|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Colin's students react to him in the classroom in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) They don't pay attention to him.
(b) They begin to have fun.
(c) They openly admit how much they are learning.
(d) They skip class.
2. At the school where Colin teaches in Part 5, Chapter 25, what does the headmaster consider poetry to be?
(b) A joke.
3. Who calls Colin "Bard Colin"?
(a) Miss Woodson.
(b) Mr. Pratt.
(c) His coach.
4. What does Stafford's brother do for a living?
(a) He is a business owner.
(b) He is in the army.
(c) He is a minister.
(d) He is a lawyer.
5. Where do Colin and Margaret have drinks in Part 4, Chapter 23?
(a) The Dormans' house.
(b) The corner bar.
(c) Colin's house.
(d) Stafford's apartment.
6. What does Margaret's father do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a psychologist.
(c) He is a surgeon.
(d) He is a manager.
7. Who talks Colin out of marrying Margaret?
(c) Dr. Dorman.
8. What happened to the dance hall that Michael Reagan was managing?
(a) It had a water main break.
(b) It burned to the ground.
(c) It was robbed.
(d) It went bankrupt.
9. When Colin sends his parents on vacation at Easter, what happens at home to upset him?
(a) Steven is alone with a girl.
(b) Richard runs away.
(c) The roof starts to cave in.
(d) The bill collector comes.
10. Why does Colin's mother go to the hospital in Part 4, Chapter 18?
(a) She is visiting a friend.
(b) She is giving birth.
(c) She is volunteering.
(d) She is ill.
11. Why does Colin take Steven into the backyard in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) To get into a fist fight.
(b) To clean up the yard.
(c) To avoid waking up Harry.
(d) To yell in private.
12. In Part 4, Chapter 20, whom does Colin remain friends with from his school days?
(c) No one.
13. Where does Colin go with Audrey in Part 4, Chapter 18?
(a) To a party.
(b) To dinner.
(c) To a dance.
(d) To the movies.
14. Whom was Elizabeth living with before she moved out into her own flat?
(a) Her husband.
(c) Her sister.
(d) A friend.
15. In Part 4, Chapter 21, what does Colin say he is most interested in studying in college?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Colin feel about the flat Elizabeth moves into on her own?
2. What do Ellen and Colin argue over in Part 5, Chapter 27 that makes her say he is bitter?
3. In Part 4, Chapter 18, why does Harry get mad at Colin?
4. Who ends the relationship between Colin and Elizabeth?
5. Where does Stephens usually take Colin on the back of his scooter after work?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)