|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the tragedy of the flood?
2. What does Srinivas realize about Aeysha?
3. What does Alicja Cone say to Allie about Gibreel?
4. Who throws a party on a giant sound stage at Shepperton Studios?
5. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay expressing your opinion on Rushdie's purpose in writing THE SATANIC VERSES. Is it a rejection of Islam or all organized religion?
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper about Zeeny and Saladin Chamcha. Zeeny represents pride in her heritage while Chamcha represents ethnic self-loathing. Discuss the merits of Zeeny's attitude and how it eventually sinks in on Salahuddin. Discuss your opinion of ethnic pride and the value of maintaining cultural differences.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the idea that men do not need angels and demons because they exist in human beings. Explain why you agree or disagree and give examples.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)