|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Other People's Children: North Lawndale and the South Side of Chicago,".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What public service does Kozol mention that East St. Louis lacks?
(b) Trash Removal.
(c) Unemployment Services.
2. According to Kozol, whose responsibility is it to supply all children with equally good schools?
(a) The teachers.
(b) The parents.
(c) The government.
(d) The school administrators.
3. Who does Kozol say is the biggest employer in East St. Louis?
(a) Drug trade.
(b) Pfizer Chemical Co.
(d) Public education.
4. According to Kozol, what demographic lives predominantly to the east of East St. Louis?
5. What was the poem that is memorized by the students in Kozol's class about?
(a) Broken dreams.
(b) Ghetto life.
(c) Infant mortality.
(d) The public school system.
Short Answer Questions
1. What court decision found that segregated institutions for black people could exist as long as they were equal to those open to white people?
2. What are the names of the two auto bridges that cross the Mississippi to connect East St. Louis and St. Louis?
3. How many children did Baldwin have in his classroom while teaching in the school located in the Boston suburbs?
4. Which two poets did Kozol expose the children in the urban district to?
5. According to Reverend Jim Wolff, who moved in to North Lawndale when businesses moved out?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)