|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 20, whom does Colin remain friends with from his school days?
(c) No one.
2. What does Mr. Gannon recommend Colin do at college?
(a) Learn Latin.
(b) Get a teaching credential.
(c) Study engineering.
(d) Study abroad.
3. In Part 4, Chapter 23, where do Colin and Stafford surprise Margaret?
(a) At her apartment.
(b) At the town square.
(c) At the train station.
(d) At her doctor's office.
4. How do Colin's students react to him in the classroom in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) They begin to have fun.
(b) They openly admit how much they are learning.
(c) They don't pay attention to him.
(d) They skip class.
5. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
(a) Being too bossy.
(b) Cheating on his girlfriend.
(c) Judging people based on their wealth.
(d) Trying to grab everything for himself.
6. What happened to the dance hall that Michael Reagan was managing?
(a) It burned to the ground.
(b) It was robbed.
(c) It went bankrupt.
(d) It had a water main break.
7. Why is Colin late meeting Audrey at her house in Part 4, Chapter 18?
(a) He forgot about the meeting.
(b) He was in trouble with the headmaster.
(c) He was taking care of his brothers.
(d) He was at the hut.
8. How does Colin feel about Stafford's acceptance to Oxford?
(a) He is sad.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is confused.
9. At the school where Colin teaches in Part 5, Chapter 25, what does the headmaster consider poetry to be?
(d) A joke.
10. Where does Colin meet Margaret?
(a) At a party.
(b) At school.
(c) At the Reagans' house.
(d) In Saxton.
11. What does Stafford's brother do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is in the army.
(c) He is a business owner.
(d) He is a minister.
12. Why does Margaret want Colin to leave Saxton in Part 4, Chapter 23?
(a) To better his life.
(b) To help with her rent.
(c) To find a good job.
(d) To grow up.
13. What does Elizabeth accuse Colin of doing in his relationships?
(a) Pretending to be disinterested.
(b) Being too loving.
(c) Sucking the life out of women.
(d) Verbal abuse.
14. What does Stephens try to convince Colin to steal in Part 4, Chapter 17?
(a) Fountain pens.
(b) Cuff links.
(d) Tie clips.
15. What does Michael begin to wear after his father's death?
(a) A three-piece suit.
(c) A sweater vest.
(d) A tie with every outfit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 22 what does Margaret help Colin's mother with?
2. What happens when Steven takes his entrance exams for school?
3. Where do Colin and Margaret have drinks in Part 4, Chapter 23?
4. Where does Colin go with Audrey in Part 4, Chapter 18?
5. After their first date, when does Audrey tell Colin to come to her house?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)