|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Steven takes his entrance exams for school?
(a) He does not get into King Edward's.
(b) He gets into King Edward's.
(c) He fails them completely.
(d) He does better than Colin did.
2. In Part 4, Chapter 23, who does join the military?
3. In Part 4, Chapter 18, why does Harry get mad at Colin?
(a) For forgetting his chores.
(b) For not staying home with his brothers.
(c) For getting failing grades.
(d) For being out with a girl.
4. How does Stephens describe his students?
(a) As wastes of space.
(b) As the joys of his day.
(c) As minds to be enlightened.
(d) As bodies to be taught.
5. What are the Savilles lacking that surprises Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 22?
(a) A maid.
(d) Running water.
6. What surprise event happens to Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) He is signed to a professional football team.
(b) He breaks his arm.
(c) He gets a job in Italy.
(d) He is accepted to Oxford.
7. What does Colin buy for Harry in Part 5, Chapter 27?
(a) New kitchen appliances.
(b) A car.
(c) A suit and furniture.
8. What makes Colin so upset with Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) Steve's clothing choices.
(b) Steve's friendship with Derek.
(c) Steve's cruelty to their mother.
(d) Steve's decision to work in a coal mine.
9. At the school where Colin teaches in Part 5, Chapter 25, what does the headmaster consider poetry to be?
(b) A joke.
10. Who are people most surprised to see take part in the festivities in Part 4, Chapter 19?
11. What makes Colin suspicious of Stafford's relationship with Margaret?
(a) They went to a dance together.
(b) She keeps his picture in her wallet.
(c) They drive off together in his car.
(d) He sends her presents.
12. Why does Colin lose his job at the school?
(a) For playing music.
(b) For his students' failing grades.
(c) For his lack of education.
(d) For being late.
13. Why does Sheila refuse to visit the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 19?
(a) She says she doesn't like Colin that way.
(b) She says her mother would never allow it.
(c) She says she doesn't know Colin well enough.
(d) She says it goes against her religion.
14. When Margaret is accepted to a university, how far away from Colin is it?
(a) 40 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
15. How does Elizabeth feel about her relationship with Colin?
(a) She feels that he is too stubborn.
(b) She feels they have little in common.
(c) She feels that he is very mean.
(d) She feels they have a good chance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the dance hall that Michael Reagan was managing?
2. After Colin and Elizabeth break up, what does Elizabeth say she wants for Colin?
3. Where does Colin meet Margaret?
4. Who talks Colin out of marrying Margaret?
5. What does Colin realize after talking with Harry about Andrew for the first time?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)