|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mahound's Aeysha becomes jealous of his dalliances, what does he do?
2. What happens when Aeysha agrees with the Imam?
3. Who throws a party on a giant sound stage at Shepperton Studios?
4. What halts progress on Gibreel's film?
5. Angry at Saeed, Ayesha says that those who listen to the devil's verses will go to the devil. What does Mirza Saeed answer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a paper comparing and contrasting Pamela Lovelace and Allie Cone. How are they similar and how do they differ? Is one more sympathetic than the other?
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper discussing the similarity between the girl Aeysha and Mahound. Do you think they are mirror images? If so, what is the message Rushdie gives?
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper expressing your opinion about the meaning of the Archangel Gibreel only being able to do what people who call him want him to do. What is that saying about religion?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)