|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry begin to do every night before work in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(b) Talk on the phone.
(c) Play football.
(d) Build his inventions.
2. How many bunk beds does Harry put in the bomb shelter?
3. What does Ellen do to Harry when Stafford comes over for tea?
(a) She straightens his tie.
(b) She tells him to leave the room.
(c) She makes fun of his accent.
(d) She corrects his grammar.
4. What shift does Harry work at the coal pit?
(a) A split shift.
(b) The day shift.
(c) The night shift.
(d) The afternoon shift.
5. How does Andrew die?
(a) An accident.
(d) The family doesn't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rugby team is Colin asked to join at his school?
2. What did Harry tell Colin about the hospital?
3. What happened when the Savilles and their neighbors went into Harry's bomb shelter in Part 1, Chapter 4?
4. In what event does Colin place second in the spring track meet?
5. Where do the Savilles walk for an hour every Sunday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the bus ride to Colin's examination?
2. Why does Harry decide to go to a different beach in Part 1, Chapter 3?
3. How does Colin feel about the town where his new school is?
4. Why is Colin late for school in Part 3, Chapter 12?
5. What does Colin look like after a day of working on the farm?
6. What do the Savilles begin to do every Sunday in Part 2, Chapter 8?
7. Describe the house the Savilles move into just outside of Saxton.
8. What happens when Colin hears a voice while working on the farm in Part 3, Chapter 14?
9. What were the results of the entrance exam for Colin and his friends?
10. When Colin stays with the Shaws in Part 1, Chapter 5, how is his life?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)