|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose tattoo continuously asks Mibs if she can guess what this character is thinking, according to the story?
2. Who does Bobbi say wants to talk to Mibs next during the charade of the phone call?
(b) The pastor.
(d) Miss Rosemary.
3. What does Will do that he admits his father cannot do, according to the story?
4. What does Mibs also leave for the homeless man, knowing that her father would understand?
(d) Purple silk flower.
5. How many children are on the bus during the main part of this story?
6. Who does Bobbi call when she is supposed to be calling home, according to the story?
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) The boy's room.
7. Who decides to grab Mibs and pull her underwater when they are in the pool?
8. Mibs explains to ________ about her ability to hear what drawings are telling her by demonstrating it.
9. Who would normally have been nervous to pass by water, as Mibs points out when walking past the pool?
10. Mibs believes that the ________ she can hear from Lester are ingrained in him so that that's all he can hear too.
11. What does Mibs tell Lester about Carlene? That she is ____________, according to the story.
12. Who is able to mimic her mother's voice well and fools Lill when she does so?
(d) No one.
13. What does Lester lament having to do in the morning, according to the story?
(a) Go to church.
(c) Bring the children home.
(d) Read a book.
14. There is a ___________ report on the TV, which causes the children to realize just how serious their disappearance is.
(c) Town Hall.
(d) Missing children.
15. Whose death was the worst thing that ever happened to Mibs before her father's injury?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are power outages occurring, according to the news report on the small TV in the back of the diner?
2. Where does Lester decide to sleep after the group arrives at its final destination?
3. Lester's thoughts only focus on ________ after Lill says that she wants to be with him.
4. Many of the truckers and the patrons at the diner have _________, which cause Mibs to feel overwhelmed.
5. Mibs understands that the _________ are in serious trouble and that it is her fault, according to the story.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)