|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steven tell Ellen at the end of Part 5, Chapter 27?
(a) That he will never forget that she sided against him.
(b) That he will be moving out the next day.
(c) That he has decided to drop out of school.
(d) That he will never forget they went on vacation without him.
2. What happened to the dance hall that Michael Reagan was managing?
(a) It had a water main break.
(b) It went bankrupt.
(c) It was robbed.
(d) It burned to the ground.
3. Why does Colin take Steven into the backyard in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) To get into a fist fight.
(b) To clean up the yard.
(c) To yell in private.
(d) To avoid waking up Harry.
4. How does Colin interact with Stafford after he steals Margaret?
(a) They remain friends.
(b) They no longer speak.
(c) They become violent enemies.
(d) They start rumors about each other.
5. In Part 4, Chapter 22, what do Colin and Margaret discuss heatedly?
(c) Worker's rights.
(d) Women's rights.
6. What surprise event happens to Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) He gets a job in Italy.
(b) He breaks his arm.
(c) He is signed to a professional football team.
(d) He is accepted to Oxford.
7. In Part 5, Chapter 25, what does Colin learn about Margaret?
(a) That she is moving to Germany.
(b) That she broke up with Stafford.
(c) That she is engaged to Stafford.
(d) That she is going to law school.
8. Whom was Elizabeth living with before she moved out into her own flat?
(b) Her husband.
(c) A friend.
(d) Her sister.
9. How does Colin feel about Stafford's acceptance to Oxford?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is sad.
10. Why doesn't Colin serve in the military?
(a) He doesn't go to the right office.
(b) He is too old to join.
(c) He has flat feet.
(d) He needs more college first.
11. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
(a) Trying to grab everything for himself.
(b) Judging people based on their wealth.
(c) Being too bossy.
(d) Cheating on his girlfriend.
12. What does Colin ask Elizabeth about during their walk around the pond in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) Her family history.
(b) Her husband divorcing her.
(c) Her lawsuit against a cousin.
(d) Her moving to Saxton.
13. Where do Colin and Margaret have drinks in Part 4, Chapter 23?
(a) Stafford's apartment.
(b) The corner bar.
(c) The Dormans' house.
(d) Colin's house.
14. What does Colin tell Margaret when he loses her to Stafford?
(a) That he never loved her.
(b) That he will get over her quickly.
(c) That he will never move on.
(d) That he loves her.
15. Where does Stephens usually take Colin on the back of his scooter after work?
(a) To the store.
(c) To the bus stop.
(d) Out to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth think she has less of a chance than Colin for making something of herself?
2. What exams does Colin take in Part 4, Chapter 20?
3. What does Elizabeth do when Colin asks what she'll do with her life in Part 5, Chapter 31?
4. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what is Colin allowed to teach the children at his school?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 20, whom does Colin remain friends with from his school days?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)