|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Harry and Colin argue about in Part 4, Chapter 24?
(a) Raising children.
(b) Colin's relationship with Margaret.
(c) Colin's finances.
(d) Working as a teacher.
2. What does Colin tell Margaret when he loses her to Stafford?
(a) That he will never move on.
(b) That he will get over her quickly.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he never loved her.
3. What makes Colin suspicious of Stafford's relationship with Margaret?
(a) They went to a dance together.
(b) He sends her presents.
(c) She keeps his picture in her wallet.
(d) They drive off together in his car.
4. What does Stephens try to convince Colin to steal in Part 4, Chapter 17?
(a) Cuff links.
(c) Tie clips.
(d) Fountain pens.
5. What does Harry say about Colin's teaching career in Part 4, Chapter 24?
(a) That he won't get respect.
(b) That he won't find a job.
(c) That it will be too difficult.
(d) That it will be easy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
2. Who are people most surprised to see take part in the festivities in Part 4, Chapter 19?
3. Where does Colin go with Audrey in Part 4, Chapter 18?
4. What does Colin argue with Steve about in Part 5, Chapter 26?
5. What surprise event happens to Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Colin feel when Steve is signed to a football team?
2. How does Colin feel about Stafford's decision for his future in Part 4, Chapter 20?
3. Why does Colin go to the pub almost every night after teaching?
4. What happens when Colin tries to get in touch with Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 24?
5. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what worries Colin most about Elizabeth?
6. What makes Harry angry with Colin in Part 5, Chapter 27?
7. In Part 4, Chapter 23, what two things does Colin come to envy about Stafford?
8. How does Colin choose the university he wants to attend in Part 4, Chapter 20?
9. What happens when Harry talks to Colin about Andrew for the first time?
10. What does Margaret comment on after visiting the Savilles' house in Part 4, Chapter 22?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)