|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry help Colin with testing every night in Part 2, Chapter 8?
(a) So Colin can do better in school.
(b) So Colin can go to military school.
(c) So Colin can stay back a grade in school.
(d) So Colin can skip the next grade in school.
2. What nationalities are the prisoners of war Colin interacts with in Part 3, Chapter 14?
(a) English and Irish.
(b) German and Italian.
(c) French and Spanish.
(d) Polish and Russian.
3. What do Grandfather and Mr. Reagan talk about when Grandfather comes to stay with the Savilles?
(a) War stories.
(b) Hunting stories.
(c) Love stories.
(d) Fishing stories.
4. How does Stephens describe his students?
(a) As minds to be enlightened.
(b) As bodies to be taught.
(c) As the joys of his day.
(d) As wastes of space.
5. What are the Saxon's neighbors waiting for in Part 3, Chapter 16?
(a) The opening of a new factory.
(b) The delivery of a daily newspaper.
(c) The housing prices to rise.
(d) The end of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Harry know the friend he runs into while at the seashore in Part 1, Chapter 3?
2. Why does Ellen buy Colin's uniform too large for him?
3. What job does Colin do when he works on a farm?
4. Where does Colin stay when his mother is in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 5?
5. What does Batty get involved with in Part 3, Chapter 13?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)