|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Sufyan's wife, Hind, assume that her husband agrees with her?
2. What has Hind upset at the Shaandaar Bed and Breakfast?
3. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
4. When Mahound's Aeysha becomes jealous of his dalliances, what does he do?
5. Who is Jumpy Joshi's star pupil at the martial arts academy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Review the legend of the walnut tree and write a paper on different cultural beliefs and practices. Include customs of your culture that may not have any meaning in another culture. Discuss the importance of different cultures understanding each other.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay expressing your opinion on Rushdie's purpose in writing THE SATANIC VERSES. Is it a rejection of Islam or all organized religion?
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper on the conflict between religions. Al-Lat represents polytheism as opposed to the monotheism of Mahound. Although Al-Lat is defeated by Gibreel, is that only because the Imam wills it? Khalid seems to have destroyed Al-Lat, but in the end, she is still there. Discuss this conflict in detail and how it relates to the real world.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)