|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what event does Colin place second in the spring track meet?
(a) High jump.
(b) 20-meter dash.
(c) Long jump.
(d) Shot put.
2. What does Mr. Carter teach at King Edward's?
3. How did Harry feel after Colin's fist fight in Part 3, Chapter 15?
4. What does Colin do after his job on the farm ends?
(a) He starts to study for the fall.
(b) He hangs out with his friends.
(c) He finds more work.
(d) He helps his mom at home.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what irritates Ellen about Andrew?
(a) His sleepiness.
(b) His shyness.
(c) His outgoing personality.
(d) His speech impediment.
6. Which day of school is Colin late for?
(a) The first.
(b) The third.
(c) The second.
(d) The fourth.
7. When Ellen goes to the hospital to have her baby, who helps Steven get ready in the morning?
(c) Mr. Reagan.
8. In Part 3, Chapter 13, how is Batty doing in school?
(a) He is at the top of his class.
(b) He hasn't been placed in a school yet.
(c) He will likely drop out.
(d) He gets mostly Cs.
9. How was Harry able to take his family to the seashore in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He had to stay with a friend.
(b) He had to use his retirement savings.
(c) He had to work overtime.
(d) He had to borrow money.
10. What nationalities are the prisoners of war Colin interacts with in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(a) English and Irish.
(b) German and Italian.
(c) Polish and Russian.
(d) French and Spanish.
11. After the casts come off Harry's legs, what does he ask Mr. Reagan for?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A job.
(c) A loan.
(d) Babysitting time.
12. Why does Ellen buy Colin's uniform too large for him?
(a) Because it was the only size available.
(b) Because she didn't know his size.
(c) So he can grow into it.
(d) So he won't feel too confident.
13. How does Miss Woodson treat her students at King Edward's?
(a) She yells at them.
(b) She embarrasses them.
(c) She helps them.
(d) She gets them out of trouble.
14. What does Colin see his father do when he follows him to the park in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) March with other men.
(b) Beat up another man.
(c) Steal money.
(d) Buy a gun.
15. Why does Harry creosote the timbers for his bomb shelter?
(a) To keep it water tight.
(b) To build doors.
(c) To make them easy to saw.
(d) To support the walls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do after running into his friend in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. What motivates Harry to create more inventions?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 5, how long is Colin's mother in the hospital?
4. Where does Colin stay when his mother is in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. Where is the Dell located?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)