|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth do when Colin asks what she'll do with her life in Part 5, Chapter 31?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She cries.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She says nothing.
2. In Part 4, Chapter 23, where do Colin and Stafford surprise Margaret?
(a) At her apartment.
(b) At her doctor's office.
(c) At the town square.
(d) At the train station.
3. What does Stephens try to convince Colin to steal in Part 4, Chapter 17?
(a) Fountain pens.
(c) Cuff links.
(d) Tie clips.
4. Who are people most surprised to see take part in the festivities in Part 4, Chapter 19?
5. Why do the Savilles and their neighbors have a party in Part 4, Chapter 19?
(a) A new factory opened.
(b) For Harry's birthday.
(c) For Colin's birthday.
(d) The war has ended.
6. How does Colin answer a test question in Part 4, Chapter 17?
(a) With a very long paragraph.
(b) With a song lyric.
(c) With an expletive.
(d) With a poem.
7. In Part 4, Chapter 18, why does Harry get mad at Colin?
(a) For not staying home with his brothers.
(b) For forgetting his chores.
(c) For getting failing grades.
(d) For being out with a girl.
8. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what is Colin allowed to teach the children at his school?
(a) Reading skills.
(d) History of England.
9. When Margaret is accepted to a university, how far away from Colin is it?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 40 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
10. What does Harry try to convince his father to do when he visits him at a nursing home?
(a) To come live with the Savilles.
(b) To write a memoir.
(c) To move to a better nursing home.
(d) To share his secret recipes.
11. Whom does Elizabeth accuse Colin of being jealous of in Part 5, Chapter 29?
12. What are the Savilles lacking that surprises Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 22?
(c) Running water.
(d) A maid.
13. How does Stephens do in school?
(a) He gets straight As.
(b) He is an average student.
(c) He barely passes.
(d) He fails every class.
14. In Part 4, Chapter 22, what do Colin and Margaret discuss heatedly?
(b) Worker's rights.
(c) Women's rights.
15. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
(a) Cheating on his girlfriend.
(b) Being too bossy.
(c) Judging people based on their wealth.
(d) Trying to grab everything for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 5, Chapter 26, what does Harry show Colin of Andrew's?
2. How does Colin interact with Stafford after he steals Margaret?
3. What happened to the dance hall that Michael Reagan was managing?
4. What job does Harry get in Part 4, Chapter 21?
5. What does Mr. Gannon recommend Colin do at college?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)