|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Colin suspicious of Stafford's relationship with Margaret?
(a) She keeps his picture in her wallet.
(b) They drive off together in his car.
(c) He sends her presents.
(d) They went to a dance together.
2. Who takes Colin to the train station in Part 5, Chapter 31?
3. Why does Sheila refuse to visit the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 19?
(a) She says she doesn't know Colin well enough.
(b) She says it goes against her religion.
(c) She says she doesn't like Colin that way.
(d) She says her mother would never allow it.
4. What job does Harry get in Part 4, Chapter 21?
(b) He becomes unemployed.
(d) Plant manager.
5. How much money has Colin saved up to take with him when he leaves Saxton?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 75 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 25 pounds.
6. How long after Harry's visit to the nursing home does his father die?
(b) A week.
(c) One month.
(d) A few weeks.
7. What do Harry and Colin argue about in Part 4, Chapter 24?
(a) Colin's finances.
(b) Colin's relationship with Margaret.
(c) Raising children.
(d) Working as a teacher.
8. Why does Colin take Steven into the backyard in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) To avoid waking up Harry.
(b) To get into a fist fight.
(c) To clean up the yard.
(d) To yell in private.
9. How does Stephens describe his students?
(a) As bodies to be taught.
(b) As wastes of space.
(c) As minds to be enlightened.
(d) As the joys of his day.
10. In Part 4, Chapter 21, what does Colin say he is most interested in studying in college?
11. How does Colin feel about Stafford's acceptance to Oxford?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is sad.
12. After their first date, when does Audrey tell Colin to come to her house?
(a) The next day.
(b) Before school on Monday.
(c) Saturday morning.
(d) After church on Sunday.
13. What does Colin argue with Steve about in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) Their mother's health.
(b) Colin's new job.
(c) Steven's lack of academic ambition.
(d) Steven's inability to earn money.
14. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
(a) Cheating on his girlfriend.
(b) Judging people based on their wealth.
(c) Trying to grab everything for himself.
(d) Being too bossy.
15. In Part 5, Chapter 25, what does Colin learn about Margaret?
(a) That she is engaged to Stafford.
(b) That she broke up with Stafford.
(c) That she is going to law school.
(d) That she is moving to Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 18, why does Harry get mad at Colin?
2. What makes Colin so upset with Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
3. When Colin sends his parents on vacation at Easter, what happens at home to upset him?
4. Why does Colin's mother go to the hospital in Part 4, Chapter 18?
5. Where does Colin go with Audrey in Part 4, Chapter 18?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)