|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Woodson treat her students at King Edward's?
(a) She embarrasses them.
(b) She yells at them.
(c) She gets them out of trouble.
(d) She helps them.
2. Where does Mr. Bletchley work?
(a) A coal mine.
(b) A truck depot.
(c) A bank.
(d) He is unemployed.
3. What are the two parts of Saxton?
(a) The new part and the old part.
(b) The east part and the west part.
(c) The rich part and the poor part.
(d) The north part and the south part.
4. Who does Colin get into a fist fight with in Part 3, Chapter 15?
5. Where does Colin stay when his mother is in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) With the Shaws.
(b) Alone at his house.
(c) With Harry's boss.
(d) In the hospital with his mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Batty get involved with in Part 3, Chapter 13?
2. When Ellen goes to the hospital to have her baby, who helps Steven get ready in the morning?
3. Whose voice does Colin hear one day while working on the farm?
4. How old is Colin in Part 3, Chapter 14?
5. What happened when the Savilles and their neighbors went into Harry's bomb shelter in Part 1, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Colin's first day of school?
2. Why couldn't Colin live at his own house in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. Why does Colin get in trouble with his father in Part 2, Chapter 10?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 8, how does Harry treat Colin's practice tests?
5. Why does Harry decide to go to a different beach in Part 1, Chapter 3?
6. What happens the first time Colin goes to Sunday school?
7. What do the Savilles begin to do every Sunday in Part 2, Chapter 8?
8. How does inventing affect Harry in Part 2, Chapter 7?
9. What happens when Colin helps a fellow student at school in Part 3, Chapter 13?
10. How did Harry build his bomb shelter?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)