|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which day of school is Colin late for?
(a) The third.
(b) The first.
(c) The second.
(d) The fourth.
2. Whose voice does Colin hear one day while working on the farm?
3. What did Harry tell Colin about the hospital?
(a) Doctors were his friends.
(b) It closed early.
(c) It was for sick people only.
(d) No children were allowed.
4. How does Colin think he did on the examination in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) He has no idea.
(c) Very well.
5. How does Colin get a sled in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Ian lets him borrow his.
(b) He finds it behind his school.
(c) Ellen buys him one.
(d) Harry makes him one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shift does Harry work at the coal pit?
2. When Ellen's parents are on their death bed, how does Ellen feel about her relationship with them?
3. How old is Colin in Part 3, Chapter 14?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 5, how long is Colin's mother in the hospital?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Harry's friend urge him to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Colin hears a voice while working on the farm in Part 3, Chapter 14?
2. How did Harry build his bomb shelter?
3. What happens during Colin's first day of school?
4. What happens the first time Colin goes to Sunday school?
5. Why does Harry look up to Mr. Reagan?
6. How does Harry act when Colin comes home from taking his examination?
7. How does Colin feel after Steven comes home in Part 2, Chapter 6?
8. How is Ellen able to tell when Colin takes Steven to the hut?
9. What were the results of the entrance exam for Colin and his friends?
10. Describe the house the Savilles move into just outside of Saxton.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)