|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth feel about her relationship with Colin?
(a) She feels that he is very mean.
(b) She feels they have a good chance.
(c) She feels they have little in common.
(d) She feels that he is too stubborn.
2. In Part 4, Chapter 17, whom does Stafford introduce Colin to?
(a) Farm owners.
(b) Opera singers.
(c) Students at a different school.
(d) Two girls.
3. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
(a) Judging people based on their wealth.
(b) Cheating on his girlfriend.
(c) Trying to grab everything for himself.
(d) Being too bossy.
4. How do Colin's students react to him in the classroom in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) They openly admit how much they are learning.
(b) They begin to have fun.
(c) They don't pay attention to him.
(d) They skip class.
5. Who talks Colin out of marrying Margaret?
(c) Dr. Dorman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth visit Derek in Part 5, Chapter 30?
2. What does Margaret's father do for a living?
3. Whom was Elizabeth living with before she moved out into her own flat?
4. Why does Colin take Steven into the backyard in Part 5, Chapter 26?
5. What exams does Colin take in Part 4, Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things that happen during the party in Part 4, Chapter 19?
2. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what worries Colin most about Elizabeth?
3. What happens when Colin tries to get in touch with Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 24?
4. What do Elizabeth and Colin argue about in Part 5, Chapter 29?
5. What happens when Colin asks Elizabeth what she'll do with her life in Part 5, Chapter 31?
6. What happens after Colin learns that Margaret and Stafford are a couple?
7. In Part 4, Chapter 18, what must Colin do for his brothers?
8. How does Colin choose the university he wants to attend in Part 4, Chapter 20?
9. Summarize what happens at the train station when Colin finally leaves Saxton?
10. What ends Colin's association with Stephens in Part 4, Chapter 17?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)