|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mahound learn just before he dies?
2. What happens as Aeysha walks toward the protesters trying to stop the pilgrims?
3. What must happen before a Prophet can die?
4. What is Hind doing for two years after her seclusion?
5. What does Alicja Cone say to Allie about Gibreel?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Sufyan's opinion that association with other Indians will transform Chamcha from his devilish appearance back into his former self. Does this actually happen in some way? Explain your opinion in detail.
Essay Topic 2
One of the main themes of THE SATANIC VERSES is that of racism. Select example passages on that theme and write your opinion about the subject.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay expressing your opinion on Rushdie's purpose in writing THE SATANIC VERSES. Is it a rejection of Islam or all organized religion?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)