|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Colin go to school in the fall?
(a) Elizabethan Prep.
(b) King Edward's Grammar School.
(c) Liggett University.
(d) Melsham Manor.
2. Where do the Savilles walk for an hour every Sunday?
(a) Around the village and park.
(b) Around the community garden.
(c) To the grocery store.
(d) To the library.
3. Where does Mr. Bletchley work?
(a) A coal mine.
(b) A bank.
(c) A truck depot.
(d) He is unemployed.
4. How does Harry feel toward Mr. Reagan?
(a) He is intimidated by him.
(b) He is afraid of him.
(c) He admires him.
(d) He is jealous of him.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 16, where are Ellen's parents confined?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To the couch.
(c) To their bed.
(d) To the first floor of their house.
6. When the Savilles go sledding in Part 2, Chapter 10, who does not enjoy the activity?
7. What shift does Harry work at the coal pit?
(a) The afternoon shift.
(b) The day shift.
(c) The night shift.
(d) A split shift.
8. After the casts come off Harry's legs, what does he ask Mr. Reagan for?
(a) A job.
(b) Babysitting time.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A loan.
9. Who does Colin get into a fist fight with in Part 3, Chapter 15?
10. Who do the Savilles run into while sledding in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Reagan.
11. Where does Colin meet Stafford in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) In town.
(b) At the park.
(c) During recess.
(d) In the principal's office.
12. What happened when the Savilles and their neighbors went into Harry's bomb shelter in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) The door wouldn't close.
(b) The roof collapsed.
(c) The door wouldn't open.
(d) It was flooded.
13. When do Harry and his family move just outside of Saxton?
(a) The 1940s.
(b) The 1920s.
(c) The 1930s.
(d) The 1910s.
14. What are the Saxon's neighbors waiting for in Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) The housing prices to rise.
(b) The delivery of a daily newspaper.
(c) The end of the war.
(d) The opening of a new factory.
15. In Part 1, Chapter 5, how long is Colin's mother in the hospital?
(a) Four months.
(b) A month.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Woodson treat her students at King Edward's?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 13, what does Harry tell Colin he is proud of?
3. Where do Ellen and Colin go to buy his school uniform?
4. Where does Colin stay when his mother is in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. When Ellen's parents are on their death bed, how does Ellen feel about her relationship with them?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)