|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Colin feel about the flat Elizabeth moves into on her own?
(a) That it is the perfect size and has a good view.
(b) That it is probably too expensive for her.
(c) That it is small but suitable.
(d) That it is small and depressing.
2. What does Michael Reagan want to do for a living?
(a) Be a musician.
(b) Write novels.
(c) Teach at a university.
(d) Work as an artist.
3. Who introduces Colin to Elizabeth?
4. Why does Colin lose his job at the school?
(a) For his students' failing grades.
(b) For being late.
(c) For his lack of education.
(d) For playing music.
5. Who calls Colin "Bard Colin"?
(a) His coach.
(b) Mr. Pratt.
(c) Miss Woodson.
6. Why does Margaret want Colin to leave Saxton in Part 4, Chapter 23?
(a) To grow up.
(b) To better his life.
(c) To help with her rent.
(d) To find a good job.
7. When Colin sends his parents on vacation at Easter, what happens at home to upset him?
(a) Richard runs away.
(b) Steven is alone with a girl.
(c) The roof starts to cave in.
(d) The bill collector comes.
8. What does Colin tell Margaret when he loses her to Stafford?
(a) That he will never move on.
(b) That he never loved her.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he will get over her quickly.
9. What does Colin ask Elizabeth about during their walk around the pond in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) Her moving to Saxton.
(b) Her husband divorcing her.
(c) Her lawsuit against a cousin.
(d) Her family history.
10. In Part 4, Chapter 21, what does Colin say he is most interested in studying in college?
11. Sheila's behavior toward Colin in Part 4, Chapter 19 is described in what way?
(c) Hot and cold.
(d) Too forward.
12. What does Michael begin to wear after his father's death?
(a) A tie with every outfit.
(b) A sweater vest.
(d) A three-piece suit.
13. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
(a) Judging people based on their wealth.
(b) Being too bossy.
(c) Trying to grab everything for himself.
(d) Cheating on his girlfriend.
14. In Part 5, Chapter 25, what does Colin learn about Margaret?
(a) That she is going to law school.
(b) That she is engaged to Stafford.
(c) That she broke up with Stafford.
(d) That she is moving to Germany.
15. Who are people most surprised to see take part in the festivities in Part 4, Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Colin and Margaret have drinks in Part 4, Chapter 23?
2. After their first date, when does Audrey tell Colin to come to her house?
3. Who talks Colin out of marrying Margaret?
4. Why is Colin late meeting Audrey at her house in Part 4, Chapter 18?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 22, what do Colin and Margaret discuss heatedly?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)