Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
2. Angry at Saeed, Ayesha says that those who listen to the devil's verses will go to the devil. What does Mirza Saeed answer?
3. As Hind grows bolder, what is happening to Mahound?
4. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
5. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay expressing your opinion on Rushdie's purpose in writing THE SATANIC VERSES. Is it a rejection of Islam or all organized religion?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay expressing your opinion as to who the narrator of THE SATANIC VERSES is. Use specific lines from the novel to back up your contention.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Rushdie's writing style and express your opinion as to its sound. Do you think he makes it sound the way people actually talk? Give examples from the novel.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)