|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom was Elizabeth living with before she moved out into her own flat?
(a) Her sister.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A friend.
2. Why does Sheila refuse to visit the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 19?
(a) She says she doesn't like Colin that way.
(b) She says it goes against her religion.
(c) She says her mother would never allow it.
(d) She says she doesn't know Colin well enough.
3. In Part 4, Chapter 17, whom does Stafford introduce Colin to?
(a) Students at a different school.
(b) Farm owners.
(c) Opera singers.
(d) Two girls.
4. What are the Savilles lacking that surprises Margaret in Part 4, Chapter 22?
(a) A maid.
(c) Running water.
5. In Part 4, Chapter 20, whom does Colin remain friends with from his school days?
(d) No one.
6. How does Colin interact with Stafford after he steals Margaret?
(a) They no longer speak.
(b) They start rumors about each other.
(c) They remain friends.
(d) They become violent enemies.
7. Where does Colin meet Margaret?
(a) At a party.
(b) In Saxton.
(c) At the Reagans' house.
(d) At school.
8. Why does Colin lose his job at the school?
(a) For his lack of education.
(b) For being late.
(c) For playing music.
(d) For his students' failing grades.
9. Who takes Colin to the train station in Part 5, Chapter 31?
10. How does Stephens do in school?
(a) He fails every class.
(b) He barely passes.
(c) He gets straight As.
(d) He is an average student.
11. At the school where Colin teaches in Part 5, Chapter 25, what does the headmaster consider poetry to be?
(b) A joke.
12. In Part 4, Chapter 23, who does join the military?
13. What does Colin argue with Steve about in Part 5, Chapter 26?
(a) Steven's inability to earn money.
(b) Colin's new job.
(c) Their mother's health.
(d) Steven's lack of academic ambition.
14. What do Ellen and Colin argue over in Part 5, Chapter 27 that makes her say he is bitter?
15. What does Michael Reagan want to do for a living?
(a) Write novels.
(b) Be a musician.
(c) Teach at a university.
(d) Work as an artist.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 18, why does Harry get mad at Colin?
2. How does Colin feel about the flat Elizabeth moves into on her own?
3. In Part 5, Chapter 29, who makes an unexpected visit to Colin?
4. What makes Colin so upset with Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
5. Why does Margaret want Colin to leave Saxton in Part 4, Chapter 23?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)