|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is beside Gibreel's ear when he wakes up on the beach?
2. How does Hind say he got there?
3. Who thinks it is a miracle that they are alive?
4. How does Osman make his living?
5. Why does Rosa Diamond rush for her hat, cloak, and stick?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chamcha go about reclaiming his life after he returns to normal?
2. What do the citizens of Jahilia and their religion represent in the novel?
3. Why is Gibreel unable to get away from Rosa Diamond?
4. Describe how Gibreel and Chamcha fall from the wreckage of flight AI-420.
5. When Mahound has conquered the city, why is Salman spared?
6. How is Chamcha restored to his human form?
7. What is the importance of the wrestling match between Mahound and the Archangel Gibreel?
8. Describe how Gibreel and Chamcha find themselves as they wake up on land.
9. Why is Chamcha arrested by the police and later released?
10. What do Mishal and Anahita question about Chamcha's appearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on the idea that men do not need angels and demons because they exist in human beings. Explain why you agree or disagree and give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper comparing and contrasting Pamela Lovelace and Allie Cone. How are they similar and how do they differ? Is one more sympathetic than the other?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay expressing your opinion as to who the narrator of THE SATANIC VERSES is. Use specific lines from the novel to back up your contention.
This section contains 1,394 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)