Short Answer Key
Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
1. When do Harry and his family move just outside of Saxton?
2. What does Ellen's mother think girls should do?
Take care of their mothers.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what irritates Ellen about Andrew?
His outgoing personality.
4. How old is Andrew in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. How does Andrew die?
6. Who helps the Savilles manage their grief over losing Andrew?
Part 1, Chapter 3
1. How was Harry able to take his family to the seashore in Part 1, Chapter 3?
He had to work overtime.
2. At the seashore, how does Colin first react to the water?
He is fearful.
3. How does Harry know the friend he runs into while at the seashore in Part 1, Chapter 3?
From the coal mine.
4. In Part 1, Chapter...
This section contains 2,625 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)