|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stafford's brother do for a living?
(a) He is a minister.
(b) He is in the army.
(c) He is a business owner.
(d) He is a lawyer.
2. Where do Colin and Margaret have drinks in Part 4, Chapter 23?
(a) The corner bar.
(b) Stafford's apartment.
(c) The Dormans' house.
(d) Colin's house.
3. What do Harry and Colin argue about in Part 4, Chapter 24?
(a) Colin's finances.
(b) Raising children.
(c) Working as a teacher.
(d) Colin's relationship with Margaret.
4. What surprise event happens to Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) He is signed to a professional football team.
(b) He is accepted to Oxford.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) He gets a job in Italy.
5. Why does Elizabeth visit Derek in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) Because Colin told her to.
(b) Because Derek visited Colin.
(c) Because she wanted to fix their relationship.
(d) Because she decided to get a divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Colin's students react to him in the classroom in Part 5, Chapter 28?
2. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what is Colin allowed to teach the children at his school?
3. Why does Colin's mother go to the hospital in Part 4, Chapter 18?
4. In Part 4, Chapter 20, whom does Colin remain friends with from his school days?
5. After their first date, when does Audrey tell Colin to come to her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Colin learns that Margaret and Stafford are a couple?
2. How does Colin feel when Steve is signed to a football team?
3. What makes Harry angry with Colin in Part 5, Chapter 27?
4. What does Margaret comment on after visiting the Savilles' house in Part 4, Chapter 22?
5. What happens when Colin asks Elizabeth what she'll do with her life in Part 5, Chapter 31?
6. What does Colin do before Margaret visits his parents' house for the first time?
7. How does Michael react to his father's death?
8. In Part 5, Chapter 26, what happens when Colin argues with Steven about the future?
9. What happens during Colin's medical exam in Part 4, Chapter 23?
10. In Part 4, Chapter 19, what happens when Colin invites Sheila over to his house?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)