|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 22, what do Colin and Margaret discuss heatedly?
(a) Women's rights.
(d) Worker's rights.
2. Who calls Colin "Bard Colin"?
(a) Mr. Pratt.
(c) Miss Woodson.
(d) His coach.
3. Whom does Elizabeth accuse Colin of being jealous of in Part 5, Chapter 29?
4. What makes Colin so upset with Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) Steve's decision to work in a coal mine.
(b) Steve's friendship with Derek.
(c) Steve's cruelty to their mother.
(d) Steve's clothing choices.
5. Why does Colin take Steven into the backyard in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) To get into a fist fight.
(b) To avoid waking up Harry.
(c) To yell in private.
(d) To clean up the yard.
6. What does Margaret's brother do for a living?
(a) He is in the military.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a banker.
7. What does Elizabeth accuse Colin of doing in his relationships?
(a) Verbal abuse.
(b) Pretending to be disinterested.
(c) Being too loving.
(d) Sucking the life out of women.
8. In Part 5, Chapter 27, who is studying for entrance exams?
9. In Part 4, Chapter 21, what does Colin say he is most interested in studying in college?
10. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
(a) Being too bossy.
(b) Trying to grab everything for himself.
(c) Judging people based on their wealth.
(d) Cheating on his girlfriend.
11. Why doesn't Colin serve in the military?
(a) He needs more college first.
(b) He is too old to join.
(c) He doesn't go to the right office.
(d) He has flat feet.
12. Where do Colin and Margaret have drinks in Part 4, Chapter 23?
(a) The Dormans' house.
(b) Colin's house.
(c) The corner bar.
(d) Stafford's apartment.
13. Why does Colin lose his job at the school?
(a) For being late.
(b) For his students' failing grades.
(c) For his lack of education.
(d) For playing music.
14. What does Margaret's father do for a living?
(a) He is a psychologist.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a surgeon.
(d) He is a manager.
15. In Part 4, Chapter 22 what does Margaret help Colin's mother with?
(c) Organizing her pictures.
(d) Running errands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Colin to Elizabeth?
2. What does Michael begin to wear after his father's death?
3. How does Colin answer a test question in Part 4, Chapter 17?
4. What does Steven tell Ellen at the end of Part 5, Chapter 27?
5. How does Stephens describe his students?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)