|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivates Harry to create more inventions?
(a) The chance of leaving his job.
(b) A letter saying his design is under consideration.
(c) Ellen's kind words.
(d) A $500 grant.
2. Why does Harry become frustrated with Colin's preparatory tests?
(a) He can't find the advanced tests anywhere.
(b) Colin keeps getting too many wrong.
(c) The tests are all the same.
(d) The questions become harder.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what do Ellen's parents complain about when she visits them?
(a) How little their children do for them.
(b) How Ellen doesn't visit often enough.
(c) How broke they are.
(d) How their house is falling apart.
4. How many bunk beds does Harry put in the bomb shelter?
5. When Ellen's parents are on their death bed, how does Ellen feel about her relationship with them?
(a) She made them proud.
(b) She was abused.
(c) She did all she could.
(d) She is a disappointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which day of school is Colin late for?
2. How long does Colin work on the farm?
3. When does Harry start building the bomb shelter?
4. What does Harry do after running into his friend in Part 1, Chapter 3?
5. What nationalities are the prisoners of war Colin interacts with in Part 3, Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the house the Savilles move into just outside of Saxton.
2. How does inventing affect Harry in Part 2, Chapter 7?
3. Why does Colin get into a fist fight in Part 3, Chapter 15?
4. What do the Savilles begin to do every Sunday in Part 2, Chapter 8?
5. Why does Harry decide to go to a different beach in Part 1, Chapter 3?
6. What does Colin look like after a day of working on the farm?
7. What makes the food the Savilles serve Stafford in Part 3, Chapter 15 so special?
8. How is Colin different from Andrew?
9. What happens when Colin helps a fellow student at school in Part 3, Chapter 13?
10. Why does Harry look up to Mr. Reagan?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)