|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 6, what does Colin do on Sundays?
(a) Go to church with Harry.
(b) Push Steven in his carriage.
(c) Work at the corner store.
(d) Mow the neighbors' lawns.
2. When Ellen goes to the hospital to have her baby, who helps Steven get ready in the morning?
(d) Mr. Reagan.
3. When the Savilles go sledding in Part 2, Chapter 10, who does not enjoy the activity?
4. Where does Colin meet Stafford in Part 2, Chapter 11?
(a) In the principal's office.
(b) In town.
(c) During recess.
(d) At the park.
5. What did Harry tell Colin about the hospital?
(a) It was for sick people only.
(b) No children were allowed.
(c) Doctors were his friends.
(d) It closed early.
6. At the seashore, how does Colin first react to the water?
(a) He is fearful.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is angry.
7. Who does Colin get into a fist fight with in Part 3, Chapter 15?
8. What nickname does Harry's brother, Jack, go by?
(a) Mad Jack.
(b) Jack Man.
(c) Jack Jack.
(d) Black Jack.
9. How long will Colin's bus ride be when he starts school in the fall?
(a) Ten minutes each way.
(b) An hour each way.
(c) An hour and a half each way.
(d) A half hour each way.
10. How does Colin think he did on the examination in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(a) Very well.
(b) He has no idea.
11. How does Harry know the friend he runs into while at the seashore in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) From college.
(b) From the factory.
(c) From the military.
(d) From the coal mine.
12. Where does Harry plant vegetables in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) In Mr. Reagan's backyard.
(b) In a neighboring farm town.
(c) The community garden in town.
(d) In his backyard.
13. Where do the Savilles walk for an hour every Sunday?
(a) To the library.
(b) Around the community garden.
(c) To the grocery store.
(d) Around the village and park.
14. What does Harry do after running into his friend in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He invites his friend for dinner.
(b) He borrows money from his friend.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He goes to a different beach.
15. In Part 3, Chapter 12, what happens when Harry comes to one of Colin's games?
(a) He shows up late to the game.
(b) He makes Colin proud.
(c) He roots for the wrong team.
(d) He embarrasses Colin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Colin get a sled in Part 2, Chapter 10?
2. In Part 3, Chapter 16, where are Ellen's parents confined?
3. What does Stafford buy for Colin in Part 3, Chapter 15?
4. In Part 3, Chapter 13, what does Harry tell Colin he is proud of?
5. Who does Colin help with a question in school in Part 3, Chapter 13?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)