|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "The Equality of Innocence: Washington, D.C.,".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following does Kozol not mention as a place where the men in East St. Louis go when they disappear from the community?
(a) The military.
(d) Living on the streets.
2. Which school did President George H.W. Bush attend?
(a) St. Johns Academy.
(b) Phillips Academy.
(c) Dearfield Academy.
(d) Dearborne Academy.
3. Why did Sam Morgan, principal of East St. Louis High, not attend the school as a student?
(a) It was an all-white high school.
(b) He did not grow up in East St. Louis.
(c) The school was not built when he was in high school.
(d) He lived to far way to attend the school.
4. According to Kozol, what demographic lives predominantly to the east of East St. Louis?
5. Who does the press hail as the answer to solving local school problems?
(a) Government officials.
(b) Non-white leaders.
(c) White leaders.
(d) School administrators.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does the group of children in the Villa Griffin homes say they sing after the flag pledge?
2. How many students attend PS261 daily?
3. What type of early child care program can the principal at PS79 not start at his school?
4. Where do most of the motivated children at Morris High School plan to go after they graduate?
5. What did the press report soon after Kozol's visit to the Anacostia elementary school?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)