|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephens try to convince Colin to steal in Part 4, Chapter 17?
(b) Tie clips.
(c) Fountain pens.
(d) Cuff links.
2. In Part 5, Chapter 30, Steve accuses Colin of doing what?
(a) Being too bossy.
(b) Cheating on his girlfriend.
(c) Judging people based on their wealth.
(d) Trying to grab everything for himself.
3. What does Colin ask Elizabeth about during their walk around the pond in Part 5, Chapter 28?
(a) Her moving to Saxton.
(b) Her husband divorcing her.
(c) Her lawsuit against a cousin.
(d) Her family history.
4. What makes Colin so upset with Steve in Part 5, Chapter 30?
(a) Steve's cruelty to their mother.
(b) Steve's friendship with Derek.
(c) Steve's clothing choices.
(d) Steve's decision to work in a coal mine.
5. How does Colin feel about Stafford's acceptance to Oxford?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is sad.
(d) He is excited.
6. What does Colin tell Margaret when he loses her to Stafford?
(a) That he will get over her quickly.
(b) That he never loved her.
(c) That he loves her.
(d) That he will never move on.
7. In Part 5, Chapter 28, what is Colin allowed to teach the children at his school?
(b) Reading skills.
(c) History of England.
8. In Part 4, Chapter 17, whom does Stafford introduce Colin to?
(a) Students at a different school.
(b) Opera singers.
(c) Two girls.
(d) Farm owners.
9. What does Colin realize after talking with Harry about Andrew for the first time?
(a) That his mother still grieves every day.
(b) That his parents had more children to replace Andrew.
(c) That he'll never replace Andrew.
(d) That he is jealous of Andrew.
10. Why does Elizabeth think she has less of a chance than Colin for making something of herself?
(a) Because she will be divorced.
(b) Because she is an atheist.
(c) Because she is a woman.
(d) Because she is poor.
11. How much money has Colin saved up to take with him when he leaves Saxton?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 75 pounds.
(c) 25 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
12. Why does Sheila refuse to visit the Savilles in Part 4, Chapter 19?
(a) She says it goes against her religion.
(b) She says she doesn't like Colin that way.
(c) She says her mother would never allow it.
(d) She says she doesn't know Colin well enough.
13. What does Marion call Stafford when he puts his arm around her for the first time?
14. In Part 4, Chapter 18, why does Harry get mad at Colin?
(a) For being out with a girl.
(b) For getting failing grades.
(c) For forgetting his chores.
(d) For not staying home with his brothers.
15. At the school where Colin teaches in Part 5, Chapter 25, what does the headmaster consider poetry to be?
(a) A joke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steve give his parents at the end of Part 5, Chapter 30?
2. Where do Colin and Margaret have drinks in Part 4, Chapter 23?
3. How does Colin answer a test question in Part 4, Chapter 17?
4. What does Ellen tell Colin about Steven in Part 5, Chapter 26?
5. What exams does Colin take in Part 4, Chapter 20?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)