|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decides that Colin should attend Sunday school?
(d) Mr. Morrison.
2. Who failed the grammar school entrance exam?
3. Who does Harry give vegetables to in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Reagan.
(b) Mr. Shaw.
(c) Mr. Morrison.
(d) Mr. Bletchly.
4. Who does Colin get into a fist fight with in Part 3, Chapter 15?
5. Who helps the Savilles manage their grief over losing Andrew?
(d) An unnamed neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ellen goes to the hospital to have her baby, who helps Steven get ready in the morning?
2. What rugby team is Colin asked to join at his school?
3. How long does Colin work on the farm?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 12, what happens when Harry comes to one of Colin's games?
5. Why does Ellen buy Colin's uniform too large for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ellen able to tell when Colin takes Steven to the hut?
2. Why couldn't Colin live at his own house in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. How does Ellen feel when she visits her parents in Part 3, Chapter 16?
4. What were the results of the entrance exam for Colin and his friends?
5. Why is Harry Saville impressed with Stafford in Part 3, Chapter 12?
6. Why is Colin late for school in Part 3, Chapter 12?
7. What happened when Colin and Harry went into the city in Part 1, Chapter 4?
8. When Colin stays with the Shaws in Part 1, Chapter 5, how is his life?
9. Why does Colin get into a fist fight in Part 3, Chapter 15?
10. What happens the first time Colin goes to Sunday school?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)