|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps the Savilles manage their grief over losing Andrew?
(c) An unnamed neighbor.
2. How does Mr. Hodge's react to Colin's tardiness in Part 3, Chapter 12?
(a) He gives Colin a red mark.
(b) He gives Colin a detention.
(c) He gives Colin extra homework.
(d) He gives Colin a time out.
3. Why was Colin's mother in the hospital?
(a) She was depressed.
(b) She broke a bone.
(c) She needed surgery.
(d) She was having a baby.
4. Whose voice does Colin hear one day while working on the farm?
5. Where is the hut that Colin and his friends built?
(a) In a valley.
(b) Next to the train tracks.
(c) By the septic dump.
(d) Behind an incinerator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry creosote the timbers for his bomb shelter?
2. When Ellen goes to the hospital to have her baby, who helps Steven get ready in the morning?
3. When Ellen's parents are on their death bed, how does Ellen feel about her relationship with them?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 13, how is Batty doing in school?
5. When does Harry start building the bomb shelter?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Colin stays with the Shaws in Part 1, Chapter 5, how is his life?
2. How did Harry build his bomb shelter?
3. What happens during Colin's first day of school?
4. What happens on the bus ride to Colin's examination?
5. How does Colin feel after Steven comes home in Part 2, Chapter 6?
6. How does Ellen feel when she visits her parents in Part 3, Chapter 16?
7. Why does Harry decide to go to a different beach in Part 1, Chapter 3?
8. Describe the house the Savilles move into just outside of Saxton.
9. What happens when Colin hears a voice while working on the farm in Part 3, Chapter 14?
10. Why is Colin late for school in Part 3, Chapter 12?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)