|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what event does Colin place second in the spring track meet?
(a) Long jump.
(b) Shot put.
(c) High jump.
(d) 20-meter dash.
2. What nationalities are the prisoners of war Colin interacts with in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(a) English and Irish.
(b) Polish and Russian.
(c) French and Spanish.
(d) German and Italian.
3. Why does Harry creosote the timbers for his bomb shelter?
(a) To build doors.
(b) To support the walls.
(c) To make them easy to saw.
(d) To keep it water tight.
4. What does Ellen's mother think girls should do?
(a) Take care of the animals.
(b) Take care of their husbands.
(c) Take care of their mothers.
(d) Take care of the children.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what irritates Ellen about Andrew?
(a) His outgoing personality.
(b) His shyness.
(c) His sleepiness.
(d) His speech impediment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Andrew in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. Where does Colin stay when his mother is in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. What do Grandfather and Mr. Reagan talk about when Grandfather comes to stay with the Savilles?
4. How does Colin think he did on the examination in Part 2, Chapter 9?
5. How long does Colin work on the farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ellen able to tell when Colin takes Steven to the hut?
2. Describe the house the Savilles move into just outside of Saxton.
3. How is Colin different from Andrew?
4. How does Harry act when Colin comes home from taking his examination?
5. What does Colin look like after a day of working on the farm?
6. What makes the food the Savilles serve Stafford in Part 3, Chapter 15 so special?
7. Why does Colin get in trouble with his father in Part 2, Chapter 10?
8. What were the results of the entrance exam for Colin and his friends?
9. How does Harry feel about his family's vacation to the seashore?
10. Why does Colin get into a fist fight in Part 3, Chapter 15?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)