|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Steven takes his entrance exams for school?
(a) He gets into King Edward's.
(b) He does not get into King Edward's.
(c) He fails them completely.
(d) He does better than Colin did.
2. How does Colin interact with Stafford after he steals Margaret?
(a) They start rumors about each other.
(b) They no longer speak.
(c) They become violent enemies.
(d) They remain friends.
3. How do Colin's students react to him in the classroom in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) They don't pay attention to him.
(b) They skip class.
(c) They begin to have fun.
(d) They openly admit how much they are learning.
4. What job does Harry get in Part 4, Chapter 21?
(a) Plant manager.
(d) He becomes unemployed.
5. In Part 4, Chapter 24, what happens every time Colin goes to see Margaret?
(a) She's too busy to talk.
(b) Stafford is over.
(c) She isn't at home.
(d) She starts a fight with him.
6. What are the Savilles lacking that surprises Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 22?
(a) A maid.
(d) Running water.
7. How long after Harry's visit to the nursing home does his father die?
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A week.
(d) One month.
8. What exams does Colin take in Part 4, Chapter 20?
(a) King Edward's graduating exams.
(b) College entrance exams.
(c) Midterm exams.
(d) Final exams.
9. What does Ellen tell Colin about Steven in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) That Steven always means well.
(b) That Steven just isn't as smart as Colin.
(c) That Steven needs extra time in life.
(d) That Steven has never done Colin any harm.
10. How does Colin meet Sheila?
(a) She is his tutor.
(b) She works at the local store.
(c) She is a cousin of a friend.
(d) She is new to the neighborhood.
11. What is Stafford's option other than attending Oxford?
(a) Become a politician.
(b) Join the military.
(c) Travel to the United States.
(d) Go to a university in Paris.
12. In Part 4, Chapter 23, where do Colin and Stafford surprise Margaret?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At her apartment.
(c) At the town square.
(d) At her doctor's office.
13. What does Colin buy for Harry in Part 5, Chapter 27?
(b) A suit and furniture.
(c) New kitchen appliances.
(d) A car.
14. In Part 5, Chapter 29, who makes an unexpected visit to Colin?
15. What does Michael Reagan want to do for a living?
(a) Teach at a university.
(b) Write novels.
(c) Work as an artist.
(d) Be a musician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Colin so upset with Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 23, whom does Colin seem to envy most?
3. Why does Colin take Steven into the backyard in Part 5, Chapter 26?
4. What does Stephens try to convince Colin to steal in Part 4, Chapter 17?
5. What do Ellen and Colin argue over in Part 5, Chapter 27 that makes her say he is bitter?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)