|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what event does Colin place second in the spring track meet?
(a) Shot put.
(b) 20-meter dash.
(c) Long jump.
(d) High jump.
2. Who failed the grammar school entrance exam?
3. What does Harry begin to do every night before work in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) Talk on the phone.
(b) Build his inventions.
(d) Play football.
4. After the casts come off Harry's legs, what does he ask Mr. Reagan for?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A loan.
(c) A job.
(d) Babysitting time.
5. Who helps the Savilles manage their grief over losing Andrew?
(a) An unnamed neighbor.
6. What does Colin do after his job on the farm ends?
(a) He starts to study for the fall.
(b) He finds more work.
(c) He hangs out with his friends.
(d) He helps his mom at home.
7. Why does Harry help Colin with testing every night in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) So Colin can go to military school.
(b) So Colin can stay back a grade in school.
(c) So Colin can skip the next grade in school.
(d) So Colin can do better in school.
8. Why does Harry become frustrated with Colin's preparatory tests?
(a) Colin keeps getting too many wrong.
(b) He can't find the advanced tests anywhere.
(c) The questions become harder.
(d) The tests are all the same.
9. What does the school's motto, Labor Ipse Voluptas, mean?
(a) Learning is work.
(b) Work is a pleasure.
(c) Work for your money.
(d) Pleasure after work.
10. How does Harry feel toward Mr. Reagan?
(a) He is intimidated by him.
(b) He is jealous of him.
(c) He admires him.
(d) He is afraid of him.
11. Why does Harry beat Colin in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(a) For taking Steven to a dangerous place.
(b) For doing poorly on his entrance exam.
(c) For breaking his sled.
(d) For forgetting Steven at the park.
12. In Part 3, Chapter 13, how is Batty doing in school?
(a) He will likely drop out.
(b) He is at the top of his class.
(c) He hasn't been placed in a school yet.
(d) He gets mostly Cs.
13. How does Miss Woodson treat her students at King Edward's?
(a) She yells at them.
(b) She gets them out of trouble.
(c) She helps them.
(d) She embarrasses them.
14. What does Colin think about the night before his examinations?
(a) Making more money than his father.
(b) Math and quiz problems.
(c) His mother letting him stay home from school.
(d) His hut with Ian.
15. How many bunk beds does Harry put in the bomb shelter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Batty get involved with in Part 3, Chapter 13?
2. How does Harry hide the roof to the bomb shelter?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 6, what does Colin do on Sundays?
4. Where does Mr. Bletchley work?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 13, what does Harry tell Colin he is proud of?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)