Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career does Steven say he wants?
2. When Margaret is accepted to a university, how far away from Colin is it?
3. How does Colin answer a test question in Part 4, Chapter 17?
4. Why doesn't Colin serve in the military?
5. Whom was Elizabeth living with before she moved out into her own flat?
Consider the role of women in Saville. What women were considered acceptable and which were not? What accounts for the differences? Are the women in this novel created any differently than the men? How so? What is the author saying about women in the 1930's? The 1970's? Currently?
Colin is very concerned with being able to take care of his parents. How does Colin try to care for his parents? How do they receive his help? Why is it so important to Colin to provide for them? How does this develop Colin as a character?
Because of the loss of Andrew, the Savilles have tension in their marriage from the start. Describe the tension that Harry and Ellen face throughout the novel. What aggravates their tension? Do they have a resolution? What is the author's commentary on their marriage?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)