Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter One through Chapter Three Abstract
* Mibs is waiting for her thirteenth birthday as that's when she'll receive her savvy.
* Everyone in Mibs' family has a savvy.
* Mibs notes it's hard for the Beaumonts to make friends.
* Miss Rosemary comes to care for the Beaumont children.
* Miss Rosemary brings her children over to keep the Beaumont...
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)