|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, Chapter 29, who makes an unexpected visit to Colin?
2. What are the Savilles lacking that surprises Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 22?
3. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
4. What does Ellen tell Colin about Steven in Part 5, Chapter 26?
5. How does Colin feel about Stafford's acceptance to Oxford?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Colin to his brothers. Consider their aspirations, actions, and passions. How they are treated within the Saville family?
Essay Topic 2
What is the message this author creates about the military? Examine the characters that are either veterans, in the military or considering the military as a career. How are they described? Are their story lines positive or negative? How so?
Essay Topic 3
The narrator of Saville is an unknown third person. Characters are often referred to by pronouns. What is the purpose of leaving the characters nameless so often? What message does this deliver? Is this an effective form of narration?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)