|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Colin work on the farm?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Seven weeks.
2. Which day of school is Colin late for?
(a) The third.
(b) The first.
(c) The second.
(d) The fourth.
3. Where do Colin and Stafford go after finishing tea at the Savilles' in Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) To the hut.
(b) To a diner.
(c) To town.
(d) To the movies.
4. Why does Harry help Colin with testing every night in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) So Colin can go to military school.
(b) So Colin can stay back a grade in school.
(c) So Colin can do better in school.
(d) So Colin can skip the next grade in school.
5. Who does Harry give vegetables to in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Morrison.
(b) Mr. Bletchly.
(c) Mr. Reagan.
(d) Mr. Shaw.
6. Why does Ellen buy Colin's uniform too large for him?
(a) So he won't feel too confident.
(b) Because it was the only size available.
(c) So he can grow into it.
(d) Because she didn't know his size.
7. How old is Colin in Part 3, Chapter 14?
8. Who decides that Colin should attend Sunday school?
(a) Mr. Morrison.
9. What does Harry do after running into his friend in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He goes to a different beach.
(c) He invites his friend for dinner.
(d) He borrows money from his friend.
10. Who does Colin get into a fist fight with in Part 3, Chapter 15?
11. How old is Andrew in Part 1, Chapter 2?
12. Who failed the grammar school entrance exam?
13. Where does Mr. Bletchley work?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) A coal mine.
(c) A bank.
(d) A truck depot.
14. How does Colin think he did on the examination in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(b) He has no idea.
(c) Very well.
15. What does Ellen do to Harry when Stafford comes over for tea?
(a) She tells him to leave the room.
(b) She makes fun of his accent.
(c) She corrects his grammar.
(d) She straightens his tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the seashore, how does Colin first react to the water?
2. Why did the Savilles and their neighbors go into Harry's bomb shelter in Part 1, Chapter 4?
3. Where does Harry plant vegetables in Part 2, Chapter 8?
4. What rugby team is Colin asked to join at his school?
5. How does Colin get a sled in Part 2, Chapter 10?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)