|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colin realize after talking with Harry about Andrew for the first time?
(a) That his mother still grieves every day.
(b) That his parents had more children to replace Andrew.
(c) That he'll never replace Andrew.
(d) That he is jealous of Andrew.
2. In Part 5, Chapter 29, who makes an unexpected visit to Colin?
3. After their first date, when does Audrey tell Colin to come to her house?
(a) After church on Sunday.
(b) Before school on Monday.
(c) Saturday morning.
(d) The next day.
4. What surprise event happens to Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) He is accepted to Oxford.
(b) He breaks his arm.
(c) He is signed to a professional football team.
(d) He gets a job in Italy.
5. In Part 4, Chapter 24, what happens every time Colin goes to see Margaret?
(a) She's too busy to talk.
(b) She starts a fight with him.
(c) Stafford is over.
(d) She isn't at home.
6. In Part 4, Chapter 23, where do Colin and Stafford surprise Margaret?
(a) At the train station.
(b) At the town square.
(c) At her apartment.
(d) At her doctor's office.
7. Where does Colin meet Margaret?
(a) At school.
(b) At a party.
(c) In Saxton.
(d) At the Reagans' house.
8. In Part 4, Chapter 23, whom does Colin seem to envy most?
(a) Margaret's brother.
(b) His youngest brother.
(d) Business owners.
9. What makes Colin suspicious of Stafford's relationship with Margaret?
(a) He sends her presents.
(b) She keeps his picture in her wallet.
(c) They drive off together in his car.
(d) They went to a dance together.
10. In Part 4, Chapter 17, whom does Stafford introduce Colin to?
(a) Opera singers.
(b) Farm owners.
(c) Two girls.
(d) Students at a different school.
11. What does Elizabeth accuse Colin of doing in his relationships?
(a) Sucking the life out of women.
(b) Pretending to be disinterested.
(c) Verbal abuse.
(d) Being too loving.
12. What exams does Colin take in Part 4, Chapter 20?
(a) College entrance exams.
(b) Midterm exams.
(c) Final exams.
(d) King Edward's graduating exams.
13. What does Margaret's father do for a living?
(a) He is a manager.
(b) He is a psychologist.
(c) He is a surgeon.
(d) He is a lawyer.
14. Why does Margaret want Colin to leave Saxton in Part 4, Chapter 23?
(a) To better his life.
(b) To grow up.
(c) To find a good job.
(d) To help with her rent.
15. Why does Sheila refuse to visit the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 19?
(a) She says it goes against her religion.
(b) She says her mother would never allow it.
(c) She says she doesn't like Colin that way.
(d) She says she doesn't know Colin well enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry try to convince his father to do when he visits him at a nursing home?
2. What does Colin ask Elizabeth about during their walk around the pond in Part 5, Chapter 28?
3. How does Colin interact with Stafford after he steals Margaret?
4. How does Colin feel about the flat Elizabeth moves into on her own?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 22, what do Colin and Margaret discuss heatedly?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)