|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the children once their special powers arrive?
(b) They go to a regular school.
(c) They are home-schooled.
(d) They are sent away.
2. What did Fish cause during his first encounter with his special power?
(d) Power outage.
3. Grandpa actually claims to have created ___________, in one of his stories to others.
4. Where does Lester promise to drive Lill when she is taken onto the bus, according to the story?
(b) No where.
5. Who scratches at Fish as they try to defend Mibs during this scene of the story?
6. Fish's concern for Mibs causes _________ in the area, according to the story.
(c) Small winds.
(d) Light bulbs to shatter.
7. When Bobbi is bored, she kicks Fish, which causes him to lose control of his savvy and ___________.
(a) Blow out the radiator.
(b) Create winds.
(c) Turn invisible.
(d) Do nothing.
8. Where does Mibs hide after hearing words from the picture she's drawn on Will?
(a) Under a table.
(b) Under the cot.
(c) In her bed.
(d) In a bathroom.
9. What does Mibs tell Will to do in order to help keep the voices from making her go crazy, according to the story?
(a) Drink water.
(b) Leave her alone.
(c) Wash his hand.
10. Who is going to go with mother to see Poppa in the hospital?
11. Where did Momma and Poppa meet each other, according to the story?
(c) Grocery store.
12. Mibs immediately begins to confide in Lill about her __________, according to the story.
13. When did Mibs' father get the tattoo on his arm, according to the way the story is told?
(b) When he was in a camp.
(c) Last week.
14. Who interrupts Mibs as she begins to tell Will about their powers and about the way they are different?
15. Who do the children see come out of the church, so they decide to duck down and hide in the bus?
(b) Pastor Green.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lester has several stops in _________ before he will be making his way to Salina.
2. Lester introduces himself as a ___________ who is helping the children see their sick father.
3. Who wakes up suddenly on the morning of Mibs' birthday party, according to the story?
4. What is the name of Lester's mother, who takes up space on Lester as another tattoo?
5. What is the type of tattoo that Mibs' father has, as she recalls in this section of the story?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)