Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
2. Angry at Saeed, Ayesha says that those who listen to the devil's verses will go to the devil. What does Mirza Saeed answer?
3. As Hind grows bolder, what is happening to Mahound?
4. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
5. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
Essay Topic 1
Write your opinion about the pilgrimage to Mecca. Discuss how people can be led by their hopes of something better. [You may want to compare it with Jim Jones and the Jonestown suicides]
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Sufyan's opinion that association with other Indians will transform Chamcha from his devilish appearance back into his former self. Does this actually happen in some way? Explain your opinion in detail.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay expressing your opinion on Rushdie's purpose in writing THE SATANIC VERSES. Is it a rejection of Islam or all organized religion?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)