|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen tell Colin about Steven in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) That Steven always means well.
(b) That Steven needs extra time in life.
(c) That Steven has never done Colin any harm.
(d) That Steven just isn't as smart as Colin.
2. What does Mr. Gannon recommend Colin do at college?
(a) Study abroad.
(b) Get a teaching credential.
(c) Study engineering.
(d) Learn Latin.
3. Why does Sheila refuse to visit the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 19?
(a) She says she doesn't know Colin well enough.
(b) She says it goes against her religion.
(c) She says her mother would never allow it.
(d) She says she doesn't like Colin that way.
4. Who calls Colin "Bard Colin"?
(b) Miss Woodson.
(c) Mr. Pratt.
(d) His coach.
5. What exams does Colin take in Part 4, Chapter 20?
(a) College entrance exams.
(b) King Edward's graduating exams.
(c) Midterm exams.
(d) Final exams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin realize after talking with Harry about Andrew for the first time?
2. Why does Elizabeth visit Derek in Part 5, Chapter 30?
3. What does Elizabeth do when Colin asks what she'll do with her life in Part 5, Chapter 31?
4. What does Michael Reagan do after his father's death?
5. What does Marion call Stafford when he puts his arm around her for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elizabeth view Colin on their first date?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 19, what happens when Colin invites Sheila over to his house?
3. What happens when Harry talks to Colin about Andrew for the first time?
4. What happens after Colin learns that Margaret and Stafford are a couple?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 23, what two things does Colin come to envy about Stafford?
6. What happens when Colin asks Elizabeth what she'll do with her life in Part 5, Chapter 31?
7. What happens when Colin tells Margaret they shouldn't get married?
8. In Part 4, Chapter 18, what must Colin do for his brothers?
9. What does Margaret comment on after visiting the Savilles' house in Part 4, Chapter 22?
10. What do Colin and Elizabeth fight about in Part 5, Chapter 30?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)