|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Colin "Bard Colin"?
(a) Mr. Pratt.
(b) Miss Woodson.
(d) His coach.
2. What does Steve give his parents at the end of Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) A check.
(b) New furniture.
(c) A new stove.
(d) Running water.
3. When Colin sends his parents on vacation at Easter, what happens at home to upset him?
(a) The roof starts to cave in.
(b) Richard runs away.
(c) Steven is alone with a girl.
(d) The bill collector comes.
4. Why does Colin take Steven into the backyard in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) To yell in private.
(b) To get into a fist fight.
(c) To avoid waking up Harry.
(d) To clean up the yard.
5. Sheila's behavior toward Colin in Part 4, Chapter 19 is described in what way?
(b) Too forward.
(c) Hot and cold.
6. After their first date, when does Audrey tell Colin to come to her house?
(a) Before school on Monday.
(b) After church on Sunday.
(c) Saturday morning.
(d) The next day.
7. What career does Steven say he wants?
(a) To be a musician.
(b) To be a teacher.
(c) To work in the coal mine.
(d) He doesn't know yet.
8. Where does Stephens usually take Colin on the back of his scooter after work?
(a) To the bus stop.
(b) To the store.
(d) Out to eat.
9. What does Colin realize after talking with Harry about Andrew for the first time?
(a) That his mother still grieves every day.
(b) That his parents had more children to replace Andrew.
(c) That he'll never replace Andrew.
(d) That he is jealous of Andrew.
10. In Part 4, Chapter 23, who does join the military?
11. How much money has Colin saved up to take with him when he leaves Saxton?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 25 pounds.
(c) 75 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
12. What do Harry and Colin argue about in Part 4, Chapter 24?
(a) Working as a teacher.
(b) Colin's finances.
(c) Raising children.
(d) Colin's relationship with Margaret.
13. Where does Colin go with Audrey in Part 4, Chapter 18?
(a) To a dance.
(b) To dinner.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To a party.
14. What does Stephens try to convince Colin to steal in Part 4, Chapter 17?
(a) Tie clips.
(b) Fountain pens.
(c) Cuff links.
15. Whom was Elizabeth living with before she moved out into her own flat?
(a) A friend.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
2. Why does Colin lose his job at the school?
3. In Part 5, Chapter 25, what does Colin learn about Margaret?
4. In Part 4, Chapter 20, whom does Colin remain friends with from his school days?
5. What does Margaret's father do for a living?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)