Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Colin's class at his new school?
2. What type of inventions does Harry start to create in Part 2, Chapter 7?
3. When do Harry and his family move just outside of Saxton?
4. Why is Michael Reagan teased at Sunday school?
5. How old is Colin in Part 3, Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Savilles begin to do every Sunday in Part 2, Chapter 8?
2. What does Colin look like after a day of working on the farm?
3. How does Colin feel after Steven comes home in Part 2, Chapter 6?
4. Why is Harry Saville impressed with Stafford in Part 3, Chapter 12?
5. What does Mr. Gannon think when he visits the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 21?
6. How does Michael react to his father's death?
7. What happens when Colin hears a voice while working on the farm in Part 3, Chapter 14?
8. How does Colin choose the university he wants to attend in Part 4, Chapter 20?
9. Why does Harry look up to Mr. Reagan?
10. When Colin visits Stafford's home in Part 4, Chapter 17, how do Stafford's parents act?
Essay Topic 1
Rugby is an important sport in Saxton. Who plays rugby? How do the characters in this novel feel about the sport? What does the sport represent in this novel? How is rugby used to help define the time and place of Saville?
Essay Topic 2
Choose three of Colin's boyhood friends to compare and contrast. What events helped to define these characters? What happens to each of them? What is the point the author is trying to make about childhood development?
Essay Topic 3
What is the message this author creates about the military? Examine the characters that are either veterans, in the military or considering the military as a career. How are they described? Are their story lines positive or negative? How so?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)