|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will present to Mibs as a birthday present, according to the story?
(b) Pen set.
2. Mibs is upset with her father because he has ruined her _________, though she eventually sees how selfish this is.
(a) Last day of school.
(d) First day of school.
3. Who arrives to ask Mibs about the sudden storm that took place when they were on the bus, according to the story?
(b) No one.
4. What does Mibs think is her savvy at this point in the story, and she tries to explain this to the others?
(b) Waking people up.
(c) Remembering tattoos.
(d) Hearing voices.
5. Lill points out that ________ is quite the catch, according to her opinion when talking with Mibs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mibs immediately begins to confide in Lill about her __________, according to the story.
2. Who is going to take care of the children while Momma is away visiting Poppa, according to the story?
3. What does Mibs tell Will to do in order to help keep the voices from making her go crazy, according to the story?
4. Who admits to Mibs in her voices that she was the one who threw the dog to the side of the road?
5. Who decides to defend Mibs, thinking that Will has done something to hurt her, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Mibs' mother told her about her savvy when she was much younger, according to the book?
2. What happened after Rocket felt ill while carrying the jars of songs, according to the book?
3. What are the two tattoos that the delivery man has on his opposing arms, according to the book?
4. Who are the women's voices in Mibs' head that are arguing, according to the book?
5. What happens when Mibs hears words from the drawing on Will's hand, according to the book?
6. What is the special event for which Mibs is waiting in the first few pages of the story?
7. What does Mibs begin to worry about as she continues to hear things from others around her?
8. Why is Mibs self-conscious about the dress she is wearing, even though Lill compliments her on it, according to the book?
9. What does Fish do when he hears that Mibs is yelling at Will to stay away, according to the book?
10. How does the Beaumont grandfather explain the gifts that run in their family, according to the book?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)