|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps the Savilles manage their grief over losing Andrew?
(c) An unnamed neighbor.
2. What are the Saxon's neighbors waiting for in Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) The delivery of a daily newspaper.
(b) The opening of a new factory.
(c) The end of the war.
(d) The housing prices to rise.
3. Who decides that Colin should attend Sunday school?
(d) Mr. Morrison.
4. Why does Harry beat Colin in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) For forgetting Steven at the park.
(b) For taking Steven to a dangerous place.
(c) For doing poorly on his entrance exam.
(d) For breaking his sled.
5. Where is the hut that Colin and his friends built?
(a) Next to the train tracks.
(b) Behind an incinerator.
(c) In a valley.
(d) By the septic dump.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Colin get into a fist fight with in Part 3, Chapter 15?
2. How long does Colin's examination take?
3. What does Harry do after running into his friend in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. Who teaches Colin's class at his new school?
5. How does Stafford travel to and from school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry decide to go to a different beach in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. Why is Colin late for school in Part 3, Chapter 12?
3. How does Colin feel about the town where his new school is?
4. What happens when Colin helps a fellow student at school in Part 3, Chapter 13?
5. What does Colin look like after a day of working on the farm?
6. How is Ellen able to tell when Colin takes Steven to the hut?
7. Why does Colin get into a fist fight in Part 3, Chapter 15?
8. Describe the house the Savilles move into just outside of Saxton.
9. What do the Savilles begin to do every Sunday in Part 2, Chapter 8?
10. What happens when Colin hears a voice while working on the farm in Part 3, Chapter 14?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)