|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which day of school is Colin late for?
(a) The third.
(b) The first.
(c) The fourth.
(d) The second.
2. How does Miss Woodson treat her students at King Edward's?
(a) She yells at them.
(b) She embarrasses them.
(c) She gets them out of trouble.
(d) She helps them.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 12, what happens when Harry comes to one of Colin's games?
(a) He makes Colin proud.
(b) He shows up late to the game.
(c) He embarrasses Colin.
(d) He roots for the wrong team.
4. Where do the Savilles walk for an hour every Sunday?
(a) To the grocery store.
(b) Around the community garden.
(c) Around the village and park.
(d) To the library.
5. What motivates Harry to create more inventions?
(a) A $500 grant.
(b) The chance of leaving his job.
(c) Ellen's kind words.
(d) A letter saying his design is under consideration.
6. How does Stafford travel to and from school?
(a) The train.
(b) A car.
(c) He walks.
(d) The bus.
7. Whose voice does Colin hear one day while working on the farm?
8. Why did the Savilles and their neighbors go into Harry's bomb shelter in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) Harry was looking for work building bomb shelters.
(b) There was a tornado.
(c) They were showing it off.
(d) There was an air raid.
9. Where is the Dell located?
(a) Near the sewer works.
(b) Across from a coal mine.
(c) By the train tracks.
(d) Behind a factory.
10. Where will Colin go to school in the fall?
(a) Liggett University.
(b) King Edward's Grammar School.
(c) Melsham Manor.
(d) Elizabethan Prep.
11. What does Ellen's mother think girls should do?
(a) Take care of the children.
(b) Take care of their husbands.
(c) Take care of the animals.
(d) Take care of their mothers.
12. Where does Colin meet Stafford in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) In the principal's office.
(b) During recess.
(c) At the park.
(d) In town.
13. Who teaches Colin's class at his new school?
(a) Mr. Lincoln.
(b) Mr. Hubbell.
(c) Mr. Latin.
(d) Mr. Hodges.
14. Where does Mr. Bletchley work?
(a) A truck depot.
(b) A coal mine.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) A bank.
15. How old is Andrew in Part 1, Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harry know the friend he runs into while at the seashore in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. How does Harry hide the roof to the bomb shelter?
3. Who do the Savilles run into while sledding in Part 2, Chapter 10?
4. Who helps the Savilles manage their grief over losing Andrew?
5. How does Andrew die?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)