|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws a party on a giant sound stage at Shepperton Studios?
2. What halts progress on Gibreel's film?
3. What does Pamela continue to say about Chamcha?
4. How does Chamcha appear as he stands among the wreckage of the Hot Wax nightclub?
5. What two women begin to haunt Saladin's dreams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay expressing your opinion as to who the narrator of THE SATANIC VERSES is. Use specific lines from the novel to back up your contention.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper on the conflict between religions. Al-Lat represents polytheism as opposed to the monotheism of Mahound. Although Al-Lat is defeated by Gibreel, is that only because the Imam wills it? Khalid seems to have destroyed Al-Lat, but in the end, she is still there. Discuss this conflict in detail and how it relates to the real world.
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper on how people change as they mature and face death. Use Changez as an example and discuss the relative importance of holding onto traditions without consideration of their effects on other people. Notice how Chamcha also changes in his attitude toward his father.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)