Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
2. Angry at Saeed, Ayesha says that those who listen to the devil's verses will go to the devil. What does Mirza Saeed answer?
3. As Hind grows bolder, what is happening to Mahound?
4. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
5. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
Write an essay about organized demonstrations as a means of social change. Use the demonstration on behalf of Uhura Simba and the human chain for peace as examples. Then refer to real life demonstrations that have either succeeded or failed. Some examples you might want to research and include are the demonstrations led by Gandhi in India and the American Civil Rights movement in the 1960s.
Write an essay expressing your opinion on Rushdie's purpose in writing THE SATANIC VERSES. Is it a rejection of Islam or all organized religion?
Write a paper about Zeeny and Saladin Chamcha. Zeeny represents pride in her heritage while Chamcha represents ethnic self-loathing. Discuss the merits of Zeeny's attitude and how it eventually sinks in on Salahuddin. Discuss your opinion of ethnic pride and the value of maintaining cultural differences.
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)