|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Hind upset at the Shaandaar Bed and Breakfast?
2. How does Salman test Mahound?
3. When Aeysha proclaims the loss of life as punishment from God, Mirza Saeed retorts that they were all underground. What does Aeysha say?
4. What does Pamela continue to say about Chamcha?
5. How does business suddenly boom at The Curtain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the idea that men do not need angels and demons because they exist in human beings. Explain why you agree or disagree and give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Take several scenes from the book like the pilgrims walking purposefully into the sea, the bloody tear from the statue of Al-Lat, the wax images in the Hot Wax Bar, and others. Then write a paper discussing Rushdie's use of symbolism, explain what the symbols are.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay expressing your opinion as to who the narrator of THE SATANIC VERSES is. Use specific lines from the novel to back up your contention.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)