|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise event happens to Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) He is accepted to Oxford.
(b) He breaks his arm.
(c) He gets a job in Italy.
(d) He is signed to a professional football team.
2. Who ends the relationship between Colin and Elizabeth?
3. How does Colin feel about Stafford's acceptance to Oxford?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is sad.
4. What are the Savilles lacking that surprises Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 22?
(a) A maid.
(d) Running water.
5. Why do the Savilles and their neighbors have a party in Part 4, Chapter 19?
(a) For Colin's birthday.
(b) For Harry's birthday.
(c) A new factory opened.
(d) The war has ended.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Colin to Elizabeth?
2. Why is Colin late meeting Audrey at her house in Part 4, Chapter 18?
3. How much money has Colin saved up to take with him when he leaves Saxton?
4. What does Margaret's brother do for a living?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 23, who does join the military?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colin do before Margaret visits his parents' house for the first time?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 23, what two things does Colin come to envy about Stafford?
3. How does Colin choose the university he wants to attend in Part 4, Chapter 20?
4. How does Michael react to his father's death?
5. When Colin visits Stafford's home in Part 4, Chapter 17, how do Stafford's parents act?
6. How does Elizabeth view Colin on their first date?
7. In Part 4, Chapter 18, what must Colin do for his brothers?
8. In Part 4, Chapter 19, what happens when Colin invites Sheila over to his house?
9. In Part 5, Chapter 26, what happens when Colin argues with Steven about the future?
10. What makes Harry angry with Colin in Part 5, Chapter 27?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)