|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "The Savage Inequalities of Public Education in New York,".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the school administrator at Morris High School in the South Bronx encourage the supposedly slow children to express themselves?
(a) Through interpretive dance.
(b) By writing short stories.
(c) In theater.
(d) By writing poetry.
2. Where do most of the motivated children at Morris High School plan to go after they graduate?
(a) To work.
(b) Community college.
(c) The military.
(d) Technical school.
3. According to Kozol, how many people are supposed to be in PS261 at one time?
4. How much money does Kozol say is spent on each child attending a rich, white, public school around Chicago?
5. According to Kozol, students in what racial group are more often categorized as retarded?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Kozol begin teaching in Boston?
2. What reason do students give Kozol for dropping out of school in New York?
3. How did Kozol choose the cities that he visited?
4. How many districts are New York schools divided into?
5. How does the Post-Dispatch describe East St. Louis, Illinois?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)