|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Saxon's neighbors waiting for in Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) The opening of a new factory.
(b) The housing prices to rise.
(c) The delivery of a daily newspaper.
(d) The end of the war.
2. Who teaches Colin's class at his new school?
(a) Mr. Lincoln.
(b) Mr. Hodges.
(c) Mr. Latin.
(d) Mr. Hubbell.
3. Why does Harry become frustrated with Colin's preparatory tests?
(a) Colin keeps getting too many wrong.
(b) He can't find the advanced tests anywhere.
(c) The questions become harder.
(d) The tests are all the same.
4. Who decides that Colin should attend Sunday school?
(b) Mr. Morrison.
5. What does Batty get involved with in Part 3, Chapter 13?
(a) Playing rugby.
(b) Building huts.
(c) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Working in a coal mine.
6. Who does Colin get into a fist fight with in Part 3, Chapter 15?
7. Why does Ellen buy Colin's uniform too large for him?
(a) So he won't feel too confident.
(b) Because it was the only size available.
(c) So he can grow into it.
(d) Because she didn't know his size.
8. What does Mr. Carter teach at King Edward's?
9. In Part 1, Chapter 5, how long is Colin's mother in the hospital?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Four months.
10. What does Stafford buy for Colin in Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) A tie clip.
(b) Cuff links.
(c) A charm.
(d) A watch.
11. In Part 3, Chapter 13, what does Harry tell Colin he is proud of?
(a) The school he attends.
(b) His grades.
(c) His relationship with his brother.
(d) His performance in sports.
12. Whose voice does Colin hear one day while working on the farm?
13. What does Colin see his father do when he follows him to the park in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) March with other men.
(b) Buy a gun.
(c) Beat up another man.
(d) Steal money.
14. When does Harry start building the bomb shelter?
(a) After his family's summer vacation.
(b) After his neighbors were robbed.
(c) After he gets a bonus at work.
(d) Before Colin's birthday.
15. Where do Ellen and Colin go to buy his school uniform?
(b) A city two hours away.
(d) A nearby town.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 16, where are Ellen's parents confined?
2. What nickname does Harry's brother, Jack, go by?
3. Who helps the Savilles manage their grief over losing Andrew?
4. Who do the Savilles run into while sledding in Part 2, Chapter 10?
5. When Ellen goes to the hospital to have her baby, who helps Steven get ready in the morning?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)