|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin think about the night before his examinations?
(a) His hut with Ian.
(b) Making more money than his father.
(c) His mother letting him stay home from school.
(d) Math and quiz problems.
2. What does Batty get involved with in Part 3, Chapter 13?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Playing rugby.
(c) Building huts.
(d) Working in a coal mine.
3. Who helps with Ellen's dying parents in Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) Ellen's brother.
(b) Ellen's niece.
(c) Ellen's cousin.
(d) Ellen's sister.
4. When the Savilles go sledding in Part 2, Chapter 10, who does not enjoy the activity?
5. Who decides that Colin should attend Sunday school?
(c) Mr. Morrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Harry and his family move just outside of Saxton?
2. How does Colin get a sled in Part 2, Chapter 10?
3. What does Harry begin to do every night before work in Part 2, Chapter 7?
4. What does Ellen's mother think girls should do?
5. Why is Michael Reagan teased at Sunday school?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 18, what must Colin do for his brothers?
2. What do Elizabeth and Colin argue about in Part 5, Chapter 29?
3. What happens the first time Colin goes to Sunday school?
4. Why does Harry decide to go to a different beach in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. How does Colin feel about the town where his new school is?
6. When Colin stays with the Shaws in Part 1, Chapter 5, how is his life?
7. How does inventing affect Harry in Part 2, Chapter 7?
8. What happened when Colin and Harry went into the city in Part 1, Chapter 4?
9. What does Colin look like after a day of working on the farm?
10. What does Margaret comment on after visiting the Savilles' house in Part 4, Chapter 22?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)