|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin see his father do when he follows him to the park in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) Steal money.
(b) Buy a gun.
(c) Beat up another man.
(d) March with other men.
2. Where is the hut that Colin and his friends built?
(a) By the septic dump.
(b) Next to the train tracks.
(c) Behind an incinerator.
(d) In a valley.
3. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what do Ellen's parents complain about when she visits them?
(a) How their house is falling apart.
(b) How broke they are.
(c) How Ellen doesn't visit often enough.
(d) How little their children do for them.
4. What does Ellen's mother think girls should do?
(a) Take care of their mothers.
(b) Take care of their husbands.
(c) Take care of the children.
(d) Take care of the animals.
5. How does Colin get a sled in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) He finds it behind his school.
(b) Harry makes him one.
(c) Ian lets him borrow his.
(d) Ellen buys him one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationalities are the prisoners of war Colin interacts with in Part 3, Chapter 14?
2. In Part 1, Chapter 5, how long is Colin's mother in the hospital?
3. Why does Harry beat Colin in Part 2, Chapter 10?
4. Why is Michael Reagan teased at Sunday school?
5. Where is the Dell located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why couldn't Colin live at his own house in Part 1, Chapter 5?
2. What happens when Colin hears a voice while working on the farm in Part 3, Chapter 14?
3. How is Colin different from Andrew?
4. Why is Colin late for school in Part 3, Chapter 12?
5. When Colin stays with the Shaws in Part 1, Chapter 5, how is his life?
6. How does Harry act when Colin comes home from taking his examination?
7. What happened when Colin and Harry went into the city in Part 1, Chapter 4?
8. What do the Savilles begin to do every Sunday in Part 2, Chapter 8?
9. How did Harry build his bomb shelter?
10. How does Colin feel after Steven comes home in Part 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)