|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Colin think he did on the examination in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) He has no idea.
(d) Very well.
2. What does Stafford buy for Colin in Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) Cuff links.
(b) A tie clip.
(c) A charm.
(d) A watch.
3. In Part 3, Chapter 13, what does Harry tell Colin he is proud of?
(a) His grades.
(b) The school he attends.
(c) His performance in sports.
(d) His relationship with his brother.
4. When Ellen goes to the hospital to have her baby, who helps Steven get ready in the morning?
(d) Mr. Reagan.
5. Who teaches Colin's class at his new school?
(a) Mr. Hubbell.
(b) Mr. Hodges.
(c) Mr. Lincoln.
(d) Mr. Latin.
6. What does Harry do after running into his friend in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He goes to a different beach.
(c) He borrows money from his friend.
(d) He invites his friend for dinner.
7. Which day of school is Colin late for?
(a) The third.
(b) The second.
(c) The first.
(d) The fourth.
8. Why is Michael Reagan teased at Sunday school?
(a) Because he reads books.
(b) Because he has not read the Bible.
(c) Because he shows up late.
(d) Because he plays the violin.
9. Why does Harry beat Colin in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) For forgetting Steven at the park.
(b) For breaking his sled.
(c) For doing poorly on his entrance exam.
(d) For taking Steven to a dangerous place.
10. Where do Colin and Stafford go after finishing tea at the Savilles' in Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) To the movies.
(b) To a diner.
(c) To the hut.
(d) To town.
11. How old is Colin in Part 3, Chapter 14?
12. In Part 2, Chapter 6, what does Colin do on Sundays?
(a) Go to church with Harry.
(b) Mow the neighbors' lawns.
(c) Push Steven in his carriage.
(d) Work at the corner store.
13. Why does Harry creosote the timbers for his bomb shelter?
(a) To make them easy to saw.
(b) To keep it water tight.
(c) To build doors.
(d) To support the walls.
14. What did Harry tell Colin about the hospital?
(a) No children were allowed.
(b) It was for sick people only.
(c) Doctors were his friends.
(d) It closed early.
15. What nickname does Harry's brother, Jack, go by?
(a) Jack Man.
(b) Mad Jack.
(c) Jack Jack.
(d) Black Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two parts of Saxton?
2. What does Colin do after his job on the farm ends?
3. What do Grandfather and Mr. Reagan talk about when Grandfather comes to stay with the Savilles?
4. How long does Colin's examination take?
5. How does Andrew die?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)