|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Savilles and their neighbors have a party in Part 4, Chapter 19?
(a) A new factory opened.
(b) The war has ended.
(c) For Harry's birthday.
(d) For Colin's birthday.
2. What makes Colin so upset with Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) Steve's decision to work in a coal mine.
(b) Steve's friendship with Derek.
(c) Steve's cruelty to their mother.
(d) Steve's clothing choices.
3. How does Colin interact with Stafford after he steals Margaret?
(a) They remain friends.
(b) They no longer speak.
(c) They start rumors about each other.
(d) They become violent enemies.
4. What do Harry and Colin argue about in Part 4, Chapter 24?
(a) Colin's finances.
(b) Working as a teacher.
(c) Colin's relationship with Margaret.
(d) Raising children.
5. In Part 4, Chapter 22, what do Colin and Margaret discuss heatedly?
(a) Women's rights.
(d) Worker's rights.
6. In Part 5, Chapter 27, who is studying for entrance exams?
7. What does Colin tell Margaret when he loses her to Stafford?
(a) That he never loved her.
(b) That he loves her.
(c) That he will get over her quickly.
(d) That he will never move on.
8. Sheila's behavior toward Colin in Part 4, Chapter 19 is described in what way?
(a) Hot and cold.
(c) Too forward.
9. Who calls Colin "Bard Colin"?
(a) Miss Woodson.
(b) Mr. Pratt.
(c) His coach.
10. When Colin sends his parents on vacation at Easter, what happens at home to upset him?
(a) The bill collector comes.
(b) Steven is alone with a girl.
(c) Richard runs away.
(d) The roof starts to cave in.
11. What does Margaret's brother do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a banker.
(c) He is in the military.
(d) He is a doctor.
12. Why does Colin lose his job at the school?
(a) For playing music.
(b) For his lack of education.
(c) For his students' failing grades.
(d) For being late.
13. In Part 4, Chapter 20, whom does Colin remain friends with from his school days?
(d) No one.
14. What do Ellen and Colin argue over in Part 5, Chapter 27 that makes her say he is bitter?
15. What does Michael Reagan want to do for a living?
(a) Write novels.
(b) Teach at a university.
(c) Work as an artist.
(d) Be a musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the dance hall that Michael Reagan was managing?
2. What makes Colin suspicious of Stafford's relationship with Margaret?
3. Why does Sheila refuse to visit the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 19?
4. What does Colin realize after talking with Harry about Andrew for the first time?
5. What does Steve give his parents at the end of Part 5, Chapter 30?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)