|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Savilles lacking that surprises Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 22?
(c) A maid.
(d) Running water.
2. What does Steve give his parents at the end of Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) A check.
(b) Running water.
(c) New furniture.
(d) A new stove.
3. Who calls Colin "Bard Colin"?
(a) Miss Woodson.
(c) His coach.
(d) Mr. Pratt.
4. How does Colin meet Sheila?
(a) She works at the local store.
(b) She is a cousin of a friend.
(c) She is new to the neighborhood.
(d) She is his tutor.
5. What job does Harry get in Part 4, Chapter 21?
(b) He becomes unemployed.
(c) Plant manager.
6. What does Margaret's brother do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is in the military.
(c) He is a banker.
(d) He is a teacher.
7. What does Margaret's father do for a living?
(a) He is a psychologist.
(b) He is a manager.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a surgeon.
8. How does Colin feel about Stafford's acceptance to Oxford?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is jealous.
9. What does Michael Reagan do after his father's death?
(a) Starts baking cakes.
(b) Gets rid of all the furniture.
(c) Moves to France.
(d) Yells at his mother.
10. In Part 4, Chapter 17, whom does Stafford introduce Colin to?
(a) Two girls.
(b) Students at a different school.
(c) Farm owners.
(d) Opera singers.
11. In Part 4, Chapter 21, what does Colin say he is most interested in studying in college?
12. In Part 5, Chapter 25, what does Colin learn about Margaret?
(a) That she is moving to Germany.
(b) That she is going to law school.
(c) That she is engaged to Stafford.
(d) That she broke up with Stafford.
13. What does Colin realize after talking with Harry about Andrew for the first time?
(a) That his parents had more children to replace Andrew.
(b) That he'll never replace Andrew.
(c) That his mother still grieves every day.
(d) That he is jealous of Andrew.
14. What exams does Colin take in Part 4, Chapter 20?
(a) King Edward's graduating exams.
(b) Midterm exams.
(c) College entrance exams.
(d) Final exams.
15. When Margaret is accepted to a university, how far away from Colin is it?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Colin late meeting Audrey at her house in Part 4, Chapter 18?
2. Whom was Elizabeth living with before she moved out into her own flat?
3. What surprise event happens to Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
4. What does Michael begin to wear after his father's death?
5. What is Stafford's option other than attending Oxford?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)