|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Grandfather and Mr. Reagan talk about when Grandfather comes to stay with the Savilles?
(a) Hunting stories.
(b) Love stories.
(c) War stories.
(d) Fishing stories.
2. Where will Colin go to school in the fall?
(a) Liggett University.
(b) King Edward's Grammar School.
(c) Melsham Manor.
(d) Elizabethan Prep.
3. Where does Colin stay when his mother is in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) In the hospital with his mom.
(b) With Harry's boss.
(c) With the Shaws.
(d) Alone at his house.
4. How does Harry punish Colin for taking Steven to the hut?
(a) He whips him.
(b) He takes his trains.
(c) He sends him to his grandparents.
(d) He grounds him.
5. Where does Colin meet Stafford in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) In the principal's office.
(b) At the park.
(c) During recess.
(d) In town.
6. Who decides that Colin should attend Sunday school?
(a) Mr. Morrison.
7. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does Harry's friend urge him to do?
(a) Start a business.
(b) Leave his family.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Write a book.
8. How old is Andrew in Part 1, Chapter 2?
9. What day of the week does Stafford come over to the Savilles' house in Part 3, Chapter 15?
10. What does Harry decide not to tell his wife about during their vacation at the seashore?
(a) That her clothes are poorly made.
(b) That Colin is sick.
(c) That they are broke.
(d) That a war may start soon.
11. In Part 3, Chapter 12, what happens when Harry comes to one of Colin's games?
(a) He embarrasses Colin.
(b) He roots for the wrong team.
(c) He makes Colin proud.
(d) He shows up late to the game.
12. How did Harry feel after Colin's fist fight in Part 3, Chapter 15?
13. Why does Harry creosote the timbers for his bomb shelter?
(a) To keep it water tight.
(b) To make them easy to saw.
(c) To build doors.
(d) To support the walls.
14. In Part 3, Chapter 13, what does Harry tell Colin he is proud of?
(a) The school he attends.
(b) His grades.
(c) His relationship with his brother.
(d) His performance in sports.
15. What does Harry begin to do every night before work in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(b) Play football.
(c) Build his inventions.
(d) Talk on the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ellen's parents are on their death bed, how does Ellen feel about her relationship with them?
2. What type of inventions does Harry start to create in Part 2, Chapter 7?
3. How does Harry hide the roof to the bomb shelter?
4. What does the school's motto, Labor Ipse Voluptas, mean?
5. Who helps the Savilles manage their grief over losing Andrew?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)