|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mahound's Aeysha becomes jealous of his dalliances, what does he do?
2. Where do Mishal, Hanif, and Pinkwalla take Chamcha after they leave the Hot Wax nightclub?
3. What was the tragedy of the flood?
4. What offer does Mirza Saeed make Aeysha as the people turn against her?
5. How does business suddenly boom at The Curtain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a paper on the conflict between religions. Al-Lat represents polytheism as opposed to the monotheism of Mahound. Although Al-Lat is defeated by Gibreel, is that only because the Imam wills it? Khalid seems to have destroyed Al-Lat, but in the end, she is still there. Discuss this conflict in detail and how it relates to the real world.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper discussing the similarity between the girl Aeysha and Mahound. Do you think they are mirror images? If so, what is the message Rushdie gives?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Rushdie's writing style and express your opinion as to its sound. Do you think he makes it sound the way people actually talk? Give examples from the novel.
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)