|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does Mirza Saeed make Aeysha as the people turn against her?
2. What is Hind doing for two years after her seclusion?
3. At the party, seeing London at Gibreel's feet, what happens to Chamcha?
4. When Mahound's Aeysha becomes jealous of his dalliances, what does he do?
5. How does Salman test Mahound?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a paper comparing and contrasting Pamela Lovelace and Allie Cone. How are they similar and how do they differ? Is one more sympathetic than the other?
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper on how people change as they mature and face death. Use Changez as an example and discuss the relative importance of holding onto traditions without consideration of their effects on other people. Notice how Chamcha also changes in his attitude toward his father.
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper discussing the similarity between the girl Aeysha and Mahound. Do you think they are mirror images? If so, what is the message Rushdie gives?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)