Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
2. Angry at Saeed, Ayesha says that those who listen to the devil's verses will go to the devil. What does Mirza Saeed answer?
3. As Hind grows bolder, what is happening to Mahound?
4. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
5. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
Analyze Sufyan's opinion that association with other Indians will transform Chamcha from his devilish appearance back into his former self. Does this actually happen in some way? Explain your opinion in detail.
Review the legend of the walnut tree and write a paper on different cultural beliefs and practices. Include customs of your culture that may not have any meaning in another culture. Discuss the importance of different cultures understanding each other.
Take several scenes from the book like the pilgrims walking purposefully into the sea, the bloody tear from the statue of Al-Lat, the wax images in the Hot Wax Bar, and others. Then write a paper discussing Rushdie's use of symbolism, explain what the symbols are.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)