|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduces Colin to Elizabeth?
2. Why doesn't Colin serve in the military?
(a) He is too old to join.
(b) He has flat feet.
(c) He needs more college first.
(d) He doesn't go to the right office.
3. In Part 4, Chapter 17, whom does Stafford introduce Colin to?
(a) Two girls.
(b) Students at a different school.
(c) Opera singers.
(d) Farm owners.
4. How does Stephens do in school?
(a) He gets straight As.
(b) He fails every class.
(c) He barely passes.
(d) He is an average student.
5. What does Colin ask Elizabeth about during their walk around the pond in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) Her husband divorcing her.
(b) Her family history.
(c) Her moving to Saxton.
(d) Her lawsuit against a cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Colin meet Margaret?
2. What makes Colin suspicious of Stafford's relationship with Margaret?
3. What does Michael Reagan do after his father's death?
4. Why does Margaret want Colin to leave Saxton in Part 4, Chapter 23?
5. What is Stafford's option other than attending Oxford?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Harry angry with Colin in Part 5, Chapter 27?
2. What are some of the things that happen during the party in Part 4, Chapter 19?
3. How does Michael react to his father's death?
4. How does Colin choose the university he wants to attend in Part 4, Chapter 20?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 18, what must Colin do for his brothers?
6. What happens when Harry talks to Colin about Andrew for the first time?
7. Summarize what happens at the train station when Colin finally leaves Saxton?
8. What do Colin and Stephens disagree about at work in Part 5, Chapter 25?
9. What does Mr. Gannon think when he visits the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 21?
10. What ends Colin's association with Stephens in Part 4, Chapter 17?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)