|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Harry tell Colin about the hospital?
(a) It was for sick people only.
(b) It closed early.
(c) Doctors were his friends.
(d) No children were allowed.
2. Who do the Savilles run into while sledding in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(b) Mr. Reagan.
3. Why does Harry become frustrated with Colin's preparatory tests?
(a) The tests are all the same.
(b) The questions become harder.
(c) Colin keeps getting too many wrong.
(d) He can't find the advanced tests anywhere.
4. How old is Andrew in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. When the Savilles go sledding in Part 2, Chapter 10, who does not enjoy the activity?
6. Where will Colin go to school in the fall?
(a) Elizabethan Prep.
(b) Melsham Manor.
(c) Liggett University.
(d) King Edward's Grammar School.
7. How does Mr. Hodge's react to Colin's tardiness in Part 3, Chapter 12?
(a) He gives Colin a red mark.
(b) He gives Colin a detention.
(c) He gives Colin a time out.
(d) He gives Colin extra homework.
8. How does Harry know the friend he runs into while at the seashore in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) From college.
(b) From the military.
(c) From the factory.
(d) From the coal mine.
9. Where does Harry plant vegetables in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) In Mr. Reagan's backyard.
(b) The community garden in town.
(c) In a neighboring farm town.
(d) In his backyard.
10. How does Colin think he did on the examination in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(b) Very well.
(c) He has no idea.
11. What are the Saxon's neighbors waiting for in Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) The delivery of a daily newspaper.
(b) The housing prices to rise.
(c) The opening of a new factory.
(d) The end of the war.
12. How does Harry feel toward Mr. Reagan?
(a) He is afraid of him.
(b) He admires him.
(c) He is jealous of him.
(d) He is intimidated by him.
13. After the casts come off Harry's legs, what does he ask Mr. Reagan for?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A job.
(c) Babysitting time.
(d) A loan.
14. What does Colin think about the night before his examinations?
(a) Math and quiz problems.
(b) His hut with Ian.
(c) Making more money than his father.
(d) His mother letting him stay home from school.
15. Where does Colin meet Stafford in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) In town.
(b) In the principal's office.
(c) At the park.
(d) During recess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Michael Reagan teased at Sunday school?
2. What does Colin do after his job on the farm ends?
3. How many bunk beds does Harry put in the bomb shelter?
4. What happened when the Savilles and their neighbors went into Harry's bomb shelter in Part 1, Chapter 4?
5. When does Harry start building the bomb shelter?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)