|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ellen goes to the hospital to have her baby, who helps Steven get ready in the morning?
(a) Mr. Reagan.
2. How does Andrew die?
(b) The family doesn't know.
(c) An accident.
3. What does Harry do after running into his friend in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He invites his friend for dinner.
(b) He borrows money from his friend.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He goes to a different beach.
4. What motivates Harry to create more inventions?
(a) Ellen's kind words.
(b) The chance of leaving his job.
(c) A $500 grant.
(d) A letter saying his design is under consideration.
5. When does Harry start building the bomb shelter?
(a) After he gets a bonus at work.
(b) Before Colin's birthday.
(c) After his neighbors were robbed.
(d) After his family's summer vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Harry tell Colin about the hospital?
2. How long will Colin's bus ride be when he starts school in the fall?
3. What are the two parts of Saxton?
4. How does Miss Woodson treat her students at King Edward's?
5. What shift does Harry work at the coal pit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth feel that she and Colin are not destined to have a long relationship?
2. What happens during Colin's medical exam in Part 4, Chapter 23?
3. How did Harry build his bomb shelter?
4. What happened when Colin and Harry went into the city in Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. Why does Colin get into a fist fight in Part 3, Chapter 15?
6. What makes Harry angry with Colin in Part 5, Chapter 27?
7. How does Harry act when Colin comes home from taking his examination?
8. In Part 3, Chapter 16, how does Colin describe the teachers at his school?
9. What do Colin and Elizabeth fight about in Part 5, Chapter 30?
10. What happens when Colin helps a fellow student at school in Part 3, Chapter 13?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)