Lesson 1 (from Chapter One through Chapter Three)
Mibs is certain that when she receives her savvy, it will be something outstanding, just as others have received their savvy at the age of thirteen. Today's objective is to discuss the idea of a savvy, what it is, and what it offers.
1. Have each student define the idea of a savvy.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think they would like to have a savvy of some sort.
3. As a class, have the students discuss the ramifications of having a savvy. Some of these are already described in the book, but how might having a savvy make it difficult for a person in the world?
4. Homework: Have each student decide what sort of savvy they might want to have - and why.
5. Homework: Have students write about a time when they felt having a superpower might have been helpful.
6. Homework: Have the...
This section contains 4,592 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)