|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Harry's friend urge him to do?
(a) Start a business.
(b) Leave his family.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Write a book.
2. Who do the Savilles run into while sledding in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Reagan.
3. When Ellen's parents are on their death bed, how does Ellen feel about her relationship with them?
(a) She was abused.
(b) She made them proud.
(c) She is a disappointment.
(d) She did all she could.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what irritates Ellen about Andrew?
(a) His speech impediment.
(b) His shyness.
(c) His sleepiness.
(d) His outgoing personality.
5. How does Andrew die?
(a) An accident.
(c) The family doesn't know.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harry give vegetables to in Part 2, Chapter 8?
2. What day of the week does Stafford come over to the Savilles' house in Part 3, Chapter 15?
3. When do Harry and his family move just outside of Saxton?
4. Who failed the grammar school entrance exam?
5. How does Miss Woodson treat her students at King Edward's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Harry look up to Mr. Reagan?
2. What does Colin look like after a day of working on the farm?
3. How does Colin feel about the town where his new school is?
4. How does Colin feel after Steven comes home in Part 2, Chapter 6?
5. Why does Harry decide to go to a different beach in Part 1, Chapter 3?
6. What do the Savilles begin to do every Sunday in Part 2, Chapter 8?
7. Why couldn't Colin live at his own house in Part 1, Chapter 5?
8. What happens on the bus ride to Colin's examination?
9. Describe the house the Savilles move into just outside of Saxton.
10. Why is Harry Saville impressed with Stafford in Part 3, Chapter 12?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)