|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sheila's behavior toward Colin in Part 4, Chapter 19 is described in what way?
(b) Too forward.
(d) Hot and cold.
2. What does Stephens try to convince Colin to steal in Part 4, Chapter 17?
(a) Tie clips.
(b) Cuff links.
(c) Fountain pens.
3. What does Margaret's father do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a manager.
(c) He is a psychologist.
(d) He is a surgeon.
4. What does Ellen insist Colin do in Part 5, Chapter 29?
(a) Move out of the house.
(b) Break up with another man's wife.
(c) Find a new career path.
(d) Propose marriage to someone.
5. What does Colin ask Elizabeth about during their walk around the pond in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) Her lawsuit against a cousin.
(b) Her moving to Saxton.
(c) Her family history.
(d) Her husband divorcing her.
6. What does Steven tell Ellen at the end of Part 5, Chapter 27?
(a) That he will never forget they went on vacation without him.
(b) That he will never forget that she sided against him.
(c) That he will be moving out the next day.
(d) That he has decided to drop out of school.
7. Why does Colin take Steven into the backyard in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) To avoid waking up Harry.
(b) To clean up the yard.
(c) To yell in private.
(d) To get into a fist fight.
8. How does Colin feel about Stafford's acceptance to Oxford?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is sad.
9. In Part 4, Chapter 20, whom does Colin remain friends with from his school days?
(b) No one.
10. How does Stephens do in school?
(a) He gets straight As.
(b) He is an average student.
(c) He barely passes.
(d) He fails every class.
11. Why does Margaret want Colin to leave Saxton in Part 4, Chapter 23?
(a) To better his life.
(b) To grow up.
(c) To find a good job.
(d) To help with her rent.
12. What is unusual about Sheila's parents?
(a) They are immigrants.
(b) They are broken up.
(c) They live in France most of the year.
(d) They are much older.
13. What does Stafford's brother do for a living?
(a) He is a business owner.
(b) He is a minister.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is in the army.
14. Why doesn't Colin serve in the military?
(a) He needs more college first.
(b) He is too old to join.
(c) He has flat feet.
(d) He doesn't go to the right office.
15. How long after Harry's visit to the nursing home does his father die?
(a) A week.
(c) One month.
(d) A few weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, Chapter 25, what does Colin learn about Margaret?
2. After their first date, when does Audrey tell Colin to come to her house?
3. Why does Elizabeth think she has less of a chance than Colin for making something of herself?
4. What does Elizabeth do when Colin asks what she'll do with her life in Part 5, Chapter 31?
5. What do Harry and Colin argue about in Part 4, Chapter 24?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)