|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin argue with Steve about in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) Steven's inability to earn money.
(b) Their mother's health.
(c) Steven's lack of academic ambition.
(d) Colin's new job.
2. What job does Harry get in Part 4, Chapter 21?
(a) Plant manager.
(b) He becomes unemployed.
3. What makes Colin suspicious of Stafford's relationship with Margaret?
(a) They went to a dance together.
(b) He sends her presents.
(c) They drive off together in his car.
(d) She keeps his picture in her wallet.
4. What does Marion call Stafford when he puts his arm around her for the first time?
5. What does Harry try to convince his father to do when he visits him at a nursing home?
(a) To write a memoir.
(b) To come live with the Savilles.
(c) To move to a better nursing home.
(d) To share his secret recipes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, Chapter 29, who makes an unexpected visit to Colin?
2. Where does Colin go with Audrey in Part 4, Chapter 18?
3. Where does Stephens usually take Colin on the back of his scooter after work?
4. How does Stephens do in school?
5. Why do the Savilles and their neighbors have a party in Part 4, Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Gannon think when he visits the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 21?
2. What makes Harry angry with Colin in Part 5, Chapter 27?
3. Why does Colin go to the pub almost every night after teaching?
4. How does Colin feel when Steve is signed to a football team?
5. What does Colin do before Margaret visits his parents' house for the first time?
6. How does Colin choose the university he wants to attend in Part 4, Chapter 20?
7. What happens during Colin's medical exam in Part 4, Chapter 23?
8. What happens when Colin tries to get in touch with Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 24?
9. How does Michael react to his father's death?
10. Summarize what happens at the train station when Colin finally leaves Saxton?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)