|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Colin meet Sheila?
(a) She is new to the neighborhood.
(b) She works at the local store.
(c) She is his tutor.
(d) She is a cousin of a friend.
2. How does Colin interact with Stafford after he steals Margaret?
(a) They no longer speak.
(b) They become violent enemies.
(c) They start rumors about each other.
(d) They remain friends.
3. What does Michael begin to wear after his father's death?
(a) A tie with every outfit.
(b) A three-piece suit.
(d) A sweater vest.
4. Who takes Colin to the train station in Part 5, Chapter 31?
5. How does Colin feel about the flat Elizabeth moves into on her own?
(a) That it is the perfect size and has a good view.
(b) That it is small but suitable.
(c) That it is small and depressing.
(d) That it is probably too expensive for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are people most surprised to see take part in the festivities in Part 4, Chapter 19?
2. What happens when Steven takes his entrance exams for school?
3. In Part 4, Chapter 22, what do Colin and Margaret discuss heatedly?
4. In Part 4, Chapter 22 what does Margaret help Colin's mother with?
5. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elizabeth view Colin on their first date?
2. What happens when Harry talks to Colin about Andrew for the first time?
3. What happens when Colin tries to get in touch with Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 24?
4. What do Colin and Elizabeth fight about in Part 5, Chapter 30?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 18, what must Colin do for his brothers?
6. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what worries Colin most about Elizabeth?
7. What happens when Colin asks Elizabeth what she'll do with her life in Part 5, Chapter 31?
8. Why does Elizabeth feel that she and Colin are not destined to have a long relationship?
9. What does Mr. Gannon think when he visits the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 21?
10. In Part 4, Chapter 23, what two things does Colin come to envy about Stafford?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)