|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Grandfather and Mr. Reagan talk about when Grandfather comes to stay with the Savilles?
(a) Hunting stories.
(b) Love stories.
(c) War stories.
(d) Fishing stories.
2. How does Mr. Hodge's react to Colin's tardiness in Part 3, Chapter 12?
(a) He gives Colin a red mark.
(b) He gives Colin a detention.
(c) He gives Colin a time out.
(d) He gives Colin extra homework.
3. What job does Colin do when he works on a farm?
(a) Cuts and bundles grain.
(b) Feeds animals.
(c) Milks cows.
(d) Sows seeds.
4. Where will Colin go to school in the fall?
(a) Liggett University.
(b) Melsham Manor.
(c) Elizabethan Prep.
(d) King Edward's Grammar School.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what irritates Ellen about Andrew?
(a) His shyness.
(b) His speech impediment.
(c) His outgoing personality.
(d) His sleepiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harry know the friend he runs into while at the seashore in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. Why did the Savilles and their neighbors go into Harry's bomb shelter in Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. Who decides that Colin should attend Sunday school?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Harry's friend urge him to do?
5. How does Colin think he did on the examination in Part 2, Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Savilles begin to do every Sunday in Part 2, Chapter 8?
2. How does Colin feel about the town where his new school is?
3. Why does Harry decide to go to a different beach in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. How is Colin different from Andrew?
5. How is Ellen able to tell when Colin takes Steven to the hut?
6. What happens on the bus ride to Colin's examination?
7. Why does Colin get in trouble with his father in Part 2, Chapter 10?
8. What makes the food the Savilles serve Stafford in Part 3, Chapter 15 so special?
9. What happened when Colin and Harry went into the city in Part 1, Chapter 4?
10. How does Ellen feel when she visits her parents in Part 3, Chapter 16?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)