|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stephens do in school?
(a) He fails every class.
(b) He gets straight As.
(c) He is an average student.
(d) He barely passes.
2. What does Colin buy for Harry in Part 5, Chapter 27?
(a) New kitchen appliances.
(b) A suit and furniture.
(d) A car.
3. In Part 4, Chapter 24, what happens every time Colin goes to see Margaret?
(a) She starts a fight with him.
(b) She's too busy to talk.
(c) She isn't at home.
(d) Stafford is over.
4. What does Stafford's brother do for a living?
(a) He is in the army.
(b) He is a business owner.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a minister.
5. Where does Colin go with Audrey in Part 4, Chapter 18?
(a) To a dance.
(b) To a party.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin tell Margaret when he loses her to Stafford?
2. What does Ellen tell Colin about Steven in Part 5, Chapter 26?
3. What does Harry say about Colin's teaching career in Part 4, Chapter 24?
4. Who calls Colin "Bard Colin"?
5. What surprise event happens to Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Colin tries to get in touch with Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 24?
2. What happens when Colin tells Margaret they shouldn't get married?
3. How does Colin feel when Steve is signed to a football team?
4. What happens when Harry talks to Colin about Andrew for the first time?
5. What ends Colin's association with Stephens in Part 4, Chapter 17?
6. How does Michael react to his father's death?
7. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what worries Colin most about Elizabeth?
8. What do Colin and Stephens disagree about at work in Part 5, Chapter 25?
9. In Part 4, Chapter 23, what two things does Colin come to envy about Stafford?
10. What happens when Colin asks Elizabeth what she'll do with her life in Part 5, Chapter 31?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)