Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career does Steven say he wants?
2. When Margaret is accepted to a university, how far away from Colin is it?
3. How does Colin answer a test question in Part 4, Chapter 17?
4. Why doesn't Colin serve in the military?
5. Whom was Elizabeth living with before she moved out into her own flat?
Essay Topic 1
Because of the loss of Andrew, the Savilles have tension in their marriage from the start. Describe the tension that Harry and Ellen face throughout the novel. What aggravates their tension? Do they have a resolution? What is the author's commentary on their marriage?
Essay Topic 2
How does education impact Colin's life? From entrance exams to his career, follow the effects education has on Colin as a character. How does it motivate him? How does it hold him back? What does education mean to Colin?
Essay Topic 3
Colin is very concerned with being able to take care of his parents. How does Colin try to care for his parents? How do they receive his help? Why is it so important to Colin to provide for them? How does this develop Colin as a character?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)