|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talks Colin out of marrying Margaret?
(c) Dr. Dorman.
2. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
(a) Judging people based on their wealth.
(b) Being too bossy.
(c) Trying to grab everything for himself.
(d) Cheating on his girlfriend.
3. After Colin and Elizabeth break up, what does Elizabeth say she wants for Colin?
(a) For him to make amends with his parents.
(b) For him to find true love.
(c) For him to commit himself to a community.
(d) For him to find a better job.
4. How does Colin meet Sheila?
(a) She works at the local store.
(b) She is a cousin of a friend.
(c) She is his tutor.
(d) She is new to the neighborhood.
5. In Part 5, Chapter 25, what does Colin learn about Margaret?
(a) That she is engaged to Stafford.
(b) That she is going to law school.
(c) That she broke up with Stafford.
(d) That she is moving to Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth visit Derek in Part 5, Chapter 30?
2. When Margaret is accepted to a university, how far away from Colin is it?
3. What exams does Colin take in Part 4, Chapter 20?
4. After their first date, when does Audrey tell Colin to come to her house?
5. How does Colin answer a test question in Part 4, Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth feel that she and Colin are not destined to have a long relationship?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 23, what two things does Colin come to envy about Stafford?
3. What do Colin and Elizabeth fight about in Part 5, Chapter 30?
4. What happens when Colin asks Elizabeth what she'll do with her life in Part 5, Chapter 31?
5. What do Elizabeth and Colin argue about in Part 5, Chapter 29?
6. Summarize what happens at the train station when Colin finally leaves Saxton?
7. What does Mr. Gannon think when he visits the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 21?
8. How does Michael react to his father's death?
9. Why does Colin go to the pub almost every night after teaching?
10. How does Colin choose the university he wants to attend in Part 4, Chapter 20?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)