|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ellen's parents are on their death bed, how does Ellen feel about her relationship with them?
(a) She made them proud.
(b) She is a disappointment.
(c) She did all she could.
(d) She was abused.
2. How does Andrew die?
(b) The family doesn't know.
(c) An accident.
3. What does the school's motto, Labor Ipse Voluptas, mean?
(a) Pleasure after work.
(b) Learning is work.
(c) Work for your money.
(d) Work is a pleasure.
4. Who does Harry give vegetables to in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Bletchly.
(b) Mr. Reagan.
(c) Mr. Shaw.
(d) Mr. Morrison.
5. How does Miss Woodson treat her students at King Edward's?
(a) She helps them.
(b) She gets them out of trouble.
(c) She embarrasses them.
(d) She yells at them.
6. When do Harry and his family move just outside of Saxton?
(a) The 1910s.
(b) The 1920s.
(c) The 1930s.
(d) The 1940s.
7. What does Colin see his father do when he follows him to the park in Part 2, Chapter 6?
(a) March with other men.
(b) Steal money.
(c) Buy a gun.
(d) Beat up another man.
8. How does Colin think he did on the examination in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(c) He has no idea.
(d) Very well.
9. Where does Harry plant vegetables in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) In Mr. Reagan's backyard.
(b) The community garden in town.
(c) In a neighboring farm town.
(d) In his backyard.
10. Where does Mr. Bletchley work?
(a) A coal mine.
(b) A truck depot.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) A bank.
11. How does Mr. Hodge's react to Colin's tardiness in Part 3, Chapter 12?
(a) He gives Colin a detention.
(b) He gives Colin a red mark.
(c) He gives Colin extra homework.
(d) He gives Colin a time out.
12. Why does Harry become frustrated with Colin's preparatory tests?
(a) Colin keeps getting too many wrong.
(b) The questions become harder.
(c) The tests are all the same.
(d) He can't find the advanced tests anywhere.
13. How did Harry feel after Colin's fist fight in Part 3, Chapter 15?
14. How old is Colin in Part 3, Chapter 14?
15. In Part 1, Chapter 5, how long is Colin's mother in the hospital?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Colin's class at his new school?
2. What does Colin think about the night before his examinations?
3. Who do the Savilles run into while sledding in Part 2, Chapter 10?
4. What does Ellen do to Harry when Stafford comes over for tea?
5. In what event does Colin place second in the spring track meet?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)