|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Harry get in Part 4, Chapter 21?
(b) Plant manager.
(d) He becomes unemployed.
2. Who calls Colin "Bard Colin"?
(a) Mr. Pratt.
(b) Miss Woodson.
(d) His coach.
3. How does Stephens do in school?
(a) He gets straight As.
(b) He is an average student.
(c) He fails every class.
(d) He barely passes.
4. Who talks Colin out of marrying Margaret?
(a) Dr. Dorman.
5. In Part 4, Chapter 23, who does join the military?
6. In Part 5, Chapter 29, who makes an unexpected visit to Colin?
7. In Part 4, Chapter 23, where do Colin and Stafford surprise Margaret?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At her doctor's office.
(c) At the town square.
(d) At her apartment.
8. Where do Colin and Margaret have drinks in Part 4, Chapter 23?
(a) The corner bar.
(b) Colin's house.
(c) The Dormans' house.
(d) Stafford's apartment.
9. When Colin sends his parents on vacation at Easter, what happens at home to upset him?
(a) The roof starts to cave in.
(b) Richard runs away.
(c) The bill collector comes.
(d) Steven is alone with a girl.
10. What does Stephens try to convince Colin to steal in Part 4, Chapter 17?
(a) Cuff links.
(c) Tie clips.
(d) Fountain pens.
11. Why do the Savilles and their neighbors have a party in Part 4, Chapter 19?
(a) A new factory opened.
(b) The war has ended.
(c) For Colin's birthday.
(d) For Harry's birthday.
12. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what is Colin allowed to teach the children at his school?
(a) Reading skills.
(d) History of England.
13. In Part 4, Chapter 24, what happens every time Colin goes to see Margaret?
(a) She's too busy to talk.
(b) She isn't at home.
(c) She starts a fight with him.
(d) Stafford is over.
14. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
(a) Cheating on his girlfriend.
(b) Trying to grab everything for himself.
(c) Being too bossy.
(d) Judging people based on their wealth.
15. What career does Steven say he wants?
(a) To be a musician.
(b) To work in the coal mine.
(c) He doesn't know yet.
(d) To be a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. After their first date, when does Audrey tell Colin to come to her house?
2. What does Elizabeth accuse Colin of doing in his relationships?
3. What happens when Steven takes his entrance exams for school?
4. What exams does Colin take in Part 4, Chapter 20?
5. How does Colin meet Sheila?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)