|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the hut that Colin and his friends built?
(a) Behind an incinerator.
(b) By the septic dump.
(c) Next to the train tracks.
(d) In a valley.
2. When Ellen's parents are on their death bed, how does Ellen feel about her relationship with them?
(a) She is a disappointment.
(b) She made them proud.
(c) She was abused.
(d) She did all she could.
3. What day of the week does Stafford come over to the Savilles' house in Part 3, Chapter 15?
4. Why does Ellen buy Colin's uniform too large for him?
(a) Because she didn't know his size.
(b) So he won't feel too confident.
(c) Because it was the only size available.
(d) So he can grow into it.
5. How long will Colin's bus ride be when he starts school in the fall?
(a) A half hour each way.
(b) An hour and a half each way.
(c) Ten minutes each way.
(d) An hour each way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Savilles walk for an hour every Sunday?
2. How does Colin think he did on the examination in Part 2, Chapter 9?
3. How does Stafford travel to and from school?
4. Where does Colin stay when his mother is in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. What are the Saxon's neighbors waiting for in Part 3, Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Colin learns that Margaret and Stafford are a couple?
2. Why does Harry decide to go to a different beach in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What does Mr. Gannon think when he visits the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 21?
4. What happens when Colin asks Elizabeth what she'll do with her life in Part 5, Chapter 31?
5. What happens when Colin tries to get in touch with Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 24?
6. Summarize what happens at the train station when Colin finally leaves Saxton?
7. In Part 4, Chapter 19, what happens when Colin invites Sheila over to his house?
8. Why couldn't Colin live at his own house in Part 1, Chapter 5?
9. In Part 4, Chapter 23, what two things does Colin come to envy about Stafford?
10. How did Harry build his bomb shelter?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)