Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Colin's class at his new school?
2. What type of inventions does Harry start to create in Part 2, Chapter 7?
3. When do Harry and his family move just outside of Saxton?
4. Why is Michael Reagan teased at Sunday school?
5. How old is Colin in Part 3, Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Savilles begin to do every Sunday in Part 2, Chapter 8?
2. What does Colin look like after a day of working on the farm?
3. How does Colin feel after Steven comes home in Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. Why is Harry Saville impressed with Stafford in Part 3, Chapter 12?
5. What does Mr. Gannon think when he visits the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 21?
6. How does Michael react to his father's death?
7. What happens when Colin hears a voice while working on the farm in Part 3, Chapter 14?
8. How does Colin choose the university he wants to attend in Part 4, Chapter 20?
9. Why does Harry look up to Mr. Reagan?
10. When Colin visits Stafford's home in Part 4, Chapter 17, how do Stafford's parents act?
Colin is very concerned with being able to take care of his parents. How does Colin try to care for his parents? How do they receive his help? Why is it so important to Colin to provide for them? How does this develop Colin as a character?
The Savilles live in an underdeveloped area. How does their house compare with the houses of other characters? How do they feel about their house? How does their house serve as a symbol in the novel?
Compare and contrast Colin to his brothers. Consider their aspirations, actions, and passions. How they are treated within the Saville family?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)