|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Sufyan's wife, Hind, assume that her husband agrees with her?
2. What does Srinivas realize about Aeysha?
3. Who hits Jumpy over the head with an oar?
4. How does Salman test Mahound?
5. What has Hind upset at the Shaandaar Bed and Breakfast?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the idea that men do not need angels and demons because they exist in human beings. Explain why you agree or disagree and give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper on how people change as they mature and face death. Use Changez as an example and discuss the relative importance of holding onto traditions without consideration of their effects on other people. Notice how Chamcha also changes in his attitude toward his father.
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper about Zeeny and Saladin Chamcha. Zeeny represents pride in her heritage while Chamcha represents ethnic self-loathing. Discuss the merits of Zeeny's attitude and how it eventually sinks in on Salahuddin. Discuss your opinion of ethnic pride and the value of maintaining cultural differences.
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)