|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Colin's examination take?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One and a half hours.
(d) All day.
2. What does Stafford buy for Colin in Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) A watch.
(b) A charm.
(c) A tie clip.
(d) Cuff links.
3. What job does Colin do when he works on a farm?
(a) Cuts and bundles grain.
(b) Milks cows.
(c) Feeds animals.
(d) Sows seeds.
4. What nickname does Harry's brother, Jack, go by?
(a) Black Jack.
(b) Jack Jack.
(c) Mad Jack.
(d) Jack Man.
5. Where does Harry plant vegetables in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) In Mr. Reagan's backyard.
(b) In a neighboring farm town.
(c) In his backyard.
(d) The community garden in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 16, where are Ellen's parents confined?
2. When do Harry and his family move just outside of Saxton?
3. Where do Ellen and Colin go to buy his school uniform?
4. How does Stafford travel to and from school?
5. Where is the hut that Colin and his friends built?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Harry build his bomb shelter?
2. Why couldn't Colin live at his own house in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. How does Harry feel about his family's vacation to the seashore?
4. Why does Colin get into a fist fight in Part 3, Chapter 15?
5. What do the Savilles begin to do every Sunday in Part 2, Chapter 8?
6. What makes the food the Savilles serve Stafford in Part 3, Chapter 15 so special?
7. How does Harry act when Colin comes home from taking his examination?
8. Describe the house the Savilles move into just outside of Saxton.
9. Why is Colin late for school in Part 3, Chapter 12?
10. What happens when Colin helps a fellow student at school in Part 3, Chapter 13?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)