|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin ask Elizabeth about during their walk around the pond in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) Her husband divorcing her.
(b) Her lawsuit against a cousin.
(c) Her moving to Saxton.
(d) Her family history.
2. How do Colin's students react to him in the classroom in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) They skip class.
(b) They don't pay attention to him.
(c) They begin to have fun.
(d) They openly admit how much they are learning.
3. Who ends the relationship between Colin and Elizabeth?
4. What does Marion call Stafford when he puts his arm around her for the first time?
5. What is Stafford's option other than attending Oxford?
(a) Travel to the United States.
(b) Join the military.
(c) Go to a university in Paris.
(d) Become a politician.
6. How does Colin feel about the flat Elizabeth moves into on her own?
(a) That it is the perfect size and has a good view.
(b) That it is small and depressing.
(c) That it is probably too expensive for her.
(d) That it is small but suitable.
7. In Part 4, Chapter 23, where do Colin and Stafford surprise Margaret?
(a) At her apartment.
(b) At the town square.
(c) At the train station.
(d) At her doctor's office.
8. How does Stephens describe his students?
(a) As minds to be enlightened.
(b) As wastes of space.
(c) As bodies to be taught.
(d) As the joys of his day.
9. What happens when Steven takes his entrance exams for school?
(a) He fails them completely.
(b) He gets into King Edward's.
(c) He does not get into King Edward's.
(d) He does better than Colin did.
10. What career does Steven say he wants?
(a) To be a teacher.
(b) To be a musician.
(c) He doesn't know yet.
(d) To work in the coal mine.
11. What exams does Colin take in Part 4, Chapter 20?
(a) Final exams.
(b) King Edward's graduating exams.
(c) Midterm exams.
(d) College entrance exams.
12. Sheila's behavior toward Colin in Part 4, Chapter 19 is described in what way?
(b) Hot and cold.
(d) Too forward.
13. What does Margaret's brother do for a living?
(a) He is a banker.
(b) He is in the military.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a doctor.
14. Who takes Colin to the train station in Part 5, Chapter 31?
15. Who calls Colin "Bard Colin"?
(a) Miss Woodson.
(b) His coach.
(d) Mr. Pratt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Colin to Elizabeth?
2. In Part 5, Chapter 27, who is studying for entrance exams?
3. How does Colin feel about Stafford's acceptance to Oxford?
4. In Part 4, Chapter 17, whom does Stafford introduce Colin to?
5. What does Steve give his parents at the end of Part 5, Chapter 30?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)