|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes an obsession with Mahound at Tathrib oasis?
2. What do all the people accept as a miracle after the rains stop?
3. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
4. When Aeysha proclaims the loss of life as punishment from God, Mirza Saeed retorts that they were all underground. What does Aeysha say?
5. What makes Saladin's return to his past life difficult?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay expressing your opinion as to who the narrator of THE SATANIC VERSES is. Use specific lines from the novel to back up your contention.
Essay Topic 2
When Saladin destroys the wax figures in the Hot Wax Bar, he changes back into his human form. Write an explanation of that transformation. What does it mean to you?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the idea that men do not need angels and demons because they exist in human beings. Explain why you agree or disagree and give examples.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)