Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
1. When do Harry and his family move just outside of Saxton?
(a) The 1940s.
(b) The 1920s.
(c) The 1910s.
(d) The 1930s.
2. What does Ellen's mother think girls should do?
(a) Take care of the children.
(b) Take care of the animals.
(c) Take care of their mothers.
(d) Take care of their husbands.
3. In Part 1, Chapter 1, what irritates Ellen about Andrew?
(a) His outgoing personality.
(b) His sleepiness.
(c) His shyness.
(d) His speech impediment.
4. How old is Andrew in Part 1, Chapter 2?
5. How does Andrew die?
(c) The family doesn't know.
(d) An accident.
6. Who helps the Savilles manage their grief over losing Andrew?
(d) An unnamed neighbor.
Part 1, Chapter 3
7. How was Harry able to take his family to the seashore in Part 1, Chapter 3?
(a) He had to use his retirement savings.
(b) He had to work overtime.
(c) He had to borrow money.
(d) He had to stay with a friend.
This section contains 4,371 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)