|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shift does Harry work at the coal pit?
(a) The afternoon shift.
(b) The day shift.
(c) The night shift.
(d) A split shift.
2. How does Harry punish Colin for taking Steven to the hut?
(a) He whips him.
(b) He sends him to his grandparents.
(c) He grounds him.
(d) He takes his trains.
3. Where does Colin meet Stafford in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) During recess.
(b) In the principal's office.
(c) At the park.
(d) In town.
4. What did Harry tell Colin about the hospital?
(a) Doctors were his friends.
(b) It was for sick people only.
(c) It closed early.
(d) No children were allowed.
5. Why was Colin's mother in the hospital?
(a) She broke a bone.
(b) She was having a baby.
(c) She needed surgery.
(d) She was depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry begin to do every night before work in Part 2, Chapter 7?
2. How old is Colin in Part 3, Chapter 14?
3. Why does Harry become frustrated with Colin's preparatory tests?
4. Where do Ellen and Colin go to buy his school uniform?
5. Who does Harry give vegetables to in Part 2, Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Colin and Harry went into the city in Part 1, Chapter 4?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 8, how does Harry treat Colin's practice tests?
3. How did Harry build his bomb shelter?
4. Why couldn't Colin live at his own house in Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. What does Colin look like after a day of working on the farm?
6. What do the Savilles begin to do every Sunday in Part 2, Chapter 8?
7. How does Colin feel after Steven comes home in Part 2, Chapter 6?
8. Why is Harry Saville impressed with Stafford in Part 3, Chapter 12?
9. What were the results of the entrance exam for Colin and his friends?
10. What happens during Colin's first day of school?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)