|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when the Savilles and their neighbors went into Harry's bomb shelter in Part 1, Chapter 4?
(a) It was flooded.
(b) The door wouldn't open.
(c) The door wouldn't close.
(d) The roof collapsed.
2. Who does Colin get into a fist fight with in Part 3, Chapter 15?
3. At the seashore, how does Colin first react to the water?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is fearful.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is bored.
4. How does Mr. Hodge's react to Colin's tardiness in Part 3, Chapter 12?
(a) He gives Colin a detention.
(b) He gives Colin a time out.
(c) He gives Colin a red mark.
(d) He gives Colin extra homework.
5. What did Harry tell Colin about the hospital?
(a) No children were allowed.
(b) It closed early.
(c) It was for sick people only.
(d) Doctors were his friends.
6. What does Batty get involved with in Part 3, Chapter 13?
(a) Playing rugby.
(b) Building huts.
(c) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Working in a coal mine.
7. Where will Colin go to school in the fall?
(a) King Edward's Grammar School.
(b) Liggett University.
(c) Melsham Manor.
(d) Elizabethan Prep.
8. Where is the hut that Colin and his friends built?
(a) Next to the train tracks.
(b) Behind an incinerator.
(c) By the septic dump.
(d) In a valley.
9. When does Harry start building the bomb shelter?
(a) After he gets a bonus at work.
(b) After his neighbors were robbed.
(c) Before Colin's birthday.
(d) After his family's summer vacation.
10. What does Ellen's mother think girls should do?
(a) Take care of their husbands.
(b) Take care of the animals.
(c) Take care of the children.
(d) Take care of their mothers.
11. How does Andrew die?
(c) An accident.
(d) The family doesn't know.
12. How many bunk beds does Harry put in the bomb shelter?
13. How does Harry feel toward Mr. Reagan?
(a) He is intimidated by him.
(b) He is afraid of him.
(c) He is jealous of him.
(d) He admires him.
14. How old is Andrew in Part 1, Chapter 2?
15. What does the school's motto, Labor Ipse Voluptas, mean?
(a) Pleasure after work.
(b) Work for your money.
(c) Learning is work.
(d) Work is a pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Michael Reagan teased at Sunday school?
2. Where do the Savilles walk for an hour every Sunday?
3. What are the Saxon's neighbors waiting for in Part 3, Chapter 16?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 9, what do Ellen's parents complain about when she visits them?
5. What does Colin see his father do when he follows him to the park in Part 2, Chapter 6?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)