Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Colin go to school in the fall?
(a) Melsham Manor.
(b) King Edward's Grammar School.
(c) Elizabethan Prep.
(d) Liggett University.
2. How was Harry able to take his family to the seashore in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He had to work overtime.
(b) He had to use his retirement savings.
(c) He had to borrow money.
(d) He had to stay with a friend.
3. What day of the week does Stafford come over to the Savilles' house in Part 3, Chapter 15?
4. Where do Ellen and Colin go to buy his school uniform?
(c) A city two hours away.
(d) A nearby town.
5. Who teaches Colin's class at his new school?
(a) Mr. Lincoln.
(b) Mr. Hodges.
(c) Mr. Hubbell.
(d) Mr. Latin.
6. In Part 3, Chapter 13, what does Harry tell Colin he is proud of?
(a) His grades.
(b) His performance in sports.
(c) His relationship with his brother.
(d) The school he attends.
7. What does Harry do after running into his friend in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He goes to a different beach.
(c) He invites his friend for dinner.
(d) He borrows money from his friend.
8. How does Harry feel toward Mr. Reagan?
(a) He admires him.
(b) He is afraid of him.
(c) He is jealous of him.
(d) He is intimidated by him.
9. Which day of school is Colin late for?
(a) The third.
(b) The fourth.
(c) The first.
(d) The second.
10. How does Colin get a sled in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) Ellen buys him one.
(b) Harry makes him one.
(c) He finds it behind his school.
(d) Ian lets him borrow his.
11. What did Harry tell Colin about the hospital?
(a) It was for sick people only.
(b) It closed early.
(c) Doctors were his friends.
(d) No children were allowed.
12. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what irritates Ellen about Andrew?
(a) His outgoing personality.
(b) His sleepiness.
(c) His speech impediment.
(d) His shyness.
13. Why does Harry help Colin with testing every night in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) So Colin can skip the next grade in school.
(b) So Colin can stay back a grade in school.
(c) So Colin can go to military school.
(d) So Colin can do better in school.
14. What are the two parts of Saxton?
(a) The rich part and the poor part.
(b) The new part and the old part.
(c) The east part and the west part.
(d) The north part and the south part.
15. Who does Harry give vegetables to in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Reagan.
(b) Mr. Bletchly.
(c) Mr. Morrison.
(d) Mr. Shaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps the Savilles manage their grief over losing Andrew?
2. How does Miss Woodson treat her students at King Edward's?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 6, what does Colin do on Sundays?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 7, who does Colin go to Sunday school with?
5. What does Colin see his father do when he follows him to the park in Part 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)