|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Harry start building the bomb shelter?
(a) After his family's summer vacation.
(b) Before Colin's birthday.
(c) After he gets a bonus at work.
(d) After his neighbors were robbed.
2. When Ellen goes to the hospital to have her baby, who helps Steven get ready in the morning?
(d) Mr. Reagan.
3. Where will Colin go to school in the fall?
(a) King Edward's Grammar School.
(b) Elizabethan Prep.
(c) Liggett University.
(d) Melsham Manor.
4. Why does Ellen buy Colin's uniform too large for him?
(a) Because she didn't know his size.
(b) So he can grow into it.
(c) Because it was the only size available.
(d) So he won't feel too confident.
5. How many bunk beds does Harry put in the bomb shelter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What motivates Harry to create more inventions?
2. What does Ellen do to Harry when Stafford comes over for tea?
3. What does Harry do after running into his friend in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. Where do the Savilles walk for an hour every Sunday?
5. Who helps with Ellen's dying parents in Part 3, Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Colin and Harry went into the city in Part 1, Chapter 4?
2. What happens the first time Colin goes to Sunday school?
3. What does Colin look like after a day of working on the farm?
4. How does Ellen feel when she visits her parents in Part 3, Chapter 16?
5. How is Colin different from Andrew?
6. What happens when Colin hears a voice while working on the farm in Part 3, Chapter 14?
7. Why couldn't Colin live at his own house in Part 1, Chapter 5?
8. Describe the house the Savilles move into just outside of Saxton.
9. What happens on the bus ride to Colin's examination?
10. What makes the food the Savilles serve Stafford in Part 3, Chapter 15 so special?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)