|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talks Colin out of marrying Margaret?
(a) Dr. Dorman.
2. In Part 4, Chapter 20, whom does Colin remain friends with from his school days?
(d) No one.
3. Why does Margaret want Colin to leave Saxton in Part 4, Chapter 23?
(a) To better his life.
(b) To help with her rent.
(c) To grow up.
(d) To find a good job.
4. What does Colin realize after talking with Harry about Andrew for the first time?
(a) That his parents had more children to replace Andrew.
(b) That he is jealous of Andrew.
(c) That his mother still grieves every day.
(d) That he'll never replace Andrew.
5. What happened to the dance hall that Michael Reagan was managing?
(a) It was robbed.
(b) It went bankrupt.
(c) It had a water main break.
(d) It burned to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Savilles and their neighbors have a party in Part 4, Chapter 19?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 22, what do Colin and Margaret discuss heatedly?
3. Why doesn't Colin serve in the military?
4. What does Michael begin to wear after his father's death?
5. What is unusual about Sheila's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Colin asks Elizabeth what she'll do with her life in Part 5, Chapter 31?
2. How does Michael react to his father's death?
3. Summarize what happens at the train station when Colin finally leaves Saxton?
4. What happens when Colin tells Margaret they shouldn't get married?
5. What does Colin do before Margaret visits his parents' house for the first time?
6. What happens when Colin tries to get in touch with Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 24?
7. What do Colin and Elizabeth fight about in Part 5, Chapter 30?
8. What ends Colin's association with Stephens in Part 4, Chapter 17?
9. How does Colin feel when Steve is signed to a football team?
10. What do Colin and Stephens disagree about at work in Part 5, Chapter 25?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)