|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mibs wonders if all the __________ are simply just a sign of a mental disease that she didn't realize she'd had before.
(a) Voices in her head.
2. What did Fish cause during his first encounter with his special power?
(c) Power outage.
3. Who admits to Mibs in her voices that she was the one who threw the dog to the side of the road?
(c) No one.
4. What does Mibs tell Will to do in order to help keep the voices from making her go crazy, according to the story?
(b) Wash his hand.
(c) Drink water.
(d) Leave her alone.
5. What happens as a result of Rocket's savvy coming on during his birthday party?
(c) Peace movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the type of tattoo that Mibs' father has, as she recalls in this section of the story?
2. Being ________ often means that a person will be lonely, as no one wants to be friends with someone who has no flaws.
3. Mibs is upset with her father because he has ruined her _________, though she eventually sees how selfish this is.
4. Who interrupts Mibs as she begins to tell Will about their powers and about the way they are different?
5. Who is going to take care of the children while Momma is away visiting Poppa, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened as a result of Fish receiving his savvy when he turned thirteen, according to the book?
2. Why has Miss Rosemary come to stay with the Beaumont family?
3. What happens when Mibs hears words from the drawing on Will's hand, according to the book?
4. Why does Mibs want to share the news about what she thinks her savvy is?
5. How does Mibs decide that she will get to Salina in order to help her father, according to the book?
6. What was the savvy of Grandpa that was displayed during Rocket's thirteenth birthday, according to the book?
7. What does Fish remind Mibs of when it comes to telling others about their powers, according to the book?
8. What does the family think is a bad idea, though they don't say anything about it, according to the book?
9. What does Bobbi's tattoo reveal to Mibs as she is formulating the plan, according to the book?
10. What happened after Rocket felt ill while carrying the jars of songs, according to the book?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)