|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Colin's mother in the hospital?
(a) She was having a baby.
(b) She was depressed.
(c) She broke a bone.
(d) She needed surgery.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what irritates Ellen about Andrew?
(a) His shyness.
(b) His outgoing personality.
(c) His speech impediment.
(d) His sleepiness.
3. How does Harry punish Colin for taking Steven to the hut?
(a) He sends him to his grandparents.
(b) He whips him.
(c) He grounds him.
(d) He takes his trains.
4. What shift does Harry work at the coal pit?
(a) The afternoon shift.
(b) The day shift.
(c) The night shift.
(d) A split shift.
5. Who helps the Savilles manage their grief over losing Andrew?
(b) An unnamed neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harry creosote the timbers for his bomb shelter?
2. Where does Colin stay when his mother is in the hospital in Part 1, Chapter 5?
3. How many bunk beds does Harry put in the bomb shelter?
4. What are the two parts of Saxton?
5. How old is Andrew in Part 1, Chapter 2?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)