|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Colin stay when his mother is in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) In the hospital with his mom.
(b) Alone at his house.
(c) With Harry's boss.
(d) With the Shaws.
2. How does Colin think he did on the examination in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(b) He has no idea.
(d) Very well.
3. What does Stafford buy for Colin in Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) A charm.
(b) A tie clip.
(c) Cuff links.
(d) A watch.
4. What motivates Harry to create more inventions?
(a) Ellen's kind words.
(b) The chance of leaving his job.
(c) A letter saying his design is under consideration.
(d) A $500 grant.
5. How old is Andrew in Part 1, Chapter 2?
6. In Part 3, Chapter 13, what does Harry tell Colin he is proud of?
(a) His grades.
(b) The school he attends.
(c) His performance in sports.
(d) His relationship with his brother.
7. Where does Colin meet Stafford in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) During recess.
(b) In the principal's office.
(c) In town.
(d) At the park.
8. What does Colin do after his job on the farm ends?
(a) He finds more work.
(b) He helps his mom at home.
(c) He hangs out with his friends.
(d) He starts to study for the fall.
9. How long does Colin work on the farm?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Seven weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
10. Who do the Savilles run into while sledding in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(d) Mr. Reagan.
11. How does Andrew die?
(b) The family doesn't know.
(c) An accident.
12. Where does Harry plant vegetables in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) The community garden in town.
(b) In a neighboring farm town.
(c) In Mr. Reagan's backyard.
(d) In his backyard.
13. What nationalities are the prisoners of war Colin interacts with in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(a) Polish and Russian.
(b) French and Spanish.
(c) German and Italian.
(d) English and Irish.
14. In what event does Colin place second in the spring track meet?
(a) Long jump.
(b) Shot put.
(c) High jump.
(d) 20-meter dash.
15. How does Harry feel toward Mr. Reagan?
(a) He is intimidated by him.
(b) He is jealous of him.
(c) He is afraid of him.
(d) He admires him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Colin's mother in the hospital?
2. After the casts come off Harry's legs, what does he ask Mr. Reagan for?
3. What are the two parts of Saxton?
4. Who does Harry give vegetables to in Part 2, Chapter 8?
5. What do Grandfather and Mr. Reagan talk about when Grandfather comes to stay with the Savilles?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)