|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the voices in Lester's head once Mibs tells him what she has been hearing?
(a) They get louder.
(b) They get softer.
(c) They go away.
(d) They yell at Mibs.
2. What does Mibs put on and then suddenly take off, according to the story?
(a) Ponytail holder.
(b) Lip gloss.
(c) Bathing suit.
3. Who begins to push the children out of the diner after seeing the report on the TV, according to the story?
4. How many children are on the bus during the main part of this story?
5. Who yells at Ozzie to show more respect, according to the story?
6. What does Mibs also leave for the homeless man, knowing that her father would understand?
(b) Purple silk flower.
7. Who helps Mibs with her ill-fitting outfit, which is a surprising gesture to the reader?
(a) No one.
8. What does Mibs learn about the tattoo that Bobbi has, which explains why she can't hear it anymore?
(a) It was done in jail.
(b) It was just done.
(d) It was done at home.
9. Who notices that Will has kissed Mibs and sends some water at them playfully?
10. Who does Mibs realize is not on the bus after he/she hurriedly escapes from Carlene's trailer?
11. What does Mibs change into at the beginning of this section, according to the story?
(a) Bathing suit.
(d) New dress.
12. Mibs does point out that Bobbi's being a _________ might cause her to prove she isn't a good two shoes all the time.
(a) Single girl.
(b) Good girl.
(d) Pastor's daughter.
13. Where are power outages occurring, according to the news report on the small TV in the back of the diner?
(c) No where.
(d) In town.
14. Mibs realizes that Bill is Will's __________, and she bursts into tears as she explains what has happened.
15. Who knows that he/she is responsible for the situation they are in and wants to protect the adults?
Short Answer Questions
1. Plans are being made for the ______ to come take the children back to their home, according to the story.
2. Who does Mibs drag out from under a table because she feels she needs to be able to see this person all the time?
3. Bobbi tells Mibs to take things ___________ when it comes to an older boy, according to the story.
4. Mibs doubts that her running away was only because she wanted to save her __________.
5. Who is going to take the children to Salina, according to the story?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)