|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steve give his parents at the end of Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) A check.
(b) New furniture.
(c) Running water.
(d) A new stove.
2. What happens when Steven takes his entrance exams for school?
(a) He fails them completely.
(b) He does better than Colin did.
(c) He does not get into King Edward's.
(d) He gets into King Edward's.
3. How do Colin's students react to him in the classroom in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) They don't pay attention to him.
(b) They skip class.
(c) They begin to have fun.
(d) They openly admit how much they are learning.
4. After Colin and Elizabeth break up, what does Elizabeth say she wants for Colin?
(a) For him to find true love.
(b) For him to make amends with his parents.
(c) For him to find a better job.
(d) For him to commit himself to a community.
5. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what is Colin allowed to teach the children at his school?
(a) Reading skills.
(d) History of England.
6. What makes Colin suspicious of Stafford's relationship with Margaret?
(a) They drive off together in his car.
(b) They went to a dance together.
(c) He sends her presents.
(d) She keeps his picture in her wallet.
7. What do Ellen and Colin argue over in Part 5, Chapter 27 that makes her say he is bitter?
8. In Part 4, Chapter 23, who does join the military?
9. Who are people most surprised to see take part in the festivities in Part 4, Chapter 19?
10. Why does Elizabeth visit Derek in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) Because Colin told her to.
(b) Because she decided to get a divorce.
(c) Because Derek visited Colin.
(d) Because she wanted to fix their relationship.
11. How does Colin meet Sheila?
(a) She is new to the neighborhood.
(b) She is his tutor.
(c) She works at the local store.
(d) She is a cousin of a friend.
12. Why is Colin late meeting Audrey at her house in Part 4, Chapter 18?
(a) He was in trouble with the headmaster.
(b) He forgot about the meeting.
(c) He was taking care of his brothers.
(d) He was at the hut.
13. Where do Colin and Margaret have drinks in Part 4, Chapter 23?
(a) Stafford's apartment.
(b) The corner bar.
(c) Colin's house.
(d) The Dormans' house.
14. In Part 5, Chapter 26, what does Harry show Colin of Andrew's?
(a) His shoes.
(b) A picture.
(c) His drawings.
(d) A diary.
15. How does Colin interact with Stafford after he steals Margaret?
(a) They remain friends.
(b) They start rumors about each other.
(c) They become violent enemies.
(d) They no longer speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephens try to convince Colin to steal in Part 4, Chapter 17?
2. What does Margaret's father do for a living?
3. Where does Colin meet Margaret?
4. In Part 4, Chapter 22, what do Colin and Margaret discuss heatedly?
5. Whom does Elizabeth accuse Colin of being jealous of in Part 5, Chapter 29?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)