|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 22 what does Margaret help Colin's mother with?
(c) Organizing her pictures.
(d) Running errands.
2. In Part 4, Chapter 22, what do Colin and Margaret discuss heatedly?
(b) Women's rights.
(c) Worker's rights.
3. What does Colin tell Margaret when he loses her to Stafford?
(a) That he will get over her quickly.
(b) That he never loved her.
(c) That he will never move on.
(d) That he loves her.
4. Sheila's behavior toward Colin in Part 4, Chapter 19 is described in what way?
(a) Hot and cold.
(b) Too forward.
5. What does Colin argue with Steve about in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) Their mother's health.
(b) Steven's inability to earn money.
(c) Colin's new job.
(d) Steven's lack of academic ambition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret's father do for a living?
2. When Margaret is accepted to a university, how far away from Colin is it?
3. In Part 4, Chapter 20, whom does Colin remain friends with from his school days?
4. What do Harry and Colin argue about in Part 4, Chapter 24?
5. Who introduces Colin to Elizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Margaret comment on after visiting the Savilles' house in Part 4, Chapter 22?
2. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what worries Colin most about Elizabeth?
3. What happens during Colin's medical exam in Part 4, Chapter 23?
4. What are some of the things that happen during the party in Part 4, Chapter 19?
5. What do Colin and Stephens disagree about at work in Part 5, Chapter 25?
6. What happens when Harry talks to Colin about Andrew for the first time?
7. Why does Colin go to the pub almost every night after teaching?
8. What happens when Colin tells Margaret they shouldn't get married?
9. In Part 5, Chapter 26, what happens when Colin argues with Steven about the future?
10. What does Colin do before Margaret visits his parents' house for the first time?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)