Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career does Steven say he wants?
2. When Margaret is accepted to a university, how far away from Colin is it?
3. How does Colin answer a test question in Part 4, Chapter 17?
4. Why doesn't Colin serve in the military?
5. Whom was Elizabeth living with before she moved out into her own flat?
Essay Topic 1
Rugby is an important sport in Saxton. Who plays rugby? How do the characters in this novel feel about the sport? What does the sport represent in this novel? How is rugby used to help define the time and place of Saville?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Colin's educational philosophies as a teacher. How did he exemplify these beliefs? What did his beliefs mean to him? How did they change over time? What is your opinion of Colin's philosophies?
Essay Topic 3
Saville is very much a novel about Colin coming of age. Summarize the development of Colin from child to adult. What major events help move him? What beliefs remain unchanged? What is Colin's pivotal moment? What lesson does the author want readers to recognize in Colin's story?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)