|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry beat Colin in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) For taking Steven to a dangerous place.
(b) For breaking his sled.
(c) For forgetting Steven at the park.
(d) For doing poorly on his entrance exam.
2. How old is Andrew in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. How long will Colin's bus ride be when he starts school in the fall?
(a) A half hour each way.
(b) An hour each way.
(c) Ten minutes each way.
(d) An hour and a half each way.
4. Why did the Savilles and their neighbors go into Harry's bomb shelter in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) They were showing it off.
(b) There was a tornado.
(c) Harry was looking for work building bomb shelters.
(d) There was an air raid.
5. What does Harry do after running into his friend in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He invites his friend for dinner.
(b) He goes home.
(c) He borrows money from his friend.
(d) He goes to a different beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Harry tell Colin about the hospital?
2. Who helps the Savilles manage their grief over losing Andrew?
3. How was Harry able to take his family to the seashore in Part 1, Chapter 3?
4. Who does Harry give vegetables to in Part 2, Chapter 8?
5. What does Mr. Carter teach at King Edward's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Colin get into a fist fight in Part 3, Chapter 15?
2. How is Ellen able to tell when Colin takes Steven to the hut?
3. What do the Savilles begin to do every Sunday in Part 2, Chapter 8?
4. Why is Colin late for school in Part 3, Chapter 12?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 8, how does Harry treat Colin's practice tests?
6. How does Colin feel after Steven comes home in Part 2, Chapter 6?
7. What happens when Colin helps a fellow student at school in Part 3, Chapter 13?
8. How does Harry act when Colin comes home from taking his examination?
9. How does Colin feel about the town where his new school is?
10. How does Harry feel about his family's vacation to the seashore?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)