Part 1, Chapter 1 | Part 1, Chapter 2
• The Savilles move into a dilapidated farmhouse. Ellen hates the house, but Harry tries to make the most of it.
• The Savilles have a son named Andrew who is very outgoing even at a young age.
• Andrew falls ill and Ellen and Harry decide to watch him for a day or two.
• While trying to find a doctor, Andrew dies.
• Ellen gives birth to another son, Colin, who the parents use to help them move past Andrew's death.
Part 1, Chapter 3
• The Savilles take a vacation to the seaside.
• Even though Colin is nervous about the water at first, he soon learns to love it.
• Harry and his family enjoy their stay at the beach because it is so different from life at home.
• Harry runs into a friend from the coal mine who urges him to join the military.
• Harry won't join the military...
This section contains 1,947 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)