|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Colin go with Audrey in Part 4, Chapter 18?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To a party.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To a dance.
2. What happens when Steven takes his entrance exams for school?
(a) He does not get into King Edward's.
(b) He fails them completely.
(c) He does better than Colin did.
(d) He gets into King Edward's.
3. What career does Steven say he wants?
(a) To be a teacher.
(b) To be a musician.
(c) He doesn't know yet.
(d) To work in the coal mine.
4. What does Margaret's brother do for a living?
(a) He is in the military.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is a banker.
5. How does Stephens describe his students?
(a) As bodies to be taught.
(b) As the joys of his day.
(c) As wastes of space.
(d) As minds to be enlightened.
6. How does Stephens do in school?
(a) He barely passes.
(b) He is an average student.
(c) He gets straight As.
(d) He fails every class.
7. Whom was Elizabeth living with before she moved out into her own flat?
(b) A friend.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her sister.
8. Why do the Savilles and their neighbors have a party in Part 4, Chapter 19?
(a) The war has ended.
(b) For Harry's birthday.
(c) A new factory opened.
(d) For Colin's birthday.
9. How does Elizabeth feel about her relationship with Colin?
(a) She feels they have a good chance.
(b) She feels that he is too stubborn.
(c) She feels they have little in common.
(d) She feels that he is very mean.
10. How does Colin interact with Stafford after he steals Margaret?
(a) They remain friends.
(b) They become violent enemies.
(c) They start rumors about each other.
(d) They no longer speak.
11. Who calls Colin "Bard Colin"?
(a) His coach.
(b) Miss Woodson.
(c) Mr. Pratt.
12. After their first date, when does Audrey tell Colin to come to her house?
(a) After church on Sunday.
(b) The next day.
(c) Before school on Monday.
(d) Saturday morning.
13. Why doesn't Colin serve in the military?
(a) He is too old to join.
(b) He needs more college first.
(c) He doesn't go to the right office.
(d) He has flat feet.
14. Who talks Colin out of marrying Margaret?
(a) Dr. Dorman.
15. Where does Stephens usually take Colin on the back of his scooter after work?
(b) To the store.
(c) Out to eat.
(d) To the bus stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 22 what does Margaret help Colin's mother with?
2. How does Colin answer a test question in Part 4, Chapter 17?
3. What does Colin ask Elizabeth about during their walk around the pond in Part 5, Chapter 28?
4. What is unusual about Sheila's parents?
5. In Part 4, Chapter 17, whom does Stafford introduce Colin to?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)