|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 3, Chapter 16, where are Ellen's parents confined?
(a) To the couch.
(b) To their bed.
(c) To the first floor of their house.
(d) To the hospital.
2. Why does Ellen buy Colin's uniform too large for him?
(a) So he won't feel too confident.
(b) Because she didn't know his size.
(c) So he can grow into it.
(d) Because it was the only size available.
3. When Ellen's parents are on their death bed, how does Ellen feel about her relationship with them?
(a) She is a disappointment.
(b) She was abused.
(c) She made them proud.
(d) She did all she could.
4. After the casts come off Harry's legs, what does he ask Mr. Reagan for?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A job.
(c) A loan.
(d) Babysitting time.
5. Who teaches Colin's class at his new school?
(a) Mr. Hubbell.
(b) Mr. Lincoln.
(c) Mr. Latin.
(d) Mr. Hodges.
6. What does Harry begin to do every night before work in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Play football.
(b) Talk on the phone.
(c) Build his inventions.
7. What happened when the Savilles and their neighbors went into Harry's bomb shelter in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) The door wouldn't open.
(b) The roof collapsed.
(c) It was flooded.
(d) The door wouldn't close.
8. What does Ellen's mother think girls should do?
(a) Take care of the animals.
(b) Take care of the children.
(c) Take care of their husbands.
(d) Take care of their mothers.
9. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what do Ellen's parents complain about when she visits them?
(a) How Ellen doesn't visit often enough.
(b) How their house is falling apart.
(c) How broke they are.
(d) How little their children do for them.
10. Why does Harry creosote the timbers for his bomb shelter?
(a) To make them easy to saw.
(b) To support the walls.
(c) To keep it water tight.
(d) To build doors.
11. Who does Harry give vegetables to in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Shaw.
(b) Mr. Morrison.
(c) Mr. Reagan.
(d) Mr. Bletchly.
12. What are the two parts of Saxton?
(a) The north part and the south part.
(b) The rich part and the poor part.
(c) The east part and the west part.
(d) The new part and the old part.
13. What does Ellen do to Harry when Stafford comes over for tea?
(a) She straightens his tie.
(b) She tells him to leave the room.
(c) She makes fun of his accent.
(d) She corrects his grammar.
14. When do Harry and his family move just outside of Saxton?
(a) The 1910s.
(b) The 1930s.
(c) The 1940s.
(d) The 1920s.
15. Why does Harry beat Colin in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) For doing poorly on his entrance exam.
(b) For taking Steven to a dangerous place.
(c) For forgetting Steven at the park.
(d) For breaking his sled.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Colin's examination take?
2. What does Colin do after his job on the farm ends?
3. Where is the Dell located?
4. Where does Colin meet Stafford in Part 2, Chapter 11?
5. What does Mr. Carter teach at King Edward's?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)