Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career does Steven say he wants?
2. When Margaret is accepted to a university, how far away from Colin is it?
3. How does Colin answer a test question in Part 4, Chapter 17?
4. Why doesn't Colin serve in the military?
5. Whom was Elizabeth living with before she moved out into her own flat?
Essay Topic 1
What is the message this author creates about the military? Examine the characters that are either veterans, in the military or considering the military as a career. How are they described? Are their story lines positive or negative? How so?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Colin's three main romances. How are they similar? How are they different? Does Colin grow as a character at all in terms of his romantic encounters?
Essay Topic 3
Saville is very much a novel about Colin coming of age. Summarize the development of Colin from child to adult. What major events help move him? What beliefs remain unchanged? What is Colin's pivotal moment? What lesson does the author want readers to recognize in Colin's story?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)