|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helps to push Ozzie down when the children are rushing him during this chaotic scene?
(d) A crowbar.
2. What does Mibs change into at the beginning of this section, according to the story?
(a) Bathing suit.
(b) New dress.
3. What does Mibs leave for the homeless man, hearing his cries of anguish as she walks by?
4. Who is going to take the children to Salina, according to the story?
(b) The Meeks.
5. Mibs looks out the window and thinks to herself that it is time for Poppa to ___________.
(d) Wake up.
6. Whose voices has been belittling Lester during the entire trip, according to the story?
7. Mibs explains to ________ about her ability to hear what drawings are telling her by demonstrating it.
8. Who takes the child who has to go to the bathroom to the room, according to the story?
(d) No one.
9. What does Ozzie throw at Lill, telling her that it should cover her last check, according to the story?
10. Bobbi tells Mibs to take things ___________ when it comes to an older boy, according to the story.
11. What does Mibs tell Lester about Carlene? That she is ____________, according to the story.
12. Who leans in and bites Ozzie as they are hiding under the counter during the scuffle, according to the story?
(c) No one.
13. Mibs had detected the voices getting _________ once Lill and Lester met, according to the story.
14. What does Fish think of as Mibs is drawing a picture on his hand, according to the story?
15. Mibs understands that the _________ are in serious trouble and that it is her fault, according to the story.
(d) Diner customers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mibs learn about the tattoo that Bobbi has, which explains why she can't hear it anymore?
2. What does Carlene do when she recognizes the children from the television station?
3. Lester's voices fade whenever _______ smiles at him, Mibs notices, according to the story.
4. Mother explains that a person will need to _______ his/her savvy in order to learn to control it.
5. Who tells Mibs that one can never tell if a bad situation is going to turn into a good thing?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)