|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bobbi is bored, she kicks Fish, which causes him to lose control of his savvy and ___________.
(a) Do nothing.
(b) Create winds.
(c) Blow out the radiator.
(d) Turn invisible.
2. When did Mibs' father get the tattoo on his arm, according to the way the story is told?
(b) When he was in a camp.
(d) Last week.
3. Mibs wonders if all the __________ are simply just a sign of a mental disease that she didn't realize she'd had before.
(a) Voices in her head.
4. How many tattoos does Mibs discover are on the delivery men, according to the story?
5. A _________ is an outstanding power that is given to every child in the Beaumont family on a particular birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mibs' mother always points out that everyone has a hidden _________, though he/she may never realize it.
2. Who is going to take care of the children while Momma is away visiting Poppa, according to the story?
3. What do the children help Grandpa bottle at Rocket's birthday party, according to the story?
4. Mibs is able to block out the voices of the tattoos when Samson ___________ her, according to the story.
5. What is the name of Lester's ex, the one that is tattooed on his arm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the thoughts that keep Mibs awake at night during the story?
2. What had Mibs' mother told her about her savvy when she was much younger, according to the book?
3. What happened as a result of Fish receiving his savvy when he turned thirteen, according to the book?
4. What is the surprising news the children hear about the trip on the bus, according to the book?
5. What are the two events that cause Mibs to think they might be related to her savvy, according to the book?
6. How do Fish and Rocket respond to the news about their father, according to the book?
7. What does the family find out during a phone call in the middle of dinnertime, according to the book?
8. Why does Mibs want to share the news about what she thinks her savvy is?
9. Why is Mibs self-conscious about the dress she is wearing, even though Lill compliments her on it, according to the book?
10. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)