|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Colin and Stafford go after finishing tea at the Savilles' in Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) To the hut.
(b) To town.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To a diner.
2. In Part 2, Chapter 7, who does Colin go to Sunday school with?
3. What nickname does Harry's brother, Jack, go by?
(a) Mad Jack.
(b) Jack Jack.
(c) Black Jack.
(d) Jack Man.
4. What does Batty get involved with in Part 3, Chapter 13?
(a) Playing rugby.
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(c) Working in a coal mine.
(d) Building huts.
5. How did Harry feel after Colin's fist fight in Part 3, Chapter 15?
6. What does Harry do after running into his friend in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He invites his friend for dinner.
(b) He borrows money from his friend.
(c) He goes to a different beach.
(d) He goes home.
7. Where is the Dell located?
(a) By the train tracks.
(b) Behind a factory.
(c) Near the sewer works.
(d) Across from a coal mine.
8. After the casts come off Harry's legs, what does he ask Mr. Reagan for?
(a) A loan.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A job.
(d) Babysitting time.
9. How does Miss Woodson treat her students at King Edward's?
(a) She embarrasses them.
(b) She gets them out of trouble.
(c) She helps them.
(d) She yells at them.
10. What job does Colin do when he works on a farm?
(a) Sows seeds.
(b) Milks cows.
(c) Feeds animals.
(d) Cuts and bundles grain.
11. Who does Colin get into a fist fight with in Part 3, Chapter 15?
12. What motivates Harry to create more inventions?
(a) A letter saying his design is under consideration.
(b) The chance of leaving his job.
(c) Ellen's kind words.
(d) A $500 grant.
13. What does Harry begin to do every night before work in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Play football.
(b) Talk on the phone.
(c) Build his inventions.
14. How does Mr. Hodge's react to Colin's tardiness in Part 3, Chapter 12?
(a) He gives Colin a detention.
(b) He gives Colin a red mark.
(c) He gives Colin extra homework.
(d) He gives Colin a time out.
15. When Ellen's parents are on their death bed, how does Ellen feel about her relationship with them?
(a) She is a disappointment.
(b) She made them proud.
(c) She was abused.
(d) She did all she could.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Harry's friend urge him to do?
2. Who decides that Colin should attend Sunday school?
3. How does Andrew die?
4. How long does Colin work on the farm?
5. What shift does Harry work at the coal pit?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)