|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two parts of Saxton?
(a) The new part and the old part.
(b) The north part and the south part.
(c) The rich part and the poor part.
(d) The east part and the west part.
2. Who does Colin get into a fist fight with in Part 3, Chapter 15?
3. How long does Colin work on the farm?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Seven weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
4. Where is the Dell located?
(a) Behind a factory.
(b) Across from a coal mine.
(c) Near the sewer works.
(d) By the train tracks.
5. What does Batty get involved with in Part 3, Chapter 13?
(a) Working in a coal mine.
(b) Building huts.
(c) Playing rugby.
(d) Drinking alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry creosote the timbers for his bomb shelter?
2. Where is the hut that Colin and his friends built?
3. Why does Ellen buy Colin's uniform too large for him?
4. Who do the Savilles run into while sledding in Part 2, Chapter 10?
5. What does Colin think about the night before his examinations?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 8, how does Harry treat Colin's practice tests?
2. Why does Harry look up to Mr. Reagan?
3. What happens when Colin hears a voice while working on the farm in Part 3, Chapter 14?
4. Why is Colin late for school in Part 3, Chapter 12?
5. How did Harry build his bomb shelter?
6. What happens on the bus ride to Colin's examination?
7. How does Ellen feel when she visits her parents in Part 3, Chapter 16?
8. How is Colin different from Andrew?
9. What happens during Colin's first day of school?
10. What do the Savilles begin to do every Sunday in Part 2, Chapter 8?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)