|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mahound learn just before he dies?
2. Why is Dr. Simba arrested?
3. How does Anahita Sufyan apologize for calling Chamcha a freak?
4. What happens to Billy Battuta and Mimi in New York?
5. Why does Saladin think there is no need for angels and demons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a paper discussing the similarity between the girl Aeysha and Mahound. Do you think they are mirror images? If so, what is the message Rushdie gives?
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper expressing your opinion about the meaning of the Archangel Gibreel only being able to do what people who call him want him to do. What is that saying about religion?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on the idea that men do not need angels and demons because they exist in human beings. Explain why you agree or disagree and give examples.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)