|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Imam summons Gibreel, the Archangel, where does he demand to be taken?
2. What blasphemous thing does Mirza say to Aeysha?
3. What does ellowen deeowen stand for?
4. What does Chamcha order Gibreel to do?
5. Who thinks it is a miracle that they are alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Chamcha is helped to get out of the hospital.
2. What is the difference of opinion between Gibreel and the Imam?
3. After Pamela kicks him out, what kind of treatment does Jumpy receive at the Shaandaar Cafe?
4. What happens at Shepperton Studios?
5. When Mahound has conquered the city, why is Salman spared?
6. Explain how Baal, the satirical poet, realizes that Mahound is returning to Jahilia.
7. Explain how the floods change the mining townspeople's minds about Aeysha.
8. Explain what Gibreel sees on the way down to earth that Chamcha does not see.
9. Where does the title of Satanic Verses come from?
10. What message does Aeysha give Mishal in response to Mirza Saeed's final appeal to the pilgrims?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Sufyan's opinion that association with other Indians will transform Chamcha from his devilish appearance back into his former self. Does this actually happen in some way? Explain your opinion in detail.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper expressing your opinion about the meaning of the Archangel Gibreel only being able to do what people who call him want him to do. What is that saying about religion?
Essay Topic 3
Write a paper comparing and contrasting Pamela Lovelace and Allie Cone. How are they similar and how do they differ? Is one more sympathetic than the other?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)