|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Colin and Stafford go after finishing tea at the Savilles' in Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) To a diner.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To the hut.
(d) To town.
2. Who helps the Savilles manage their grief over losing Andrew?
(a) An unnamed neighbor.
3. Why does Harry help Colin with testing every night in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) So Colin can skip the next grade in school.
(b) So Colin can go to military school.
(c) So Colin can stay back a grade in school.
(d) So Colin can do better in school.
4. In Part 3, Chapter 13, what does Harry tell Colin he is proud of?
(a) The school he attends.
(b) His relationship with his brother.
(c) His grades.
(d) His performance in sports.
5. What happened when the Savilles and their neighbors went into Harry's bomb shelter in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) The roof collapsed.
(b) It was flooded.
(c) The door wouldn't close.
(d) The door wouldn't open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colin do after his job on the farm ends?
2. Where is the Dell located?
3. Where is the hut that Colin and his friends built?
4. How does Harry feel toward Mr. Reagan?
5. Who helps with Ellen's dying parents in Part 3, Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Harry build his bomb shelter?
2. What were the results of the entrance exam for Colin and his friends?
3. Why does Colin get into a fist fight in Part 3, Chapter 15?
4. What happens the first time Colin goes to Sunday school?
5. How does inventing affect Harry in Part 2, Chapter 7?
6. Why does Harry decide to go to a different beach in Part 1, Chapter 3?
7. What makes the food the Savilles serve Stafford in Part 3, Chapter 15 so special?
8. Why couldn't Colin live at his own house in Part 1, Chapter 5?
9. How does Ellen feel when she visits her parents in Part 3, Chapter 16?
10. How does Colin feel about the town where his new school is?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)