|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the school where Colin teaches in Part 5, Chapter 25, what does the headmaster consider poetry to be?
(d) A joke.
2. Why does Sheila refuse to visit the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 19?
(a) She says she doesn't like Colin that way.
(b) She says it goes against her religion.
(c) She says she doesn't know Colin well enough.
(d) She says her mother would never allow it.
3. What do Ellen and Colin argue over in Part 5, Chapter 27 that makes her say he is bitter?
4. How do Colin's students react to him in the classroom in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) They skip class.
(b) They openly admit how much they are learning.
(c) They don't pay attention to him.
(d) They begin to have fun.
5. What does Mr. Gannon recommend Colin do at college?
(a) Get a teaching credential.
(b) Study abroad.
(c) Study engineering.
(d) Learn Latin.
6. When Colin sends his parents on vacation at Easter, what happens at home to upset him?
(a) Steven is alone with a girl.
(b) The bill collector comes.
(c) Richard runs away.
(d) The roof starts to cave in.
7. In Part 4, Chapter 24, what happens every time Colin goes to see Margaret?
(a) Stafford is over.
(b) She starts a fight with him.
(c) She isn't at home.
(d) She's too busy to talk.
8. Who talks Colin out of marrying Margaret?
(d) Dr. Dorman.
9. What does Margaret's father do for a living?
(a) He is a manager.
(b) He is a psychologist.
(c) He is a surgeon.
(d) He is a lawyer.
10. What do Harry and Colin argue about in Part 4, Chapter 24?
(a) Colin's finances.
(b) Working as a teacher.
(c) Colin's relationship with Margaret.
(d) Raising children.
11. After their first date, when does Audrey tell Colin to come to her house?
(a) The next day.
(b) After church on Sunday.
(c) Saturday morning.
(d) Before school on Monday.
12. What does Michael begin to wear after his father's death?
(a) A sweater vest.
(b) A tie with every outfit.
(c) A three-piece suit.
13. What surprise event happens to Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) He breaks his arm.
(b) He gets a job in Italy.
(c) He is signed to a professional football team.
(d) He is accepted to Oxford.
14. Where does Colin go with Audrey in Part 4, Chapter 18?
(a) To a dance.
(b) To a party.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To the movies.
15. What happens when Steven takes his entrance exams for school?
(a) He does not get into King Edward's.
(b) He gets into King Edward's.
(c) He fails them completely.
(d) He does better than Colin did.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephens try to convince Colin to steal in Part 4, Chapter 17?
2. What is Stafford's option other than attending Oxford?
3. Where does Colin meet Margaret?
4. How does Stephens do in school?
5. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)