|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mibs immediately begins to confide in Lill about her __________, according to the story.
2. Mibs wonders if all the __________ are simply just a sign of a mental disease that she didn't realize she'd had before.
(d) Voices in her head.
3. What did Fish cause during his first encounter with his special power?
(c) Power outage.
4. Mibs is able to block out the voices of the tattoos when Samson ___________ her, according to the story.
(b) Sings to.
(d) Whispers to.
5. Who admits to Mibs in her voices that she was the one who threw the dog to the side of the road?
(c) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bobbi claims the bus is one that's for ________, and Lill says that she will fit right in, according to the story.
2. Who scratches at Fish as they try to defend Mibs during this scene of the story?
3. The family decides to move to the middle of _____________ in order to avoid causing troubles for others around them.
4. Who dramatically declines to bandage the boys after all of the ruckus at the back of the bus?
5. What kind of tattoo does Bobbi have, which causes Mibs to think about her differently?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mibs do for the homeless man when she encounters him again, according to the book?
2. What is the special event for which Mibs is waiting in the first few pages of the story?
3. How does the Beaumont grandfather explain the gifts that run in their family, according to the book?
4. What are the thoughts that keep Mibs awake at night during the story?
5. Where does Poppa like to take the children until he can build them one of their own, according to the book?
6. What happened as a result of Fish receiving his savvy when he turned thirteen, according to the book?
7. What is the surprising news the children hear about the trip on the bus, according to the book?
8. Where does Lester choose to sleep when they have finally secured two rooms at a hotel, according to the book?
9. What does Bobbi's tattoo reveal to Mibs as she is formulating the plan, according to the book?
10. What happens when Mibs tries to hear the mermaid tattoo that is on Poppa's arm at first, according to the book?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)