|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Harry feel toward Mr. Reagan?
(a) He is afraid of him.
(b) He is intimidated by him.
(c) He admires him.
(d) He is jealous of him.
2. What does Colin do after his job on the farm ends?
(a) He starts to study for the fall.
(b) He hangs out with his friends.
(c) He helps his mom at home.
(d) He finds more work.
3. What does Batty get involved with in Part 3, Chapter 13?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Working in a coal mine.
(c) Playing rugby.
(d) Building huts.
4. What does Harry begin to do every night before work in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Build his inventions.
(b) Play football.
(d) Talk on the phone.
5. How long will Colin's bus ride be when he starts school in the fall?
(a) A half hour each way.
(b) An hour each way.
(c) An hour and a half each way.
(d) Ten minutes each way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Harry's brother, Jack, go by?
2. What does Harry do after running into his friend in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. What does Ellen do to Harry when Stafford comes over for tea?
4. How did Harry feel after Colin's fist fight in Part 3, Chapter 15?
5. What does the school's motto, Labor Ipse Voluptas, mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry act when Colin comes home from taking his examination?
2. Why is Colin late for school in Part 3, Chapter 12?
3. Why does Colin get in trouble with his father in Part 2, Chapter 10?
4. How does Harry feel about his family's vacation to the seashore?
5. What happens during Colin's first day of school?
6. How does Ellen feel when she visits her parents in Part 3, Chapter 16?
7. What happens when Colin hears a voice while working on the farm in Part 3, Chapter 14?
8. Why does Harry decide to go to a different beach in Part 1, Chapter 3?
9. What does Colin look like after a day of working on the farm?
10. What happens the first time Colin goes to Sunday school?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)