|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Being ________ often means that a person will be lonely, as no one wants to be friends with someone who has no flaws.
2. Mibs wonders if all the __________ are simply just a sign of a mental disease that she didn't realize she'd had before.
(a) Voices in her head.
3. When did Mibs' father get the tattoo on his arm, according to the way the story is told?
(c) Last week.
(d) When he was in a camp.
4. What do the children help Grandpa bottle at Rocket's birthday party, according to the story?
(a) Lightning bugs.
(d) Sound waves.
5. Who interrupts Mibs as she begins to tell Will about their powers and about the way they are different?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does a child have to be in the Beaumont family in order to receive his/her savvy?
2. What did Grandpa make for Momma and Poppa once it was clear they were going to be married?
3. Who does Mibs suddenly begin to cry for in the back of the bus, according to the story?
4. What is the color of the flower that Mibs pins to her dress, according to the story?
5. What kind of tattoo does Bobbi have, which causes Mibs to think about her differently?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will present to Mibs for her birthday present, according to the book?
2. What happened after Rocket felt ill while carrying the jars of songs, according to the book?
3. What has Lester offered to do for Lill Kiteley when she boards the bus, according to the book?
4. What does Mibs say to Miss Rosemary in order to talk her out of planning the party?
5. What are the thoughts that keep Mibs awake at night during the story?
6. Why has Miss Rosemary come to stay with the Beaumont family?
7. How did Poppa first learn about savvies when he was with the children's mother, according to the book?
8. What was the savvy of Grandpa that was displayed during Rocket's thirteenth birthday, according to the book?
9. What is the surprising news the children hear about the trip on the bus, according to the book?
10. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)