|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two parts of Saxton?
(a) The north part and the south part.
(b) The east part and the west part.
(c) The new part and the old part.
(d) The rich part and the poor part.
2. In Part 3, Chapter 16, where are Ellen's parents confined?
(a) To their bed.
(b) To the couch.
(c) To the first floor of their house.
(d) To the hospital.
3. Where does Colin stay when his mother is in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 5?
(a) In the hospital with his mom.
(b) Alone at his house.
(c) With Harry's boss.
(d) With the Shaws.
4. Why does Harry help Colin with testing every night in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) So Colin can stay back a grade in school.
(b) So Colin can go to military school.
(c) So Colin can do better in school.
(d) So Colin can skip the next grade in school.
5. Where do Colin and Stafford go after finishing tea at the Savilles' in Part 3, Chapter 15?
(a) To the hut.
(b) To a diner.
(c) To town.
(d) To the movies.
6. At the seashore, how does Colin first react to the water?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He is fearful.
(d) He is excited.
7. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what irritates Ellen about Andrew?
(a) His speech impediment.
(b) His outgoing personality.
(c) His sleepiness.
(d) His shyness.
8. Who does Colin help with a question in school in Part 3, Chapter 13?
9. In Part 2, Chapter 6, what does Colin do on Sundays?
(a) Mow the neighbors' lawns.
(b) Work at the corner store.
(c) Push Steven in his carriage.
(d) Go to church with Harry.
10. Who do the Savilles run into while sledding in Part 2, Chapter 10?
(d) Mr. Reagan.
11. What day of the week does Stafford come over to the Savilles' house in Part 3, Chapter 15?
12. Where is the hut that Colin and his friends built?
(a) Next to the train tracks.
(b) In a valley.
(c) By the septic dump.
(d) Behind an incinerator.
13. What type of inventions does Harry start to create in Part 2, Chapter 7?
14. Who does Harry give vegetables to in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Reagan.
(b) Mr. Shaw.
(c) Mr. Bletchly.
(d) Mr. Morrison.
15. How does Stafford travel to and from school?
(a) A car.
(b) He walks.
(c) The train.
(d) The bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Harry's brother, Jack, go by?
2. How does Colin get a sled in Part 2, Chapter 10?
3. Where does Mr. Bletchley work?
4. What rugby team is Colin asked to join at his school?
5. Where do Ellen and Colin go to buy his school uniform?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)