Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career does Steven say he wants?
2. When Margaret is accepted to a university, how far away from Colin is it?
3. How does Colin answer a test question in Part 4, Chapter 17?
4. Why doesn't Colin serve in the military?
5. Whom was Elizabeth living with before she moved out into her own flat?
Discuss the use of dialect in Saville. Why does the author use this dialect? How does it help to create the characters and the place in Saville? Is the dialect effective? How?
The narrator of Saville is an unknown third person. Characters are often referred to by pronouns. What is the purpose of leaving the characters nameless so often? What message does this deliver? Is this an effective form of narration?
Colin is very concerned with being able to take care of his parents. How does Colin try to care for his parents? How do they receive his help? Why is it so important to Colin to provide for them? How does this develop Colin as a character?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)