|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rosa Diamond rush for her hat, cloak, and stick?
2. After a night at the Masks, where does Mahound wake up?
3. What is odd about the song Gibreel begins to sing?
4. What claim does Aeysha make upon her return to Titlipur?
5. What is the question about the type of song Gibreel sang?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gibreel want to get to London?
2. Describe how Chamcha is helped to get out of the hospital.
3. What had happened to Rekha?
4. What is the difference of opinion between Gibreel and the Imam?
5. What is the thing Chamcha must do that calls him away from the human chain protest?
6. Where does the title of Satanic Verses come from?
7. Describe the physical transformation of Chamcha after he comes back to earth.
8. How is Baal finally recognized in spite of his dyed skin and attire like a djinn?
9. What is the reaction to Saladin when Sufyan brings him into the Shaandaar hotel?
10. How does Chamcha react to the information that Changez has not been told that he is dying?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Sufyan's opinion that association with other Indians will transform Chamcha from his devilish appearance back into his former self. Does this actually happen in some way? Explain your opinion in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper expressing your opinion about the meaning of the Archangel Gibreel only being able to do what people who call him want him to do. What is that saying about religion?
Essay Topic 3
Mahound's new religion is called Submission. The religion consists of rules and regulations. Some people, like Khalid, are very comfortable with this control while others, like Salman the scribe, cannot accept the restrictions. Only Mahound seems not to be bound by the rules. Write a paper discussing your opinion about a religion of rules and laws without compassion.
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)