|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Colin's mother go to the hospital in Part 4, Chapter 18?
(a) She is giving birth.
(b) She is volunteering.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is visiting a friend.
2. In Part 4, Chapter 22 what does Margaret help Colin's mother with?
(a) Running errands.
(c) Organizing her pictures.
3. What does Michael begin to wear after his father's death?
(b) A tie with every outfit.
(c) A three-piece suit.
(d) A sweater vest.
4. How does Colin feel about the flat Elizabeth moves into on her own?
(a) That it is the perfect size and has a good view.
(b) That it is probably too expensive for her.
(c) That it is small and depressing.
(d) That it is small but suitable.
5. Who introduces Colin to Elizabeth?
6. What does Ellen tell Colin about Steven in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) That Steven always means well.
(b) That Steven needs extra time in life.
(c) That Steven just isn't as smart as Colin.
(d) That Steven has never done Colin any harm.
7. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
(a) Being too bossy.
(b) Judging people based on their wealth.
(c) Cheating on his girlfriend.
(d) Trying to grab everything for himself.
8. Who are people most surprised to see take part in the festivities in Part 4, Chapter 19?
9. What surprise event happens to Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) He breaks his arm.
(b) He is signed to a professional football team.
(c) He gets a job in Italy.
(d) He is accepted to Oxford.
10. What exams does Colin take in Part 4, Chapter 20?
(a) Final exams.
(b) Midterm exams.
(c) King Edward's graduating exams.
(d) College entrance exams.
11. In Part 4, Chapter 23, where do Colin and Stafford surprise Margaret?
(a) At her doctor's office.
(b) At the town square.
(c) At her apartment.
(d) At the train station.
12. What does Colin argue with Steve about in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) Steven's inability to earn money.
(b) Their mother's health.
(c) Steven's lack of academic ambition.
(d) Colin's new job.
13. What happens when Steven takes his entrance exams for school?
(a) He fails them completely.
(b) He gets into King Edward's.
(c) He does not get into King Edward's.
(d) He does better than Colin did.
14. Why is Colin late meeting Audrey at her house in Part 4, Chapter 18?
(a) He was taking care of his brothers.
(b) He was in trouble with the headmaster.
(c) He forgot about the meeting.
(d) He was at the hut.
15. What are the Savilles lacking that surprises Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 22?
(a) A maid.
(b) Running water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career does Steven say he wants?
2. What job does Harry get in Part 4, Chapter 21?
3. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what is Colin allowed to teach the children at his school?
4. What does Steve give his parents at the end of Part 5, Chapter 30?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 20, whom does Colin remain friends with from his school days?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)