the savvies of the children cause bad things to happen, according to the book.
Part 1: Why do you think savvies can create negative outcomes?
Part 2: How do you think the children can more easily control their savvies?
Part 3: Do you think it's a good idea to control an inherent power?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)