|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry begin to do every night before work in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(b) Build his inventions.
(c) Talk on the phone.
(d) Play football.
2. What does Mr. Carter teach at King Edward's?
3. What does Ellen do to Harry when Stafford comes over for tea?
(a) She straightens his tie.
(b) She makes fun of his accent.
(c) She corrects his grammar.
(d) She tells him to leave the room.
4. Why does Harry help Colin with testing every night in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) So Colin can skip the next grade in school.
(b) So Colin can do better in school.
(c) So Colin can stay back a grade in school.
(d) So Colin can go to military school.
5. How old is Andrew in Part 1, Chapter 2?
6. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what irritates Ellen about Andrew?
(a) His outgoing personality.
(b) His shyness.
(c) His sleepiness.
(d) His speech impediment.
7. In Part 1, Chapter 5, how long is Colin's mother in the hospital?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Four months.
(d) A month.
8. What does Colin do after his job on the farm ends?
(a) He finds more work.
(b) He helps his mom at home.
(c) He hangs out with his friends.
(d) He starts to study for the fall.
9. How does Harry feel toward Mr. Reagan?
(a) He is afraid of him.
(b) He is intimidated by him.
(c) He is jealous of him.
(d) He admires him.
10. What job does Colin do when he works on a farm?
(a) Milks cows.
(b) Cuts and bundles grain.
(c) Sows seeds.
(d) Feeds animals.
11. How does Harry know the friend he runs into while at the seashore in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) From the military.
(b) From college.
(c) From the factory.
(d) From the coal mine.
12. In Part 3, Chapter 13, how is Batty doing in school?
(a) He hasn't been placed in a school yet.
(b) He gets mostly Cs.
(c) He is at the top of his class.
(d) He will likely drop out.
13. How did Harry feel after Colin's fist fight in Part 3, Chapter 15?
14. What rugby team is Colin asked to join at his school?
(a) The second-string team.
(b) The junior team.
(c) The freshmen team.
(d) The varsity team.
15. Who helps with Ellen's dying parents in Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) Ellen's brother.
(b) Ellen's niece.
(c) Ellen's cousin.
(d) Ellen's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the seashore, how does Colin first react to the water?
2. How many bunk beds does Harry put in the bomb shelter?
3. Why did the Savilles and their neighbors go into Harry's bomb shelter in Part 1, Chapter 4?
4. Who failed the grammar school entrance exam?
5. How does Mr. Hodge's react to Colin's tardiness in Part 3, Chapter 12?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)