|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Colin take Steven into the backyard in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) To avoid waking up Harry.
(b) To get into a fist fight.
(c) To yell in private.
(d) To clean up the yard.
2. In Part 4, Chapter 22 what does Margaret help Colin's mother with?
(a) Running errands.
(b) Organizing her pictures.
3. When Colin sends his parents on vacation at Easter, what happens at home to upset him?
(a) Richard runs away.
(b) Steven is alone with a girl.
(c) The roof starts to cave in.
(d) The bill collector comes.
4. Where does Colin go with Audrey in Part 4, Chapter 18?
(a) To dinner.
(b) To a dance.
(c) To a party.
(d) To the movies.
5. What happened to the dance hall that Michael Reagan was managing?
(a) It was robbed.
(b) It burned to the ground.
(c) It had a water main break.
(d) It went bankrupt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Colin to the train station in Part 5, Chapter 31?
2. Who introduces Colin to Elizabeth?
3. Whom was Elizabeth living with before she moved out into her own flat?
4. Why does Elizabeth visit Derek in Part 5, Chapter 30?
5. How does Colin feel about the flat Elizabeth moves into on her own?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 18, what must Colin do for his brothers?
2. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what worries Colin most about Elizabeth?
3. What happens when Colin tells Margaret they shouldn't get married?
4. What does Colin do before Margaret visits his parents' house for the first time?
5. What does Mr. Gannon think when he visits the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 21?
6. What happens when Colin tries to get in touch with Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 24?
7. How does Elizabeth view Colin on their first date?
8. What are some of the things that happen during the party in Part 4, Chapter 19?
9. In Part 4, Chapter 23, what two things does Colin come to envy about Stafford?
10. How does Colin feel about Stafford's decision for his future in Part 4, Chapter 20?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)