|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what is Colin allowed to teach the children at his school?
(a) Reading skills.
(d) History of England.
2. Why does Colin take Steven into the backyard in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) To avoid waking up Harry.
(b) To get into a fist fight.
(c) To clean up the yard.
(d) To yell in private.
3. What does Steven tell Ellen at the end of Part 5, Chapter 27?
(a) That he will never forget they went on vacation without him.
(b) That he will never forget that she sided against him.
(c) That he has decided to drop out of school.
(d) That he will be moving out the next day.
4. What do Ellen and Colin argue over in Part 5, Chapter 27 that makes her say he is bitter?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 23, who does join the military?
6. How does Colin interact with Stafford after he steals Margaret?
(a) They start rumors about each other.
(b) They remain friends.
(c) They no longer speak.
(d) They become violent enemies.
7. How does Colin meet Sheila?
(a) She is new to the neighborhood.
(b) She is a cousin of a friend.
(c) She works at the local store.
(d) She is his tutor.
8. Why does Colin's mother go to the hospital in Part 4, Chapter 18?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is giving birth.
(c) She is volunteering.
(d) She is visiting a friend.
9. What does Harry try to convince his father to do when he visits him at a nursing home?
(a) To come live with the Savilles.
(b) To share his secret recipes.
(c) To write a memoir.
(d) To move to a better nursing home.
10. In Part 4, Chapter 20, whom does Colin remain friends with from his school days?
(c) No one.
11. What surprise event happens to Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) He gets a job in Italy.
(b) He is accepted to Oxford.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) He is signed to a professional football team.
12. In Part 4, Chapter 23, whom does Colin seem to envy most?
(a) Business owners.
(b) His youngest brother.
(c) Margaret's brother.
13. How does Colin answer a test question in Part 4, Chapter 17?
(a) With a poem.
(b) With a song lyric.
(c) With a very long paragraph.
(d) With an expletive.
14. In Part 4, Chapter 23, where do Colin and Stafford surprise Margaret?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At her doctor's office.
(c) At her apartment.
(d) At the town square.
15. Who takes Colin to the train station in Part 5, Chapter 31?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael Reagan do after his father's death?
2. What does Colin tell Margaret when he loses her to Stafford?
3. In Part 4, Chapter 21, what does Colin say he is most interested in studying in college?
4. Who are people most surprised to see take part in the festivities in Part 4, Chapter 19?
5. How does Colin feel about Stafford's acceptance to Oxford?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)