|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, Chapter 26, what does Harry show Colin of Andrew's?
(a) His drawings.
(b) His shoes.
(c) A diary.
(d) A picture.
2. Why does Sheila refuse to visit the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 19?
(a) She says she doesn't know Colin well enough.
(b) She says her mother would never allow it.
(c) She says it goes against her religion.
(d) She says she doesn't like Colin that way.
3. What does Colin argue with Steve about in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) Colin's new job.
(b) Their mother's health.
(c) Steven's inability to earn money.
(d) Steven's lack of academic ambition.
4. Why do the Savilles and their neighbors have a party in Part 4, Chapter 19?
(a) For Colin's birthday.
(b) The war has ended.
(c) For Harry's birthday.
(d) A new factory opened.
5. What makes Colin suspicious of Stafford's relationship with Margaret?
(a) He sends her presents.
(b) They went to a dance together.
(c) They drive off together in his car.
(d) She keeps his picture in her wallet.
6. What happens when Steven takes his entrance exams for school?
(a) He fails them completely.
(b) He gets into King Edward's.
(c) He does not get into King Edward's.
(d) He does better than Colin did.
7. In Part 5, Chapter 27, who is studying for entrance exams?
8. What does Michael Reagan do after his father's death?
(a) Gets rid of all the furniture.
(b) Moves to France.
(c) Starts baking cakes.
(d) Yells at his mother.
9. How does Colin feel about the flat Elizabeth moves into on her own?
(a) That it is probably too expensive for her.
(b) That it is the perfect size and has a good view.
(c) That it is small but suitable.
(d) That it is small and depressing.
10. What surprise event happens to Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) He gets a job in Italy.
(b) He breaks his arm.
(c) He is signed to a professional football team.
(d) He is accepted to Oxford.
11. What does Elizabeth accuse Colin of doing in his relationships?
(a) Verbal abuse.
(b) Being too loving.
(c) Pretending to be disinterested.
(d) Sucking the life out of women.
12. When Colin sends his parents on vacation at Easter, what happens at home to upset him?
(a) Richard runs away.
(b) The roof starts to cave in.
(c) Steven is alone with a girl.
(d) The bill collector comes.
13. In Part 4, Chapter 23, whom does Colin seem to envy most?
(a) His youngest brother.
(b) Business owners.
(d) Margaret's brother.
14. What do Harry and Colin argue about in Part 4, Chapter 24?
(a) Colin's finances.
(b) Working as a teacher.
(c) Colin's relationship with Margaret.
(d) Raising children.
15. What exams does Colin take in Part 4, Chapter 20?
(a) King Edward's graduating exams.
(b) Final exams.
(c) College entrance exams.
(d) Midterm exams.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 17, whom does Stafford introduce Colin to?
2. In Part 4, Chapter 20, whom does Colin remain friends with from his school days?
3. Where does Stephens usually take Colin on the back of his scooter after work?
4. What does Colin realize after talking with Harry about Andrew for the first time?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 24, what happens every time Colin goes to see Margaret?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)