|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry begin to do every night before work in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Play football.
(c) Build his inventions.
(d) Talk on the phone.
2. Who does Harry give vegetables to in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Bletchly.
(b) Mr. Reagan.
(c) Mr. Morrison.
(d) Mr. Shaw.
3. Where does Mr. Bletchley work?
(a) A bank.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) A truck depot.
(d) A coal mine.
4. When do Harry and his family move just outside of Saxton?
(a) The 1920s.
(b) The 1910s.
(c) The 1940s.
(d) The 1930s.
5. How does Mr. Hodge's react to Colin's tardiness in Part 3, Chapter 12?
(a) He gives Colin a detention.
(b) He gives Colin extra homework.
(c) He gives Colin a time out.
(d) He gives Colin a red mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Andrew die?
2. When does Harry start building the bomb shelter?
3. In what event does Colin place second in the spring track meet?
4. Why does Harry become frustrated with Colin's preparatory tests?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 7, who does Colin go to Sunday school with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Colin feel after Steven comes home in Part 2, Chapter 6?
2. Why is Colin late for school in Part 3, Chapter 12?
3. What happens the first time Colin goes to Sunday school?
4. How does inventing affect Harry in Part 2, Chapter 7?
5. What happens when Colin helps a fellow student at school in Part 3, Chapter 13?
6. Why is Harry Saville impressed with Stafford in Part 3, Chapter 12?
7. How is Ellen able to tell when Colin takes Steven to the hut?
8. What makes the food the Savilles serve Stafford in Part 3, Chapter 15 so special?
9. How does Harry feel about his family's vacation to the seashore?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 8, how does Harry treat Colin's practice tests?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)