Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career does Steven say he wants?
(a) To be a teacher.
(b) To work in the coal mine.
(c) To be a musician.
(d) He doesn't know yet.
2. When Margaret is accepted to a university, how far away from Colin is it?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
3. How does Colin answer a test question in Part 4, Chapter 17?
(a) With a song lyric.
(b) With a poem.
(c) With an expletive.
(d) With a very long paragraph.
4. Why doesn't Colin serve in the military?
(a) He has flat feet.
(b) He doesn't go to the right office.
(c) He is too old to join.
(d) He needs more college first.
5. Whom was Elizabeth living with before she moved out into her own flat?
(a) A friend.
(b) Her sister.
(d) Her husband.
6. What does Ellen tell Colin about Steven in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) That Steven always means well.
(b) That Steven has never done Colin any harm.
(c) That Steven needs extra time in life.
(d) That Steven just isn't as smart as Colin.
7. What does Stafford's brother do for a living?
(a) He is a minister.
(b) He is a business owner.
(c) He is in the army.
(d) He is a lawyer.
8. Why does Colin take Steven into the backyard in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) To avoid waking up Harry.
(b) To yell in private.
(c) To get into a fist fight.
(d) To clean up the yard.
9. How does Colin feel about the flat Elizabeth moves into on her own?
(a) That it is the perfect size and has a good view.
(b) That it is probably too expensive for her.
(c) That it is small but suitable.
(d) That it is small and depressing.
10. In Part 4, Chapter 18, why does Harry get mad at Colin?
(a) For being out with a girl.
(b) For forgetting his chores.
(c) For getting failing grades.
(d) For not staying home with his brothers.
11. In Part 4, Chapter 23, who does join the military?
12. At the school where Colin teaches in Part 5, Chapter 25, what does the headmaster consider poetry to be?
(d) A joke.
13. How much money has Colin saved up to take with him when he leaves Saxton?
(a) 25 pounds.
(b) 75 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
14. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what is Colin allowed to teach the children at his school?
(c) Reading skills.
(d) History of England.
15. In Part 4, Chapter 17, whom does Stafford introduce Colin to?
(a) Farm owners.
(b) Opera singers.
(c) Students at a different school.
(d) Two girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Colin meet Margaret?
2. What does Elizabeth accuse Colin of doing in his relationships?
3. Why does Elizabeth think she has less of a chance than Colin for making something of herself?
4. Who are people most surprised to see take part in the festivities in Part 4, Chapter 19?
5. How does Colin interact with Stafford after he steals Margaret?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)