|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Sufyan girls think might be going on with Chamcha?
2. At the party, seeing London at Gibreel's feet, what happens to Chamcha?
3. Why does Saladin think there is no need for angels and demons?
4. What does Srinivas realize about Aeysha?
5. What happens as Aeysha walks toward the protesters trying to stop the pilgrims?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a paper on how people change as they mature and face death. Use Changez as an example and discuss the relative importance of holding onto traditions without consideration of their effects on other people. Notice how Chamcha also changes in his attitude toward his father.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper expressing your opinion about the meaning of the Archangel Gibreel only being able to do what people who call him want him to do. What is that saying about religion?
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper on the conflict between religions. Al-Lat represents polytheism as opposed to the monotheism of Mahound. Although Al-Lat is defeated by Gibreel, is that only because the Imam wills it? Khalid seems to have destroyed Al-Lat, but in the end, she is still there. Discuss this conflict in detail and how it relates to the real world.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)