|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes an obsession with Mahound at Tathrib oasis?
2. Who throws a party on a giant sound stage at Shepperton Studios?
3. What does Pamela continue to say about Chamcha?
4. About what does Sufyan's wife, Hind, assume that her husband agrees with her?
5. Why do the villagers not turn back as they wade deeper and deeper into the sea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a paper about the end of the novel. What do you think the ending is saying? Why does Gibreel destroy himself and allows Saladin to continue? Discuss how this fits in with Rushdie's existential philosophy. Express whether you agree or disagree.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Sufyan's opinion that association with other Indians will transform Chamcha from his devilish appearance back into his former self. Does this actually happen in some way? Explain your opinion in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper expressing your opinion about the meaning of the Archangel Gibreel only being able to do what people who call him want him to do. What is that saying about religion?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)