|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 16, where are Ellen's parents confined?
(a) To the first floor of their house.
(b) To their bed.
(c) To the couch.
(d) To the hospital.
2. Which day of school is Colin late for?
(a) The fourth.
(b) The third.
(c) The second.
(d) The first.
3. Who failed the grammar school entrance exam?
4. Where do Colin and Stafford go after finishing tea at the Savilles' in Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) To a diner.
(b) To the hut.
(c) To town.
(d) To the movies.
5. What do Grandfather and Mr. Reagan talk about when Grandfather comes to stay with the Savilles?
(a) Hunting stories.
(b) War stories.
(c) Love stories.
(d) Fishing stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin see his father do when he follows him to the park in Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. Whose voice does Colin hear one day while working on the farm?
3. When Ellen's parents are on their death bed, how does Ellen feel about her relationship with them?
4. What does the school's motto, Labor Ipse Voluptas, mean?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 13, what does Harry tell Colin he is proud of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry look up to Mr. Reagan?
2. What were the results of the entrance exam for Colin and his friends?
3. How does inventing affect Harry in Part 2, Chapter 7?
4. Why is Harry Saville impressed with Stafford in Part 3, Chapter 12?
5. How does Ellen feel when she visits her parents in Part 3, Chapter 16?
6. How does Colin feel about the town where his new school is?
7. Why couldn't Colin live at his own house in Part 1, Chapter 5?
8. What happens during Colin's first day of school?
9. When Colin stays with the Shaws in Part 1, Chapter 5, how is his life?
10. How is Colin different from Andrew?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)