|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now out of jail, what is Billy Battuta planning for Gibreel?
2. What halts progress on Gibreel's film?
3. Although Sufyan and Hind now live in a four-storey terraced house, what does she long for?
4. How does Chamcha appear as he stands among the wreckage of the Hot Wax nightclub?
5. What does Gibreel shout out in John Maslama's music store?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the idea that men do not need angels and demons because they exist in human beings. Explain why you agree or disagree and give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper on how people change as they mature and face death. Use Changez as an example and discuss the relative importance of holding onto traditions without consideration of their effects on other people. Notice how Chamcha also changes in his attitude toward his father.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about organized demonstrations as a means of social change. Use the demonstration on behalf of Uhura Simba and the human chain for peace as examples. Then refer to real life demonstrations that have either succeeded or failed. Some examples you might want to research and include are the demonstrations led by Gandhi in India and the American Civil Rights movement in the 1960s.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)