|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 21, what does Colin say he is most interested in studying in college?
2. Why does Elizabeth visit Derek in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) Because Derek visited Colin.
(b) Because Colin told her to.
(c) Because she wanted to fix their relationship.
(d) Because she decided to get a divorce.
3. What exams does Colin take in Part 4, Chapter 20?
(a) College entrance exams.
(b) Final exams.
(c) King Edward's graduating exams.
(d) Midterm exams.
4. What does Michael begin to wear after his father's death?
(a) A sweater vest.
(c) A three-piece suit.
(d) A tie with every outfit.
5. Why do the Savilles and their neighbors have a party in Part 4, Chapter 19?
(a) For Colin's birthday.
(b) The war has ended.
(c) For Harry's birthday.
(d) A new factory opened.
6. How long after Harry's visit to the nursing home does his father die?
(a) One month.
(c) A week.
(d) A few weeks.
7. What does Mr. Gannon recommend Colin do at college?
(a) Learn Latin.
(b) Study abroad.
(c) Study engineering.
(d) Get a teaching credential.
8. How do Colin's students react to him in the classroom in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) They openly admit how much they are learning.
(b) They begin to have fun.
(c) They don't pay attention to him.
(d) They skip class.
9. What does Steve give his parents at the end of Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) Running water.
(b) A new stove.
(c) A check.
(d) New furniture.
10. Who are people most surprised to see take part in the festivities in Part 4, Chapter 19?
11. What do Ellen and Colin argue over in Part 5, Chapter 27 that makes her say he is bitter?
12. Who introduces Colin to Elizabeth?
13. What does Stafford's brother do for a living?
(a) He is in the army.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a minister.
(d) He is a business owner.
14. What does Colin realize after talking with Harry about Andrew for the first time?
(a) That his parents had more children to replace Andrew.
(b) That his mother still grieves every day.
(c) That he is jealous of Andrew.
(d) That he'll never replace Andrew.
15. What does Michael Reagan do after his father's death?
(a) Starts baking cakes.
(b) Gets rid of all the furniture.
(c) Moves to France.
(d) Yells at his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Colin lose his job at the school?
2. In Part 5, Chapter 29, who makes an unexpected visit to Colin?
3. Sheila's behavior toward Colin in Part 4, Chapter 19 is described in what way?
4. Whom does Elizabeth accuse Colin of being jealous of in Part 5, Chapter 29?
5. What does Elizabeth accuse Colin of doing in his relationships?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)