|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Colin feel about the flat Elizabeth moves into on her own?
(a) That it is small and depressing.
(b) That it is the perfect size and has a good view.
(c) That it is probably too expensive for her.
(d) That it is small but suitable.
2. Where does Stephens usually take Colin on the back of his scooter after work?
(b) To the bus stop.
(c) Out to eat.
(d) To the store.
3. What does Margaret's father do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a manager.
(c) He is a surgeon.
(d) He is a psychologist.
4. How much money has Colin saved up to take with him when he leaves Saxton?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 25 pounds.
(c) 75 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
5. What does Michael Reagan want to do for a living?
(a) Be a musician.
(b) Teach at a university.
(c) Write novels.
(d) Work as an artist.
6. Who are people most surprised to see take part in the festivities in Part 4, Chapter 19?
7. What does Harry say about Colin's teaching career in Part 4, Chapter 24?
(a) That it will be easy.
(b) That he won't get respect.
(c) That it will be too difficult.
(d) That he won't find a job.
8. When Colin sends his parents on vacation at Easter, what happens at home to upset him?
(a) Steven is alone with a girl.
(b) Richard runs away.
(c) The roof starts to cave in.
(d) The bill collector comes.
9. Where does Colin go with Audrey in Part 4, Chapter 18?
(a) To a dance.
(b) To a party.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To dinner.
10. In Part 4, Chapter 17, whom does Stafford introduce Colin to?
(a) Farm owners.
(b) Opera singers.
(c) Two girls.
(d) Students at a different school.
11. What does Michael begin to wear after his father's death?
(a) A tie with every outfit.
(c) A sweater vest.
(d) A three-piece suit.
12. Who takes Colin to the train station in Part 5, Chapter 31?
13. In Part 4, Chapter 23, whom does Colin seem to envy most?
(a) Business owners.
(b) His youngest brother.
(d) Margaret's brother.
14. Sheila's behavior toward Colin in Part 4, Chapter 19 is described in what way?
(c) Hot and cold.
(d) Too forward.
15. At the school where Colin teaches in Part 5, Chapter 25, what does the headmaster consider poetry to be?
(b) A joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what is Colin allowed to teach the children at his school?
2. What are the Savilles lacking that surprises Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 22?
3. Why does Colin take Steven into the backyard in Part 5, Chapter 26?
4. What does Margaret's brother do for a living?
5. How long after Harry's visit to the nursing home does his father die?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)