|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry do after running into his friend in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He goes to a different beach.
(c) He invites his friend for dinner.
(d) He borrows money from his friend.
2. What does Harry decide not to tell his wife about during their vacation at the seashore?
(a) That her clothes are poorly made.
(b) That a war may start soon.
(c) That Colin is sick.
(d) That they are broke.
3. How does Harry hide the roof to the bomb shelter?
(a) With timber.
(b) With rocks.
(c) With mirrors.
(d) With grass.
4. When do Harry and his family move just outside of Saxton?
(a) The 1930s.
(b) The 1940s.
(c) The 1910s.
(d) The 1920s.
5. At the seashore, how does Colin first react to the water?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is fearful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when the Savilles and their neighbors went into Harry's bomb shelter in Part 1, Chapter 4?
2. In Part 2, Chapter 7, who does Colin go to Sunday school with?
3. How does Harry punish Colin for taking Steven to the hut?
4. How many bunk beds does Harry put in the bomb shelter?
5. Why did the Savilles and their neighbors go into Harry's bomb shelter in Part 1, Chapter 4?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)