Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
2. Angry at Saeed, Ayesha says that those who listen to the devil's verses will go to the devil. What does Mirza Saeed answer?
3. As Hind grows bolder, what is happening to Mahound?
4. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
5. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay expressing your opinion as to who the narrator of THE SATANIC VERSES is. Use specific lines from the novel to back up your contention.
Essay Topic 2
The event of the Satanic Verses is an actual tradition of Islam. Write a paper on the probability of something like that happening. In comparison, notice how Mahound goes into a trance to quote verses to get his wife Aeysha to back off her objection to his other women. What in your opinion is Rushdie saying about where we get our religious dogmas?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay expressing your opinion on Rushdie's purpose in writing THE SATANIC VERSES. Is it a rejection of Islam or all organized religion?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)