|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career does Steven say he wants?
(a) To work in the coal mine.
(b) To be a musician.
(c) He doesn't know yet.
(d) To be a teacher.
2. What makes Colin so upset with Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) Steve's decision to work in a coal mine.
(b) Steve's cruelty to their mother.
(c) Steve's clothing choices.
(d) Steve's friendship with Derek.
3. What does Colin argue with Steve about in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) Steven's inability to earn money.
(b) Their mother's health.
(c) Colin's new job.
(d) Steven's lack of academic ambition.
4. How does Colin feel about Stafford's acceptance to Oxford?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is sad.
5. How does Stephens describe his students?
(a) As wastes of space.
(b) As bodies to be taught.
(c) As minds to be enlightened.
(d) As the joys of his day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sheila's behavior toward Colin in Part 4, Chapter 19 is described in what way?
2. What does Marion call Stafford when he puts his arm around her for the first time?
3. What does Elizabeth do when Colin asks what she'll do with her life in Part 5, Chapter 31?
4. When Margaret is accepted to a university, how far away from Colin is it?
5. What does Mr. Gannon recommend Colin do at college?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)