|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Michael Reagan teased at Sunday school?
(a) Because he plays the violin.
(b) Because he has not read the Bible.
(c) Because he reads books.
(d) Because he shows up late.
2. Who helps the Savilles manage their grief over losing Andrew?
(c) An unnamed neighbor.
3. What type of inventions does Harry start to create in Part 2, Chapter 7?
4. What nationalities are the prisoners of war Colin interacts with in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(a) English and Irish.
(b) German and Italian.
(c) French and Spanish.
(d) Polish and Russian.
5. When the Savilles go sledding in Part 2, Chapter 10, who does not enjoy the activity?
6. In Part 3, Chapter 13, how is Batty doing in school?
(a) He hasn't been placed in a school yet.
(b) He gets mostly Cs.
(c) He is at the top of his class.
(d) He will likely drop out.
7. Where is the Dell located?
(a) Near the sewer works.
(b) Across from a coal mine.
(c) By the train tracks.
(d) Behind a factory.
8. In Part 3, Chapter 13, what does Harry tell Colin he is proud of?
(a) His relationship with his brother.
(b) His performance in sports.
(c) His grades.
(d) The school he attends.
9. Where does Colin stay when his mother is in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) In the hospital with his mom.
(b) With Harry's boss.
(c) Alone at his house.
(d) With the Shaws.
10. What happened when the Savilles and their neighbors went into Harry's bomb shelter in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) It was flooded.
(b) The door wouldn't open.
(c) The door wouldn't close.
(d) The roof collapsed.
11. What nickname does Harry's brother, Jack, go by?
(a) Mad Jack.
(b) Jack Jack.
(c) Jack Man.
(d) Black Jack.
12. What does Harry do after running into his friend in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He borrows money from his friend.
(b) He invites his friend for dinner.
(c) He goes to a different beach.
(d) He goes home.
13. What does Harry begin to do every night before work in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Play football.
(b) Talk on the phone.
(c) Build his inventions.
14. What do Grandfather and Mr. Reagan talk about when Grandfather comes to stay with the Savilles?
(a) Love stories.
(b) Fishing stories.
(c) Hunting stories.
(d) War stories.
15. Where does Harry plant vegetables in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) In his backyard.
(b) In Mr. Reagan's backyard.
(c) The community garden in town.
(d) In a neighboring farm town.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Harry's friend urge him to do?
2. Where do Colin and Stafford go after finishing tea at the Savilles' in Part 3, Chapter 15?
3. What does Batty get involved with in Part 3, Chapter 13?
4. Whose voice does Colin hear one day while working on the farm?
5. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what irritates Ellen about Andrew?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)