|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Colin lose his job at the school?
2. What does Michael Reagan want to do for a living?
3. In Part 4, Chapter 20, whom does Colin remain friends with from his school days?
4. In Part 5, Chapter 26, what does Harry show Colin of Andrew's?
5. What does Stafford's brother do for a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose three of Colin's boyhood friends to compare and contrast. What events helped to define these characters? What happens to each of them? What is the point the author is trying to make about childhood development?
Essay Topic 2
Colin is very concerned with being able to take care of his parents. How does Colin try to care for his parents? How do they receive his help? Why is it so important to Colin to provide for them? How does this develop Colin as a character?
Essay Topic 3
The Savilles live in an underdeveloped area. How does their house compare with the houses of other characters? How do they feel about their house? How does their house serve as a symbol in the novel?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)