|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Colin's students react to him in the classroom in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) They begin to have fun.
(b) They don't pay attention to him.
(c) They openly admit how much they are learning.
(d) They skip class.
2. What does Margaret's brother do for a living?
(a) He is a banker.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is in the military.
3. What is Stafford's option other than attending Oxford?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Travel to the United States.
(c) Go to a university in Paris.
(d) Become a politician.
4. How does Colin feel about Stafford's acceptance to Oxford?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is sad.
5. What job does Harry get in Part 4, Chapter 21?
(b) Plant manager.
(c) He becomes unemployed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Margaret want Colin to leave Saxton in Part 4, Chapter 23?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 20, whom does Colin remain friends with from his school days?
3. When Margaret is accepted to a university, how far away from Colin is it?
4. Why does Elizabeth visit Derek in Part 5, Chapter 30?
5. Whom does Elizabeth accuse Colin of being jealous of in Part 5, Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Harry angry with Colin in Part 5, Chapter 27?
2. What does Margaret comment on after visiting the Savilles' house in Part 4, Chapter 22?
3. What do Colin and Stephens disagree about at work in Part 5, Chapter 25?
4. When Colin visits Stafford's home in Part 4, Chapter 17, how do Stafford's parents act?
5. Why does Colin go to the pub almost every night after teaching?
6. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what worries Colin most about Elizabeth?
7. What do Colin and Elizabeth fight about in Part 5, Chapter 30?
8. What are some of the things that happen during the party in Part 4, Chapter 19?
9. How does Colin choose the university he wants to attend in Part 4, Chapter 20?
10. What does Colin do before Margaret visits his parents' house for the first time?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)