|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Savage Inequalities of Public Education in New York,".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Irl Soloman earn at East St. Louis High each year after teaching for nearly 30 years?
2. What public service does Kozol mention that East St. Louis lacks?
(b) Unemployment Services.
(c) Trash Removal.
3. What is the racial makeup of 98 percent of the population in East St. Louis?
4. How many children did Baldwin have in his classroom while teaching in the school located in the Boston suburbs?
5. What happened to Martin Luther King, Jr.'s home in Lawndale after he moved?
(a) It was declared a historical site.
(b) It was sold to the city government.
(c) It was renovated by the new owner.
(d) It was bulldozed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that Americans allow all of their children the things they need to compete at the highest levels of success?
2. What major difference did Warren Franczyk, principal at Mary McLeod Bethune School, say existed between Mary McLeod Bethune School in North Lawndale and the magnet schools that the city runs?
3. What was the former purpose of the building that houses PS261?
4. How did the press in Boston refer to troubled ghetto areas with a low infant mortality rate?
5. According to Carla Hawkins, Chicago's public schools are in short supply of what type of resource?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)